IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Election Day Discussion

fraurosena

So we have to wait until January for the Georgia special election for the Senate seat. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Smee said:

Oh, I just flipped back to the Presidential coverage and they're just calling California, Washington and Oregon with 0% of the votes in? I get that these are blue strongholds but that seems presumptuous!

There was a year when California was called before the polls even closed.  They now do us the favor of waiting until 8:00:30 PST.  

We will go blue.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

CNN just said there's a million PA absentees that haven't been counted. That's good news.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

Just now, adidas said:

Thanks @Maggie Mae @Destinyand @JoyfulSel it’s really kind of you to spell it out for me. Your election system in the US is quite different to ours and I appreciate your patience with me asking dumb questions!!

If by quite different you mean convoluted bullshit, I agree. ;)

If you haven't noticed, I have FEELINGS about the electoral college. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

You get irate And curse me out  and hey, You do you! But I asked a simple question: what in my shit stirring post is false or not factual?  Has Trumped stopped LBGTQ from living their lives, making a family or a living or taken away a single right in four years? 

Still waiting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 5
  • Fuck You 4
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

If by quite different you mean convoluted bullshit, I agree. ;)

If you haven't noticed, I have FEELINGS about the electoral college. 

Well I thought I should be *polite* by saying it is ‘different’ ... 

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

We waste so much energy on the electoral college. We could be talking about actual policies - DC just voted to decriminalize mushrooms (the drug kind, not the culinary kind), but we are all wrapped up in mathematical probabilities of winning states. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I came here to post this.  No one panic about Michigan yet, the early and mail votes are barely in and we knew election day votes would be Trump heavy.  We can't panic about Michigan or PA yet.

Michigan had over 3 million absentee ballots this election. It is too soon to give up on us. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

Just now, tabitha2 said:

You get irate And curse me out  and hey, You do you! But I asked a simple question: what in my shit stirring post is false or not factual?  Has Trumped stopped LBGTQ from living their lives, making a family or a living or taken away a single right in four years? 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-transgender-idUSKCN1TF1ZM

In case you weren't familiar, the T in LGBTQ is transgender. I'm not bothering to link more when you are clearly being a disingenuous.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

Fox: Biden 218, Trump 148

Also, Mark Kelly (Mr. Gabrielle Giffords) will beat Martha McSally (quick quick quick!)

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Still waiting. 

THERE ARE OTHER ISSUES. You completely just ignored all the other issues - the fact that he cozies up to dictators. That his ex wife is on record (and recanted, because that's what abused women do) calling him a rapist. He's on video discussing his infant daughter's legs and breasts. He defended Giuliani's abhorrent behavior in the Borat movie. He raped a reporter in a dressing room. He allowed Russia to interfere with our elections. he's a known racist. He's anti-science. He believes his body has a finite amount of energy. He spends fortunes of public money to go golfing. He praises violence. He incites violence. He profits, personally, from his office. He's violated the Hatch Act. 

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

@tabitha2, first of all, fuck you. Secondly, here's a link to some stuff. https://www.hrc.org/news/the-list-of-trumps-unprecedented-steps-for-the-lgbtq-community

Thank you. I was 200% certain there was more but didn't have the mental bandwidth to go searching when I'm already barely staving off a meltdown. The military thing was just the first thing that popped in my head. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Still waiting. 

You are posting on a forum that examines the damage that fundamentalists cause to society. He nominated a woman who's religion literally calls her a handmaid. That's just the most recent thing. You're doing some serious mental gymnastics trying to justify yourself right now. Buffy was being polite as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, just stop. 

• Upvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 9

Florida passed a $15 minimum wage, which is really inconsistent with the level of Trump voting. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Yessss! If Faux is calling it, it must be true. This is big.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Florida passed a $15 minimum wage, which is really inconsistent with the level of Trump voting. 

Yay! also, what the all-encompassing fuck? How can you vote for a reasonable minimum wage and also for trump?

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 8

15 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Tommy Tuberville sounds like a name for comic-book villain, or a comedian. 

Yeah, it does.  He's the former football coach at Auburn University and a Trump ass kisser.

• Upvote 2

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic