IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 10: Grifting for Children's Toys on the Newborn Registry

Coconut Flan

11 minutes ago, postscript said:

In their latest video, they are visiting Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. I assume this took place a couple of months ago judg8ng by the size of Tiffany’s bump. I can’t help being jealous of their near-constant ability to travel.

Unfortunately, the history is lost on these yahoos. Lawson is most impressed by the weaponry, and Tiffany describes everything as “cute” or “little.” A few highlights:

• Lawson does a commercial for some game. They also talk about the all-inclusive pass for the three sites, so I assume that was either comped or deeply discounted. 
  • As they wander through Williamsburg, Lawson talks about how compact everything is and the sense of community.
  • Tiffany is entranced by the various livestock. At one point, they go see a lamb, and Tiffany coos about wanting one for their farm. Um, Tiff, lambs grow fast. They rapidly lose their cuteness. 
  • Lawson reminds us Tiffany has a master’s degree. Whatever she learned apparently didn’t include history. She knows very little about these sites, and she comes off as ditzy in this video.
  • Lawson proudly informs us that all men of that era were automatically enrolled in the militia and were required to own at least one gun (this while panning over racks of muskets). Later, they watch a musket demonstration. Still later, they hurry to watch a cannon being fired. Lawson informs us he doesn’t want to miss it. 
  • at one point, they enter a replica of a Native American dwelling. Tiffany has to spell the name of the Powhatan tribe. She is turned off by the smell (I’m with you there, Tiff!). Lawson asks her if she could give birth here. She swallows hard and says women have been doing it for thousands of years, so yes, she could. Whether she would choose to is another matter. 
  • they tour the boat replicas, and even gung-ho Lawson thinks they’re too small to brave the Atlantic. 
  • Tiffany comments on the name James, and then follows up with a comment on the name William. Pretty much a giveaway that one of these will be baby’s name. 

I really appreciate you taking one for the team, postscript. I am just too hot and irritable to watch these 2 twits myself lol.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I am neither hot nor irritable, and I have absolutely zero desire to support their lifestyle by clicking on their lame ass videos.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I am neither hot nor irritable, and I have absolutely zero desire to support their lifestyle by clicking on their lame ass videos.

Good point!

• Upvote 3

I watch them because I find their ongoing idiocy somewhat amusing. I’m also invested in the baby and vaguely curious about how they’ll adjust. However, there’s always at least one moment in each video where I feel like strangling Lawson or shaking Tiffany. At some point, their theme of “nitwits exploring the world” will become insufferable and I’ll nope out. 

You miss absolutely nothing by skipping these videos (or any of the Bates family offshoots). They are slickly produced and more mainstream than, say, Jill Rod’s poorly filmed snippets, but the content is even more inane than Bringing Up Bates. What amazes me is that their comment string is full of “you’re such a godly Christian family and that baby is so blessed” comments. I don’t understand how anyone can watch these unironically. 

• Upvote 11

On 6/15/2024 at 6:32 PM, postscript said:

• Lawson proudly informs us that all WHITE men of that era were automatically enrolled in the militia and were required to own at least one gun (this while panning over racks of muskets). 

Fixed that for you, Lawson. Colonial Williamsburg does an excellent job of portraying the lives of the enslaved, free blacks, and Native Americans in the community. Black folks were OVER HALF of the Colonial Williamsburg community,  But I'm sure that was lost on these nitwits, and they probably avoided any of the programming dealing with those topics.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 6/16/2024 at 10:17 AM, postscript said:

I watch them because I find their ongoing idiocy somewhat amusing. I’m also invested in the baby and vaguely curious about how they’ll adjust. However, there’s always at least one moment in each video where I feel like strangling Lawson or shaking Tiffany. At some point, their theme of “nitwits exploring the world” will become insufferable and I’ll nope out. 

You miss absolutely nothing by skipping these videos (or any of the Bates family offshoots). They are slickly produced and more mainstream than, say, Jill Rod’s poorly filmed snippets, but the content is even more inane than Bringing Up Bates. What amazes me is that their comment string is full of “you’re such a godly Christian family and that baby is so blessed” comments. I don’t understand how anyone can watch these unironically. 

Yep. Here's the video. How do these twits have time to travel so much and where do they get the money??

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

How do these twits have time to travel so much and where do they get the money??

I've decided that Tiffany's holdings are much greater than we (I) believe they are. In addition to the real estate she could have amassed a sizable financial portfolio with her parents' assistance and her earlier acting. I'm thinking she (her parents on her behalf) may have it set up so that she receives monthly, predictable income from part of it. And that could be a lot, and could go a long way by home-basing in Tennessee rather than California.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

They have a new video up, titled "New Bates Boy Baby." Before you start wondering if their baby came early - it's Tori's baby. Much of the video is taken up with them going to Knoxville to meet Weston Slade. They also have another doctor appointment. We're told they're going to share the 3D ultrasound with us, but of course they don't. Hopefully they'll remember to do it before the baby comes.

Lawson had a fender bender with his beloved truck, but his "good buddy James" (presumably James Duggar) fixed it for him. Nice to have a personal mechanic on call. Lawson still has to put a new bumper on. 

Erin and baby William are at the hospital. Lawson and Tiffany cuddle baby Weston and talk about how small he is. They expect to have a small baby. Lawson was the biggest Bates baby at 6 pounds 9 ounces. Their due date is next. They both think "Weston Slade" is the coolest name of all their nieces and nephews and talk about the recent W names. They ask for baby name suggestions in the comments. The weekly teasing of the baby's name is getting old.

Back at the big house, Lawson plays pickle ball with Gil and Kelly. He tells us Duke needs a bath (thanks for sharing, Lawson). They all tell Erin she needs to move back to Tennessee, and she says she misses it. Duke comes back to Nashville with them.  Lawson talks about how much they still need to do with the "baby room" ("nursery," Lawson. It isn't that hard to remember). 

The commercial this week is for cologne for both men and women. Lawson is trying out four kinds, at least one picked by Tiffany. I can only imagine how he smells. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

Good lord, they premiere these videos. And at one point, it looks like they had 1000 people watching. They really get that many people to watch in first run? I can feel brain cells dying whenever I listen to them.

This one is all about the “baby room.” At the end, Lawson finally calls it a nursery. Highlights:

• they bought the $300 rug from several weeks ago. The rug, and most of the decor, is cream. Tiffany likes neutrals. Lawson likes pops of color but not like a “90s ball pit.” Didn’t they have a kiddie ball pit on their registry? I look at all that white and picture it in 9 months covered with spit up stains. 
  • they complain about having to assemble all of the baby furniture. Ironic, since the commercial this week is for a rocker/recliner and Lawson makes a point of how easy it is to assemble. 
  • tiffany’s grandmother made a really cute baby quilt with blue elephant appliqués. They opt to hang it on the wall. 
  • Boy, do they have a lot of random baby-related stuff. Lawson demonstrates a baby chair (cream, of course) that flips out into a futon. 
  • Lawson shows us they have diapers, though the packages he picks up are apparently wipes and a swaddle. 
  • they also show us a rack of picture books, including Make Way for Ducklings (cue photos of Tiff on Boston Common), something about San Diego, and something about country music. I can’t help thinking these books are about Lawson’s reading level. 
  • Tiffany shows us a couple of her favorite baby outfits. They’ve got a whole rack of clothes, all of which have been washed and line-dried. 
  • Lawson tells us they’ll tell us the name once they’ve figured out what it is. Commenters suggest George and Wilder/Wylder, both of which I could see them using. 
  • Tiffany is already talking about having another child. Um, let’s see how things go with one. 
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 12

I will be so impressed (neutrally) if Tiffany manages to have a bunch of kids.  I'm on my second pregnancy and my god the joint/ligament pain is so much worse this time around already.  She's so tiny and she was complaining about the round ligament pains early on in pregnancy.  I was just hobbling around the house the other day and thinking about 19 pregnancies and how miserable that would be.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 15

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I will be so impressed (neutrally) if Tiffany manages to have a bunch of kids.  I'm on my second pregnancy and my god the joint/ligament pain is so much worse this time around already.  She's so tiny and she was complaining about the round ligament pains early on in pregnancy.  I was just hobbling around the house the other day and thinking about 19 pregnancies and how miserable that would be.

I had a nurse tell me that round ligament pain get worse with subsequent pregnancies. May have cemented my decision to stick to one 😂

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Does anyone else feel like Tiffany has been pregnant forever?!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 12

I endured their video of the baby shower. Her brother, Eric, does not seem impressed with the whole Bates family. And, wtf--she thanks The Bates Kids and can barely get out "Kelly Jo"??  Weird vibe

• Upvote 8

I also just sat through the entire 30 minutes of the 3D ultrasound/baby shower video. Lawson should stop shoving his camera into other people's faces and asking how they feel or if they have anything to announce. Also, if he hadn't said this was a baby shower, I would have assumed it was a family cookout. He showed lots of footage of the food (with Zach apparently manning the grill) and the males playing games, but nothing of the gifts. 

He kept hinting that someone had something to announce, and Tiffany even said she knew of one other pregnancy that hadn't been announced (they mentioned Nathan/Esther and Katie/Travis earlier, so not them). No announcements. However, at the end, Lawson stumbled onto Travis and Katie doing a private gender reveal. Lawson is delighted they're having a boy. He really sees girls as second-class citizens. 

Kelly once again takes credit for the party but does very little. Callie, Jeb and Jud do most of the actual labor. Lawson is assigned to work on the balloon arch and hang some decorations, but in typical Lawson fashion, he fails miserably. "My man" James Duggar does the work for Lawson. 

At the ultrasound, the baby is currently breech and with his face toward Tiffany's spine, meaning it takes a while to get a shot of the face. Lawson babbles on about the baby hiding from the family, sounding even more of a fool than usual. Cue lots of speculation over who the baby looks like, along with video of Tiffany's adoption. No snark on that. They get a stuffed monkey with the baby's heartbeat. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

I remember some of the earlier BUB episodes where I kind of felt bad for Lawson. He seemed so insecure and desperate (no wonder he and Tiffany were drawn to each other). But he's aged into a calcified misogynist pig with zero self-awareness. I suppose that's the goal of their particular religious Kool-Aid, though.

• Upvote 14

On 6/25/2024 at 9:38 AM, postscript said:

Good lord, they premiere these videos. And at one point, it looks like they had 1000 people watching. They really get that many people to watch in first run? I can feel brain cells dying whenever I listen to them.

This one is all about the “baby room.” At the end, Lawson finally calls it a nursery. Highlights:

• they bought the $300 rug from several weeks ago. The rug, and most of the decor, is cream. Tiffany likes neutrals. Lawson likes pops of color but not like a “90s ball pit.” Didn’t they have a kiddie ball pit on their registry? I look at all that white and picture it in 9 months covered with spit up stains. 
  • they complain about having to assemble all of the baby furniture. Ironic, since the commercial this week is for a rocker/recliner and Lawson makes a point of how easy it is to assemble. 

All of the beige and neutrals make me nervous. I'm messy and my girls are even messier. When I bought my new bedroom furniture I had dreams of a white comforter on the bed with dark blue pillows. My mother refused to even listen to me about that. She said that would be the biggest waste given how I would probably spill something on it within 24 hours. 

I will give them the frustration over the assembly thing. I had a few goals when I bought my new house. I wanted new furniture that matched and did not have to be assembled.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My mother said the best she ever felt was when she was pregnant. So I guess somebody love it. I never had kids so I'll never know if I might have inherited that trait.

I'm to the point in my life when I'd happily never assemble furniture again either. I doubt I will get that chance but I wouldn't mind one bit. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

My mother said the best she ever felt was when she was pregnant. So I guess somebody love it. I never had kids so I'll never know if I might have inherited that trait.

I'm to the point in my life when I'd happily never assemble furniture again either. I doubt I will get that chance but I wouldn't mind one bit. 

I'll assemble your furniture! I love doing stuff like that lol.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

I'll assemble your furniture! I love doing stuff like that lol.

more power to you! It's good to have that desire and presumably skill!

I didn't mind when I was younger but a few years ago I bought 6 bookshelves and by the time I finished assembling them I started to think how it would have been easier to purge books (and it's not easy to purge books!)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

more power to you! It's good to have that desire and presumably skill!

I didn't mind when I was younger but a few years ago I bought 6 bookshelves and by the time I finished assembling them I started to think how it would have been easier to purge books (and it's not easy to purge books!)

I have a touch of OCD so I'm kind of built for assembly. But purging books sounds awful! Having an e-reader makes my life easier. I'm sure that's not a problem for Lawson and Tiffany though. The majority of their reading time is probably spent on social media comments. Much more so than their beloved bible.

• Upvote 6

On 6/21/2024 at 3:28 AM, postscript said:

The commercial this week is for cologne for both men and women.

Huh. Apparently gender neutral options are fine when it’s about cologne, but somehow an issue when it’s about pants and public restrooms. These fundies never cease to amaze me.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

My mother said the best she ever felt was when she was pregnant. So I guess somebody love it.

I felt very well during my pregnacies. But I only have 2 and not close in age, so the second time I could rest and enjoy it just as in the first one. If pregnancies are very close, it must be exhausting.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Huh. Apparently gender neutral options are fine when it’s about cologne, but somehow an issue when it’s about pants and public restrooms. These fundies never cease to amaze me.

I got the impression some of the scents were being marketed more toward one sex and that Lawson was using the more masculine scents. The idea of Lawson wearing cologne at all is gender confusing. He’s vain enough to want to smell good, but he also presents himself as a manly man who wouldn’t want to smell sissy. Gender differentiation goes out the window when there’s a buck to be made, I guess. 

• Upvote 3

As of today, 173 items have been purchased on Lawson and Tiffany's registry. ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREE gifts for these nitwits.  

And you know friends and family and leghumpers have sent them dozens of other gifts.

There are babies in their town right now that don't have adequate diapers or formula. And these two will do NOTHING for them.

This makes me want to punch a wall. https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/AWHVBVJUSXZR?ref=br_search_v2_desktop_res_1&tag=registryfcom-20

• Upvote 11
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2