IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Election Day Discussion

fraurosena

9 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

What did he say? 

Daniel Dale hit the "highlights". 

Even Frothy said this shit was stupid, and when you lose Frothy? You done fucked up Menace. Not that it matters because his sycophants don't fucking care. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 3

In Germany the day started. I woke up and checked the news right away, only to see who won in Texas. And California.  I am not sure how to stand another 4 years with this bullshit. I can't believe it. Please don't let this come true. Now I am at work and will be nervous until the end of the day. And possibly beyond. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

What did he say? 

He's claiming victory. 

• Disgust 2

I'm trying to wait up for the WI results that are due soon, but it might not be happening. I'm fading. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Even Frothy said this shit was stupid. 

Santorum making sense is causing my head to explode.

• Upvote 6

I have another question (excuse the foreigner): to which state do the Americans living abroad count? Are they their own ‘state’ with Electoral Votes? Or do they count for their ‘home state’?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

In Germany the day started. I woke up and checked the news right away, only to see who won in Texas. And California.  I am not sure how to stand another 4 years with this bullshit. I can't believe it. Please don't let this come true. Now I am at work and will be nervous until the end of the day. And possibly beyond. 

No, Biden has California. 

• Thank You 1

Just now, CarrotCake said:

I have another question (excuse the foreigner): to which state do the Americans living abroad count? Are they their own ‘state’ with Electoral Votes? Or do they count for their ‘home state’?

The state they lived in before they left the United States.

• Thank You 9

3 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

If you're talking military, it's your "home of record". For example, I was stationed in California, but I was an Arizona resident so my ballot came from and was counted in Arizona. The same goes for any duty station. 

Edited by DaisyD
  • Thank You 7

17 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I can't believe what I just heard from him in the White House. That shit is going to get people killed. That's not hyperbole, that's my legitimate fear. The dog whistle to his followers could well cause violence. 

I'm pretty sure that's his goal. If he loses he plans to stage a coup. He's convincing his supporters to ignore reports of his (potential) loss and help him forcibly remain in power.

• Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 14

4 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

You know what, I don't actually know about that. I think if I packed up and moved to Canada, (can I come live with you Canada?) I would still get a vote in federal elections. At least I damn well had better if I'm still paying income tax. 

Military does it with your home state, but I'm not sure how it works for someone unaffiliated with the military who lives abroad. If no one knows, I'll research later. I am falling asleep because it's over 4am and wordsing is hard. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

This is one of the few times I wish I had taken up drinking. A bottle or two or five of something probably would help.  

I started 4 years ago. Let's just say 2020 me could drink Navy me under the fucking table. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

You register and vote absentee in your "home state." same with some college kids who live in dorms. But if you want to be really confused, the DNC (Democrat party) has an group called "Democrats Abroad" and they get 8 primary votes. 

If you want to be mad, remember that territoroes and other non states are still citizens, but they don't get a vote. And there are like 4 different groups of them, all with different restrictions. I have a really good YouTube video saved about it but I'm on my phone and this thread is moving fast. 

• Thank You 3

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

You know what, I don't actually know about that. I think if I packed up and moved to Canada, (can I come live with you Canada?) I would still get a vote in federal elections. At least I damn well had better if I'm still paying income tax. 

Military does it with your home state, but I'm not sure how it works for someone unaffiliated with the military who lives abroad. If no one knows, I'll research later. I am falling asleep because it's over 4am and wordsing is hard. 

I've got the watch. I've been out of work for 7 months and time is now a construct. 

• Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm pretty sure that's his goal. If he loses he plans to stage a coup. He's convincing his supporters to ignore reports of his (potential) loss and help him forcibly remain in power.

He’s been laying the groundwork for this all year. Calling his supporters Trump’s army back in the spring was the first major sign.

Trump is fighting for his life here. He will stop at nothing.

• I Agree 15

15 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

If you want to be mad, remember that territoroes and other non states are still citizens, but they don't get a vote. And there are like 4 different groups of them, all with different restrictions. I have a really good YouTube video saved about it but I'm on my phone and this thread is moving fast. 

Guam, USVI, Washington DC and Puerto Rico have zero representation on the federal level, having no congressperson or senators. I believe they all have nonvoting representatives to the House, nothing in Senate. 

Guam, USVI, and PR have no vote for president at all, other than primaries. they have no representation in the Electoral College and do not cast a vote in the presidential elections.

Yes, this pisses me the actual fuck off as a person who loves PR and USVI (I'm sure there's nothing wrong with DC or Guam, I've just never been there.)

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I think I heard that but immediately forgot about it. Does he have any other experience? 

None.  Just a football coach.  He coached at Ole Miss, Auburn, Texas Tech, and University of Cincinnati.  While at Auburn he allowed a player who raped a 15 year old girl return to the team.  Of course that was after the player plead guilty to a reduced charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.  This is the man my state (Alabama) thinks would make a better Senator than Doug Jones.

• WTF 6

5 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

I've got the watch. I've been out of work for 7 months and time is now a construct. 

I'm not planning to work tomorrow so time is theoretically a construct here too. I think I'm going to try for a nap though. 

• Upvote 5

Here's the video I mentioned, I think it explains some things that might be interesting if not completely relevant right now. 

• Thank You 5

1 minute ago, RosyDaisy said:

None.  Just a football coach.  He coached at Ole Miss, Auburn, Texas Tech, and University of Cincinnati.  While at Auburn he allowed a player who raped a 15 year old girl return to the team.  Of course that was after the player plead guilty to a reduced charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.  This is the man my state (Alabama) thinks would make a better Senator than Doug Jones.

Imagine him, Ted Cruz, and one or more Trump offspring fighting over which one of them should be president in 2024. :martian-disgust:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

We have enough issues, we certainly don't need Farage here.

image.png.815321707d1876539a0515e697712e20.png

We're not accepting him back.  He's all yours.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

For those who missed Trump's speech at the White House, here's the relevant bit:

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

@Giraffe THANKS! I do not know how I missed it. You really reduced my anxiety level. Maybe I mixed it up with Florida. Coffeeless morning brain I suppose. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic