IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Election Day Discussion

fraurosena

NATE SILVER

NOV. 4, 12:34 AM

A lot of states have been called on some networks and not on others. If you plug in all the states where any network has called the state for Biden or Trump, it shows Biden at 88 percent to win the Electoral College, Trump at 6 percent, and a 6 percent chance of a tie. But that depends on Biden winning Arizona and Minnesota, which ABC News hasn’t projected yet.

Good news, I hope. 

• Upvote 6

I read somewhere that they stopped counting votes in Atlanta for the night. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

NATE SILVER

NOV. 4, 12:34 AM

A lot of states have been called on some networks and not on others. If you plug in all the states where any network has called the state for Biden or Trump, it shows Biden at 88 percent to win the Electoral College, Trump at 6 percent, and a 6 percent chance of a tie. But that depends on Biden winning Arizona and Minnesota, which ABC News hasn’t projected yet.

Good news, I hope. 

CNN has called MN and it's not called but AZ is very likely to flip blue.

CNN just called Florida for Trump.

• Upvote 5

The Republican governor of Arizona is angry that Arizona has gone to Biden, saying it's too early to say that.

Also, Greg Gianforte, the Montana congressman who physically assaults people, is in the lead for Montana's governor.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 5

Biden is speaking.  He looks a little tired (no judgement, it's almost 1:00 am there) but is very positive.  He's such a gracious and charming man.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, JMarie said:

The Republican governor of Arizona is angry that Arizona has gone to Biden, saying it's too early to say that.

Also, Greg Gianforte, the Montana congressman who physically assaults people, is in the lead for Montana's governor.

Hopping out of lurkdom to say that I’m not surprised Arizona looks to be flipping blue. I live here and Ducey has done an awful job managing the COVID outbreak. I’m sure his inaction cost the GOP some support. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Trump is making a speech so I'm going to bed because if I listen to him speak I'll never sleep.

To quote Joe Biden from a few minutes ago, "keep the faith."  Hoping for good news tomorrow.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I read somewhere that they stopped counting votes in Atlanta for the night. 

They did and will start counting again tomorrow. 

So Georgia can’t be called 

Idk if this is controversial but I think the US should normalize not calling or projecting winners until a couple days later when virtually all votes are counted and recounted 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3

Edit: I'm wrong. CNN app decided to play games with me.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I'm going to see what Trump says and then go to bed, because it will bother me too much if I don't. Hoping I can go to be content knowing both candidates reassure the American people that it's not over until it's over. 

11 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Fuck Ducey and his bullshit. He's the reason McSally ever got a seat in the first place. She lost her run and then he gave McCain's seat to her. He can die mad when she loses again. 

• I Agree 8

Just now, meep said:

Hoping I can go to be content knowing both candidates reassure the American people that it's not over until it's over. 

I'm absolutely certain the Menace will end up telling us that it's all a fix and he's the winner. He's already trying on twitter.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

Steve Bullock and Steve Daines are literally 50-50 right now, in the MT senate race. 53% of the vote reporting. 

1 minute ago, livinginthelight said:

Where? Not on the WaPo site.

It was the CNN app trolling me. It decided to play something from 2h ago. 

• Sad 5

9 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Idk if this is controversial but I think the US should normalize not calling or projecting winners until a couple days later when virtually all votes are counted and recounted 

Absolutely. The only people who win right now are the media conglomerates and the alcohol companies and resellers. 

• Upvote 6

I also wish the US would quit projecting winners until all votes are counted, especially this year when there was a record number of mail-in ballots being cast due to the pandemic.

• Upvote 13

Sending all my best wishes to all US-FJ members!! I've been up since 5:45 am and it feels like a thriller. Can't imagine what you guys must be going through. I hope everybody stays safe and sound!!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 3

Fuck these guys. They are already starting the groundwork for the election was stolen shit. 

2020-11-04 02.10.09.jpg

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 12

4 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I also wish the US would quit projecting winners until all votes are counted, especially this year when there was a record number of mail-in ballots being cast due to the pandemic.

Just to be clear for all of the non-Americans - the US Government isn't making these calls. These "calls" are being made by media companies, who all have interns and reporters and analysts fighting to be the first to report returns from each district. Each state has their own election commission who certifies the vote and assigns electoral voters. The actual electoral college doesn't vote until January 6. 

So in a few days there will be recounts on close races, there will be lawsuits, and no one will really win. Except the people who are making money on all of this. 

We could so be using this time to figure out something like education or health care. But nope, we're going to dump a ton of money into this antiquated system. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

This narrative about "stealing the election" is so troubling and something that is getting bigger and bigger in right wing parties even outside of the US. It really worries me, because it undermines the foundation of democracy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 13

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic