IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Election Day Discussion

fraurosena

Faux seems bullish on a Biden victory. They apparently just called NE2 for Biden. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

A message from the (hopefully not for much longer) President: 

The Poles are closed! 799C8077-B8B6-4D70-8D27-1ED1D3C8277D.jpeg.521d01b218bc02718eace45c6cf05e6b.jpeg

Spoiler

EDAF5426-7BC3-4A8D-8D1D-39F1FF3FCD93.jpeg.41fb711bf34c96298c2e2f78c5902b73.jpeg

Spoiler

16A6BFEF-DD60-4D20-9D7D-17AFD1486FDB.jpeg.2a835e89c0cacb092fbbd34d213794d1.jpeg

• Haha 13
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Just to be clear for all of the non-Americans - the US Government isn't making these calls. These "calls" are being made by media companies, who all have interns and reporters and analysts fighting to be the first to report returns from each district. Each state has their own election commission who certifies the vote and assigns electoral voters. The actual electoral college doesn't vote until January 6. 

So in a few days there will be recounts on close races, there will be lawsuits, and no one will really win. Except the people who are making money on all of this. 

We could so be using this time to figure out something like education or health care. But nope, we're going to dump a ton of money into this antiquated system. 

If it helps at all, the media does the exact same thing at our elections. I was working at the most recent election as a vote counter and literally heard who won while I was sitting there counting votes that obviously hadn’t been recorded yet.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, ophelia said:

This narrative about "stealing the election" is so troubling and something that is getting bigger and bigger in right wing parties even outside of the US. It really worries me, because it undermines the foundation of democracy.

Everything about trump undermines the foundation of democracy

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 22

Intellectually, I knew we might not know tonight, but I'm just so fucking appalled that we don't. How could ANYONE vote for the Orange Menace? Just, how is this even CLOSE?

• I Agree 33

Goodnight all. If Faux news is nervous, I have some hope. I'll take that ray of hope and try to get some sleep. This thing isn't going to be over even when it's called.

It was nice to have my like-minded peeps to hang out with, given that Covid is keeping me from my IRL tribe.

Off to dream blue.

• Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Everything about trump undermines the foundation of democracy

Absolutely. No doubt about that. Yet he was elected democratically what makes it even more important to realize how fragile a democracy can be and that it needs to be defended by its citizens.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Absolutely. No doubt about that. Yet he was elected democratically what makes it even more important to realize how fragile a democracy can be and that it needs to be defended by its citizens.

The fact that that statement is factual, yet arguable is why we need to rid ourselves of the electoral college. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Intellectually, I knew we might not know tonight, but I'm just so fucking appalled that we don't. How could ANYONE vote for the Orange Menace? Just, how is this even CLOSE?

I know. Even if Biden wins I will be deeply shaken by not only how much of our country is willing to look past rape, blatant racism and sexism, and callousness in face of hundreds of thousands of people, but also how unconcerned they are at how close we've come to authoritarianism. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 21

Does it seem to anyone else that Velveeta Voldemort is scared to come out because he's behind? 

• Upvote 5

Canadian checking in... I’ve just now finally caught up reading all 16 pages of this thread. I’ve felt sick to my stomach all day and finally threw up for real this evening after some of the reports were projecting a Trump win where they hadn’t before. Only realized at that point that the upset stomach was actually election related.

I have never been so ill over one of our own elections. And we don’t have term limits. Even with such limits though 4 more years would be 8 years too long. I can’t believe it’s close at all. I really hope there is good news to come tomorrow and the days ahead.

I remember sitting up until the election was called for Obama in 2008, and telling my fetus how glad I was that they would be born when such a person was President. I know I’m not alone but Gods I miss that man in office.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 9

3 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

Does it seem to anyone else that Velveeta Voldemort is scared to come out because he's behind? 

He's lying his ass off as usual and laying the groundwork for an illegitimate vote shenanigan. 

It's not at all clear you've won Georgia you fucking toddler. 

CNN needs to cut his fucking mic. He's lying and stirring serious, dangerous shit. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • Love 3

I just woke up and I had a small hope that it was a bit more leaning towards Biden. Our news is still optimistic but does that make sense? If I see the current standings of the states that are not called yet I am getting quite nervous....

Is there still a UScitizen awake to enlighten me?

• Upvote 5

There's still a pretty decent chance that Biden wins. My math still says a Biden win, but if the polls are wrong, all bets are off. There's also a chance that Trump wins. Either way, it's not looking good for the senate, which almost matters more. 

This is for you @CarrotCake

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

He's lying his ass off as usual and laying the groundwork for an illegitimate vote shenanigan. 

It's not at all clear you've won Georgia you fucking toddler. 

CNN needs to cut his fucking mic. He's lying and stirring serious, dangerous shit. 

NBC cut him off because he was lying. 

4 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I just woke up and I had a small hope that it was a bit more leaning towards Biden. Our news is still optimistic but does that make sense? If I see the current standings of the states that are not called yet I am getting quite nervous....

Is there still a UScitizen awake to enlighten me?

Mail in ballots haven't been counted in several key states. As far as senate goes, there's some very disappointing results but it's still not over. We may not know for a few days what it really looks like. 

• Upvote 10

7 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

Mail in ballots haven't been counted in several key states. As far as senate goes, there's some very disappointing results but it's still not over. We may not know for a few days what it really looks like. 

And they are coming more from Democrats right? So does that mean that some states that now lean red will still turn blue? 

• Upvote 2

I'm eating cake and cursing at Trump's ridiculous speech from the White House. :angry-cussingblack:

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

If you look at specific counties that have around or less than 60% votes counted in Michigan, Georgia, Wisconsin, it's clear that Biden is still in this. There are a lot of votes to count in Atlanta, Detroit, Lansing, and Milwaukee. Those are all very democratic areas. Nevada is leaning toward Biden. Arizona is likely going to Biden. And Omaha Nebraska awarded on electoral vote to Biden, and said it's now "Jomaha" which was silly, but made me laugh. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

9 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

And they are coming more from Democrats right? So does that mean that some states that now lean red will still turn blue? 

Correct. A lot of the outstanding ballots are from blue areas. There's still hope. 

I can't believe what I just heard from him in the White House. That shit is going to get people killed. That's not hyperbole, that's my legitimate fear. The dog whistle to his followers could well cause violence. 

How could anyone have possibly voted for this fucking clown?

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

Pennsylvania is also still very much a possibility for Biden. Philadelphia has less than 50% counted, and it leans pretty strongly Biden.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Yes, generally mail in ballots lean democrat. He's also pissed off the military, which accounts for some more mail in ballots that tend to red usually. We'll see how that part goes. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm eating cake and cursing at Trump's ridiculous speech from the White House. :angry-cussingblack:

Please don’t eat me 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic