IGNORED

Quints + whatever God brings

gustava

It is not rare for women who had done an hyperovulation protocol, usually for IVF treatment to naturally give birth to multiple years later of doing such treatment. Once you have done one of those, your whole follicular physiology changes.

Not sharing an embryonic set doesn't mean they are not identical. A lot of identical twins have different sacs.

Looking at the pictures, they look pretty damn identical.

I know, but the only way to know 100% that any twins are identical is opposite sex twins (obviously) or DNA testing. The way it was phrased on Wiki, calling the two girls identical twins, is usually how moms of multiples refer to a set of identicals within a larger set of fraternals. Like quads where two are identical to each other, and the other two are fraternal.

As for Clomid, we did the infertility thing and my RE told us that Clomid increases the chances of having multiples. Didn't work for me, only ever released 1 egg per Clomid cycle, despite PCOS and Clomid/Metformin. But I know lots and lots of ladies who released 2, 3 or 4 eggs on Clomid. And my understanding of PCOS is that there are tons of follicles produced each cycle, but they don't all have mature eggs and get released. For me at least, I would always have like 10+ follicles and end up with none pulling ahead to mature. Stupid stinkers.

Why would she use infertility drugs when she obviously has no issues with fertility? (4 kids in 6 years, right?) What am I not understanding here? Did a doctor prescribe them? I thought after Octomom, doctors were getting really careful about this.

Clomid (for reasons that no one fully understands) is more likely to produce hyperovulation in women who have PCOS.

That is true, but I didn't read if she had PCOS or not. Though I've rarely heard of clomid producing more than twins, but it's certainly possible. Just a little surprised it would produce quints. And apologies, I've only heard of metformin as a diabetic drug. Didn't know it was also used for PCOS.

To Stephanie, she may have been using the drugs to get pregnant the first time. Of course, the idea sort of takes away from the whole "God decides" mentality.

Yeah, I don't understand why you wouldn't just tell the truth instead of insisting you did not use fertility drugs. If you want babies and have trouble conceiving or carrying to term, there's no shame in using technology to help you. I've been on clomid myself (unfortunately, it didn't work for me). And what a wonderful opportunity it would be for them to give inspiration to struggling couples. To let them know that all hope isn't lost and that science, in all it's glory, might be able to help you. I guess I just don't understand the point of telling falsehoods when they did nothing wrong.

Because she already had four children, and people are understandably curious about how she and her husband plan to support a total of nine. If she claims the quintuplets were conceived naturally, maybe she thinks she could avoid a backlash. Call it the Octomom effect.

It's not really anyone else's business, how they plan to support them. I am assuming most people don't intentionally have more children than they can afford.

At least they will not put the kids on a TLC show. Call that the Gosselin effect. :)

I know, but the only way to know 100% that any twins are identical is opposite sex twins (obviously) or DNA testing. The way it was phrased on Wiki, calling the two girls identical twins, is usually how moms of multiples refer to a set of identicals within a larger set of fraternals. Like quads where two are identical to each other, and the other two are fraternal.

This really isn't particularly relevant because it's so rare (I just find this stuff interesting), but there have been a few cases of male-female identical twins. It can happen when one has some kind of mutation, like Turner's syndrome. It's also theorized that "half-identical" twins may exist (the egg splits before fertilization, or the polar body is fertilized as well, so they're identical on the mother's side but not the father's). I don't know how common that would be, but maybe it would explain the fraternal twins who still seem to look a whole lot more alike than normal siblings.

With the Dionnes, from what I understand what they mean is that the two sets of "identical twins" separated from each other later than the others, which is why they shared an embryonic sac and were "more identical" to each other than to the other three. I've never seen any dispute that all five were identical, though.

I read up on the Dionnes a lot as a kid. It's such an incredibly sad story, and it's sad to think that by the time they were my age there were only four of them.

Twins run in my own family (my great-grandmother, a twin herself, had two sets, one of which included my maternal grandmother, and my maternal grandfather had a set of twin siblings as well), so when my parents had twins we all just assumed they were fraternal. The DNA results came back a few weeks later and it turned out they're identical, which of course is completely random. Go figure.

I know several people with clomid multiples. I think it happens a lot more than the statistics claim. One intentionally took clomid to conceive multiples and got triplets the first round.

Most of the studies to determine risk were done on women who were taking it because they were having real fertility issues. No one has really done a study on "already fertile but extremely stupid women who buy clomid on the internet".

It's not really anyone else's business, how they plan to support them. I am assuming most people don't intentionally have more children than they can afford.

Is that true? Now, when abortion is available, condoms are available, pills are available... how come so many people end up with more kids than they can afford without help? *snip, whatever... (They already had four of them. She took some fertility accelerator, not by accident, now they have five more of them. It wasn't an accident. That was a long procedure, and the result is the result of a long string of choices that 2 adults made.)

It is not rare for women who had done an hyperovulation protocol, usually for IVF treatment to naturally give birth to multiple years later of doing such treatment. Once you have done one of those, your whole follicular physiology changes.

I wonder if that explains the McCaughy septuplets.They conceieved only one on the first pregnancy,vs 7 on the second,using the same round of meds.

It is our business how many kids a person has because from my understanding arent preemies are put on Medicaid? The Gosselins cost the star of PA a pretty penny. I wouldn't want innocent babies to suffer but people should use better judgement. Furthermore the Gosselins, Octomom and this couple already had children. I never got desperate enough for fertility treatment myself though I don't judge. I think women like this couple have a baby addition and need to fill it no matter the possible cost

I didn't even have the courage to say that as long as taxpayer money is involved and it's a one way street, yes, people have a say. People are not cash machines that owe these people to pay for their food and bills while pretending they like it and not say a thing.

I didn't even have the courage to say that as long as taxpayer money is involved and it's a one way street, yes, people have a say. People are not cash machines that owe these people to pay for their food and bills while pretending they like it and not say a thing.

That's ridiculous. By that same reasoning my tax dollars shouldn't be used to put out a wild fire that's raging in a canyon where people live,because hey, trees burn, they should of known better.

You are taking a third hand friend of a friend rumor to "prove" that she was on fertility treatments in the first place and then also deciding that somehow she shouldn't have because these low level fertility drugs have an extremely small risk of resulting in quintuplets, so she shouldn't of had them because taxpayers.

Oh prepare to be blocked mrs2004 :lol:

When you disagree with Walnut's err opinions you are a 'stalker'

But yes the whole point of taxpayer money is to ensure that the minors do not suffer from their parents maybe questionable decisions a point that really no decent person questions.

I'm not for having more kids than you can afford,but the plus side is that they most likely will grow up to become productive citizens and taxpayers,therefore contributing back to society.

Trust me walnut, I know how you feel. It burns my ass when people intentionally have more kids than they can afford and its left up to the tax payers to provide medical care, food, shelter, clothing, etc. I hate having to support someone's dumb decision making skills, especially since I've tried my hardest my entire life to make responsible decisions. However, I'm also not going to stand by and watch a child suffer because of their idiot parents. The child did not get the choice to be brought into this world or who their parents would be, so they should not be punished for any of it. Instead of complaining about having to support those children, we should instead spend that time teaching those children to be better decision makers than their parents.

The only people who really annoy me are the ones like Kristina and her husband who are all "The government is EVIL!!!! Government programs are EVIL!!!! God will provide for us." and then they go on a ton of government programs. I'm glad they use them but I want them to just shut the fuck up and realize that without all the ebil government programs their children would starve and have no medical care.

Have my like, Childless. I know what you're saying. And no, it's not the children that annoy me, they have it pretty bad already, and whether or not she took any fertility meds... five or nine, either number between was too many for them already.

I just hope that whatever these parents cash in, spend on their children (quality food, books, field trips, tutoring, hobbies)... and not on inappropriate and selfish things. Still, the parents grind my gears... jus murmurandi...

The only people who really annoy me are the ones like Kristina and her husband who are all "The government is EVIL!!!! Government programs are EVIL!!!! God will provide for us." and then they go on a ton of government programs. I'm glad they use them but I want them to just shut the fuck up and realize that without all the ebil government programs their children would starve and have no medical care.

Thank heavens I don't know which blogger or pastor's wife is Kristina... and even though I freakin hate their attitude - not contributing to society in general - I hope they don't die instead of going to the ER.

I don't have a problem with someone getting more assistance than I do - may we never ever need any, I rather pay in vain! - my problem is when someone or some people willingly refuse to think and act responsibly like adult people, bear the consequences, and take without giving back to society. Anyone can get into a bad situation, they deserve every cent of help they receive. (But I still would like to have the right to be pissed at people who never paid a penny, never consider how much financial burden they can take and the welfare program is a one way street in their case.)

From the Huffpo article:

Deon Derrico said the couple conceived without fertility drugs. But they have gone through four miscarriages, and Evonne Derrico had been prescribed hormones to help maintain the pregnancy to term, Deon Derrico said.

From the Huffpo article:

Wasn't Kelly Bates on hormones to maintain her last few pregnancies?

On the topic of the Derricos, I agree with others who are annoyed by people who have more kids than they can afford.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying I think they have more kids than they can afford. Unless they are independently wealthy, the food, diapers and clothing for 9 kids will break the average middle class family. Of course they are receiving assistance. It's silly to think otherwise. And frankly it's frustrating that they are having babies indiscriminately while I'm controlling my family size due to finances and resources.

But hey, love will sustain them! And Jesus!

There are plenty of people who have one or two kids and, at some point, need SNAP or Medical Assistance. Or they need it for a little while when the kids are little, then get off of it.

The husband works, at least. He is a property manager (whatever that is) and I have no idea how much money he earns. He could well earn over 100K. He probably has health insurance and they have hand-me-downs for the quints from the older four. If they live frugally, they can do it. The Dilleys did it with no outside assistance. (Although they only had six). They lived in a three bedroom home with one bathroom, but they did it.

It is our business how many kids a person has because from my understanding arent preemies are put on Medicaid? The Gosselins cost the star of PA a pretty penny. I wouldn't want innocent babies to suffer but people should use better judgement. Furthermore the Gosselins, Octomom and this couple already had children. I never got desperate enough for fertility treatment myself though I don't judge. I think women like this couple have a baby addition and need to fill it no matter the possible cost

It wouldn't matter even if the preemies were on Medicaid. Medicaid is there to help children and they all deserve it regardless of how they got here. I don't like this attitude that we're suddenly allowed to judge people as soon as they start getting a benefit from living in a decent society. This is the kind of attitude that leads to children starving because their parents are afraid to face the scrutiny that would happen if they used the public benefits that exist precisely to make sure children have food.