IGNORED

Quints + whatever God brings

gustava

Well as Walnut thinks I'm stalking her (read what educated people call disagree) I thought I would.

It was my pleasure to hold my back for all the people that said the same thing as I, yet weren't practically hunted down for their opinions.

No people offered their opinion and others disagreed. This is called debate. It is not about winning.

Hey I'm sure those who agreed with her/him will be pleased with the association of some of her/his recent gems. Thankfully one swallow a summer does not make and this particular thread and welfare always brings out dissenting views but for your viewing pleasure ..

Walnute wrote

2 things: I hate being a burden, and if I turn out to have an incurable disease, I'm going to off myself before losing my mind once on other people. Some mental illnesses are downright dangerous. They can threaten people's lives and ruin about 5 people's lives in average. No, I am not THAT selfish.

Also, I'm not going to expose myself, my partner or my children to a burden like that. That's what nursing homes are for, we are not going to be living in the shade of danger or be exposed to tantrums or constant mockery.

Sounds cruel? I'm going to have a family in less than 2 years. I want to have a happy life with them and I am not going to allow anyone in our family - including myself - to be exposed to dangerous or horrid illnesses. I'm not cut out to be putting up with that. No. They don't know what they are doing and they ruin families financially, emotionally, mentally, and of course, cannot be held responsible. What I have heard from other people is enough for me.

This in response to somebody asking advice about their mentally ill Mother.

Walnut wrote

This... cracked me up. Baby sites also shamelessly call these sh- and q-loaded names ghetto names... I wonder where these names come from. Some are just a bastardized version of decent names (DaJarvis). Some, like... Shantaniqua?! The heck does it mean? The hell it comes from? Bonquisha?! Lord... LaQuenda? Is this supposed to be a mix of French and Hispanic?

Another thing, people in Mexico name their sons Jesus like it was a name like David or Daniel. Their name their kids Jesus.

From a thread about black people naming their kids. It just got worse after that.

Anyway I could go on but that's some recent gems of wisdom. I'm a lazy stalker.

To answer the query earlier of course everybody is entitled to an opinion, just not everybody will share it. I stopped crying it's MY OPINION so it can't be wrong when I was about 14.

I'm beginning to think the blocking thing is a good idea but I'm a sucker for watching how immaturity and ignorance play out on the internet where people feel so powerful.

So whilst having differing opinions and learning from them is good which FJ can do well. Trying to be 'right' and continually posting in that manner whilst quite amusing is not really debate. It's a child having a tantrum. The comment directed at bananacat is just too pathetic to even mention right? :lol:

Any way carry on. Sorry for the derail.

Faithfully. OkToStalkei :D

Spain's full of people called Jesus (pronounced Hayzus), as well as Angel (pronounced Anhel). No one bats an eyelid: it isn't even an issue?

Newsflash: this is because they're you know, names . . . .

Oh lord, I can't believe it . . . . how ignorant can you get?

No don't be silly. But you should have used birth control FOR FUCK SAKE :lol:

I think one difference between say smoking or being obese is you are not bringing CHILDREN who have no say into the matter into the mix. That is what tends to get people's backs up about having more children than you can reasonably afford and take care of responsibly.

When the Gosselin sextuplets were about 1 they were losing their state paid for nurse. Now remember the Gosselin's were exceptionally fortunate and none of those babies had any disabilities, whatsoever. They had a huge outpouring of support from the community with volunteers and donations.

Here are some quotes from Kate during the hearing to extend the nurse for another year

society had a responsibility to help with the children, since modern medicine promotes the use of fertility drugs, which can lead to multiple births

“It's me with eight children, which is not fair.”

I can't find it right now and I am getting ready to take a couple dogs to the vet, but she wrote a letter to the Gov or maybe Lt. Gov asking for him to intercede during the appeal and in that letter she says something like (I'm paraphrasing here) the children are all essentially disabled because they can't get up and get a drink for themselves when they want/need one, so therefore she needs to have the nurse for another year.

I'll find the exact quote when I get back from the vet.

The Gosselin's are a good example of people not being able (or ready) to take care of children either financially (they already were having problems when they just had the twins) or with resources like enough time for each child.

I think *that* is what is making people upset. If you have 4 kids and you already don't have the resources to take care of all of them properly (be that time, money, proper housing etc) then you shouldn't be having more kids. They are innocent victims and you are the adult that is supposed to be thinking things through and making the wise decisions about the future of the little people you bring into the world.

Edit to add: This was going to make more sense in my head, but I ran out of time when looking for that quote and now my husband is eyeing the cord on my computer ;)

Spain's full of people called Jesus (pronounced Hayzus), as well as Angel (pronounced Anhel). No one bats an eyelid: it isn't even an issue?

Newsflash: this is because they're you know, names . . . .

Oh lord, I can't believe it . . . . how ignorant can you get?

Both Jesus and Angel are extremely popular boys names in California as well.

I actually know someone who knows these people. She took Clomid and Metformin.

As someone who has gone through infertility, I found it very hard to believe the "no drugs" claim. Especially if she had 4 pervious losses. She would have most likely be givin something to help ovulation, progesterone after ovulation, and would of been monitored by a dr. Maybe in her mind if it wasn't iui/ivf it wasn't treatment?! I've seen people who think that way.

This isn't the quote I was looking for. I guess I am going to have to contact someone with a copy of the Hoffman book and have them send me the letter, as I can't find it online.

These are some more quotes from the time of the hearing regarding the baby nurse, though:

"I am urging them to see us as a rare situation, which we are," she said. "And I am begging them to make a special exception. They are six individuals. One mom cannot take care of them.

"I might be able to meet their physical needs, but not the emotional needs. It is very difficult. I'm talking about time to talk about feelings, read books and the absolute bare necessities to get done. I cannot do it five days a week."

A quote from one of the articles:

The Gosselins called the day after my telephone interview with Kate. They asked to preview this column before publication. My editor declined their request. Kate then said she wanted to retract everything -- even though she admitted all of it was true.

"People are out to make us look bad," she said.

I was wrong before and it was a letter to Senator Mike O'Pake, not the Govenor that she wrote to regarding the appeal, apparently.

You can fine much of the information and several links in one handy post here: http://www.lipstickalley.com/f46/jon-ka ... ost2458383

• 6 years later...
24 minutes ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

Not surprised they are getting a show. TLC is obsessed with high order multiplefamilies. Hopefully this show doesn’t tear this family apart like so many reality shows. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• 2 months later...

Thread Bump!

I was searching to see if we had a Derrico thread and found this thread that predates my time here.  (also found "Steve" at the top of this page and now I miss OKTBT).

The Derrico's now have a show on TLC.  They've since added a set of what they call Triplins (she gave birth to triplets, one died very shortly after birth leaving surviving twins) & last year a set of Triplets.

On last night's show they hit the era of Covid/quarantine when production shut down and they filmed themselves.  One of the infants born in 2019 (birth featured early in the season) who had to have two heart surgeries and spent a lot of time in the hospital got sick back in June.  She was taken to the hospital.  Hospital tested her for Covid as is routine - Dawsyn came back positive.  All four adults (Karen, Deon, Deon's mother who got stuck in Vegas due to shut down and was staying with them and friend/helper Eric) were tested.  GG (Deon's mother) and Deon both became ill.  Some of the quints may have had it (not test) because they had an overnight fever.  All four adults later came back as positive in their test.

• Upvote 1

Very Christian.  They were shown to attend a Missionary Baptist Church in Las Vegas.  (Not IFB - this is a Black Church)