IGNORED

Trump 49: The Firehose of Fucknuttery—Now With Covid

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yeah, Twitler is going to win CA. Not.

Forrest fires? Is that Gump? Tucker (always a favorite one to spoonerize in my errant youth)?

• Upvote 6

Damn, he’s tweeting more than usual now...this must be the ‘work’ he was itching to get back to...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Forrest fires? Is that Gump? Tucker (always a favorite one to spoonerize in my errant youth)?

Dumb fuckmuppets is as dumb fuckmuppets does.

• Upvote 7

It's possible that Covid was passed along to Gold Star families.  

Spoiler

“On the same day President Trump acknowledged contracting the coronavirus, the White House quietly informed a veterans group that there was a COVID-19 risk stemming from a Sept. 27 event honoring the families of fallen U.S. service members, the head of that charitable organization told The Daily Beast. The White House warning, which came on Oct. 2, is the earliest known outreach to visitors of the complex that there was a risk of coronavirus emerging from the grounds where the president, the first lady, and at least 17 of his aides, according to Politico, have now tested positive for the virus,” The Daily Beast reported Wednesday.

Here's a pic of the event.  Why can Trump never sit like a normal, adult human being?  He always acts like a fidgety toddler.  It makes me believe the rumors of Adderall use.  And look at his make-up line!  He's got to be applying that himself.  No sane make-up person would stop two inches from the hair line.

675770891_Screenshot(1780).png.cb051cff82952e9869c1aec9b39c8ec1.png

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, Xan said:

Reveal hidden contents

“On the same day President Trump acknowledged contracting the coronavirus, the White House quietly informed a veterans group that there was a COVID-19 risk stemming from a Sept. 27 event honoring the families of fallen U.S. service members, the head of that charitable organization told The Daily Beast. The White House warning, which came on Oct. 2, is the earliest known outreach to visitors of the complex that there was a risk of coronavirus emerging from the grounds where the president, the first lady, and at least 17 of his aides, according to Politico, have now tested positive for the virus,” The Daily Beast reported Wednesday.

Here's a pic of the event.  Why can Trump never sit like a normal, adult human being?  He always acts like a fidgety toddler.  It makes me believe the rumors of Adderall use.  And look at his make-up line!  He's got to be applying that himself.  No sane make-up person would stop two inches from the hair line.

Trump looks like he's sitting on a toilet.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8

48 minutes ago, Xan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah it's too much trouble for the golden fuck nugget to act like a normal adult human being instead of a drug crazed orange sack of shit.

• Upvote 7

Hail to the chief has been officially replaced

• Upvote 4

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/politics/trump-oval-office-coronavirus/index.html

Now he is talking up the Regeneron treatment, saying he will work to get it to everyone at no cost - meaning the Feds will purchase it. Somebody please find out who is invested in Regeneron, there has to be a money connection for Trump.

He also says getting Covid was a blessing from God, presumably so he could identify this miracle cure. I am sure the families of all the Covid dead feel like it is a great blessing. ?

• WTF 13

7 minutes ago, Becky said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/politics/trump-oval-office-coronavirus/index.html

Now he is talking up the Regeneron treatment, saying he will work to get it to everyone at no cost - meaning the Feds will purchase it. Somebody please find out who is invested in Regeneron, there has to be a money connection for Trump.

He also says getting Covid was a blessing from God, presumably so he could identify this miracle cure. I am sure the families of all the Covid dead feel like it is a great blessing. ?

So in 2017, Trump reported in his financial disclosure that he had investments in both Regeneron and Gilead, the company that makes remdesivir. In 2020, neither were on his financial disclosure.  

He may have sold them and everything is kosher. 

He may also be concealing these investments because he’s profiting from COVID.

Only way to know is to see his tax returns. ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/05/investing/trump-regeneron/index.html

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, Becky said:

He also says getting Covid was a blessing from God...

(I acknowledge that I am being judgmental in a way that I don't like myself for, and I generally try not to be).

He made this statement to play to his base.

And it makes me very angry. While I am an FJ-er since Yuku days, and I have had times that I posted a fair amount, I have not been posting much for quite a while. Maybe at some future time I will tell more of the story - but here is the short version:

Our adult daughter who lives with us works in a food plant. She had a co-worker (actually several, but one co-worker she works closely with) who came to work sick with Covid. Our daughter got it from the co-worker (hindsight) and had a minor illness over just a couple of days. Her dx was confirmed after the fact by antibody testing; her original Covid test had already turned negative by the time Covid was suspected.

Husband and I both became ill. I was sick enough to miss four weeks of work, to feel awful, but did not require hospitalization.

Husband was hospitalized, on a ventilator 3-1/2 weeks, in ICU 42 days, total hospitalization almost 2 months. He has been home for a while now. He has permanent complete blindness in one eye - Covid-related abnormal clotting allowed a clot to go to his brain stopping blood supply to the retina of one eye. While on the ventilator his face swelled so much that he lost a bunch of facial skin as deep as third degree burns, leaving his face scarred, some of the scarring interfering functionally, not just appearance-wise. He almost died twice while on the vent. He lost 55 pounds. He will continue to have medical needs for a good while.

I could not see him for most of the hospital stay, not until his Covid test turned negative. We missed being together on our 43rd wedding anniversary.

I guess that is the main part of the story.

Covid is not a blessing, period, much less a "blessing from God". BTW I self-identify as a Christian. But that statement infuriates me.

• Love 33

I am so sorry for your experience, @apple1. The insensitivity and callousness of Trump and his administration knows no bounds. 
Love and light to you and Mr. Apple1. I wish him healing. :group-hug:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 6

I‘m so sorry [mention]apple1 [/mention] [emoji20] I wish your husband the best and hope he gets better soon.
The thing that a lot of people don‘t seem to realize is 45 doesn‘t care. It’s not incompetence. All he wants is to profit off of this presidency and he kills for this. He plays to his base to create as much chaos as possible after the election. He likes the Proud Boys, because he wants to use them as his militia? Everything is possible.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, apple1 said:

Husband and I both became ill. I was sick enough to miss four weeks of work, to feel awful, but did not require hospitalization.

I'm so sorry to hear that you and your loved ones were affected so badly,  @apple1.  I hope mr. apple will get well as soon as possible and that the longterm effects be limited to the (sadly awful) ones he has now. I wish you both all the strength and stamina you need to cope. :hug:

I hate this disease. It's pervasive and intrusive and so much more impactful in the longterm than many people realise. But what I hate most of all is the politicisation by the right wing politicians all over the world. They are exacerbating this pandemic, they are playing with people's lives and making a (political and/or financial) profit off of it. :angry-teeth:

1 hour ago, Smash! said:

He likes the Proud Boys, because he wants to use them as his militia? Everything is possible.

Have you noticed that the gay community is taking ownership of the hashtag #ProudBoys on social media? 

Of course the Proud Boys were upset. So they decided to call themselves #leathermen. Which just goes to show how utterly clueless they are.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 7
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, apple1 said:

(I acknowledge that I am being judgmental in a way that I don't like myself for, and I generally try not to be).

He made this statement to play to his base.

And it makes me very angry. While I am an FJ-er since Yuku days, and I have had times that I posted a fair amount, I have not been posting much for quite a while. Maybe at some future time I will tell more of the story - but here is the short version:

Our adult daughter who lives with us works in a food plant. She had a co-worker (actually several, but one co-worker she works closely with) who came to work sick with Covid. Our daughter got it from the co-worker (hindsight) and had a minor illness over just a couple of days. Her dx was confirmed after the fact by antibody testing; her original Covid test had already turned negative by the time Covid was suspected.

Husband was hospitalized, on a ventilator 3-1/2 weeks, in ICU 42 days, total hospitalization almost 2 months. He has been home for a while now. He has permanent complete blindness in one eye - Covid-related abnormal clotting allowed a clot to go to his brain stopping blood supply to the retina of one eye. While on the ventilator his face swelled so much that he lost a bunch of facial skin as deep as third degree burns, leaving his face scarred, some of the scarring interfering functionally, not just appearance-wise. He almost died twice while on the vent. He lost 55 pounds. He will continue to have medical needs for a good while.

I could not see him for most of the hospital stay, not until his Covid test turned negative. We missed being together on our 43rd wedding anniversary.

I guess that is the main part of the story.

Covid is not a blessing, period, much less a "blessing from God". BTW I self-identify as a Christian. But that statement infuriates me.

I am so very sorry. 

No, its not a blessing, its a virus. And it not only kills but the lasting effects can be awful and there is still much we don't know. The only blessing from God will be him losing this election and going away permanently. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 10/5/2020 at 4:35 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

In theory (not sure if this will be a popular opinion or not), I'm OKAY that a President of the United States gets access to hospital and treatment that the majority of Americans wouldn't have access to. Because they are the leader of our country and it does create a crisis of the POTUS isn't in good health.

I'd be OK with it - except that this particular president and all his fellow Republicans seem to be doing their level best to make sure that no one else in this country ever has access to government funded health care. Or any health care, unless they're wealthy or lucky. Yet another "do as I say, which is the opposite of what I do".

On 10/5/2020 at 11:39 PM, thoughtful said:

I would love to see Trump get out of control in front of his fan base and tell them what he really thinks of them. Maybe he'd lose a few of them then.

I'd be fine with him getting in front of his fans and actually telling the truth for once. I could see him saying all sorts of racist, terrible things, and frankly I'd be totallly happy with that - it would make it impossible for Republican politicians with actual brains and consciences to spin his dog whistles. His supporters would have to out themselves as the racists so many of them are, or grow a pair and speak out against him.

On 10/6/2020 at 3:27 AM, Smee said:

I said to my husband last night that I don’t care what happens to him as long as he survives until after the election. Once he’s been voted out Pence can have a couple of months or whatever, I don’t care, but please Rufus let the election go ahead without any last minute need to change the ballot or delay the vote etc

So much this. He must survive until election day, at all costs. I don't care if they weekend-at-Bernie's his orange butt, just don't let him officially be dead until after the election.

Cockroaches are pretty hard to kill, though. I suspect he'll survive anyway.

I do suspect he's likely sicker than he wanted to admit, but since 90% of his "work" is just posting on twitter and watching TV AND the White House has everything medical short of an ICU, it'd be easy for the administration to pretend nothing's wrong, he's just quarantining and that's why he's not golfing. See, his account is still sending tweets!

Oooh, new conspiracy theory-style speculation just popped into my head: maybe the three days in the hospital was just long enough for more specialized ICU style equipment to be installed in the White House?

On 10/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, 47of74 said:

Yeah where are the reich to life folks who would be having shit fits if this was used to save the life of a non white male?

Is there a link proving this? I'd love to share it with the person on Facebook who I was arguing with months ago who proclaimed she'd refuse the Covid vaccine if it had anything to do with fetal cells. Because she's "pro-life". 

22 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I'm definitively not voting for him, but the R running for Governor in NC is named Dan Forest. The one thing I like about him is that he's made the most of it - he's got little yard signs that say "Run" followed by one saying "Forest" then another saying "Run", and THEN the real yard sign with his full name and "for Governor" or whatever.

So props to his promotion people. Not voting for him though.

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Of course the Proud Boys were upset. So they decided to call themselves #leathermen. Which just goes to show how utterly clueless they are.

Wait, what? Is that real?

I've not seen anything so clueless and out of touch since "Teabaggers".

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Is there a link proving this? I'd love to share it with the person on Facebook who I was arguing with months ago who proclaimed she'd refuse the Covid vaccine if it had anything to do with fetal cells. Because she's "pro-life".

Ok it looks like the antibodies themselves were not produced from fetal cells.  BUT Regeneron developed the treatment with help from a line of fetal cells from a fetus aborted in 1972.

Did Regeneron use aborted fetal cells to make the monoclonal antibodies that Trump received?  

No. Although the monoclonal antibodies infused into Trump were not made from or in fetal cells, Regeneron did develop that treatment with the help of a long-lived line of cells established from the kidneys of a fetus electively aborted in the Netherlands around 1972. The company relied on those widely used cells, known HEK-293 cells, to make mimics of the coronavirus spike protein. Researchers used these proteins to test the potency of antibodies found in COVID-19 patients or made in mice with a humanlike immune system (see initial question). The antibodies selected for the company’s cocktail, however, were then mass produced in nonfetal cells. The creation of the humanized mice also did not rely on HEK-293 cells or other cells from aborted fetuses or human embryos. Regeneron scientists detail their methods in the supplementary material to this paper published in Science in August.

So Fuck Face is still a goddamn hypocrite as are the other reich to life types out there.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Good grief. Another one, and quite serious too.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Good grief. Another one, and quite serious too.

I  really think it will take a few higher ups dying to make this serious. Poor Herman Cain just didn't cut it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I  really think it will take a few higher ups dying to make this serious. Poor Herman Cain just didn't cut it. 

Trump (and his enablers) will take nothing seriously that does not affect him personally. And even then, it's all about the image of him he's trying to project. Nobody, no matter how high up, will make this serious.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, fraurosena said:

Trump (and his enablers) will take nothing seriously that does not affect him personally. And even then, it's all about the image of him he's trying to project. Nobody, no matter how high up, will make this serious.  

That is what I'm afraid of. Maybe someone in his family? Junior? Ivanka? I don't wish death on anyone but how do you get through to this dolt and his followers? 

• Upvote 6

Just now, libgirl2 said:

That is what I'm afraid of. Maybe someone in his family? Junior? Ivanka? I don't wish death on anyone but how do you get through to this dolt and his followers? 

Sadly, I don't think you can get through to them. If one of his offspring were to fall ill and (Rufus forbid!) were to die, nothing much would change. They would be made a martyr of. Trump would be all woe is me, poor meeee, I've lost my offspring. But hey, now I know what it is to have covid, and beat it, and I know what it is to lose someone. Now I know exactly what you are going through. And it ain't half as bad as the libs make it out to be.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

3 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Sadly, I don't think you can get through to them. If one of his offspring were to fall ill and (Rufus forbid!) were to die, nothing much would change. They would be made a martyr of. Trump would be all woe is me, poor meeee, I've lost my offspring. But hey, now I know what it is to have covid, and beat it, and I know what it is to lose someone. Now I know exactly what you are going through. And it ain't half as bad as the libs make it out to be.

Yea, I don't think anything would make a difference to him and his followers would make that person a martyr. They already deify him. 

• Upvote 9

I think if it was Ivanka it might shake him a bit. She's clearly his favorite. But yeah, they'd become a martyr and have statues up by the end of the year, I think.

If it was Melania he'd be fine, most likely. Maybe even happy about it. Dead wives don't get alimony and he's probably got life insurance on her. Suddenly there would be even less actual work going on, as he immediately started dating a variety of women who all look vaguely like Ivanka.

I don't wish death on anyone. But as long as Trump himself lives until Election Day, after that "it is what it is."

• Upvote 13

6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

how do you get through to this dolt

You don't. I don't think anything would ever turn him away from his frenzy of always thinking he's being cheated by someone, somewhere, and trying to convince himself he's the beloved best boy in the world.

Nobody else's feelings, needs, or even death matter to him. I think losing Ivanka would be hardest on him, but he'd manage to make himself the victim even then.

I want him to live a long life, in prison, where his cravings and tantrums and desires are completely ignored, and his life is a dull, repetitive bore, with no phone, no TV, and guards who either ignore him or quietly say "I'm sorry sir, but you may not have __________ (insert whatever he wants)" and walk on down the corridor. I hope his orange jumpsuit is uncomfortable and moldy-smelling, and his toilet is in public view. 

Oh, and if the Proud Boys changing their names to Leather Men is true (haven't found anything to verify it yet), I will be so happy!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic