IGNORED

Trump 49: The Firehose of Fucknuttery—Now With Covid

GreyhoundFan

I'm reading the story of Trump's joy ride off Yahoo, which has posted the USA today version.

While I don't see the need in rehashing the details from another source, I loved this quote.

Commentator Tom Nichols said he found the move troubling.

"A man with a dangerous and highly contagious disease, who is being treated for that disease with powerful drugs, wanted to be taken for a ride in a car so he could wave to gawking cult followers," said Nichols, author of the book "The Death of Expertise."

He added: "As long as 40 percent of us are this stupid, we're in big trouble as a nation."

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1

One of Fuckmuppet’s quack doctors is upset now 

A doctor notorious for claiming hydroxychloroquine is a "cure" for COVID-19 has denounced White House doctors for not giving President Donald Trump the drug to treat his infection.

Dr. Stella Immanuel, who gained fame in July after Trump retweeted a video showing her touting the malaria drug, expressed outrage in a series of tweets on Friday, condemning the medical decisions of "bozo doctors" who surrounded the president after he tested positive for COVID-19.

"Instead of giving the president of the United States a known safe drug," Immanuel tweeted. "They gave him some experimental antibody stupidness. This is so dumb. Please potus family you guys wake up. Give him HCQ, Zpack & zinc asap."

"Whoever told the president to stop taking HCQ should be punched in the face," she said in an earlier tweet. "This did not have to happened. I am so upset. This is our president for crying out loud. No one need to get sick or pcr positive."

I’m just waiting for the doctor who said bleach killls Covid to start complaining that Fuckmuppet wasn’t treated with that. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 3

Speculation: 

• Guy riding in SUV and waving is Trump's body double
  • Guy riding in the SUV is Trump and he's the most irresponsible person on the planet
  • Guy riding in the SUV is Trump and he doesn't really have COVID

All scenarios are equally plausible. 

• Upvote 13

55 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Human?

I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I didn’t want to insult another being by lumping him in with them. My apologies for lowering the standards of the human race. 

• Upvote 10

I figure Trump decided he had to show people he was still alive.  This has to be something he cooked up along with the help of Ivanka and Jared.  They think all non-Trumps are expendable anyway.

4066461_Screenshot(1738).png.0c8cef4e3f77eb0594b9748c866d44d0.png

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I’m just waiting for the doctor who said bleach killls Covid to start complaining that Fuckmuppet wasn’t treated with that. 

First do no harm. If that doesn’t work  punch them in the face

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Ah Dr. Demon Semen. Just who the world wants in charge of the president’s healthcare. 

• Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

And why isn't he wearing an N95 instead of a cloth mask?

Maybe it's a custom n95, or maybe he's got an n95 filter inside?  Otherwise, stupid stupid...

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Doesn't My Pillow guy have a cure?  Surely he could get some for his buddy Trump.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

From someone who could know:

(She worked in the WH until recently)

• Upvote 12

He was bored. 

:angry-cussingblack:

Rufus help me, but I'd really like to punch him in the face.

• Angry 4
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I am in favour of Trump being treated with all of the quack solutions he has helped promote.

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Ah Dr. Demon Semen. Just who the world wants in charge of the president’s healthcare. 

As long as it's only his healthcare I can live with that. 

To quote Jim Wright from Stonekettle Station - he's entitled to $750 worth of healthcare...

• Upvote 17

Thought you guys might like to know how Trump's antics are being portrayed on the world stage... Headlines in the three main Irish newspapers today are as follows:

Irish Times: "Trump's drive-by visits to supporters shows immense lack of judgement"

Irish Independent: "Donald Trump's tactics backfire as reports about his illness spark fresh credibility crisis"

The Journal: "Donald Trump's car trip to wave to supporters is "insanity", doctor says"

:agree:

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5

Oh dear, it looks like the caps lock on his phone is stuck.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Well he is healthy enough to tweet again. Damn it I was hoping we could get at least a week free of his tweets. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

this is funny because bidens tax plan is very conservative and he hardly plans to raise taxes to begin with. 

• Upvote 9

From a few Dutch news outlets:

- RTL:  Trump waves from car to supporters: irresponsible

- Volkskrant: Trump leaves hospital for reckless tour along supporters

- Het AD: Trump drives 'lap of honor' past supporters, doctor calls it insane

- Infectious Trump makes tour past supporters

- nu.nl: The irresponsibility is mind-boggling

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 8

68500CA1-6FC9-4658-B561-6C0AFC2BD8FE.jpeg.b1d5e13a4a24189741ba8452e3d96612.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 31
  • Love 3

So he is bored? We thought he was doing all this work at the hospital, but I guess not. His idea of work is golfing. I wonder how the press briefing with the doctors will go today? I expect him to be discharged today and would not be surprised if he begins campaigning by this weekend. One thing I did notice is that last video he was less orange than normal. 

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

He was bored. 

:angry-cussingblack:

Rufus help me, but I'd really like to punch him in the face.

And it looks to me like fuckmuppet could barely be bothered to wear the goddamn thing right.

The goddamn fawning reich wing media would have crucified Biden live on TV if he had done something similar. 

I do think in if a Democratic President was in a similar situation he or she would want to actually reassure the public and other countries about their health status and ability to run things but would never do it in a way that endangers others.  And would be honest about their health too with the public even if it's bad news.  They wouldn't go on fucking joy rides around the hospital for ego boosts. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Guess who got his phone back:

image.png.6183f9c63ec4328c42d5c213c42fac27.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

It can happen here.  A conversation with Sarah Kendzior, scholar of authoritarianism and vindicated alarmist  by Anand Giridharadas

@fraurosena, I think you'll find it especially interesting. 

If you are going to read something this year, read this, and then buy Sarah's book, Hiding in Plain Sight.  

I love the phrase "vindicated alarmist." A part of me wants to disagree with Sarah Kendzior, but I can't.  She's been calling all of this insanity since 2015 and earlier, and getting it right every SINGLE time.  She's a student (PhD) of authoritarianism.  When she calls something out, it's after and deep study and very careful research. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic