IGNORED

Trump 49: The Firehose of Fucknuttery—Now With Covid

GreyhoundFan

3 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'd rather watch Geraldo open Al Capone's vault again than Dear Leader vs. The Plague. :martian-disgust:

Hide contents

I actually watched that live! What a big disappointment! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Trump was on Rush Limbaugh's radio show today, and will be on Tucker Carlson's tonight. But no, he can't handle a virtual debate. Not at all.

• Upvote 11

31 minutes ago, mamallama said:

I have often wondered if the "asymptomatic positives" could be people who'd encountered the virus but it hadn't taken hold.  It looks like the kind of virus that you need a big "dose" if you are not immunocompromised.  That's why contact tracing and superspreader events are a thing and fabric masks worked to bring down infections.  If you could pass on virus from unwashed groceries or touch your eyes after touching a door knob moderate restrictions would not have worked.  All the hassidic neighborhoods have been ignoring laws right along but when they all spent full days in services with the entire community all hell broke loose.  

I've seen some articles that mention studies showing that if you are wearing a mask and get it anyway,  you get a milder case of it. So viral load does seem to make a big difference with this virus. It might also affect how kids are able to spread it, even when they may be asymptomatic - kids seem to have more of the virus in their nose and upper respiratory area, while in adults it seems to go deeper into the lungs. So the kids often are less affected by it, but spread it more easily as well. (My paraphrased understanding from an article I read, there.)

That's one of the reasons I put on a mask even if I'm just going through a drive-thru. I'll be within 6 feet of someone who spends all day being within 6 feet of hundreds of other people. Whether they have a mask on or not, I'm wearing mine, just in case. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

Continued here:

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic