IGNORED

Trump 49: The Firehose of Fucknuttery—Now With Covid

GreyhoundFan

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

It can happen here.  A conversation with Sarah Kendzior, scholar of authoritarianism and vindicated alarmist  by Anand Giridharadas

@fraurosena, I think you'll find it especially interesting. 

If you are going to read something this year, read this, and then buy Sarah's book, Hiding in Plain Sight.  

I love the phrase "vindicated alarmist." A part of me wants to disagree with Sarah Kendzior, but I can't.  She's been calling all of this insanity since 2015 and earlier, and getting it right every SINGLE time.  She's a student (PhD) of authoritarianism.  When she calls something out, it's after and deep study and very careful research. 

have you listened to the podcast It Could Happen Here? It’s about the possibility of how the second american civil war could happen and it’s...mildly terrifying to listen to at this point. 

Thanks for sharing this!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Gee, how lovely. /sarcasm

I'm sure other BTs were happy to see the founder of the PBs.

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 7

5 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm sure other BTs were happy to see the founder of the PBs.

When I think it can't get any worse, it gets worse.  What     The      Actual      F**k 

17 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

have you listened to the podcast It Could Happen Here?

I'll check it out! 

Sarah Kendzior has a podcast called Gaslit Nation that's worth a listen. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

From the overstuffed "you couldn't make this shit up" file:

image.png.154361cdfeaafdad2e526f5489799d4e.png

• Disgust 6
  • WTF 12

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Stop the country, I want to get off NOW.  JFC.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

This is obscene.

image.png.bd3ad1bc3f05519114d459c39a8937e3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

I'd love for this to happen:

image.png.f45b456668fc298ab11ef219fad52c5d.png

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 17

45 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'd love for this to happen:

image.png.f45b456668fc298ab11ef219fad52c5d.png

Yeah I saw her remarks on a CNN article just now.  If it was just about anyone else that's exactly what would happen, they'd be getting some nice four point restraints being put on while she calls in a psych consult. 

If the hospital wanted to make some money they'd video tape the fuckmuppet being restrained and getting a psych exam and putting it up on PPV.  Make sure to get a nice set of Presidential four point restraints with the Presidential seal and fuck face logo all over them. 

• Upvote 7

Just to be clear, the White House gift shop is not actually affiliated with the WH.

It’s still gross, but Trump probably isn’t profiting from it.
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 13

How little things change in a century;

The 1918 influenza pandemic killed an estimated 50 to 100 million people worldwide—including some 675,000 Americans—in just 15 months. But Woodrow Wilson’s White House largely ignored the global health crisis, focusing instead on the Great War enveloping Europe and offering “no leadership or guidance of any kind,” as historian John M. Barry, author of The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History, recently told Time’s Melissa August.

In private, the president acknowledged the threat posed by the virus, which struck a number of people in his inner circle, including his personal secretary, his oldest daughter and multiple Secret Service members. Even the White House sheep came down with the flu, reports Michael S. Rosenwald for the Washington Post.

Wilson himself contracted the disease shortly after arriving in Paris in April 1919 for peace talks aimed at determining the direction of a post-World War I Europe. As White House doctor Cary T. Grayson wrote in a letter to a friend, the diagnosis arrived at a decidedly inopportune moment: “The president was suddenly taken violently sick with the influenza at a time when the whole of civilization seemed to be in the balance.”

Then, says biographer A. Scott Berg, the “generally predictable” Wilson started blurting out “unexpected orders”—on two separate occasions, he “created a scene over pieces of furniture that had suddenly disappeared,” despite the fact that nothing had been moved—and exhibiting other signs of severe disorientation. At one point, the president became convinced that he was surrounded by French spies.

The article goes on to say Wilson was never the same afterwards and the hits to his stamina led him to acceding to the French demands instead of putting up more of a fight to keep the German people from getting too badly punished.

And if he was generally predictable God only knows what fuck face will be like now. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

It’s about the possibility of how the second american civil war could happen and it’s...mildly terrifying to listen to at this point. 

I just saw a little news clip that Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes,  (he left Proud Boys in 2018) was curbside for Trump's Corona Caravan yesterday and was cheered by several people.  Trump is "rallying his troops" (Michael Cohen said this in an interview late last week) to disrupt the election, and I don't mean this metaphorically.  Trump has insane amounts of illegal exposure.  He believes he's entitled to limitless power for as long as he wants it.  I truly fear there will be mass shooting(s) somewhere in the US before this is all over, motivated by a Trump call for violence, explicit or coded. 

A guy (motive still unknown) on Oct. 1, 2017, opened fire from high up in a hotel room, and in 10 minutes, killed 60+ people and wounded 400+.  Another 400 were injured in various ways.  Ten. F**king. minutes. 

Really scared for Joe Biden's health and well being; I do not want to see an assassination. 

Edited by Howl
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

Great.  Fuck Nugget is having some roid rage now

Donald Trump is still holed up at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center after his COVID-19 diagnosis at … some unknown point last week, but he’s not letting that stop him from campaign misadventures, from comically staged photos claiming he’s hard at work signing blank pieces of paper to drive-by waving at his supporters that unnecessarily endangered those around him.

This morning, he’s picked his Twitter habit up again for some ALL CAPS tweets about random subjects and voting that have gotten “roid rage” trending, due to news that he’s taking dexamethasone, a drug with possible side effects that sound practically designed to create a Super Trump.

However, as the likelihood of Trump pulling out another win in November diminishes, his tweets may not be making the case for supporting him that he imagines they are. Each tweet simply ends with “VOTE” without specifying who to vote for—like the infinite get out  and with proclamations like “PROTECT PREEXISTING CONDITIONS” (and “BETTER & CHEAPER HEALTHCARE”), he just winds up sounding like he’s campaigning for Biden.

We all know that he’s spent the last four years attacking the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act at every turn, and that while Republicans say they want to replace that law with something that also protects those with preexisting conditions, their strategy has seemed to revolve around the disastrous concept of tearing down as much of the ACA is possible at every opportunity and worrying about what to replace it with later. Right now, in the midst of everything else going on, his own Department of Justice and other Republicans are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to strike down the whole ACA in an upcoming case.

• Upvote 9

Oh I would love to see a fuck nugget intervention 

President Donald Trump’s hospital joyride and his manic Monday-morning tweets aren’t just being panned by political pundits — they’re also reportedly freaking out some in the president’s own family.

According to Vanity Fair’s Gabriel Sherman, the president’s eldest son has been alarmed by his behavior over the past couple of days, in which he’s been desperate to project strength while being hospitalized at Walter Reed Memorial Hostpital.

“Don Jr. has said he wants to stage an intervention, but Jared and Ivanka keep telling Trump how great he’s doing,” one source tells Sherman. “Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy.'”

“They’re all worried,” said one source. “They’ve tried to get him to stop tweeting.”

They should put it on PPV and donate the funds to a LGBTQ cause. Even at five bucks a pop there would be lots of money made. 

I’m guessing if an intervention was staged it would look a lot like this 

Someone asked if there was a sound more annoying than bass from a car stereo.

This individual had the perfect response 

No that was not me. If that’s someone from FJ land it would not surprise me. That is awesome. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

How little things change in a century;

The article goes on to say Wilson was never the same afterwards and the hits to his stamina led him to acceding to the French demands instead of putting up more of a fight to keep the German people from getting too badly punished.

And if he was generally predictable God only knows what fuck face will be like now. 

There are theories that Wilson actually had what my grandfather had - encephalitis lethargica, which was more likely to cause unpredictable brain damage than the flu. I don't think anyone will ever know for sure.

It was characterized by an acute stage, that, if it didn't kill the patient, passed. Some showed issues immediately after, some seemed recovered, but gradually sank into various states of lethargy, catatonia, rage, and just about any other possible symptom, mild or severe, that can be caused by a damaged brain.

I've hated to post too much about it, because people are already so scared, but I think about my grandfather's illness whenever people only talk about the short-term effects of Covid-19, or talk about recovery, immunity, and thinking that it does not affect younger people as badly as older ones.

We really don't know yet.

It makes me appreciate people who are too young to remember anything that affected the entire world like this, or who have never faced major tragedies, who are still willing to face reality and wrangle whatever difficulties it throws at them.

Nobody wants to face a "new normal" that stinks, when they had plans and hopes. But I know it is easier for someone with my personality, history and age than it is for many others.

And nobody will be more thrilled than I will be if Covid-19 disappears without long-term effects, and becomes just a paragraph in the history books, and a warning that something like this can come again any time.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 10

And Vanity Fair had this about fuck nugget's father

There is a long history in the Trump family of denying serious illness. According to a Trump family friend, Trump’s father, Fred Trump Sr., insisted on working even after his Alzheimer’s disease advanced in the 1990s. “To retire is to expire!” Fred Sr. would say. The friend said that as Fred Sr.’s disease worsened––he once came down the stairs wearing three neckties––the family created a system so that Fred could think he was still running the Trump Organization. Every day Fred Sr. would go to the office in Brooklyn and they would give him blank papers to sort through and sign. The phone on Fred’s desk was set up so that it could only dial out to his secretary. “Fred pretended to work,” the family friend said. 

Yeah maybe set up an oval office in one of his properties and hire a bunch of people to be his screaming fans then let fuck face pretend to be President (as if he hasn't been doing that for 4 years now).

• Upvote 9

The Washingtonian for the win

Florida Man Has Coronavirus, DC Government Says

And of course what Florida Man are they talking about?  Why, of course!  The Florida Man in chief!  The fuck muppet!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

16 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I've hated to post too much about it, because people are already so scared, but I think about my grandfather's illness whenever people only talk about the short-term effects of Covid-19, or talk about recovery, immunity, and thinking that it does not affect younger people as badly as older ones.

People who had acute covid and now have chronic problems refer to themselves as long  haulers. They have not gotten well, even many months later.  They have created support groups and do whatever they can to help each other. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 6

19 hours ago, 47of74 said:

One of Fuckmuppet’s quack doctors is upset now 

I’m just waiting for the doctor who said bleach killls Covid to start complaining that Fuckmuppet wasn’t treated with that. 

He was taking HCQ in May. Did Immanuel expect Trump to be taking HCQ all this time????

• Upvote 3

So, the fuckwhit in chief is leaving the hospital later today. Doesnt look he’s going to get a sympathy bounce either in the polls.

Meanwhile, Biden is actively campaigning in FL,TX, and AZ.

If he bulldozed his medical team to get out of the hospital, it will bite him in the ass if he has to go back or it delays his recovery. He desperately needs a good showing at the next debate or it’s over. 

He’s doing a pretty good job at destroying his re-election and possibly Barrett’s chance at being seated on the court.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

“Don said, ‘I’m not going to be the only one to tell him he’s acting crazy.'”

This would have been totally accurate if he'd said it at any time in the past, even if it had been his first words as a child.

I only wish he had, and someone had acted on it.

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So, the fuckwhit in chief is leaving the hospital later today. Doesnt look he’s going to get a sympathy bounce either in the polls.

Meanwhile, Biden is actively campaigning in FL,TX, and AZ.

If he bulldozed his medical team to get out of the hospital, it will bite him in the ass if he has to go back or it delays his recovery. He desperately needs a good showing at the next debate or it’s over. 

He’s doing a pretty good job at destroying his re-election and possibly Barrett’s chance at being seated on the court.

See my mind says his leaving the hospital is going to give him a boost in the polls. His saying not to fear COVID is just going to give more fuel to the dumpster fire of Covidots.

I am interested is what other FJ peeps think as I tend approach most things in a negative light. The second I saw he was being discharged I went into panic mode 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

19 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I am interested is what other FJ peeps think as I tend approach most things in a negative light. The second I saw he was being discharged I went into panic mode.  

Me too. I was really hoping this would knock him out for longer and his quick recovery is making me think he didn't really have it and this entire thing was a ploy. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

@onekidanddone I’m with you! I think this might lead to a boost. However, it won’t be for long. He’s likely not even at the worst of his symptoms yet and anyone is going to feel ok pumped full of steroids. That support will take a nosedive when he’s carried out in a stretcher. 

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1

17 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

See my mind says his leaving the hospital is going to give him a boost in the polls. His saying not to fear COVID is just going to give more fuel to the dumpster fire of Covidots.

I am interested is what other FJ peeps think as I tend approach most things in a negative light. The second I saw he was being discharged I went into panic mode 

If he were a regular person he'd probably be right back in the hospital after a day or two.  Back when my grandpa started having health problems a few years before his passing there were a couple times where he left too early and was right back in the hospital a short time later.  I'm guessing that fuck nugget will be under medical care pretty quick in the White House even if they don't take him back to Walter Reed. 

And it's probably a good thing if it gets the Branch Trumpvidian fuck knobs away from the hospital. 

• Upvote 6

I’m afraid what will happen after the election, regardless who wins. If Biden were acting like this Trump would be all over it yelling foul. Instead I’m concerned him being released so soon will only make things worse. Plus, what the f?! Is he still contagious?? This is a nightmare. 

Eta: I also want to know if he tweeted leaving the hospital so they’ll discharge him. (If I tweet about it they will have to discharge me)  :headdesk:

Edited by Giraffe
Still talking. My grammar sucks today.
  • Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic