IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 6: Dr. MyPillow and Demon Sperm

GreyhoundFan

It never had to come to this. All they had to do was mask up.  

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

It never had to come to this. All they had to do was mask up.  

I have very little sympathy for those who refused to vaccinate or take other precautions and have to be in the hospital or decked out in a funeral parlor somewhere.  Even if they come around and are now spouting off about getting vaccinated or other precautions.  Because you're right @WiseGirl - it never needed to be this goddamn way.  Hell if the GQP had put an actual effort into fighting this fucking thing the pandemic would be done and we'd be moving on to the post-covid part of the ride. 

It just seems to me throughout our history that the United States has to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing the right thing.  Civil rights, women's rights, indigenous rights, LGBTQ rights, and so on. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Awaiting the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the reich wingers over this;

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin is moving to have all active duty members of the US military vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus, he said in a memo released Monday.

"I want you to know that I will seek the President's approval to make the vaccines mandatory no later than mid-September, or immediately upon the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) licensure, whichever comes first," it adds.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley will also communicate a related message to the troops.

"As many of you know, President Biden asked me to consider how and when we might add the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines to the list of those required for all Service members," according to the memo, which was released by the Defense Department on Monday.

popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

• Upvote 6

Texas threatens to pull liquor licenses for restaurants that ask customers to show proof of vaccination

Two restaurants have pulled back on their plans to require patrons show proof of vaccination after the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission threatened to pull their liquor licenses.

The Austin American-Statesman reports that Austin-based restaurants Launderette and Fresa's earlier this week announced plans to ask patrons show they had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine before entering.

Shortly afterward, however, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission called them and sent them a separate letter informing them that requiring proof of vaccination would likely violate a law passed by the Texas legislature earlier this year that barred vaccine passports in the state.

"Yesterday we received a courtesy call from the TABC saying that we must immediately act in compliance with the law and that if we did not, a case would be opened and we would be at threat of losing our state licenses," Launderette owners tell the Austin American-Statesman.

Even though the restaurants are no longer requiring proof of vaccination, they are still insisting that customers come wearing masks as a precondition to being seated.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has come under fire in recent days for refusing to back down from his stance against mask and vaccination mandates even as he asked overrun Texas hospitals to stop performing elective surgeries until the current wave of COVID-19 hospitalizations ends.

• Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1

One of our local papers ran a story about which local state and US Reps and Senators were vaccinated. Of all the US Congress members they contacted, all indicated they were vaccinated, except one who declined to comment: Daniel Webster. Shocking. I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually vaccinated but doesn't want to alienate his voter base by admitting it. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he's not vaccinated. 

• Thank You 4

CovidKim responded to the President calling her and others like DeSatan over their fucked up response.

Governor Kim Reynolds released a statement Thursday calling President Biden's priorities "misplaced" after her office received a letter from Education Secretary Miguel Cardona criticizing the state's ban on mask mandates, specifically in schools.

“We have a crisis at the border, a disaster in Afghanistan, and inflation is soaring. President Biden is failing on each of these issues, yet he is now launching an attack against governors like myself for trusting our people to decide what’s best for them," Reynolds said. "The President’s priorities are misplaced. I have had enough, and I know Iowans have too. I’ll continue to do whatever is necessary to defend and preserve the fundamental rights and liberties afforded to any American citizen.”

We have high rates of community transmission where I am, local health and school officials worried that COVID is exploding around here and Kimmy would rather play these fucking games.  I cannot wait to get out of Iowa. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

Who wants to tell him that Georgia doesn't currently have a high enough population for him to compete against DeSantis and Abbott in the killing Olympics?

• Thank You 1

My governor announced vaccine mandates for state employees and teachers. I'm already vaccinated so I'm good.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 8/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, WiseGirl said:

My governor announced vaccine mandates for state employees and teachers. I'm already vaccinated so I'm good.

Illinois is requiring vaccines or regular testing for teachers and healthcare workers, along with requiring masks indoors again.

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker announced Thursday that all PreK-12 public school teachers and staff, all higher-education personnel and students, and health care workers in a variety of settings must be vaccinated against Covid-19 by September 5 or face regular testing requirements.

Illinois is also instituting a statewide indoor mask requirement, regardless of vaccination status, beginning Monday, he said.

I'm fine with that.  I'm not a member of the Gov. Pritzker fan club but I'd rather have him as governor than Covid Kim in Iowa.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4

At least the Iowa courts are stepping up

The chief justice of the Iowa Supreme Court has signed an order making masks mandatory in areas controlled by the courts. 

The order signed Friday by Chief Justice Susan Christensen says all people entering court-controlled areas must wear a face covering regardless of the person's vaccination status. 

The order contradicts Gov. Kim Reynolds' long-term policy against widespread mask mandates but isn't against the law. In May she signed a law that bans cities, counties, and school districts from requiring masks.

Now we’ll have to see if she has a foot stomping meltdown over this and want her buddies in the legislature to take away the court’s power to mandate masks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

CovidKim was asked what she thinks of her moniker

Last year, Iowans unimpressed with Gov. Kim Reynolds’ handling of the COVID-19 pandemic gave her a new moniker: “COVID Kim.”

Since then, the name has become common among Reynolds’ critics online. WHO 13’s Dave Price asked her about it in an interview that aired Sunday.

“People never 100 percent agree with the decisions I make,” Reynolds said.

As of last Wednesday, Iowa had an average of 814 new cases per day and 48 percent of Iowans had been vaccinated. The state updates its data weekly.

If shoe fucking fits Kimmy wear it. 

• Upvote 3

Does anybody know how long you need to pray and fast to stop a pandemic? Our mayor's supposedly been at it for over a week now, but the hospitals are still full and the county fair starts today, so... :confusion-shrug:

• Eyeroll 6

Some good news

A judge ruled Monday that an Ohio hospital cannot be forced to give a patient ivermectin for Covid-19, reversing an earlier decision that ordered it to administer a parasite medication that has not been approved to treat the disease.

In an 11-page decision, Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Michael Oster Jr. wrote that there “was no doubt that the medical and scientific communities do not support the use of ivermectin as a treatment for Covid-19.”

“While this court is sympathetic to the plaintiff and understands the idea of wanting to do anything to help her loved one, public policy should not and does not support allowing physicians to try ‘any’ type of treatment on human beings,” he wrote.

• Thank You 5

Who else here has whole semi loads of popcorn ready to go for the Branch Trumpvidians whining away about this?

In his most forceful pandemic actions and words, President Joe Biden on Thursday ordered sweeping new federal vaccine requirements for as many as 100 million Americans in an all-out effort to increase COVID-19 vaccinations and curb the surging delta variant.

Speaking at the White House, Biden sharply criticized the tens of millions of Americans who are not yet vaccinated, despite months of availability and incentives.

“We’ve been patient. But our patience is wearing thin, and your refusal has cost all of us,” he said, all but biting off his words. The unvaccinated minority “can cause a lot of damage, and they are.”

Republican leaders — and some union chiefs, too — said Biden was going too far in trying to muscle private companies and workers, a certain sign of legal challenges to come.

Republicans should go fuck a piranha if they don't like this.  They had their chance and blew it.  Time to let the adults do their thing.

As I said, I got lots of popcorn ready....

LargePopcorn.png.6dbc2f0594de5b6c7c34146d17ad43cd.png

• Upvote 5

Course guess who the fuck is complaining about all this already.  That's right.  Covid Kim. 

Gov. Kim Reynolds on Thursday harshly criticized President Joe Biden's announcement that federal agencies and businesses would be required to vaccinate their employees against COVID-19. 

Reynolds, a Republican, has urged eligible Iowans to get vaccinated against COVID-19, but has strongly opposed mandating vaccinations.

"President Biden is taking dangerous and unprecedented steps to insert the federal government even further into our lives while dismissing the ability of Iowans and Americans to make health care decisions for themselves," Reynolds, a Republican, said in a statement.

I am so fucking over my native state it's not even funny any more.  I want out so fucking bad I hope I can hide it enough not to turn off potential Minnesota or any other blue area employers at this point.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Course guess who the fuck is complaining about all this already.  That's right.  Covid Kim. 

I am so fucking over my native state it's not even funny any more.  I want out so fucking bad I hope I can hide it enough not to turn off potential Minnesota or any other blue area employers at this point.

Unlike his stand on abortion, Abbott thinks Texans should have a "right to choose" whether or not we get vaccinated.

:angry-banghead:

• Upvote 4

Oh, no - a power grab to . . . save their lives! How dare that Biden not let them all die (in Texas, with their boots on, boots optional in other states).

But, it might save one of our lives - can't let that happen. Gotta - cough, cough - own - hack, faint - the libs!

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Oh, no - a power grab to . . . save their lives! How dare that Biden not let them all die (in Texas, with their boots on, boots optional in other states).

But, it might save one of our lives - can't let that happen. Gotta - cough, cough - own - hack, faint - the libs

The comments I've seen in the last day have convinced me that I have underestimated the percentage of Americans who would happily gnaw off their own foot and eat it on live television if they thought it would upset Biden. :doh:

Here's another jackass agitating the rubes in hopes of locking up their vote for his future White House run:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.90645130df96335fa187124659d4a673.png

image.thumb.png.197dcacbdbda0b76bfdf0385fa85a850.png 

image.thumb.png.261a50b5c88a62fcb04228ab0af23b54.png

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 2

I swear, "demanding answers" is so totally "look at me appearing to do something and Stand Up To The Man while actually doing nothing." Performative politics is great for TV and gets him votes but achieves nothing for his actual constituents. Show us some actual work that created jobs there Josh.

• Upvote 7

The President told the fuck stick GQP whining about this to go fuck themselves in the name of the flying spaghetti monster...

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Shocking no one, Governor Parsons here in Missouri is rejecting Biden’s federal mandate.  

who is going to tell him (and that dolt AG Schmidt) that the business/corporate world takes OSHA very seriously?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

Shocking no one, Governor Parsons here in Missouri is rejecting Biden’s federal mandate.  

who is going to tell him (and that dolt AG Schmidt) that the business/corporate world takes OSHA very seriously?

DeSantis was quoted as criticizing the measure as "doubling down on methods that don't work" (paraphrased). Because, you know, it's sheer coincidence that those states that are suffering less from Delta tend to have higher vaccination rates.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1