IGNORED

Government Response to Coronavirus 6: Dr. MyPillow and Demon Sperm

GreyhoundFan

Austin-Travis County Moves To Stage 4 COVID-19 Guidance As Cases And Hospitalizations Rise

Austin and Travis County are moving into stage 4 of Austin Public Health’s risk-based guidelines as coronavirus cases and hospitalizations continue to rise.

Hospitals in Central Texas are seeing an “incredible increase” in the number of people being hospitalized for COVID-19 and placed in ICUs, Austin-Travis County Health Authority Dr. Desmar Walkes said at a news conference Friday.

“These alarming numbers place us officially in stage 4 on our risk-based chart, less than a week after moving to stage 3,” Walkes said. “We are asking Austinites and community members in Travis County to take action. This is a call to action.”

Under stage 4, health officials recommend vaccinated people wear masks:

• At private indoor and outdoor gatherings
  • While traveling
  • While dining and shopping

They recommend unvaccinated people:

• Avoid private indoor and outdoor gatherings
  • Travel only if it's essential (with masks)
  • Dine and shop only if it’s essential (with masks)

As of now, Travis County has a seven-day average of 148 new COVID-19 cases per day. It's a dramatic increase from the start of July, when that number was 34.

That spike has also been reflected in hospitalizations. About 35 people in the five-county region on average are being hospitalized with COVID per day. It was 8 per day at the start of the month.

The area moved into stage 3 of the guidelines last week, and the health agency began recommending people — vaccinated or not — start wearing masks indoors again earlier this week.

Almost all of the cases and hospitalizations are among people who are not vaccinated, according to Walkes. During a virtual town hall Thursday, she said APH is in the process of evaluating the data but so far it shows that around 7% to 8% of people hospitalized with COVID in the area are vaccinated.

“The large majority of people that are in the hospital, almost all the people in the hospital, are unvaccinated, so this still is a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Walkes said.

About 62% of those eligible for the vaccine (people 12 or older) have been fully vaccinated in Travis County. In Texas as a whole, that percentage is about 52%.

Cases have also been on the rise statewide. Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday he wouldn’t impose another statewide mask mandate.

Cities, counties and school districts are not allowed to require people to wear masks after Abbott issued an executive order in May prohibiting them from doing so. The Austin school district said it will recommend masks when classes begin in the fall, especially in elementary schools, where children can't get vaccinated.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

So someone is funding a vaccine disinformation campaign via social media influencers.

A mysterious marketing agency secretly offered to pay social media stars to spread disinformation about Covid-19 vaccines. Their plan failed when the influencers went public about the attempt to recruit them.

"It started with an email" says Mirko Drotschmann, a German YouTuber and journalist.

Mirko normally ignores offers from brands asking him to advertise their products to his more than 1.5 million subscribers. But the sponsorship offer he received in May this year was unlike any other.

An influencer marketing agency called Fazze offered to pay him to promote what it said was leaked information that suggested the death rate among people who had the Pfizer vaccine was almost three times that of the AstraZeneca jab.

Fazze's brief told influencers to share a story in French newspaper Le Monde about a data leak from the European Medicines Agency.

The story was genuine, but didn't include anything about vaccine deaths. But in this context it would give the false impression that the death rate statistics had come from the leak.

The data the influencers were asked to share had actually been cobbled together from different sources and taken out of context.

It appears that the money has come out of Russia, presumably as an attempt to continue the destabilising. This has been denied by Moscow (obviously).

I'm finding it very interesting because of where it's allegedly coming from and why - and also because this strategy to engage the vaccine hesitant (linked on the Hillsong thread) is basically the same idea - get influencers within those communities to engage and you can move things forward.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 7

Fauci began receiving the threatening messages to his work email at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in December 2020, the first of which came with the subject line: "Hope you get a bullet in your compromised satanic skull today," according to the complaint. In the email, the sender called Fauci an "elf" and "a lying sack of s***."

Another series of emails from the same account were sent to Fauci in April 2021, threatening his family if he talked about "mandatory vaccines."

According to the affidavit, Connally also used a separate email account to communicate with another individual about Fauci, claiming the doctor was engaged in fraud regarding HIV and AIDS.

The most recent email was sent on July 21, according to the criminal complaint.

If convicted, Connally faces up to 10 years in federal prison.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

In case anyone was wondering why the FUCK I am taking the Minnesota exam this year and past the point of caring if I score high enough to import my score into Iowa.

Gov. Kim Reynolds decried the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s new face mask guidance on Tuesday, while encouraging vaccination among Iowa’s population.

“The Biden Administration’s new COVID-19 guidance telling fully vaccinated Iowans to now wear masks is not only counterproductive to our vaccination efforts, but also not grounded in reality or common sense,” Reynolds said, in a statement. “I’m concerned that this guidance will be used as a vehicle to mandate masks in states and schools across the country, something I do not support.”

Reynolds issued the statement after the CDC updated its recommendations, saying that vaccinated people should wear masks in public indoor spaces where the community spread of COVID-19 is high. The guidance also said that all people in kindergarten-through-12th-grade school buildings should wear masks, though Dr. Rochell Walensky, the CDC’s director, said that classes should be held in person on a full-time basis this fall.

I'm really done with Iowa and want to get out as soon as the fuck possible.  If I score high enough for admission in Iowa I'll get licensed in Iowa just so I can be more valuable to southern Minnesota firms that can be licensed in both states but it's clear that CovidKim puts fuck face 20939300 miles ahead of the people of Iowa and they seem just goddamn fine with that too.

Sorry for swearing so fucking much.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

This is Florida's Agriculture Commissioner who wants to be their next governor.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Our National Cabinet has come up with a plan for moving forward to a post-covid society. It's more detailed than the last two, so that's a good start. It has some issues - notably that the states all have to reach a target before the next phase can start, hopefully this will encourage everyone to work together rather than sniping at each other. There are also some known unknowns- vaccine supply, VOCs, efficacy etc.

But I really hope it can work, because like everyone I would like to be able to plan a holiday or to visit family with a degree of confidence that state borders will stay open and I won't get stuck or be unable to go.

Meanwhile NSW is still dealing with an ongoing outbreak of Delta, while Queensland has gone into a short lockdown to hopefully quell a small outbreak there and Victoria is hoping like hell that the two cases linked to a traffic controller at a covid testing site haven't spread it further and we can get through a week without remote learning or shutting down again. 

Fiji has confirmed 1,163 new cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours and another six deaths due to the virus, including an 11-month-old baby. And this is making me so sad right now - I know we have sent and are sending more aid, but it still feels like so little.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

From the linked article:

The governor criticized the CDC's shift and noted that South Dakota's case rates remain low compared with other points during the pandemic.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people cherry pick the data so they can live in their own reality.Yeah South Dakota's case rates are low now but they were right before the Sturgis motorcycle rally too. Also it seems to be inconceivable to these people that protective measures might actually be protective, and that pandemics don't just stay static because you'd like them to for political purposes.

Also the prison staff union* should be agitating for ongoing mask wearing and vaccination for staff and inmates as part of occupational health and safety - both groups are at high risk due to environment.

*I know, Australian cultural assumption.

• Upvote 5

R Governor who resisted mask mandate and got Covid in 2020 is, in essence, telling these dimwits to get their danged vax.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Asa regrets signing mask mandate ban

Arkansas Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson said Tuesday he regrets approving a statewide ban on face mask mandates earlier this year and has called the state Legislature into a special session in an effort to amend the law.

"In hindsight, I wish that had not become law," Hutchinson said during a news conference. "But it is the law, and the only chance we have is either to amend it or for the courts to say that it has an unconstitutional foundation."

The governor's comments -- a shift from his earlier defense of the measure -- reflect the changing public health landscape across the US brought on by the highly transmissible Delta variant. On Tuesday, for the first time since February, more than 50,000 hospital beds across the country were occupied by Covid-19 patients, according to new data from the US Department of Health and Human Services. That number is more than triple what it was a month ago.

The ban of face mask mandates, SB 590, was first introduced in late March and eventually passed both chambers of Arkansas' GOP-led General Assembly in April. It prohibits state and local officials and entities from ordering a face mask mandate, but makes an exception for private businesses, health care facilities, correctional facilities and facilities operated by the Department of Human Services' Division of Youth Services.

Fuck you, Asa.  If you and the other GQP governors hadn't done all this bullshit we wouldn't be in this position now.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 7

Meanwhile in Florida, DeSantis continues to be an idiot. "DeSantis turns his ire on Biden instead of Covid-19 as it rages in Florida:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/ron-desantis-joe-biden-donald-trump-covid-politics/index.html

And...

"Florida leads the nation in new Covid-19 adult and child hospital admissions"

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-08-05-21/h_a37b4ae8ddc83748901d9912e5409247

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Floridians deserve a governor who gives a fuck about them instead of this asshole. :angry-cussingblack:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

For crying out loud, Texas.  

I have gotten notifications for things like a case of strep throat in my child's classroom in the past. You could not pay me enough to move to Texas.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I remember bringing home a notice that chicken pox was going around my elementary school(this was around the same time I got it).  And I’m pretty sure their advice wasn’t “Have your kids play with the infected ones so they can contract it and get it over with!”

• Upvote 3