IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 4: How Much Longer?

GreyhoundFan

17 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

That is, if Mother will let Pence be on the same stage as her.

That'll be the first time a member of this sham administration eagerly embraces social distancing.

From the WaPo live updates thread: "‘Filled with joy’: Other contenders to be Biden’s running mate congratulate and praise Harris"

As soon as Biden announced that Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) would be his running mate, other Democratic women who had been considered for the position rushed to offer their congratulations and praise, along with promises to help the duo beat President Trump in the fall.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D), who was on Biden’s shortlist and did an in-person interview with him, tweeted: “I am extraordinarily proud to support @KamalaHarris and @JoeBiden! They will be a fierce team to Build America Back Better. #WeHaveHerBack.”

Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.), another member of that shortlist, tweeted that Harris is “a great choice” and that her “tenacious pursuit of justice and relentless advocacy for the people is what is needed right now.”

Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams tweeted that she is “thrilled to support” Harris and that she spoke at length with Biden over the weekend and Tuesday. “His focus on reaching out to every corner of our country speaks to how he will lead us,” Abrams said.

Former U.N. ambassador Susan E. Rice, who was reportedly also being considered as Biden’s running mate, offered her congratulations in a statement, writing: “Senator Harris is a tenacious and trailblazing leader who will make a great partner on the campaign trail. I am confident that Biden-Harris will prove to be a winning ticket. … I look forward to supporting the Biden-Harris ticket with all my energy and commitment.”

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), who took herself out of consideration earlier in the year, tweeted: “Filled with joy that Sen. @KamalaHarris is our Vice Presidential nominee! This is a historic moment, and I know that her leadership, experience, and character will help move our country forward when she and @JoeBiden take back the White House!”

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I hope "President" Butt Hole is shitting himself over this announcement.

And I of course hope it leads to the day when President Harris takes the oath of office either in 2025 or 2029.  I shall have lots of popcorn ready to watch the GOP fuck stick butt hurt over this.

LargePopcorn.png.6dbc2f0594de5b6c7c34146d17ad43cd.png

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

50 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Mother will stand next to Pence at the podium on the side closest to Harris.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Maybe Mother will have to be on stage, right beside Mikey.

I'm picturing the SNL skit now. Every time Mikey turns to Kamela to address her points, Mother pulls on his collar or hits him with a cattle prod. Finally, he just looks straight ahead.

I'd love to see bonus points for a female moderator!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Her interim replacement will be appointed by Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, and when actual voting happens, CA is fairly solid blue, so I'm assuming the replacement should be a Democrat.

It will stay blue. As a Californian there is NO DOUBT in my mind. Names already being tossed about are Katie Porter and Adam Schiff. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

It will stay blue. As a Californian there is NO DOUBT in my mind. Names already being tossed about are Katie Porter and Adam Schiff. 

Katie Porter? Love her! Didn't know she was younger than me. Yikes, I'm getting old!

• Upvote 5

It sounds like a great (and not unexpected) choice. Fingers crossed for you all that they win.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:15 AM, Ozlsn said:

And speaking of un-preferred candidates my take on Clive Palmer was that he did a deal with the LNP to split the One Nation/fringe vote and direct his preferences to the LNP so the LNP would comfortably win seats - in return for some very interesting concessions. He spent a crapload on advertising across the nation to not win a seat - but he seems to have gotten preferential deals through in QLD and WA that have made him more money. That and it was a boost to his not-inconsequential ego to see his face everywhere. I'll be interested to see how his court case about state border closures goes though.

Saw this today which made me snort.

338A44F5-88C2-4CAD-A7F2-53C676A54FF5.jpeg

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

So is one in a more reliably blue Congressional district than the other? That would be the best choice. Although I'd love to see Katie go toe to toe with Mitch.

I just checked. As much as I love Katie Porter, I see that she is the first Democrat to represent her district since it was created in 1993.

Here's a little about her from Wikipedia

In the 2018 elections, Porter ran for the United States House of Representatives against two-term incumbent Republican Mimi Walters in California's 45th congressional district.[20][21][22] Porter defeated Walters[23] to become the first Democrat to represent the 45th district or its predecessors since it was created in 1983.[24][25] Her victory was part of a Democratic sweep of Orange County, long reckoned a bastion of suburban conservatism. For the first time since 1936, the Democrats took all four previously held Republican seats (including Porter's) in Orange County. They now hold all seven seats in the county.

Porter did not accept corporate PAC money in her bid for Congress.[26] She was endorsed by End Citizens United, a political action committee seeking to overturn the U.S. Supreme Court 2010 decision Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission.[27] Porter has cited an overhaul of campaign finance laws and protection of voting rights as legislative priorities.[26]

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Smee said:

Oh FFS. It didn’t take them long (& yes, I know that’s not at all how it works).

827133FD-4C32-46F6-932E-C8D2CB67EB2B.jpeg

We still haven't found out which planet Trump is from . No one will claim him!

• Haha 15

Umm, if she’s an ‘anchor baby’, that means she’s a natural born citizen. Idiots.

And Pelosi is older than Biden ?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, Smee said:

Oh FFS. It didn’t take them long (& yes, I know that’s not at all how it works).

827133FD-4C32-46F6-932E-C8D2CB67EB2B.jpeg

The Constitution doesn't say anything about a candidate's parents.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

25 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

We still haven't found out which planet Trump is from . No one will claim him!

And they wouldn't take the fuckopotomus back in any event.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I am surprised he picked a Senator, disrupting the balance in the Senate, but putting that aside, she is infinitely better than Pence.

I wouldn't worry about that. This is California. In our last general election for the Senate there wasn't even a republican on the ballot.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I was hoping that the Veep pick would be Harris.   I got an email from Barnes and Noble this evening with her book at the top of the email so I ordered it.  I meant to get it back during the primary, but now I can say that I got it on her announcement day.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Yes please!

Could Kanye West be charged with Electoral Fraud?

Given that he didn't announce his candidacy until July, Kanye West’s presidential bid has been an uphill battle from the start. But now, his campaign is facing a brand-new hurdle to appear on ballots in November, in the form of suggestions of potential electoral fraud.

The rapper has filed petitions to appear on the presidential ticket in 10 states, but so far has only managed to secure a spot on Oklahoma’s ballot, although he has many petitions pending review. While he managed to meet the filing deadlines for Illinois and New Jersey, the two states are now throwing West’s eligibility into doubt after both announced that the majority of the signatures submitted as part of his petition are invalid.

The latest issue has come in West’s home state, where Chicago’s WTTW reported that he was 1,300 signatures short of the necessary 2,500 needed to appear on the Illinois ballot. A hearing officer determined that only 1,200 signatures submitted were valid after the 46th Ward Democratic committee member, Sean Tenner, was inspired to take a closer look at the rapper’s petition. WTTW reported that the petition submitted by his campaign with the help of GOP officials in Wisconsin is also being challenged.

Last week, NJ.com reported that West’s campaign withdrew his petition hours before a scheduled hearing to determine his application’s validity after an elections lawyer questioned over 700 signatures his team submitted. West submitted 1,327 signatures to the New Jersey Division of Elections ahead of the July 27 deadline. Two days later, Florham Park–based elections attorney Scott Salmon says he found hundreds of suspicious signatures with issues including no last name, no municipality listed, people who were not registered to vote or didn’t live in New Jersey.

Salmon told NJ Advance Media, “I am glad to see the Kanye campaign has realized that their petition was not going to survive here. It was so clearly deficient that it wasn’t even worth defending. I think that’s the main takeaway here. I wish it wouldn’t have gotten this far.”

Additionally, a New York Times investigation found there are a number of Republican activists helping West get on the ballot, including Mark Jacoby whose company Let the Voters Decide has been collecting signatures in Ohio, West Virginia, and Arkansas. While working for the California Republican Party in 2008, Jacoby was arrested on voter-fraud charges and pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. Voter-registration fraud carries a penalty of up to three years in prison, according to CBS News.

West’s team has until August 21 to refute Illinois’s determination regarding the invalid signatures when the findings will be presented to the Illinois State Board of Elections. No official charges of voter-registration fraud have been filed against West or his campaign as of now. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

So it Trump going to debate Biden? I really want him to because he is not going to do well and I wouldn't be surprised if he loses it and goes into a screaming, cussing rage. He barely contained his anger when a reporter pointed out he lied about the Veteran's Choice bill. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So it Trump going to debate Biden? I really want him to because he is not going to do well and I wouldn't be surprised if he loses it and goes into a screaming, cussing rage. He barely contained his anger when a reporter pointed out he lied about the Veteran's Choice bill. 

I agree!  Wouldn't it be lovely to see Trump storm off stage in a fit of helpless rage?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

20 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I agree!  Wouldn't it be lovely to see Trump storm off stage in a fit of helpless rage?

And this time around he wouldn't be able to wander around creeping behind Biden like he did Hillary in an attempt to be threatening. Trump has a political history this time, something he didn't have to deal with before. They will either have to drug him to the point he just sits there slurring his words and struggling to drink out of a cup or he will explode in violent anger. His handlers have to know there is no way for him to be able to deal with a debate 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

And this time around he wouldn't be able to wander around creeping behind Biden like he did Hillary in an attempt to be threatening. Trump has a political history this time, something he didn't have to deal with before. They will either have to drug him to the point he just sits there slurring his words and struggling to drink out of a cup or he will explode in violent anger. His handlers have to know there is no way for him to be able to deal with a debate 

I agree with you. If they have one debate and he does poorly, as we expect, his team will find a way for him to weasel out of the other two scheduled match-ups. Also, unlike Twitler, who listens to nobody, Biden actually seems to listen to advisors. I'm sure they have extensive preparation ready for Joe and there will be actual practice. Twitler goes off script almost immediately. I can't imagine trying to coach him. On a side note, I wonder who will play Drumpf in Joe's debate practice.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I think Biden made a good choice in selecting Kamala Harris.  The debates are going to be very interesting.  I can see Harris easily wiping the floor with Pence with little effort.  I want to see him squirming.  I think Trump just might weasel his way out of the debates.  I hope I'm wrong, because I want to see him called out on everything he has said and done and be completely humiliated.  His Twitter tantrum afterward would be epic.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic