IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 4: How Much Longer?

GreyhoundFan

11 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I expect the spawn to be featured heavily.

Agreed. That's reason enough to tune in to something else. I'd rather watch a video of paint drying.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I expect the spawn to be featured heavily.

Your predictive skills are spot on. Six (!) of the 12 speakers are named Trump.

They should just go ahead and rename the convention ‘the TNC’.

It wouldn’t surprise me if days 2, 3, and 4 of the convention are just reruns of day 1. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I am also dumbfounded how so many idiots are in favor of a dictatorship.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

They DO have a platform. It consists of one plank/principle: blind adoration of Dumpy at all times.

"Republicans to forgo adoption of platform"

Spoiler

CHARLOTTE — Republicans will officially forgo the creation of a party platform Monday, approving a series of resolutions that condemn “cancel culture,” endorse “America First principles” and otherwise link their agenda to Trump.

“The 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention,” reads a resolution that was approved by Republican delegates in Charlotte and will be voted through by the full committee Monday in the city’s convention center. “All platforms are snapshots of the historical contexts in which they are born, and parties abide by their policy priorities, rather than their political rhetoric.”

This will be the first year since the founding of the Republican Party more than 160 years ago that it does not enter the general election with an official platform. In recent years, a platform committee has been formed by party leaders and delegates, hammering out a quadrennial document of principles that can stretch to dozens of pages.

In May, the Trump campaign floated the idea of scrapping the platform committee, and delegates gathered in this city, where the convention has been scaled down to a few hours, obliged. Delegates began arriving days ago for a smaller summer meeting that dealt with most party business, adopting seven resolutions that are expected to be approved as the party nominates Trump for a second term.

Among the other resolutions are a call to “reduce or phase out American-dependence on any foreign source of medicine” and a “complete overhaul of the Administrative Procedure Act of 1946,” which would dismantle the current regulatory state and allow the president “to drain the swamp.” The party will condemn “cancel culture” and declare “solidarity against anti-Italian and anti-Catholic prejudice” by defending celebrations of Christopher Columbus.

“The expansion of Western Civilization, and the establishment of the United States of America, has led to an ever-improving, free and equal society benefiting all Americans,” the resolution reads.

Another resolution condemns the Southern Poverty Law Center, accusing the civil rights group of anti-conservative bias. “The federal government should not view this organization as a legitimate foundation equipped to provide actionable information to DHS or any other government agency,” it reads.

Democrats, who had scaled down their convention before Republicans, held their own platform meetings via Zoom in the days before the party’s meeting last week.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

They DO have a platform. It consists of one plank/principle: blind adoration of Dumpy at all times.

"Republicans to forgo adoption of platform"

Hide contents

CHARLOTTE — Republicans will officially forgo the creation of a party platform Monday, approving a series of resolutions that condemn “cancel culture,” endorse “America First principles” and otherwise link their agenda to Trump.

“The 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention,” reads a resolution that was approved by Republican delegates in Charlotte and will be voted through by the full committee Monday in the city’s convention center. “All platforms are snapshots of the historical contexts in which they are born, and parties abide by their policy priorities, rather than their political rhetoric.”

This will be the first year since the founding of the Republican Party more than 160 years ago that it does not enter the general election with an official platform. In recent years, a platform committee has been formed by party leaders and delegates, hammering out a quadrennial document of principles that can stretch to dozens of pages.

In May, the Trump campaign floated the idea of scrapping the platform committee, and delegates gathered in this city, where the convention has been scaled down to a few hours, obliged. Delegates began arriving days ago for a smaller summer meeting that dealt with most party business, adopting seven resolutions that are expected to be approved as the party nominates Trump for a second term.

Among the other resolutions are a call to “reduce or phase out American-dependence on any foreign source of medicine” and a “complete overhaul of the Administrative Procedure Act of 1946,” which would dismantle the current regulatory state and allow the president “to drain the swamp.” The party will condemn “cancel culture” and declare “solidarity against anti-Italian and anti-Catholic prejudice” by defending celebrations of Christopher Columbus.

“The expansion of Western Civilization, and the establishment of the United States of America, has led to an ever-improving, free and equal society benefiting all Americans,” the resolution reads.

Another resolution condemns the Southern Poverty Law Center, accusing the civil rights group of anti-conservative bias. “The federal government should not view this organization as a legitimate foundation equipped to provide actionable information to DHS or any other government agency,” it reads.

Democrats, who had scaled down their convention before Republicans, held their own platform meetings via Zoom in the days before the party’s meeting last week.

In other words, they are admitting they stand for nothing. How can they be taken seriously as a political party? 

I joked earlier they should call the convention the TNC. They should rename he party to the TOP: Trump's ol' Party. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Updated speaker list.  ☺️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

"More than two dozen former GOP lawmakers announce backing of Biden"

Spoiler

More than two dozen former Republican members of Congress, including former senator Jeff Flake of Arizona, announced their support for Biden on Monday as part of a launch of a “Republicans for Biden" group, deliberately timed for the first day of the GOP convention.

“In a strong rebuke to the current administration, these former members of Congress cited Trump’s corruption, destruction of democracy, blatant disregard for moral decency, and urgent need to get the country back on course as a reason why they support Biden,” the campaign said in a statement. “These former Members of Congress are supporting Joe Biden because they know what’s at stake in this election and that Trump’s failures as President have superseded partisanship.”

The list includes some former lawmakers who have already announced support for Biden, including senators Gordon Humphrey of New Hampshire and John Warner of Virginia.

Former House members on the list include Steve Bartlett of Texas, Bill Clinger of Pennsylvania, Tom Coleman of Missouri, Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania, Charles Djou of Hawaii, Mickey Edwards of Oklahoma, Wayne Gilchrest of Maryland, Jim Greenwood of Pennsylvania, Bob Inglis of South Carolina, Jim Kolbe of Arizona, Steve Kuykendall of California, Ray LaHood of Illinois, Jim Leach of Iowa, Connie Morella of Maryland, Mike Parker of Mississippi, Jack Quinn of New York, Claudine Schneider of Rhode Island, Chris Shays of Connecticut, Peter Smith of Vermont, Alan Steelman of Texas, Bill Whitehurst of Virginia, Dick Zimmer of New Jersey, and Jim Walsh of New York.

The Biden campaign also announced that Flake would deliver remarks on Monday about the group’s effort to gather more Republican support.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

I know 2020 has been a wild ride, but this is getting ridiculous.

NASA Warning Asteroid Could Hit The US...1 Day Before Election

OK ... we're in the grip of a pandemic, there are tropical storms swirling around the country, police shootings seem like an everyday occurrence, Trump is making rumblings he won't leave office even if he loses ... and now, an asteroid may hit the U.S. hours before the election.

NASA broke the news ... an asteroid is on a trajectory to hit the United States of America on November 2, 2020.

The good news ... it's 6.5 feet in diameter and there's only a 1% chance it will hit somewhere in the country. With our luck in 2020, who's betting that it will miss?

The space agency is saying there are 3 possible points of impact, but they weren't specific.

Don't dismiss this danger too quickly. Jim Bridenstine, a NASA Administrator, warned last year ... asteroids could be the biggest threat to Mother Earth.

• Upvote 6

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-the-real-truth-about-that-election-day-asteroid

I couldn’t believe this. Been reading about it here and there thinking it was just a joke. I mean, really? Haven’t we had enough already? 

But, yes. There really is an asteroid that will come very very close and there is a small chance that it will hit. The good news is, it is a small chance and the asteroid is small and even if it does hit won’t do any serious damage. But still, 2020, enough already!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Somebody's pissed his TNC isn't getting enough media attention. :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

Don't you love it when not even Faux News thinks his TNC is newsworthy enough? 

• Upvote 7

How can it be a surprise when it was already known he would be speaking at his convention every day?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Somebody's pissed his TNC isn't getting enough media attention. :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

Don't you love it when not even Faux News thinks his TNC is newsworthy enough? 

If anyone really wants to watch his crap, CSPAN is carrying it live. The DeJoy hearing is on CSPAN2. Guess which one I have on?

• Upvote 3

This would get the orange panties in a huge wad: "Left-leaning groups want GOP convention broadcast with 1-minute delay"

Spoiler

A coalition of left-leaning groups is asking television executives for a one-minute delay in the Republican National Convention prime-time broadcast to provide time for journalists to fact-check the speeches and presentations in real time.

“We have already seen Americans die due to disinformation around the covid-19 pandemic and the search for a treatment. We have also seen an increase in hate crimes, police brutality, and racial injustice due to inflammatory and racist disinformation on the news,” according to the letter, sent by UltraViolet, Higher Heights Political Fund, NARAL Pro-Choice America, Emily’s List Women Vote!, BlackPAC and other groups.

The letter was addressed to executives at CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS. The groups noted that in the past, cable networks have cut away from live events such as the White House briefing to provide quick fact-checking of inaccurate comments and said they hope a similar arrangement will be made for the convention, which starts tonight and airs through Thursday evening.

• Upvote 6

Good grief. Trump actually believes this is something to brag about... 

• WTF 4

:pb_eek:

The tweet above seems to be truncated. There is video of the incident in the tweet.

(Honestly, I'm not quite sure he's yelling 'monkey'. He might be saying 'spy gate'.)

Edited by fraurosena
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2

Hopefully most of them...

image.png.8bb6c5fb6af52e12a2081107262469f7.png

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The good news ... it's 6.5 feet in diameter and there's only a 1% chance it will hit somewhere in the country. With our luck in 2020, who's betting that it will miss?

The space agency is saying there are 3 possible points of impact, but they weren't specific.

Mar-a-Lago or the White House would work.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I wish there were some sort of program that would automatically convert TRump’s voice to Stephen Colbert’s.

And it just dawned on me that should Agent Orange be voted out(Oh Rufus on prancing velvet hooves), I’m going to miss Stephen’s impression of him.

Edited by smittykins
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I wish there were some sort of program that would automatically convert TRump’s voice to Stephen Colbert’s.

And it just dawned on me that should Agent Orange be voted out(Oh Rufus on prancing velvet hooves), I’m going to miss Stephen’s impression of him.

He said, in a recent show, that not doing the impression any more will be one perk - seems it's hard on his throat.

• Upvote 1

I'll save everyone undecided about watching the GOP convention a bit of time.

Here's the 2020 GOP convention in a nutshell.

BerlinRally.thumb.jpg.34112ae595b5d94ef001d1ddecec835b.jpg

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic