IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 4: How Much Longer?

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

More from the "you couldn't make this up" file:

image.png.eca2054eb1e6f65689bb9837cec8a715.png

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Thank You 5

• GreyhoundFan pinned this topic

Ooh  I like this idea!

• Upvote 8

This is the Libertarian candidate for president:

image.png.450a78b53a6c9ec4de611efb7a3ad7f0.png

image.png.39abf2b0bd6a208365a86597f0e5f3db.png

A candidate bitten by a potentially rabid bat...how very 2020...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is the Libertarian candidate for president:

image.png.450a78b53a6c9ec4de611efb7a3ad7f0.png

image.png.39abf2b0bd6a208365a86597f0e5f3db.png

A candidate bitten by a potentially rabid bat...how very 2020...

Hmmm... Does that make her bat bit crazy?

• Haha 8

I hadn't even thought about the legality of Kanye's run...

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Not sure where to put this one. So many choices. 

• Upvote 11

Joe Biden says he won’t stand in the way of a possible prosecution of Trump

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden told NPR on Thursday that while he was unsure if it was “good for democracy,” if elected he would not stand in the way of a hypothetical Justice Department prosecution of President Donald Trump for crimes committed in office.

“Look, the Justice Department is not the president’s private law firm,” the former vice president said. “The attorney general is not the president’s private lawyer. I will not interfere with the Justice Department’s judgment of whether or not they think they should pursue the prosecution of anyone that they think has violated the law.”

The comments came in response to a question from NPR’s Lulu Garcia-Navarro on remarks made last year by Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), a frontrunner for Biden’s pick for vice president, that the Justice Department would have “no choice but to investigate Trump after his presidency.”

According to NPR:

Trump has been connected with alleged illegal activity by his former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen and investigators working for former special counsel Robert Mueller. What isn’t clear is whether federal authorities are investigating the president or whether prosecutors might take action against Trump if he no longer enjoyed the privileges that protect him from being indicted as a sitting president.

Biden declared the idea of prosecuting a former president “very unusual” and said he would not weigh in on the decision and rather allow federal law enforcement officials to come to their own conclusions.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Two thoughts from the last thread:

@Smee said:

"it’s that I think there are a lot of not-Trump, nose-holding voters whose vote might disappear if the VP pick is a bad one. And disenfranchised progressives who won’t vote at all if he picks the most boring, centrist, borderline-republican option in the hopes that it will win some swing voters"

In which case welcome to four more Trump years. Seriously, if people are still doing the "I won't vote because this isn't my perfect candidate!!" crap at this point, then they are basically opting out and saying they don't care who wins, it doesn't matter because "they're all the same".  I wish some people would get in their heads that there are no perfect candidates - every one has policies they will not be on board with, everyone's preferred candidates will end up having to compromise to some extent. In a "normal" election year this probably wouldn't matter as much, but right now? It matters a lot.

And speaking of un-preferred candidates my take on Clive Palmer was that he did a deal with the LNP to split the One Nation/fringe vote and direct his preferences to the LNP so the LNP would comfortably win seats - in return for some very interesting concessions. He spent a crapload on advertising across the nation to not win a seat - but he seems to have gotten preferential deals through in QLD and WA that have made him more money. That and it was a boost to his not-inconsequential ego to see his face everywhere. I'll be interested to see how his court case about state border closures goes though.

• Upvote 8

Good gravy:

Did they use the atomic clock?

• WTF 7
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, fraurosena said:

For the primary, my husband's ballot took six days to arrive after it was mailed. It would only take me a couple hours to walk to the office to pick it up myself. We hand delivered our completed ballots to a secure box at the clerk's office. For the general election, we are both all set to receive absentee ballots, so they should hopefully both arrive with plenty of time to spare. We plan to hand deliver the completed ones again.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Ali said:

We hand delivered our completed ballots to a secure box at the clerk's office.

We did this, too.  We also offered to deliver our neighbors' ballots next time to the secure ballot box if they are comfortable letting us do so.  At this point, I don't know what to expect from the postal service.

• Upvote 6

Biden has picked Kamala Harris!

Edited by fraurosena
posts merged, this news was more important
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 7

Biden's official announcement:

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

KAMALA!  Mother will have to change Pence's diaper after the debate.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I am surprised he picked a Senator, disrupting the balance in the Senate, but putting that aside, she is infinitely better than Pence.

• Upvote 3

@SassyPants, it all depends on how blue her seat is. I’m sure they will have taken that into account. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

And the idiot is still talking about making his acceptance speech at Gettysburg. What a kick in the bits for all of the brave Union soldiers who fought there to preserve our nation, having an idiot who has been outspoken at supporting Confederate monuments and flags giving an acceptance speech on that sacred ground.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I am surprised he picked a Senator, disrupting the balance in the Senate, but putting that aside, she is infinitely better than Pence.

Her interim replacement will be appointed by Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, and when actual voting happens, CA is fairly solid blue, so I'm assuming the replacement should be a Democrat.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Obama has weighed in:

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

52 minutes ago, Becky said:

I cannot wait for the VP debate!  *rubs hands together in glee*

That is, if Mother will let Pence be on the same stage as her.

• Haha 13

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic