IGNORED

Jerry Falwell Jr’s Zipper

Petronella

15 hours ago, Marmion said:

The situation with Falwell reminds me of the scandal that had surrounded then Sen. Gary Hart .  https://www.history.com/news/gary-hart-scandal-front-runner   We'll have to wait and see if this will likewise permanently discredit  Falwell . 

Except that Gary Hart did not expel students for doing what he did. Nor did he know the photo was being taken.  Nor did he post it himself.  Nor did he profess to be a more godly than god man.

Edited by gustava
more info
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how reliable this source is, but Jerry Falwell, Jr. is now saying that his wife *did* have an affair with the pool boy, which led to depression on his part and extortion attempts from the pool boy.

Jerry Falwell Jr., suspended as president of Virginia’s Christian-focused Liberty University after a string of embarrassing acts, today said that he has suffered depression caused by a former family friend who had an affair with his wife and has been threatening to expose it.

In a statement exclusively to Secrets, Falwell revealed his wife Becki’s affair for the first time, said it was short lived and that the two reconciled quickly.

But, they claimed, her former lover has threatened them over the past several years and they are done with it hanging over their heads.

“I’m just tired of it,” said Falwell of the anxiety he’s felt about the affair becoming public and embarrassing his family and Liberty. “It’s just got to end,” he added.

The link includes a statement allegedly from Falwell Jr.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Not sure how reliable this source is, but Jerry Falwell, Jr. is now saying that his wife *did* have an affair with the pool boy, which led to depression on his part and extortion attempts from the pool boy.

The link includes a statement allegedly from Falwell Jr.

The Examiner is a shitty D.C. paper, but it's very conservative, so if they're actually stating anything negative about Falwell I'm inclined to believe it's coming from a reliable source. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

On 8/22/2020 at 10:39 AM, stylites said:

I don’t even

Is he supposed to be showing how manly his crotch is? I don't know much about weight lifting but this looks like an injury waiting to happen. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, nausicaa said:

The Examiner is a shitty D.C. paper, but it's very conservative, so if they're actually stating anything negative about Falwell I'm inclined to believe it's coming from a reliable source. 

Yup.  He acknowledged it.  Other MSM have it.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Is he supposed to be showing how manly his crotch is? I don't know much about weight lifting but this looks like an injury waiting to happen. 

I know alot about lifting and the body building world (not myself but via a family member who is a part of it) and no, that is not a legit lift.  Not anywhere close.  He definitely made that up because he's gross.  And yes, he is risking a hernia and/or an injured back. Not that I care about him personally, but dont anyone else try that.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

This latest story is no surprise. Way back when the story about the pool boy and the real estate deal became public, I was guessing he had some sort of embarrassing information about the Falwells. It wouldn't surprise me if the affair was actually with Jerry instead of Becki, but that's nothing more than speculation on my part.

Edited by turquoise
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, turquoise said:

This latest story is no surprise. Way back when the story about the pool boy and the real estate deal became public, I was guessing he had some sort of embarrassing information about the Falwells. It wouldn't surprise me if the affair was actually with Jerry instead of Becki, but that's nothing more than speculation on my part.

There is speculation that there are photos of a threesome between Falwell Jr, his wife, and his pool boy. Cohen, Donald Trump's former personal lawyer, apparently stated that he had been involved in obtaining them to prevent publication. Of course, Cohen has demonstrably lied on multiple occasions, as has everyone else in this sordid affair.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

There is speculation that there are photos of a threesome between Falwell Jr, his wife, and his pool boy. Cohen, Donald Trump's former personal lawyer, apparently stated that he had been involved in obtaining them to prevent publication. Of course, Cohen has demonstrably lied on multiple occasions, as has everyone else in this sordid affair.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/513354-jerry-falwell-says-he-was-being-blackmailed-over-wifes-affair

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

It gets to a point when you can't dig yourself out of a hole, and I think Jerry's starting to realize that he's there.  It's easy to spin adultery, fundy men do it constantly.  However, anything perverse, like a threesome or being a voyeur, is much much harder to explain away. 

This is going to be mega damaging to Liberty U and there's flop sweat, desperation and massive amounts of cash being paid to a PR firm to come up with a damage control strategy for the school. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Welp, the pool boy is talking to Reuters & showing receipts.

Giancarlo Granda says he was 20 when he met Jerry and Becki Falwell while working as a pool attendant at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel in March 2012. Starting that month and continuing into 2018, Granda told Reuters that the relationship involved him having sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell looked on.

Granda showed Reuters emails, text messages and other evidence that he says demonstrate the sexual nature of his relationship with the couple, who have been married since 1987. “Becki and I developed an intimate relationship and Jerry enjoyed watching from the corner of the room,” Granda said in an interview. Now 29, he described the liaisons as frequent – “multiple times per year” – and said the encounters took place at hotels in Miami and New York, and at the Falwells’ home in Virginia.

Thinking it's time for major IRS & VA tax audits to look into Liberty's financials. 

Then there's this:

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

“Dad’s pranks bordered on cruelty”?! BORDERED ON CRUELTY?!? That’s pure EVIL and there’s nothing questionable about that cruelty! That’s reprehensible! HOW THE FUCK WAS THAT QUESTIONABLE?!

I hugged my cat after reading that and will continue treating him with the care and respect he deserves as another living being! 

Edited by Giraffe
Still yelling
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, forgetmenow said:

According to the "pool boy" ol' Jerry liked to watch:

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-falwell-relationship/

As in all fucked up patriarchies he demonstrate their “women and children first” ideology is really that they are the first to throw under the bus.

again,  I am zero percent surprised.

• Upvote 21

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Pelvis has left the building.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, stylites said:

With parents like these:

That technically is his grandparent.  I would not go so far as to say Sr. is my pet fundie because I think he was reprehensible and caused the deaths of gay and trans young men and women.  and he is clearly effed up when he calls it a prank, but Sr did not do the actual thing, it was his father.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Yes, the Reuters story that said Cohen allegedly fixed it for them and then helped them endorse Trump. Apparently there was tape. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-politics-falwell-exclusive/exclusive-trump-fixer-cohen-says-he-helped-falwell-handle-racy-photos-idUSKCN1SD2JG

What gets me is that Liberty could have avoided all of this is they'd appointed someone who was not doing all of this to be head of their conservative institution. And it's awful that he threw his own wife under the bus.

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Just now, seraaa said:

Yes, the Reuters story that said Cohen allegedly fixed it for them and then helped them endorse Trump. Apparently there was tape. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-politics-falwell-exclusive/exclusive-trump-fixer-cohen-says-he-helped-falwell-handle-racy-photos-idUSKCN1SD2JG

What gets me is that Liberty could have avoided all of this is they'd appointed someone who was not doing all of the to be head of their conservative institution.

His other son would have been a much much better choice,  like not great, because the theology is toxic, but better

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jerry Falwell Jr’s Zipper