IGNORED

8 Passengers: Youtuber's Take Son's Bed and Refuse to Give Daughter Lunch

Glasgowghirl

Its interesting that dad hasn't been given the kids back.  They're all still in CPS custody not with dad or with an adult sibling.  That's a rather large red flag.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

57 minutes ago, imokit said:

Its interesting that dad hasn't been given the kids back.  They're all still in CPS custody not with dad or with an adult sibling.  That's a rather large red flag.

I hope he has to do some parenting classes and proves he can parent the kids without extreme punishments. Because he was totally fine with taking away chads bed for months, sending him to a horrible troubled teen program, and letting his daughter go without lunch when she was in kindergarten. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

4 hours ago, imokit said:

And, IIRC, he hadn’t even had any contact with them for over a year.

• Upvote 2

On 3/5/2024 at 11:12 AM, CTRLZero said:

Just because I’m snoopy, I’d love to know what Jessi’s family, particularly parents, think about Jodi now.  Does Jessi’s dad share any of Jodi’s characteristics, etc.  

Jessi seems to have carefully avoided any deep discussion of her relationship with her parents, who sent their naive teen daughter to "Aunt Jodi" to "fix".  I truly hope they haven't disowned her.

• Upvote 6

I listened to most of Jessi's "How I Healed from Aunt Jodi" interview on Mormon Stories podcast.  She finally decided to cut off her parents (who have not supported her in any way) a year or two ago.  They have not been in contact since Jodi was arrested and everything came out about the abuse of the Franke children and Jessi's sharing her own abuse by Jodi. 

Jessi still has nightmares about Jodi multiple times a week; she'll likely be dealing with some manifestation of complex trauma for the foreseeable future.  Fortunately she's found some excellent therapists (and encountered some not so good).  The modalities she found most beneficial are Internal Family Systems and somatic therapy. 

The upside is that she has received so much support from people who are now familiar with her story.  She's a tattoo artist in the Seattle area; some who have heard her story came in for a tattoo! 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 10

On 3/13/2024 at 3:53 PM, Howl said:

I listened to most of Jessi's "How I Healed from Aunt Jodi" interview on Mormon Stories podcast.  She finally decided to cut off her parents (who have not supported her in any way) a year or two ago.  They have not been in contact since Jodi was arrested and everything came out about the abuse of the Franke children and Jessi's sharing her own abuse by Jodi. 

Jessi still has nightmares about Jodi multiple times a week; she'll likely be dealing with some manifestation of complex trauma for the foreseeable future.  Fortunately she's found some excellent therapists (and encountered some not so good).  The modalities she found most beneficial are Internal Family Systems and somatic therapy. 

The upside is that she has received so much support from people who are now familiar with her story.  She's a tattoo artist in the Seattle area; some who have heard her story came in for a tattoo! 

I have never had or wanted a tattoo. If I’m ever in Seattle ( def on bucket list), I will go and have a wee one just to support Jesse. She is such a strong young lady. I hope at some point when R and E are adults she is able to contact them and advise what therapy has worked for her. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

On 3/14/2024 at 10:27 AM, Gobsmacked said:

She is such a strong young lady. I hope at some point when R and E are adults she is able to contact them and advise what therapy has worked for her. 

Jessi will start on-line college courses soon and  is very interested in becoming a therapist. 

She noted that being a tattoo artist is an hours-long, very intimate and somewhat painful process with a customer. They often open up about all sorts of personal things during that time, so it seems that she's already an informal therapist of sorts. 

On 3/14/2024 at 10:27 AM, Gobsmacked said:

I have never had or wanted a tattoo. If I’m ever in Seattle ( def on bucket list), I will go and have a wee one just to support Jesse.

Any thoughts on a design?  So you have a spirit insect? 

• Upvote 4

I’m absolutely not scolding anyone or being hand slappy. I make this mistake all the time. But Jessi prefers “they/them” pronouns although Jessi does present in a way that the public at large would assume feminine. I’m betting Jessi gets it all the time. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Thanks, I had forgotten that completely and it's too late to edit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Photos from the Franke - Hildebrant case are now public. This link has photos but the graphic photos of child torture can be found elsewhere. This article does have descriptions of the torture, including requiring the injured victim to stand outside in the desert on his birthday in July.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/new-video-photos-ruby-frankes-son-reveal-disturbing/story?id=108256413

Trigger warning for screenshot in spoiler: silhouette of a very thin child:

Spoiler

image.png.a48544d0576aa34e91251d63d8fce797.png

In a journal entry, shortly before the victim escaped, Ruby wrote:

In July 2023, Franke writes, "It's [R's] birthday & he doesn't even know what month it is." She continues on a later page: "I told [R] that he needs God. I invited him to fast & pray."

Another quote from the article:

But the neighbor's Ring camera video reveals R did not think he was about to be free. In fact, he expected to be taken to jail.

When the elderly homeowner opens his door, R asks him for a favor: "Can you lead me to the nearest police station?"

Investigators told "20/20" they believe that R asked this not so he could receive help, but rather so he could complete the repentance process that his mother and Hildebrandt told him was required to absolve his sins.

Evidently, Ruby kept a neat journal of all of the torture. No wonder the two **expletive deleted** pled out.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 11

8 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Photos from the Franke - Hildebrant case are now public. This link has photos but the graphic photos of child torture can be found elsewhere. This article does have descriptions of the torture, including requiring the injured victim to stand outside in the desert on his birthday in July.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/new-video-photos-ruby-frankes-son-reveal-disturbing/story?id=108256413

Trigger warning for screenshot in spoiler: silhouette of a very thin child:

Hide contents

image.png.a48544d0576aa34e91251d63d8fce797.png

In a journal entry, shortly before the victim escaped, Ruby wrote:

Another quote from the article:

Evidently, Ruby kept a neat journal of all of the torture. No wonder the two **expletive deleted** pled out.

It honestly goes to show that she thought what she was doing was for their benefit. I honestly think she thought she was helping them by torturing them. This is not an excuse. She’s where she should be. In prison. But if she thought what she was doing was wrong, I doubt she would have kept a detailed journal. I do believe she thought the outside world would think it was wrong though. I think she was that aware. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 7

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly think she thought she was helping them by torturing them. This is not an excuse. She’s where she should be. In prison.

I had some very very slight sympathy for Ruby originally, thinking she was brainwashed by Jodi H and would get a lesser sentence.  No more.  I think Jodi seized on Ruby's nascent penchant for cruelty and amplified it.  Scary that Jodi and Ruby were looking at remote property in AZ to carry out further torture in seclusion.  **** both of these sadistic evil child torturers.  

Had the son not escaped, I do think that they would have eventually killed both kids.

One scenario: Weakened condition from no food or water, not temps, dehydration, kidney failure or just starvation. 

But if she thought what she was doing was wrong, I doubt she would have kept a detailed journal. I do believe she thought the outside world would think it was wrong though. I think she was that aware. 

I suspect Jodi directed Ruby to keep a journal.  In excerpts from that journal, Ruby was in distress when the son escaped the first time, and they were driving around at night desperately praying that they would find him before anyone else did. She knew the outside world would condemn her if they knew. 

I now hope Ruby gets the absolute maximum sentence in prison.  Once the Pardons and Parole people get a hold of that diary and see photos and video of the results of that abuse,  I think they will show no mercy, even though Ruby claims to have renounced her beliefs with the help of a Mormon bishop and she's really, REALLY sorry about everything. 

This demon possession crap is rampant in some fundamentalist Chistian circles and obviously in some strains of Mormonism.  It's terrifying because it can lead to outcomes like this.   

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Howl said:

This demon possession crap is rampant in some fundamentalist Chistian circles and obviously in some strains of Mormonism.  It's terrifying because it can lead to outcomes like this. 

Yes,  like the Vallow-Daybell murder cases. 

I used to think that Chad & Lori were cynically using Mormon fringe theology to control others for personal gain but after reading this book I think they - and their erstwhile minions like Alex - really believed that shite.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Oh dear God! E was in the room with that safe door on it. Because I’m watching a lawn crime daily video mostly of Jody, standing outside with an officer, and she claims not to have the code for the safe door.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 2

I was wrong on me being in the room with the safe door. Because they finally got in, but they did find evidence inside.

• Thank You 3

I am watching body cam footage of Hildebrant when they were searching her house for the second victim. I swear you can see the little wheels turning as she tries to figure out how to spin things.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

I just watched the ring cam video of R.  

And they’ve released a video (Law & Crime, YouTube) of E.  Found in Jodi’s bathroom.   In the E video one of the EMTs is heard saying she’s going to cry.  

I’m not going to link those because those are more upsetting/disturbing.  

• Sad 5

On 3/18/2024 at 5:07 PM, Howl said:

Jessi will start on-line college courses soon and  is very interested in becoming a therapist. 

She noted that being a tattoo artist is an hours-long, very intimate and somewhat painful process with a customer. They often open up about all sorts of personal things during that time, so it seems that she's already an informal therapist of sorts. 

Any thoughts on a design?  So you have a spirit insect? 

A small sprig of violets for my Late auntie snd late MIL both named Violet. 

• Love 6

And there’s a video with Law and Crime going over bits of Ruby’s diary.  

They shaved E’s head as punishment.

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 1

This is a call between Ruby and Kevin soon after Ruby was arrested. 

Remember that Ruby and Kevin have had contact only once or twice over the previous year; Kevin was living separately in a small apartment. 

Apparently, Ruby doesn't realize that her and Jodi's arrests are being heavily covered by MSM.   

Ruby calls it a witch hunt ("It's being going on for years!") and thinks it ridiculous that the kids were taken to a hospital, "so unecessary".  

Kevin obviously doesn't know what's been done to the kids yet.  

But towards the end, Ruby is talking about how kids can be evil, and says that Kevin knows about that. Damn creepy.  If you watch the video, there will be a loud static sound -- I think it's the system indicating that the allowable time has been exceeded.  Just keep listening and the audio will come back. 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 11

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Remember that Ruby and Kevin have had contact only once or twice over the previous year; Kevin was living separately in a small apartment. 

Apparently, Ruby doesn't realize that her and Jodi's arrests are being heavily covered by MSM.   

Ruby calls it a witch hunt ("It's being going on for years!") and thinks it ridiculous that the kids were taken to a hospital, "so unecessary".  

But towards the end, Ruby is talking about how kids can be evil, and says that Kevin knows about that. Damn creepy.  If you watch the video, there will be a loud static sound -- I think it's the system indicating that the allowable time has been exceeded.  Just keep listening and the audio will come back. 

I listened to the follow up conversation that Kevin had after he started coming out of the cultic fog. I think his lawyer was present, and the police just let him say his piece. He was quite organized chronologically, and even showed signs of self-deprecating sense of humor at times.

What he described was classic grooming behavior by an abuser, in my opinion. He thought it was crazy at first, but went along to please his wife Ruby, who seems like she might have been the dominant personality in their relationship. Whether Ruby was coached to do it by Jody, or it was something she had learned to do on her own, Ruby used giving and withholding sex to keep him in line. The separation was requested by Ruby and he went along with it to "earn his way back" into the cult.

It is always perplexing when someone who is intelligent and educated makes such horrible decisions and is so easily manipulated. (And yes, I've known people with advanced degrees that shouldn't be let out in public without a keeper.)  However, the abusive menage a trois had long passed the point where 99.99% of people would have said: "I am getting a lawyer."  (At one point, when Kevin was still in the household, Ruby slept with Jody to take care of her.)

According to the abcnews report, the youngest two victims are in foster care and doing well.  I had wondered about why Kevin wasn't given custody, but after listening to his account of what happened, I can see why the CPS would be reluctant to involve someone who can't even look after his own best interests, let alone those of two children who have survived horrific abuse.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

13 hours ago, Howl said:

Ruby knew exactly where Abby and Julie were found. She rang and asked Pam Botcher to pick them both up from the leisure centre they were both working in.  

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

I highly recommend the recent Mormon Stories episode about Visions of Glory. This book largely influenced Chad daybell crowd, Tim Ballard, and Jodi hildebrant among others. 

The combo of spirit world / apocalypse belief and personal revelation legitimacy in LDS continues to cause so much harm. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It honestly goes to show that she thought what she was doing was for their benefit. I honestly think she thought she was helping them by torturing them. This is not an excuse. She’s where she should be. In prison. But if she thought what she was doing was wrong, I doubt she would have kept a detailed journal. I do believe she thought the outside world would think it was wrong though. I think she was that aware. 

The Nazis kept thorough records of their actions throughout the war. Evil just pure evil. I think Ruby’s court speech was pure manipulation, she isn’t a stupid woman. She and Jodie were looking for land in Arizona to build on. Were they going to hide the kids further from the world??

If so then Ruby knew fine well what she was doing. I hope she receives the fullest sentence possible. Kevin should never gain custody either. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic