IGNORED

8 Passengers: Youtuber's Take Son's Bed and Refuse to Give Daughter Lunch

Glasgowghirl

22 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

The Nazis kept thorough records of their actions throughout the war. Evil just pure evil. I think Ruby’s court speech was pure manipulation, she isn’t a stupid woman. She and Jodie were looking for land in Arizona to build on. Were they going to hide the kids further from the world??

If so then Ruby knew fine well what she was doing. I hope she receives the fullest sentence possible. Kevin should never gain custody either. 

I think a lot of the nazis actually believed what they were doing was right as well. I think people lie to themselves, compartmentalize, or live in denial in order to keep doing horrible things. Again, this isn’t an excuse. Ruby is where she should be. But just dismissing people as evil doesn’t really help when trying to understand why people do the horrible things they do. And that way we may be able to avoid it in the future. 

• Upvote 9

You know you could tell she was not a good person just watching her own vlogs, she came across as a controlling narcissistic mother. But still when all of this came out and specially all the information about Jodi i really wanted to believe that she was brainwashed and manipulated by her, that it was not possible that a mother would treat her children that she seemingly cared about this bad out of the blue.

And while it is clear that Jodi is a cult leader wannabe that manipulated others for pleasure and economical gain, i have to say that reading the diary and watching those pictures i now think i was deluding myself, Ruby really is an evil sociopath that enjoyed torturing her children. Jodi did give her a justification for it, but i now dont think it would have scalated to this extreme without Ruby being involved.

Its kinda crazy to think i used to watch the videos of a person capable of this.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

I highly recommend the recent Mormon Stories episode about Visions of Glory. This book largely influenced Chad daybell crowd, Tim Ballard, and Jodi hildebrant among others. 

The combo of spirit world / apocalypse belief and personal revelation legitimacy in LDS continues to cause so much harm. 

Based on the video, I watched this morning from Long crime that among other things had excerpts from a jail phone call with Jody and I’m not quite sure who perhaps her lawyer I’m going to second this because yeah, she’s deep down the apocalyptic rabbit hole.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I know Kevin was duped by Jodi, but not seeing his children for over a year didn’t raise red flags?  Also, did anyone catch the interview where he claimed weird things happened when Jodi was around (I.e., poltergeist stuff).  I think it was on Law & Crime, but I’ve been looking at lots of clips.  It’s all so bad. 

• Upvote 7

McKay and Jordan did a just shy of five hour live last night. I’m slowly waiting my way through it now breaks will be required. They go through some of the journal entries.

It looks like Jody wanted to sell her house by property in Utah so that the kids would have someplace to go work. I’m absolutely horrified at this thought.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I know Kevin was duped by Jodi, but not seeing his children for over a year didn’t raise red flags?  Also, did anyone catch the interview where he claimed weird things happened when Jodi was around (I.e., poltergeist stuff).  I think it was on Law & Crime, but I’ve been looking at lots of clips.  It’s all so bad. 

I wonder if Jodi was using the techniques of some of the old spiritualist mediums. They could really put on a show, and seemed to find an endless array of gullible people who were desperate to speak with their dearly departed ones.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

I wonder if Jodi was using the techniques of some of the old spiritualist mediums. They could really put on a show, and seemed to find an endless array of gullible people who were desperate to speak with their dearly departed ones.

I have read that spiritualism always seemed to get big in history after wars or extreme loss of life like a pandemic. Because people could not stand losing so many if their loved ones and needed a way to talk to them. So like after the civil war and WW1.

• Upvote 8

20/20 did a complete episode Friday night.  They did their homework. It’s on Hulu.  TW because they DO show photos of wounds. Adam & Jesse are both interviewed.  

• Thank You 6

Hidden True Crime posted audio clips of Kevin.  The whole thing is interesting, especially starting around the 15 minute mark.  The “poltergeist” activity starts around minute 19-20.  There are mentions of trances, hallucinations, and other culty weirdness.  Hidden True Crime - Kevin Franke audio clips

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

I just finished the 20/20 episode.  

In addition to everything else, Jodi moved in and lived with Kevin and Ruby while she was their "marriage counselor".  So, for example, wedding anniversary?  Kevin, Ruby, and Jodi went out for dinner.  

I'm not sure how long that went on before Kevin got exiled from the family and went to live in a little apartment on his own with no family contact.  

I saw photos of the ghastly wounds on R's little legs, they were large and all the way to the bone or very close.  Just horrifying. 

And yes, the prosecutor believed that if this had gone on that the kids would have died. 

One of the prosecutors said there was a hope that Ruby could be rehabilitated at some point.  

Hopefully Ruby and Jodi will be incarcerated (20 years?) until the kids are adults who can cope with them being released from prison. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

Apparently Kevin’s second interview with the police is where he really opened up - and confirms a lot of the speculation on the internet re Kevin moving out rumors. ( 1:51:00 on Jordan and McKay should put you there after their technical issues with really soft audio and no captions on the video)

also, from Jordan and Mckay’s livestream during the review of the journal, there is reference to J in the passages.  No mention of abuse.  But there was mention of J being with Jodi on the trip to look at Arizona land.  And an A mention toward the end.  A had given notice at her job and the entries sounded like they were getting ready to move to an RV on the land.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Oh!  Part 4 of Kevin’s second police interview, after a discussion of what happened to a bag of $85k in cash at the Ivan’s house ( apparently taken from the children’s savings account, as well as Kevin and Ruby accounts) it is revealed that Chad at age 17, was paying for his therapy on top of his own rent from his lifeguard job at Jodi‘s instruction.

• Upvote 7
  • Angry 3

I’ve moved on to Hidden True Crime’s 2+ hour live from I believe yesterday.  

And, there is an apparently missing piece of potential evidence.  “The Pen Papers”

This is brought up in Kevin’s second interview.  Jodi’s revelations (from “Spirit” I presume) and recorded by Ruby.  And yes, I want to know what kind of strange ramblings are in them.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, clueliss said:

from Jordan and Mckay’s livestream during the review of the journal, there is reference to J in the passages.  No mention of abuse.  But there was mention of J being with Jodi on the trip to look at Arizona land.  And an A mention toward the end.  A had given notice at her job and the entries sounded like they were getting ready to move to an RV on the land.

J and A are the two middle daughters? 

R is a huge hero to fight to escape. I think he knew by that time that he and his sister would die if they didn't get away.  He was able to get to a neighbor,  save his and his sister lives, and in the process exposing Ruby and Jodi as monstrous entities and short circuiting the Arizona plan.  

• Upvote 11

@Howl, yes.  

Birth order: Shari, Chad, A, J, R & E

• Thank You 4

Most of the circulating photos show R's taped wrists and ankles and that's bad enough, but the pics of the lacerations and sores that lie underneath are horrific, which is why they aren't being shown on most sites. Same with Ruby's journal. Some of the entries detail abuse so disturbing that it's not being quoted in mainstream media. With all this documentation, I cannot imagine that Jodi or Ruby could serve only a minimum of 4 years, no matter how much either professes remorse. Please, please, please let them be incarcerated at least until E is 18 at the minimum.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

R is a huge hero to fight to escape. I think he knew by that time that he and his sister would die if they didn't get away.  He was able to get to a neighbor,  save his and his sister lives, and in the process exposing Ruby and Jodi as monstrous entities and short circuiting the Arizona plan. 

They for sure wouldn't have lived. Ruby had plans for them to be kicked by horses and thrown into cacti. She and Jodi wanted those children far away from outside interference.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1

@waltrauteyour thoughts about them being held until E is at least 18 was basically echo on the 2020 episode by the prosecuting attorney who said that they both need to be held until at least both children are 18 and of an age where they can mentally handle the fact that those two are free.

also, given that I watched the majority of the five hours of Jordan and McKay live from Friday night McKay said more than once that people should not go seeking the photos that were released from the pile of evidence put out. He said that he has been desensitized too disturbing photos because of the type of music he listens to and they were difficult for him to see.  And that comment reminded me of my mother. My mom was born in 1932 and had vivid memories of newsreel coverage of concentration camp victims from World War II as a result she never wanted to see anything related to World War III when my sister and I was growing up.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4

11 minutes ago, waltraute said:

Most of the circulating photos show R's taped wrists and ankles and that's bad enough, but the pics of the lacerations and sores that lie underneath are horrific, which is why they aren't being shown on most sites. Same with Ruby's journal. Some of the entries detail abuse so disturbing that it's not being quoted in mainstream media. With all this documentation, I cannot imagine that Jodi or Ruby could serve only a minimum of 4 years, no matter how much either professes remorse. Please, please, please let them be incarcerated at least until E is 18 at the minimum.

They for sure wouldn't have lived. Ruby had plans for them to be kicked by horses and thrown into cacti. She and Jodi wanted those children far away from outside interference.

Yes: I think the materials released were very carefully calculated to support both a legal and political agenda. In the telephone calls, both women were saying that the children's injuries were being exaggerated and that authorities were interfering with parental rights to discipline children. The photos show that the torture of the children went far beyond "Tough Love" or "Natural Consequences" or "Blanket training" or whatever the current authoritarian buzz words are for attempting to normalize child abuse. Since there was a not a trial, and both women pled out, if the photos had not been released, there was too much potential for conspiracy theorists to say that the abusers had been railroaded. I imagine that there were attempts to protect the children via redaction: since I expect that redacted materials contained stuff like forced confessions. After reading descriptions of the diary, I expect it was a hard call for the prosecutors to make any concessions at all in the plea bargaining: I do not think that Ruby was brainwashed, and am quite dubious about her stated remorse and acceptance of culpability.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

One of the most chilling parts of the 20/20 episode: Ruby telling Keith that the children’s admission to the hospital was “so unnecessary” and that she was the object of a “witch hunt.”

And Jodi’s insistence that R’s horrifying injuries were “self-inflicted.”

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, clueliss said:

also, given that I watched the majority of the five hours of Jordan and McKay live from Friday night McKay said more than once that people should not go seeking the photos that were released from the pile of evidence put out. He said that he has been desensitized too disturbing photos because of the type of music he listens to and they were difficult for him to see.  And that comment reminded me of my mother. My mom was born in 1932 and had vivid memories of newsreel coverage of concentration camp victims from World War II as a result she never wanted to see anything related to World War III when my sister and I was growing up.

The journal entries hit the same way. We've all heard about the abuses in the sun and the withholding of food and water, but I stumbled onto a Twitter thread with a more comprehensive list of entries and had to nope right out. It's no wonder that only selections from that journal are being posted. 

I believe @FiveAcres is correct. The documents that have been released show the magnitude of what was done to those children. No one can dismiss Jodi and Ruby's actions as discipline that got out of hand. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

On 3/23/2024 at 8:47 PM, clueliss said:

Oh!  Part 4 of Kevin’s second police interview, after a discussion of what happened to a bag of $85k in cash at the Ivan’s house ( apparently taken from the children’s savings account, as well as Kevin and Ruby accounts) it is revealed that Chad at age 17, was paying for his therapy on top of his own rent from his lifeguard job at Jodi‘s instruction.

I remember how Shari shared that her college savings had been “stolen” and people speculated it was Ruby. Makes perfect sense after hearing this.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

That was before all this weirdness went down. However, I believe I read somewhere just not sure where that indeed her parents took the money. And the speculation at least over in the Reddit arena is that Ruby was trying to prevent Shari from using her savings and her own money to go to school at I believe it was Boston College that she liked on the East Coast. By taking the money she was forced to go to BYU, which is where Ruby wanted her to go.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

On 3/23/2024 at 2:35 PM, FiveAcres said:

There is random speculation floating about online that drugs could have been involved in Kevin's experiences.   Psilocybin, cannabis, peyote, LSD, MDMA are all hallucinogenic, and I won't share how I know this. I wonder if Jodi had access to ketamine through an MD. 

Cannabis is legal in Arizona and Nevada, just across the border from Utah, but cannabis is not hallucinogenic. 

13 hours ago, Hane said:

One of the most chilling parts of the 20/20 episode: Ruby telling Keith that the children’s admission to the hospital was “so unnecessary”...And Jodi’s insistence that R’s horrifying injuries were “self-inflicted.”

This is another reason why I think both kids would have died,  their bodies gradually shuting down from starvation and dehydration.  I'm still amazed that R could get over to the neighbor's house and be coherent enough to ask for help. 

• Upvote 10

Didn’t Tim Ballard of Sound of Freedom notoriety take ketamine?  He also used a psychic, had visions ala Visions of Glory by Thom Harrison, and had some sort of tie to Jodi Hildebrandt.  I think he’s now hanging out with the Mar a Lago crowd, unfortunately, but hopefully something will come from all the lawsuits against him.

Anyway, just wanted to emphasize how much harm is being done by this particular interconnected circle.  Here is a link to a post courtesy of @JermajestyDuggar which shows the mindset. 

• Thank You 2

I hope the police is looking into Pam. Pretty crazy to thing she has been involved from the beginning (Jessi already mentions her) and she managed to come out unscathed from this. Also its clear she was around those kids and in that house. She had to know they were being tortured and see them being skeletal, not reporting abuse is also a crime.

Another interesting question is what has happened to all connexion followers now?? For what Kevin says it sounds like there were a lot of other members. Have they all realized they were in a cult? are they following Pam now as the only leader not in jail? is Jodi still getting visions and revelations in prison and comunicating with her followers a la Warren Jeffs? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic