IGNORED

8 Passengers: Youtuber's Take Son's Bed and Refuse to Give Daughter Lunch

Glasgowghirl

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

FYI there are 2 people in the car with her, likely 2 of her kids ( at 4 am)

The timeline is so interesting.  I wonder how long the two children were tied up/confined in the basement?  Were they already being abused when the traffic stop happened?  So many horrible adults in this story. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

My opinion is that the children in the car were the two older girls in their teens. I’m guessing that the little ones were at Jodi’s being mistreated and malnourished when this speeding ticket happened. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

On 11/18/2023 at 6:38 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My opinion is that the children in the car were the two older girls in their teens. I’m guessing that the little ones were at Jodi’s being mistreated and malnourished when this speeding ticket happened. 

Was Ruby travelling to or from Jodie’s when she was stopped? I can’t work it out from the reports. If she was travelling home from Jodie’s then I think she was taking Abby and Julie home to go the work st the recreation centre the following day. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

Was Ruby travelling to or from Jodie’s when she was stopped? I can’t work it out from the reports. If she was travelling home from Jodie’s then I think she was taking Abby and Julie home to go the work st the recreation centre the following day. 

I’m honestly not sure. It was 4:30am! Why was she driving at that time? 

• Upvote 3

I’m over here low key hoping Ruby gets more than her fair share of air trays while she’s in the clink. And if she complains, I hope the guards callously tell her “You don’t need food.” Direct quotation from an 8 Passengers video of the same thing she said to one of her kids who she refused to feed. 

Also kinda hope the others throw her a blanket party. At least once.

Racing in with the video barely started.  Law & Crime Daily post from roughly 28 minutes ago.  Video under the spoiler.

Kevin filed for divorce!

Spoiler

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

32 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Racing in with the video barely started.  Law & Crime Daily post from roughly 28 minutes ago.  Video under the spoiler.

Kevin filed for divorce!

Hide contents

That’s a step in the right direction. However I still don’t trust him to parent the 4 youngest kids without major oversight. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

Law and Crime Daily posted a sidebar episode on the upcoming Waiver hearings.  They discuss that it is possible the whole thing could get wrapped up in a single hearing.  Also, the waiver sounds like the initial hearing is being waived.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Jordan and McKay went live last night regarding the statement from Ruby’s attorney and the upcoming plea deal hearing 

• Upvote 3

Law and Crime Daily did an analysis on the upcoming hearing (and is only 16 minutes compared to the hour and a half Jordan and McKay).  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Multiple Reddit posts saying Ruby’s plea deal was accepted by the court.  Sentencing on Feb 20

• Thank You 4

This is far worse than anything I could ever have imagined.  

Cut and pasted from a Websleuth poster:   

"The plea agreement states that Franke will serve a prison term and that her sentences for each of the four felony convictions will be served consecutively, meaning one after the other. She is also required to testify against her co-defendant in the case, Jodi Hildebrandt." 

from the plea document (again, posted by the same Websleuther).  Under a spoiler because of descriptions of physical (not sexual) abuse: 

Spoiler

Specific instances of abuse committed by the defendant include (1) kicking RF while wearing boots, (2) holding his head underwater, and (3) cutting off oxygen by placing her hands over his mouth and nose.

(Count2) The actions described above caused severe emotion harm to RF due to the fact that they began in May and escalated throughout the summer months. Additionally, the defendant and another adult regularly sought to indoctrinate RF and convince him that he was evil and possessed. And that he needed to willingly be obedient to avoid punishments. And that the punishments were necessary to repent. He was also told that everything that was being done to him were acts of love.

Count 3) The defendant’ actions also caused severe emotional harm to EF. Other than binding and the specific instances of abuse RF was subjected to, EF was subjected to the same treatment as her brother: she was isolated and forced to do the physical tasks, remain outside, and denied food and water. She was also repeatedly told she was evil and possessed, the punishments were necessary for her to be obedient and to repent, and these things were being done to her in order to help her. EF was convinced that she was evil and needed to go through these things in order to repent.

(Count 4) The defendant's actions caused two or more physical injuries to EF. She was forced to work outside in the heat barefoot. She was also forced to run barefoot on dirt roads for an extended period of time. EF’s feet were repeatedly injured by, and she was repeatedly sunburned. When examined on August 30, these wounds were apparent by scabs, blisters, and sloughing skin.

• Sad 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 8

I found and article on today's hearing.  Yes, I'm aware this is fixed news.  (Bit I work with doors who read it and I browse headlines to see what sort of idiocy is being promoted to them).

https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-mommy-blogger-ruby-franke-pleads-guilty-4-counts-aggravated-child-abuse

I tried to copy paste the whole article so that those of you who just buys the site can avoid actually going there. It's under the spoiler.

Spoiler

Utah mommy blogger Ruby Franke pleads guilty to 4 counts of aggravated child abuse

Franke said she pleaded guilty 'with my deepest regret and sorrow for my family and my children'

By Audrey Conklin Fox News

Published December 18, 2023 2:03pm EST

Ruby Franke enters plea deal

Utah parenting blogger Ruby Franke on Monday pleaded guilty to four counts of aggravated child abuse.

Ruby Franke, the Utah parenting blogger accused of abusing her six children with her blogging co-host — and co-defendant — Jodi Hildebrandt, appeared in court on Monday and entered a plea deal.

Franke, 41, pleaded guilty to four of six counts of second-degree aggravated child abuse in a St. George courtroom. 

"With my deepest regret and sorrow for my family and my children, guilty," Franke said when the judge asked how she pleaded to the last and sixth count of second-degree child abuse. 

Franke and Hildebrandt, 45, who together ran a parenting and lifestyle YouTube channel, were each charged with six counts of child abuse in September after police rescued two of Franke's children, who appeared malnourished and neglected, from Hildebrandt's home Aug. 30.

YOUTUBE MOMMY BLOGGERS ARRESTED ON ALLEGATIONS OF CHILD ABUSE: ‘FINALLY’

Ruby Franke, 41, pleaded guilty to four of six counts of second-degree aggravated child abuse in a St. George courtroom. (Sheldon Demke/ St. George News/ Pool)

The first count involved the physical abuse of one child, who was "forced to do physical tasks for hours and days at a time," including wall-sits, carrying boxes full of books up and down stairs, and outdoor work without shoes, according to court documents filed Monday. 

"He was forced to stand in direct sunlight for several days. He was forced to remain outside at all hours of the day and night for extended periods of time. These actions resulted in repeated and serious sunburns with blistered and sloughing skin," court documents state, adding that the child was also denied sufficient food and water.

911 CALL REVEALS SHOCK OF UTAH MOMMY BLOGGERS' ALLEGED CHILD ABUSE: ‘SHE’S A BAD LADY'

The charges against Franke detailed the physical and emotional abuse of two of her six children. (Sheldon Demke/St. George News/Pool)

After the child attempted to "run away in July, his hands and feet were regularly bound."

MOMMY BLOGGER SUSPECTED OF CHILD ABUSE MADE VIDEO ABOUT WITHHOLDING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

"Binding included being tied to the defendant and to weights. Many times, the binding included using two sets of handcuffs, one on [the child's] wrists and one on his ankles. At times, with [the child] lying on his stomach, ropes were used to tie the two sets of handcuffs together so that his arms and lower legs were lifted off the ground," the documents say.

Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrandt, who together ran a parenting and lifestyle YouTube channel, were each charged with six counts of child abuse in September after police rescued two of Franke's children, who appeared malnourished and neglected, from Hildebrandt's home Aug. 30. (Moms of Truth/Instagram)

The second count involves the severe emotional harm inflicted upon that child.

RUBY FRANKE'S HUSBAND WANTED OLDEST DAUGHTER CHARGED WITH BURGLARY AFTER MOTHER'S ARREST

Franke and "another adult" tried to convince the child that he was evil and possessed and "needed to willingly be obedient to avoid punishments."

Blogger Ruby Franke is facing two counts of child abuse following an Aug. 30 incident in Utah. (Instagram/moms_of_truth)

"He was also told that everything that was being done to him were acts of love," the documents state.

The third and fourth counts involve the severe emotional harm inflicted by another child, who was "subjected to the same treatment as her brother: she was isolated and forced to do physical tasks, remain outside, and denied food and water."

Franke and the other adult also sought to convince the second child mentioned in the documents that she was evil and possessed and needed to be punished. She was also forced to "run barefoot on dirt roads for an extended period of time."

Jodi Hildebrandt (right) and Ruby Franke (left) ran a joint lifestyle and parenting YouTube page called ConneXions Classrooms. (Instagram/ConneXionsCoaching)

Franke's sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 20. As part of her plea agreement, she will testify against Hildebrandt.

UTAH MOMMY BLOGGER ACCUSED OF CHILD ABUSE HOSPITALIZED AFTER ‘LIFE-THREATENING’ ISSUE IN JAIL: COURT DOCS

One of Hildebrandt's neighbors reported the abuse to police after one of Franke's sons showed up on his doorstep.

Ruby Franke and her business partner Jodi Hildebrandt were arrested and charged on Aug. 30 after Santa Clara police received a dispatch call around 10:50 p.m. asking for help. (Instagram/moms_of_truth)

"I just had a 12-year-old boy show up here at my front door asking for help, and he said he just came from a neighbor’s house, and we know there's been problems at this neighbor's house," a man said in an August 911 call reporting the alleged abuse obtained by Fox News Digital. "He's emaciated. He's got tape around his legs. He's hungry, and he's thirsty."

The boy apparently told the neighbor that even though he came from Hildebrandt's house, his mother is Ruby Franke, who lives in a different town. Police would later locate Franke's four other children at different locations, according to a police report. The boy also told police he climbed through Hildebrandt's window to escape and get help.

Video

After rescuing Franke's youngest children from Hildebrandt's home Aug. 30, police from Springfield and other local agencies began to search for her other four kids, who were not at Hildebrandt's home at the time. They made contact with the two eldest children, Chad and Shari Franke — both living away from home at the time of the incident — in an effort to find the other two juveniles.

UTAH JUDGE ASTONISHED BY TEEN KILLER'S LACK OF REMORSE: ‘IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO?’

Authorities eventually located the two children at another adult's house in American Fork, Utah.

Both Franke and Hildebrandt were initially charged with two counts of child abuse, but authorities later added four additional child abuse charges to each suspect. Franke's husband, Kevin Franke, is not mentioned in any of the unredacted portions of the police reports.

"Kevin was a great neighbor and loving father," a neighbor previously told Fox News Digital. "He was always seen outside with his kids, walking the dog, or chatting with neighbors. For a short time, he was a ‘moderator’ in the ConneXions Facebook group, then that ‘job’ was removed and he was also removed from the house. Once he was gone, it went downhill."

Audrey Conklin is a digital reporter for Fox News Digital and FOX Business. Email tips to audrey.conklin@fox.com or on Twitter at @audpants.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2023 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

The video of the court session:

Spoiler

I

I think her parents and sister (sisters?) are sitting in back of her.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

This caught my attention the very  first time I read it.  

"I just had a 12-year-old boy show up here at my front door asking for help, and he said he just came from a neighbor’s house, and we know there's been problems at this neighbor's [JH] house," a man said in an August 911 call reporting the alleged abuse..." 

I've never seen anything that referred to the nature of the "problems at this neighbor's house".  Had there been earlier police reports related to the kids, or was this something related to JH and (possibly) adult guests or had the police never been called? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2

I’m watching a hidden true crime video right now. Oh my God our tried to get away before and was punished.

• Upvote 1

Jordan and McKay are scheduled to go live on YouTube at 6:40 central time (roughly 15 or so minutes)

• Thank You 2

Natalielawyerchick is going over this but looking at the agreement...they're going after Jodi and they consider to Jodi to be much bigger fish. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

The details of the the abuse are horrific.  There are things in this world I will never understand and what she was doing to her children is one of them.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Jordan pointed out during the live last night that Jodi's hearing date dropped off the court docket for the 27th.  Natalie lawyer chick said her attorney probably asked for more time after Ruby's hearing/plea deal agreement was published.  Because Ruby did agree to truthfully testify against Jodi.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

My opinion: Jodi is the bigger fish. I agree. But I don’t want the narrative Ruby spins to be that she was just another victim of Jodi’s. Because Ruby and Her husband were showing very strong abuse red flags in their videos before they were sucked in by Jodi. There’s a reason why Jodi’s teachings resonated with her. Because she already believed a lot of fucked up things about punishment and children. I’m glad she’s pleading guilty because I don’t want those kids dealing with a long drawn out trial. But I also don’t want her to just sweep this under the rug and pretend it was Jodi who did all of this. Ruby needs to be held accountable for her actions just like Jodi. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic