IGNORED

8 Passengers: Youtuber's Take Son's Bed and Refuse to Give Daughter Lunch

Glasgowghirl

20 hours ago, clueliss said:

Jordan pointed out during the live last night that Jodi's hearing date dropped off the court docket for the 27th.  Natalie lawyer chick said her attorney probably asked for more time after Ruby's hearing/plea deal agreement was published.  Because Ruby did agree to truthfully testify against Jodi.  

This may have been a mis statement.  I saw discussion yesterday that she's still scheduled for Dec 27.

Also Law and a crime Daily had a couple of videos I watched last night on this.  One involved forensic analysis of Ruby's plea deal.  Sorry for no links, but last night I was battling sinus issues.

• Upvote 2

Interesting that this case is getting national coverage, like front page - trending - side bar on the New York Times website. 

• Upvote 1

I’m glad the child victims won’t have to testify.  Hope Ruby and Jodi get long sentences.  (Marking my calendar for Feb. 20 to find out.) Next, I’ll be interested if the Jodi’s patients start lining up with civil cases. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

Headline for this is now on the News Nation website.  Their article links to their affiliate in Utah, which I'm posting below.   It does contain a copy of the plea.deal.  

Trigger warning for the link since the same horrific details.from.this case are there.

https://www.abc4.com/news/8-passengers/jodi-hildebrand-joins-ruby-franke-in-pleading-guilty-on-child-abuse-charges/

Like Ruby, Jodi is facing 1 to 15 years in prison per count.  And potential fines.

• Thank You 5

Forcing them to be sun burned is a new and sadistic child abuse tactic I never thought about. What a sick thing to do. Imagine going through skin cancer as an adult and knowing it was from the abuse you endured as a child. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

From the ABC4 website linked by @clueliss"After one child attempted to run away, Hildebrandt bound the child’s hands and feet, including being tied to weights and even other adults, leading to injuries."

"Other adults" is plural.  Who the hell were the "other adults"?  RF and JH?

Feb 20 will be interesting.  The torture of those sweet souls is so egregious, I just think there will be major prison time for both, but with JH possibly getting decades.  

JH will have no assets -- it will all go to lawyers fees and fines. 

• Upvote 7

based on Ruby’s plea agreement, Ruby was one.  And it was R who tried to run away I believe.  They tortured and punished him more than E.  But this is all why it took almost four hours for emergency responders to get E to agree to go to the hospital.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, clueliss said:

based on Ruby’s plea agreement, Ruby was one.  And it was R who tried to run away I believe.  They tortured and punished him more than E.  But this is all why it took almost four hours for emergency responders to get E to agree to go to the hospital.

I have a feeling that Ruby was always harder on her boys than on her girls. I think Chad was the target while he lived in the house. Then after he left, it probably turned to Russell. I’m not saying she didn’t abuse the girls. I just think the boys likely got the worst of it. 

• Upvote 7

On 12/27/2023 at 4:58 PM, clueliss said:

But this is all why it took almost four hours for emergency responders to get E to agree to go to the hospital.

I wasn't aware of this detail.  Do you have any other information about it?  

• Upvote 1

It was buried in the early reports right after the arrests.  Probably I heard it on one of the many YouTube’s I heard at the time.  

I remember hearing it too. She was very against it. I’m sure she was afraid she would get in trouble with Jodi and Ruby. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

On 12/27/2023 at 9:12 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Forcing them to be sun burned is a new and sadistic child abuse tactic I never thought about. What a sick thing to do. Imagine going through skin cancer as an adult and knowing it was from the abuse you endured as a child. 

That was my first thought if ( I sincerely hope not), either child does develop skin cancer in later life I hope they sue the pants off their evil mother and her sick monsterous business partner. They should sue Kevin too for total utter neglect. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

New interview with Jessi Hildebrandt; it will tear your heart out again and has more information on JH's abuse.  Jessi confirms that what  JH subjected her to -- brutal psychological/spiritual abuse, hours of forced running, withholding food (starvation), duct tape -- is also what the kids experienced.   

I hope Jessi will be allowed to speak at the sentencing hearing, if she asks to.  Interestingly,  Jessi notes that, although RF is 100% responsible for what she did to her children,  JH is an extremely powerful manipulator. 

Now knowing the extent and details of the torture the kids suffered has obviously affected her deeply and her anguish is clear. The interviewer is sensitive and let's Jessi talk while offering minimal direction. 

This youtube has a long ad at the beginning, so click on "Skip ad" at the earliest possible moment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

New interview with Jessi Hildebrandt

Thanks for posting this.  Good for Jessi on calling out the culture and those who looked the other way when Jessi tried to seek help.  One aspect of Jessi’s case that I’d like to learn more about is the parents.  The parents abandoned Jessi to Jodi’s “care” while Jessi slept.  Jessi woke up the next morning, and the torment began.  I wonder what the parents think now.

Earlier, in another interview, Jessi mentioned that the previous police reports were being reopened.  I wonder if that took place and if anything came of it.  Maybe more evidence to bolster the case against Jodi, if anything else was necessary. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Earlier, in another interview, Jessi mentioned that the previous police reports were being reopened.

This is very, very interesting.  Looking forward to see if there's any progress.  Would not be surprised if there are efforts to suppress those reports in some way. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/31/2023 at 2:12 PM, clueliss said:

The timeline that the 8 Passengers Reddit has posted has 4 hours as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/8passengersnark/s/yhT9XvHjfC

Ah, got it.  Looking at the reddit time line,  I want to know more! 

"Police searched the home of Jodi Hildebrandt. They discovered a second emaciated juvenile in a bathroom. Following four hours of negotiation with emergency personnel, the juvenile was transported to the same hospital.

Jodi Hildebrandt arrived at her home shortly after the police. She was taken into custody on the basis of the information provided in the probable cause affidavit." 

The police arrive, Jodi H gets there quickly.  I'll assume there were security cameras of some kind  and she was alerted to activity via her cell phone, screamed WTAF?!!!??? and hightailed it home. 

So what goes down after Jodi H arrives?  It's her house, but the police are already inside?  Did they find E in the bathroom before Jodi gets there?  When was the probable cause affidavit issued?  Immediately, based on the condition of Ruby's son who escaped?  How does that work, exactly?  

Four hours of negotiation (odd word choice) is a staggering amount of time and who was doing the negotiating?  Was it EMS/police/CPS? This is a child, a minor in bad shape. The son got taken to the hospital STAT.  Why is negotiation necessary to get her to the hospital?  Did Ruby have to give consent?  I just don't understand. I'll noodle around on reddit to see if there's something hidden in the comments. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Ah, got it.  Looking at the reddit time line,  I want to know more! 

"Police searched the home of Jodi Hildebrandt. They discovered a second emaciated juvenile in a bathroom. Following four hours of negotiation with emergency personnel, the juvenile was transported to the same hospital.

Jodi Hildebrandt arrived at her home shortly after the police. She was taken into custody on the basis of the information provided in the probable cause affidavit." 

The police arrive, Jodi H gets there quickly.  I'll assume there were security cameras of some kind  and she was alerted to activity via her cell phone, screamed WTAF?!!!??? and hightailed it home. 

So what goes down after Jodi H arrives?  It's her house, but the police are already inside?  Did they find E in the bathroom before Jodi gets there?  When was the probable cause affidavit issued?  Immediately, based on the condition of Ruby's son who escaped?  How does that work, exactly?  

Four hours of negotiation (odd word choice) is a staggering amount of time and who was doing the negotiating?  Was it EMS/police/CPS? This is a child, a minor in bad shape. The son got taken to the hospital STAT.  Why is negotiation necessary to get her to the hospital?  Did Ruby have to give consent?  I just don't understand. I'll noodle around on reddit to see if there's something hidden in the comments. 

My assumption was always that she didn’t want to go to the hospital for treatment out of fear. And they didn’t want to physically force her. Because physically forcing a little girl who has been abused for so long just makes everything worse. So they probably talked to her for hours trying to reassure her that she’s not in trouble, that they won’t let Jodi or Ruby punish her for anything, and that she’s not being disobedient or bad by going to the hospital. This is all just my assumption. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My assumption was always that she didn’t want to go to the hospital for treatment out of fear.

Yes, that would be an indicator of how profoundly psychologically damaged she was at that point.  I'm just wondering how all that played out over four hours, who was there, who was doing the convincing. 

The key is, was Jodi H present  and E was terrified of more abuse if she said anything?  Did they call in someone experienced in dealing with child trauma?  Were they able to give IV fluids? 

The police had a lot to sort out in the moment; they didn't know what was what, BUT the neighbor said, in his call to 911,  (paraphrasing) "You know there have been problems there (at Jodi's house)."  I assume that when police respond to a 911 call, the dispatcher or whoever immediately checks for previous problems/calls/complaints at that address.  

E was in marginal shape and deteriorating, they would have gotten her to the ER immediately, so the situation with E was not considered life threatening at that moment. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

Jodi Hildebrandt’s home in Ivins, Utah, is on Zillow for over $5 million.  Hidden True Crime is doing a podcast speculating where in the house the children were kept.  There is a vault/bomb shelter/panic room sort of structure in the basement.  Interesting to see how the rich live.

Zillow listing for Jodi’s house  

Edited by CTRLZero
Too snarky. ;)
  • Thank You 3

19 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Jodi Hildebrandt’s home in Ivins, Utah, is on Zillow for over $5 million.  

Monster big house, with multiple garages, swimming pool and huge amounts of...space.  That house will pay for a lot of lawyer fees, but who knows how much is outstanding on the mortgage. 

On Zillow the current estimated mortgage is $31,000/month.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

This house shows why they got away with the abuse for so long. First of all, that house is so huge with a bunker so you could easily hide an abused child in it. Second it’s a huge house so people assume the rich aren’t abusing anyone. They’re rich! They must be good people! And third, they are in a neighborhood that is out in a less populated area. So he could run to a neighbor (and did). But what if no one wanted to open their door? He’s screwed because the neighborhood is in the desert and it’s not like there’s a police station or hospital nearby. It’s just large private homes. Who may not want to open the door for you. 

• Upvote 10

How did Jodi acquire enough money to buy such a house?  Did she have other sources of income besides being a therapist?  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

How did Jodi acquire enough money to buy such a house?  Did she have other sources of income besides being a therapist?  

Here’s where the Mormon church is extremely culpable in my opinion. Therapists don’t usually make a ton. However Jodi was the go to therapist for some Mormon wards. So there were a lot of people sent to Jodi by the church. And Jodi’s niece said the Mormon church very often paid very high fees for the people they referred. Because a lot of time, the parishioners couldn’t afford to pay her. So the church paid. And she required a lot of participation. So she billed for a ton of hours. A ton of group sessions and individual sessions. I’m sure she billed for way more hours than she actually put in. I bet there’s billing fraud out the wazoo in her books. This went on for years. So she amassed a lot of money from the church. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic