IGNORED

Lori Alexander 76: Ken Advises Saving?

@SongRed7, I have a friend who’s absorbed some Lori-like woo, although she’s not a fundie—just a 60-something who may have absorbed too much Fox “news” when her husband was alive. I’ve heard the underwires=cancer bulllshit from her, and she says that if she develops breast cancer she’ll refuse treatment, because it’s “worse than the disease.” She also posted on FB that three people avoided knee replacement by using essential oils, that Purell is dangerous because it contains antifreeze which can kill pets*, and that (per the reiki course she’s taking) rose quartz is too “powerful” for children and will burn a baby’s skin. And she’s a trained CNA.

*Antifreeze can kill pets, and humans, if taken internally, but it isn’t in Purell. Purell contains plain old alcohol. I told her this and *crickets*. She’s convinced that the alcohol-based hand sanitizer spray from Grove Collaborative (which I use, too) is so much safer because it’s “natural.” 

• Upvote 10

26 minutes ago, Hane said:

@SongRed7, I have a friend who’s absorbed some Lori-like woo, although she’s not a fundie—just a 60-something who may have absorbed too much Fox “news” when her husband was alive. I’ve heard the underwires=cancer bulllshit from her, and she says that if she develops breast cancer she’ll refuse treatment, because it’s “worse than the disease.” She also posted on FB that three people avoided knee replacement by using essential oils, that Purell is dangerous because it contains antifreeze which can kill pets*, and that (per the reiki course she’s taking) rose quartz is too “powerful” for children and will burn a baby’s skin. And she’s a trained CNA.

*Antifreeze can kill pets, and humans, if taken internally, but it isn’t in Purell. Purell contains plain old alcohol. I told her this and *crickets*. She’s convinced that the alcohol-based hand sanitizer spray from Grove Collaborative (which I use, too) is so much safer because it’s “natural.” 

I had breast cancer and the side effects from chemotherapy and radiation were so bad at times I gotta thought I would die. Only I didn’t. The hell I went through saved me and I’ve been able to watch my daughter grow up. 
The treatment is hell, but for some not having it is death. 

• Love 25

@Hane, I got a mailer from the Grove Collective encouraging me to join shortly before the shit hit the fan.  Now I wish I had joined.  One of the reasons I didn't is that you'd get free Mrs Myers stuff and I don't like Mrs Myers dishwashing liquid. which seems to be a stupid reason not to have joined now.

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2020 at 10:35 AM, Loveday said:

I'm pretty sure at least one other post has disappeared as well, although I can't remember exactly what it was about. Something to do with all the states that are re-opening having Republican governors or something like that. Then some people pointed out that not all Republican governors are re-opening their states and she said, well, they're RINOs. I guess enough people showed her how inaccurate she was that she pulled that one down, too.  Easier than saying, 'you know, I was mistaken, I learned something today, thank you.' Nope, can't have Lori learning anything, or admitting she was wrong.

Oh, here it is, I checked Instagram because it was the sort of thing she posts there first:

Not entirely true, Lori, now is it? Governor Wolf of Pennsylvania has just announced a plan to slowly re-open his state, certain counties at a time, starting May 8. He's staunchly Democrat. 

Massachusetts and NH both have Republican governors and both states have state-at-home orders in place.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Sweet Caroline said:

Lori doesn’t understand science, specifically biology. She doesn’t know how Covid-19 is transmitted from person to person. According to her, only old sick people die from it. I thought her purpose was to teach biblical womanhood. I am trying to see the connection. Nope. 

Isn't her father a retired infectious disease doctor?  What does he say about all this?

• Upvote 8

38 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Massachusetts and NH both have Republican governors and both states have state-at-home orders in place.

As does Maryland 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Her father is a pathologist and probably hasn't worked directly in healthcare in 30 years.  I'm annoyed with my friends who are nurses who refuse to take the flu shot and instead wear a mask during flu season and now they're bitching about having to wear a mask in public because it's dangerous.  

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Hane, I got a mailer from the Grove Collective encouraging me to join shortly before the shit hit the fan.  Now I wish I had joined.  One of the reasons I didn't is that you'd get free Mrs Myers stuff and I don't like Mrs Myers dishwashing liquid. which seems to be a stupid reason not to have joined now.

I get Grove and really like it! I get there tree free paper towels and tissues. I’ve also been able to find some hand sanitizer and toilet paper through them. I’m not always a fan of the Mrs. Meyers stuff because it doesn’t seem as powerful but I’ve gotten  some other cleaning products I’ve liked. 
I use the grove hand sanitizer because I like the scent better but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily safer. I’m much more concerned about dying from Covid19 so I’m not gonna be snobby about hand sanitizer. 

Edited by Sarah92
  • Upvote 7

11 hours ago, kpmom said:

Isn't her father a retired infectious disease doctor?

He was a pathologist....and from some hints Lori drops, he doesn't agree with a lot of her woo. Although when she asked him (EWWWWW) he told her anal sex was bad.

I still can't imagine asking your dad that question.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

0BE752A2-BD4E-4BB8-A0A2-7D59B2B7B0BD.thumb.png.8a152b6e2fd46979d7e958d71b0771da.png

wtf would anyone ask lori to write about this? Unless she was sexually abused she has no business writing about this. 

• I Agree 17
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I had breast cancer and the side effects from chemotherapy and radiation were so bad at times I gotta thought I would die. Only I didn’t. The hell I went through saved me and I’ve been able to watch my daughter grow up. 
The treatment is hell, but for some not having it is death. 

A mutual friend of my Mrs. Woo friend and mine did indeed suffer greatly as a result of two bouts of breast cancer. One medication has caused rheumatoid arthritis, which has greatly affected her quality of life, and now with the current pandemic, her long-awaited hip replacement surgery has been postponed.  She’s in almost constant pain, but doesn’t p!$$ and moan about it. I know that she, her husband, their child, and their grandkids are just plain happy she’s still with us and cancer-free for several years.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

45 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

0BE752A2-BD4E-4BB8-A0A2-7D59B2B7B0BD.thumb.png.8a152b6e2fd46979d7e958d71b0771da.png

wtf would anyone ask lori to write about this? Unless she was sexually abused she has no business writing about this. 

The answer made me yell and startle a resting bunny! 
If you can’t stomach reading it, after declaring herself not an expert, she says that Jesus can forgive all your sins. Because being a victim is a sin apparently. 
At one point toward the end, she conceded that victims didn’t do this by their “own will”. But damage already done above that. 
She’s a disgusting bitch. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

And now she has a video up..."I'm not a doctor, but I am MORE QUALIFIED than a doctor" because of my research. 

• Angry 1
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 12

Soooooo, just going out on a limb here... the Lord didn't create the bacteria that make penicillin? He didn't put all the plants or mushrooms all over the earth that have compounds that can be extracted for medicinal use? 

Peroxide is a chemical, essential oils are chemicals.... witch hazel is an effin chemical... I get twitchy when folks like her throw that word around like it's a swear word that should be avoided at all costs. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Soooooo, just going out on a limb here... the Lord didn't create the bacteria that make penicillin? He didn't put all the plants or mushrooms all over the earth that have compounds that can be extracted for medicinal use? 

Peroxide is a chemical, essential oils are chemicals.... witch hazel is an effin chemical... I get twitchy when folks like her throw that word around like it's a swear word that should be avoided at all costs. 

Water is a chemical. My idiot SiL was really on the "no chemicals" thing once. She had her mother preaching it to us. The mother literally stood in front of me one day with a glass of water explaining that she was following her daughter's lead and "avoiding anything that is a chemical compound because that's not natural". I wanted to take her water glass away. 

Nephew's wife has a degree in biochemistry. Asked her about the "chemicals are evil" crowd once. She nearly exploded and she's generally a soft spoken person. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I think Lori might have reached a Cabinet Man level of arrogance in that video.

I feel so dumb because I actually thought she was going to say “I am not a doctor so I try to be careful about the advice I give.”

NOPE.  It’s more like “I’m not a doctor.  I’m better than a doctor.”

And the whole “Let the Lord’s will be done regarding cancer...” Why didn’t she follow that advice when she was so sick? Why didn’t Ken follow that advice when he had Lyme Carditis last year? 

And while I’m here, Alyssa is teaming up with some sleep expert to do a live...something on Instagram...tonight, teaching mothers how to get their babies to sleep. She really has put a lot of energy and time into making her baby sleep right.  She is very open about how sleep is so important to her and her husband, they began thinking of sleep training as soon as he was born, basically.  

It’s probably a BEC thing for me, but she sure seems to think of her own comfort a lot. I wonder where she got that mindset....

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

And while I’m here, Alyssa is teaming up with some sleep expert to do a live...something on Instagram...tonight, teaching mothers how to get their babies to sleep. She really has put a lot of energy and time into making her baby sleep right.  She is very open about how sleep is so important to her and her husband, they began thinking of sleep training as soon as he was born, basically.  

It’s probably a BEC thing for me, but she sure seems to think of her own comfort a lot. I wonder where she got that mindset

Stephen's wife is also obsessed with sleep training. She clearly said that she let the children cry, while Alyssa seems to carefully hide it (I would like to think she uses a gentle method, but I very much doubt it).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Water is a chemical. My idiot SiL was really on the "no chemicals" thing once. She had her mother preaching it to us. The mother literally stood in front of me one day with a glass of water explaining that she was following her daughter's lead and "avoiding anything that is a chemical compound because that's not natural". I wanted to take her water glass away. 

Nephew's wife has a degree in biochemistry. Asked her about the "chemicals are evil" crowd once. She nearly exploded and she's generally a soft spoken person. 

Argh, that's one of my hot buttons too. Every living thing is full of chemicals and a cooking pot full of chemical reactions all the time. Even "natural" stuff is full of chemicals. If they want nothing with chemicals, they should even stop breathing, getting the oxygen from your lungs into your body, chemical reaction. Digesting their so called chemical free essentiell oils, pure chemistry. Every time I hear it, I want to slap some sense into them.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

48 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Argh, that's one of my hot buttons too. Every living thing is full of chemicals and a cooking pot full of chemical reactions all the time. Even "natural" stuff is full of chemicals. If they want nothing with chemicals, they should even stop breathing, getting the oxygen from your lungs into your body, chemical reaction. Digesting their so called chemical free essentiell oils, pure chemistry. Every time I hear it, I want to slap some sense into them.

https://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

I always want to send this to those "if it's a chemical it's bad" folks...

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

tell the anti-chemical crowd that dihydrogen monoxide is bad for them but it's used all the time....

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

I hope whatever this info is, it finally exposed Lori for the fucking monster she is.  She deserves to be knocked down off her pedestal.  Ken too.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

On 4/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

According to DR. Lori the sun kills all viruses including covid. So everyone should go to the beach. Also face masks are a joke and don’t really need to be worn because DR. Lori was hot in hers so she took it off. 

This made me laugh. I took another break from fundie watching/reading because I was busy with my job and some family issues. I'm back and I'm trying to get caught up. I'm not surprised that Lori has been pushing for people to be out in the sun and beach. We all know she'd advised against sunscreen.

• Upvote 9

Does anyone else think this is hilarious? Ken posted on his (public) Facebook page about visiting the beach. Meanwhile, Lori is screeching at women to stop wearing thongs. 
Ken mentioned in the comments that there were lots of people at the beach; he had decided to get away from them. More like, Lori gave him the evil eye until he walked away...from her...and kept staring at bikini-clad women anyway. 

49FD1496-2C3F-43D4-B3DC-D0963BCAAB52.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic