IGNORED

James and Stacy McDonald: Fighting COVID-19

DomWackTroll

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Speaking of fake news, Jen Fishburne is busily pushing it for all she's worth:

Jen %22Cray cray%22 Fishburne.png

Oh god I made the mistake of looking at her FB page. My brain cells died just reading her idiocy. At least a few people are challenging some of her idiot posts. But it won’t help. She seems to enjoy being a dumbass.

• Upvote 5

Does Jen know how to breathe?  Cos that post makes me think she doesn't understand anything about the subject.

• Haha 10

12 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Does Jen know how to breathe?  Cos that post makes me think she doesn't understand anything about the subject.

Possibly not.  She's a flat earther and a general wing nut. 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 12:10 AM, danvillebelle said:

I remember my grandmother telling me stories about the polio fear in the 30's and 40's and how they were all terrified at first because right before my great-aunt started showing symptoms, my grandmother had spent a night in the same bed with her during a visit. 

Reupping this topic to share a good article by the daughter of a polio survivor.

It describes the times and people's fears really well -- exactly the kinds of things I heard my parents say:

In America in 1946, just as birthrates exploded, so did polio. There were more than 25,000 reported cases that year, and the annual number ticked steadily upward, topping 58,000 in 1952. The disease spread fastest in warm months. Each June beaches and movie theaters, swimming pools and ice cream parlors went eerily quiet. Some cities shut down public parks; some businesses banned anyone under 18. Summer became known as “polio season.”

“For children and adolescents, polio now became the fastest growing infectious disease,” historian David Oshinsky wrote in his book “Polio: An American Story,” which won the Pulitzer Prize in 2006. Newspapers ran images of children struggling in leg braces or lying prostrate in iron lungs. They kept tallies of victims, including age, sex and level of paralysis, much the way they tracked sports scores, and the psychological impact was significant, according to Oshinsky. “There was no escaping the damage that polio did, the random way in which it struck, or the gruesome truth that everyone was at risk,” he wrote. My aunt had finished my mother’s breakfast that fateful morning, and the arbitrary nature of the virus bothered them for years, neither understanding why one sister got sick and the other was spared.

• Upvote 9

On 4/30/2020 at 11:03 PM, CyborgKin said:

And besides being a flat earther and all around wing nut, she adores Trump.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Meanwhile, checking in on James and Stacy, it looks like they've had enough of quarantine -- that's for OTHER people -- so they've headed down to Gulf Shores, AL:

1187336840_McDonaldspost-COVID-19vacay.thumb.jpg.cf391188aba14831cde268c85691fcdc.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

33 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Meanwhile, checking in on James and Stacy, it looks like they've had enough of quarantine -- that's for OTHER people -- so they've headed down to Gulf Shores, AL:

1187336840_McDonaldspost-COVID-19vacay.thumb.jpg.cf391188aba14831cde268c85691fcdc.jpg

He probably thinks he’s invincible now that he’s had Covid. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

So...I guess rubbing oil on yourself or sniffing it doesn't work for everything?  

• Upvote 6

I feel like I've seen that exact beach photo dozens of times over the years :P

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

An update from Stacy McDonald, Dean of the I'm All Right Jack School of Public Health:

1548078606_ImAllRightJack.thumb.png.c1a5fe2ed5f62c51ae9d4e22a86c161b.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

On 4/30/2020 at 5:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh god I made the mistake of looking at her FB page. My brain cells died just reading her idiocy. At least a few people are challenging some of her idiot posts. But it won’t help. She seems to enjoy being a dumbass.

Jen is a real piece of work. She and Doug deserve each other. In addition of taking photographs of folks entering Costco and mocking them, she doesn't seem to think what happened to Ahmaud Arbery was wrong. Something is the matter with that lady. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

An update from Stacy McDonald, Dean of the I'm All Right Jack School of Public Health:

1548078606_ImAllRightJack.thumb.png.c1a5fe2ed5f62c51ae9d4e22a86c161b.png

Only a fundie would experience a novel virus in a country where so few have been tested and still consider an inconvenience as small as a mask religious oppression. Fuck the McDonalds for soooooo many reasons but being a considerate human being should not be political issue. If anything, wearing a mask and taking proper precautions would be the Christian thing to do. Damn. This bitch puts EOs straight on her pussy but she won’t wear a fucking mask??????????????

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

It's as if the Constitution is the 67th book of the Bible, between Revelation and Concordance.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Stacy is an excellent example of the sealed bubble occupied by Fundagelicals.  Study her to understand what social media she consumes and where millions of her ilk are coming from.  Also, see: religious persecution complex or to be more specific, Evangelical persecution complex.  Pence heavily promotes the latter. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Also, see: religious persecution complex or to be more specific, Evangelical persecution complex.  Pence heavily promotes the latter. 

Can't find it at the moment (of course), but I read a good comment on the hows & whys of fundie proselytizing.

Essentially, fundie Christians proselytize not because they actually care about converting others (or "saving" them) but because others' rejection of the offer of salvation reaffirms the fundies' cultic identity and their sense of persecution by all who don't think the same way. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

On 5/19/2020 at 9:19 PM, dripcurl said:

This bitch puts EOs straight on her pussy

Do you think this might be a little passive-aggressive behavior against the Reformed Romeo himself? "Surprise, darling! I used a smidge of peppermint just for you!" 

• Haha 9

It amazes me that the sort of people who regularly fight for the right to carry a heavy-ass gun strapped to them at all times "for protection" and think teachers should be encouraged to keep guns on their person are so wiggy about wearing a little bit of cloth over their mouths for some actual genuine protection.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

It amazes me that the sort of people who regularly fight for the right to carry a heavy-ass gun strapped to them at all times "for protection" and think teachers should be encouraged to keep guns on their person are so wiggy about wearing a little bit of cloth over their mouths for some actual genuine protection.

It’s so immature. It reminds me of my 5 year old who constantly wants to do the opposite of what he’s told. Reverse psychology works on him sometimes. Maybe we should try that with these idiots. 

Don’t wear a mask! Only true patriots wear masks! And you are obviously not a patriot!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Adult male refusing to wear a mask = tiny penis.

Adult males carrying guns while refusing to wear a mask = micro penis.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Can I nominate Stacy as Ms. Cognitive Dissonance Coronavirus 2020? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

On 4/26/2020 at 5:17 PM, Howl said:

I was also a child in the 50s, and remember pictures of people in iron lungs. It was scary.  But by the time I was old enough to be frightened by those pictures, the Salk vaccine was widely available and I was vaccinated by 2nd or 3rd grade. 

I remember iron lungs too. Another thing I recall because of this thread is children with leg braces. (Also some adullts.) I realized I haven't seen leg braces in decades. But in the 1950s they were not uncommon. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I know two people who had polio as children. One guy totally lost the use of one arm.  The other person was profoundly physically (but certainly not intellectually) disabled and had to have a full time assistant for all aspects of daily living.  He learned to type with his toes and could scoot himself around on the floor with his heels.  In his 20s, he moved to Berkeley, CA to join a vibrant community of disabled people.  Lost contact then. 

Also, I've been pondering the spread of mosquito-borne viruses, like East Nile, Dengue and Zika.  A mosquito proboscis is actually 6 spears doing different jobs, but tiny, smaller than a human hair.   And that can spread a lethal virus.  So, with huge numbers of corona virus particle ejected from a person's mouth, no surprise that it's so terrifyingly contagious. 

• Upvote 3

Remember the good ole days when Stacy was preaching modesty and writing books about it? I just find their change in lifestyle fascinating now that she is "Royal Crown Diamond" with YL. 

1725A51B-2E44-412B-8894-CE4369D38335.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1