IGNORED

James and Stacy McDonald: Fighting COVID-19

DomWackTroll

James is the one who has it. He's finally getting over it after weeks of suffering. I've been following their Facebook pages, and I'm sure you can imagine how this all went down: Suddenly, James posts a selfie of himself in the hospital, but "It'S nOt ThE cOrOnA vIRuS!!!", because we all know people who believe in viruses are communists who want to take other people's guns away from them. But then James is diagnosed, and gets really sick, and suddenly they're both believers, and Stacy is posting a video telling their followers that "this isn't just the flu" and asking them not to shame James and Stacy for believing COVID-19 is dangerous.

James' FB page is a total shitshow. He's telling his followers to "chill" but they're still being their nutty selves, whether accusing him of advocating "mandatory vaccines" or telling him to cure himself with his "subconscious mind." Well, James... 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 11

Isn’t it interesting when fundies realize they are part of the problem of misinformation that floods Facebook? Some people need to experience something for themselves to realize the truth. Because no matter how many facts you present to them, they believe what they want to believe. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

47 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Who are these people?

James McDonald was/is (?) a Reformed Presbyterian pastor. He and his wife, Stacy, were Vision Forum associates for many years (Stacy's book that she co-authored with Jennie Chancey, Passionate Housewives Desperate for God, was published by VF), and were also strong followers/supporters of Doug Wilson. The McDonalds were very influential proponents of Christian homeschooling, modesty, and both the stay-at-home wife and stay-at-home daughter movements. 

They now sell Young Living essential oils, and seem to be very successful at it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 1

You better believe Stacy is still pushing her EOs while her man is extremely ill with Covid 19. When this is all over, I’m sure she will claim that the EOs made him feel so much better when he was sick. When really it was what the drs were doing for him. 

• Upvote 17

8 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

James McDonald was/is (?) a Reformed Presbyterian pastor. He and his wife, Stacy, were Vision Forum associates for many years (Stacy's book that she co-authored with Jennie Chancey, Passionate Housewives Desperate for God, was published by VF), and were also strong followers/supporters of Doug Wilson.

Re: James & COVID-19. Saw the initial FB post or two of his hospitalization, back when his illness was absolutely NOT due to coronavirus, but hadn't checked there in a week or so.

Speaking of Doug Wilson, it looks like he's been protecting a 3rd sexual predator. Much more information at the FB links in that article. This may merit a separate topic in the forum depending on what else emerges.

Probably as a deflection from the above shitshow, Wilson the CREC also sent a letter to tRump and the universe, announcing that they'll stop complying with shutdown orders "in days or weeks, not months."

It is now apparent that our initial information was incomplete. The pandemic is not what we all
thought it was going to be. This is understandable. It was new. We all thought it was a dire
threat and we all responded to protect the lives of our citizens, and our congregants, as we
should have. It is now clear that the stated rationale for these temporary, emergency acƟons,
“to flatten the curve”, has been achieved, and that these temporary measures are no longer
necessary. If we continue on the current course of action of extreme mitigation, things may get
much worse, as we fear they most certainly will. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

Y2K was extremely different: years of hysteria, preparation, and the writing of many 'the world is ending' books, followed by basically nothing happening on the day and everyone sighing and getting on with life.

Yeah there were a few weird glitches (such as one guy who got a huge video rental charge) and some problems caused directly by people's panic and preparations (I heard of someone who overfilled their bathtub with water, causing it to pull away from the wall), and suicides due to fear mongering.  But with covid-19, whether it's worse than we thought or not as bad as we thought, there's still thousands dying per day.  So the two are not at all comparable.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4

My y2k story. 

I was a smug 17 year old. I thought I was so damn smart. Therefore when the whole y2k thing was ramping up, I would smugly say, “I think it’s no big deal. It will be fine.” 

I did this because there were only 2 real outcomes. 1) it was overblown and everything would be fine. And I could crow to everyone “told ya so!” And 2) everything goes to shit. And if that’s true, no one would give a fuck if I was wrong because people are too worried about it all going to shit. 

Man I was an annoying teen ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13

13 hours ago, JMarie said:

When have we had mandated "social distancing" before?

1919 for the Spanish flu epidemic could be the last time?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Womble said:

1919 for the Spanish flu epidemic could be the last time?

Yes and it was very successful. 

stop watching the fake news videos on the left - and on the right.

Oh, James McD, f**k the hell off and when you're done f**k way the hell off some more. 

16 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Speaking of Doug Wilson, it looks like he's been protecting a 3rd sexual predator. Much more information at the FB links in that article. This may merit a separate topic in the forum depending on what else emerges.

I had a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read this.  I also have a feeling that this may not be the only victim of James B. Nance. He's a teacher in a deeply authoritarian, patriarchal school system and likely a practiced predator.  He shamed his victim into silence.  So many red flags. 

And Doug Wilson? F**k the hell off and when you're done f**k way the hell off some more and then continue to f**king off into oblivion. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

So, they post not to believe conspiracy theories, but he posts them and perpetuates them. 

Still as tone deaf & hypocritical as ever.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

There are many many things to say about Communist China (none good).  But this is a bunch of incoherent word vomit.....waitaminute this is James MacDonald.....nevermind..... 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

But this is a bunch of incoherent word vomit.....waitaminute this is James MacDonald.....nevermind.....

Just be glad it's not Doug Wilson! He could manage to write it without even using the words "COVID-19" or "Coronavirus." I'd probably read it and think, "Is this about Federal Vision again?" 

• Haha 11

On 4/16/2020 at 8:59 PM, JMarie said:

When have we had mandated "social distancing" before?

During polio epidemic

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Butterfly said:

During polio epidemic

Absolutely. Any of this sound familiar?

My parents grew up in the generation before there was a polio vaccine. In their day, you didn't go to public swimming pools in the summer or any place where people congregated, for fear of contracting polio.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 13
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

James and the I'm-All-Right-Jack School of Public Health weigh in on IL Gov Pritzker's extension of the shelter at home order:

2131795726_ImAllRightJack.thumb.jpg.c0dab3200b7af77923a762586f5a6c40.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I live in IL and yes the majority of IL cases are in Chicago and downstate near in the St. Louis vicinity.   I live north/northwest of Chicago and while there are not that many COVID 19 cases immediately where I live, there are pockets in the county where the cases are higher, as close as the next township over.  One of the reasons why IL has not seen the worst case scenario is because Pritzker shut things down and early.   Yes, it's been inconvenient as it is but honestly, opening things up too soon is just not going to make it better. 

Given he's recovering from this disease, one would expect James might have a greater appreciation of how important shutting things down but nope. 

• Upvote 19

49 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Given he's recovering from this disease, one would expect James might have a greater appreciation of how important shutting things down but nope. 

If James had never gotten it, he would likely be one of those crazies posting constantly about how Covid 19 has been blown out of proportion and it’s just a big conspiracy. But the fact that he caught it has probably calmed him down a little. Which is crazy to think about. 

• Upvote 21

On 4/22/2020 at 12:54 AM, hoipolloi said:

Absolutely. Any of this sound familiar?

My parents grew up in the generation before there was a polio vaccine. In their day, you didn't go to public swimming pools in the summer or any place where people congregated, for fear of contracting polio.

I was a child in the 50s so I don't remember the fear, but I do remember my mother talking about people leaving the cities to go to the country in the summer in order to avoid contact with large numbers of people. In my child's mind it meant that you could only get it from people in the city.

Rural areas in my state seem to be safer from Coronavirus now. We have fewer cases than the large cities and no deaths yet. 

• Upvote 5

In our county, it seems like the higher numbers are closely associated with housing and residency density.  Most of the clusters have been some form of senior residence.  The higher numbers per zip code are in areas with a lot of apartments or else in two particular zip codes. 

35 minutes ago, Letgo said:

I was a child in the 50s so I don't remember the fear, but I do remember my mother talking about people leaving the cities to go to the country in the summer in order to avoid contact with large numbers of people.

I remember a panicked end of a vacation to return home because of a polio outbreak.  It was fairly traumatic as my mother is a panic peddler and kept crying she didn't want her baby to die.  I was "her baby" and was around four.

• Upvote 5

I was also a child in the 50s, and remember pictures of people in iron lungs. It was scary.  But by the time I was old enough to be frightened by those pictures, the Salk vaccine was widely available and I was vaccinated by 2nd or 3rd grade. 

• Upvote 5