IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

Turns out it wasn’t pillow talk on SAP’s part. 

A maskless woman who was recorded deliberately coughing at a mother and her child at a grocery store in Nebraska has been fired from her job.

A clip of the incident involving the woman, identified as 54-year-old Janene Hoskovec, at a Super Saver in Lincoln went viral after it was posted onto Reddit on September 3.

After the footage went viral, German software company SAP said it would be investigating as it was reported that the woman in the footage was one of its employees.

On Wednesday, the company added: "We have reviewed the incident and can confirm that the individual in question no longer works for SAP."

Yeah maybe she can go work for Mikey MeinPillow at his factory now. 

• Thank You 5

Something broke in me about the US after reading about this

Video has emerged showing people laughing at a student as he talks about the death of his grandmother from COVID-19 at a Tennessee school board meeting to discuss whether to impose a mask mandate.

The clip, which has been shared on social media, shows one male student from Rutherford County explaining why he believes that masks should be worn on school premises to help protect people from COVID-19.

"This time last year, my grandmother, who was a former teacher at the Rutherford County school system, died of COVID because someone wasn't wearing a mask."

The comment resulted in a number of people laughing and expressing their disagreement.

I think we may be truly lost as a people at this point.  I don't know if I can ever celebrate July 4 ever again.  Well not with a clean conscience at any rate.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1

If Daubenmire dies, his followers are going to blame vaccinated people for his death. :doh:

• Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

There's a public figure I used to like.  She seemed to be cool - a gamer and a cat person with a wicked sense of humor.  Of course, operative phrase was used to like.  I happened to see her instagram post wearing the dumb fuck t-shirt saying the final variant is communism.  I then was like fuck you, goodbye before adding her to my long and undistinguished block lists.  I'm over people like that.  I don't care if we've been friends for 40 years now.  You start peddling your bullshit COVID denialism along with anti-vax and anti-mask bullshit we are done.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Has anyone mentioned r/HermanCainAward on Reddit? It's very easy to lose entire afternoons trying to comprehend the stupidity of some of my fellow Americans.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JMarie said:

Has anyone mentioned r/HermanCainAward on Reddit? It's very easy to lose entire afternoons trying to comprehend the stupidity of some of my fellow Americans.

I've been over there and neglecting FJ. I seriously need rescue ferrets. Fortunately, we have family game day (all vaccinated) today so perhaps that will work in lieu of rescue ferrets. 

ETA: The people posting their anti-vax, anti-mask, and Trumphumper memes are so repugnant that by the time you get to the final pages you are rooting for the virus. It's not a place for the "why can't we all just get along" types. 

Edited by FiveAcres
  • Upvote 3

Fucking ugh

Roving central Colorado with three vans, pop-up tents and folding chairs, public health workers in Jefferson County set out this spring to get coronavirus vaccines to the people who were hardest to reach. They brushed off heckling from passersby who sometimes yelled that covid-19 was a hoax or that the shots were “poison.”

But the harassment grew more frequent, said Jefferson County Public Health Executive Director Dawn Comstock. And more threatening.

One man slashed the mobile clinic signs with a knife, Comstock said, while another person threw lit fireworks into one of the tents. People drove menacingly toward staffers and ran over signs. They hurled insults, trash and liquid, she said, each time fleeing before law enforcement could hold anyone accountable.

Last weekend, Comstock said, it was so bad that she pulled the mobile clinics off the street and said they would go out only with security. She said she is done being “polite” about the vitriol over vaccines that have been proved safe and effective, and she called the harassers “cowards.”

I’d say something a bit stronger than cowards if it was me. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

Upstate New York asshole got picked up by the FBI

The FBI has arrested an Albany man for allegedly threatening an Oregon public official regarding COVID-19 vaccines and other matters.

David Scott Ryder, 64, was arrested on Wednesday morning on charges of interstate transmission of a threat and stalking, according to an FBI news release. The Albany Police Department assisted in taking Ryder into custody.

Ryder made his initial appearance before a U.S. Magistrate Judge on Wednesday and the judge ordered him released pending further court proceedings.

“Threats of any kind against a public official are not acceptable in this country,” said Kieran L. Ramsey, special agent in charge of the Portland field office for the FBI.

David Ryder is the lead character on the South African flick Space Mutiny, so the MST3K group I follow on FB is all lit up over the news about Ryder, or as I call him, Gristle McJailbird.

• Haha 3

Another two bite the dust: Alabama Pickers, couple known for reselling and vaccine opposition, both dead of COVID. 

From the article linked in the tweet: 

One of the last videos the married couple posted on their now deleted YouTube channel was about how they wouldn’t get the vaccine.

I'll guess their children are young adults, but they are, in a sense, orphans now. 

The deleted video was reposted 

...on Vaxx Mann’s channel, which is connected to a website titled SORRYANTIVAXXER.COM, dedicated to sharing stories of people who have gotten COVID and died, or came close to dying after sharing their anti-vax beliefs.

Even though these people caused damage with their misplaced beliefs, this is a uniquely American tragedy playing out daily and I now take no joy in their passing or the passing of others. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Another two bite the dust: Alabama Pickers, couple known for reselling and vaccine opposition, both dead of COVID. 

Even though these people caused damage with their misplaced beliefs, this is a uniquely American tragedy playing out daily and I now take no joy in their passing or the passing of others. 

No joy here, either - I'm not proud of it, but I have no sorrow, either.  I am angry.  Anger at the media personalities who continue to stoke vaccine fear; anger at politicians who won't speak out against vaccine misinformation; finally, RAGE at TFG who started the entire mess.  Also angry that these people are the reason we are all STILL masking and social distancing.  

I am also just... perplexed.  How many more prominent anti-vaxxers have to die for the rest of them to wake up??

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Carmine's hostess attacked after asking diners for proof of vaccination

Three people were arrested for allegedly assaulting a New York City restaurant hostess on Thursday after she asked a group of diners visiting from Texas to show proof they had been vaccinated before seating them.

Cellphone footage obtained by NBC New York shows a brawl involving several people outside Carmine's Italian restaurant on the Upper West Side. Staff and bystanders intervened to break up the melee after it broke out around 5 p.m. ET, the station added.

The hostess, who has not been identified, was repeatedly punched and her necklace broken, police said.

One unspecified patient was taken to the Mount Sinai Hospital, the New York City Fire Department said, without stating their condition.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics

The three suspects, whose ages are 21, 44 and 49, were taken to NYPD's nearby 24th precinct station house, police said

I hope the hostess sues these idiots. :shakehead2:

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Upstate New York asshole got picked up by the FBI

David Ryder is the lead character on the South African flick Space Mutiny, so the MST3K group I follow on FB is all lit up over the news about Ryder, or as I call him, Gristle McJailbird.

One teensy detail -- pretty sure this dude is from Albany, OR as opposed to Albany, NY.  Still Gristle McJailbird though!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

One teensy detail -- pretty sure this dude is from Albany, OR as opposed to Albany, NY.  Still Gristle McJailbird though!

Yeah that makes sense. Didn’t realize there was one.  I was trying to figure out why a NY idiot would be so concerned about OR. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Oregon Doctor fucked around and found out 

A doctor in Oregon has had his license revoked for continually refusing to follow COVID-19 guidelines when dealing with patients and spreading misinformation about face masks.

The Oregon Medical Board issued a final order on September 2 against Steven Arthur LaTulippe for "dishonorable or unprofessional conduct; repeated negligence in the practice of medicine; and gross negligence in the practice of medicine." He was also fined $10,000.

Good. Fuck him. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I feel guilty for laughing so heartily. 

Covid denier says she wishes she could catch Covid to prove it’s not serious, it’s only like food poisoning. Catches Covid, begs for thoughts and prayers because it’s so bad:

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/health/woman-who-wanted-to-catch-covid19-now-begs-for-prayers/news-story/b894a26ede5cd893756397c8c119afbe

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

We had protests last week - one was a protest over tearooms not being open on construction sites, which managed to annoy a huge number of health care workers who also don't have tearooms, and who get to work in full PPE to boot. It also managed to annoy a large proportion of the population in general, who are either unable to work or are working from home and juggling remote learning too. As an exercise in failing to read the room it was successful.

The other protests were anti-lockdown, which again seemed to be mostly made up of people wanting a punch up with police, in my city at least. Again their timing was bizarre as the government was announcing a roadmap out of lockdown the following day. Just stay home, seriously.

• Upvote 4

On 9/17/2021 at 11:28 AM, Becky said:

I am also just... perplexed.  How many more prominent anti-vaxxers have to die for the rest of them to wake up??

I'm going to guess...a lot?  Put this yahoo on the Right Wing Vax Denier Watch List: 

• Thank You 4

22 hours ago, adidas said:

I feel guilty for laughing so heartily. 

Covid denier says she wishes she could catch Covid to prove it’s not serious, it’s only like food poisoning. Catches Covid, begs for thoughts and prayers because it’s so bad:

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/health/woman-who-wanted-to-catch-covid19-now-begs-for-prayers/news-story/b894a26ede5cd893756397c8c119afbe

Yeah….  Sorry, not sorry, Laura. 
If she survives, she will be back to spreading lies. I have no doubt. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

More protests yesterday, this time about mandatory vaccination on construction sites. There were some odd things about these ones- the protests were at the CFMEU (construction union) building, and while some were undoubtedly union members quite a few identifiably weren't (notably "Bunnings Karen", who is the woman filmed last year refusing to wear a mask in a hardware store.) The building was vandalised during the "protest" - given the violence level I'd term it a riot myself.

The mandatory vaccination is due to rising infection levels at building sites - and also because while these sites have been open they are at 25% workforce and most people - including union members, and the union - support the vaccination requirement so they can get back to full capacity. Anyway, as a result all construction has been shut down for two weeks, so great own goal there.

One of the weirdest things is that the CFMEU building is across the road from another union building- the nursing and midwifery one - who have had vaccine mandates and compulsory POE in place for months. The cartoon in spoiler sums up a lot of Victorian's thinking right now about this group of moron protesters.

Spoiler

242330695_4682879861756356_2746676241590795789_n.jpg.1a05b507aa960e9a4c54f371aed38726.jpg

• Upvote 5

An anti-mask/vaccine GQP member in Florida passed.  Leaving his fellow GQP buddies in a bit of a bind.

After spending months railing against COVID-19 precautions and criticizing Dr. Anthony Fauci, a Republican Party official in Florida passed away this week — leaving his county-level GOP organization without access to critical financial accounts. 

Gregg Prentice, 61, served as accountant for the Hillsborough County GOP and also chaired the organization's committee for election integrity. A software engineer by trade, Tampa Bay's local Patch outlet reported that he built and maintained the local Republican party's campaign finance software last year and was responsible for filing its monthly reports to the Federal Elections Commission.

A FEC filing from the surviving members of the organization claims that Prentice died without sharing login information for these accounts, or any sort of instructions for how to use them. The letter also tells the regulatory agency it will likely need more time to complete a report on its August fundraising numbers, and foreshadows trouble compiling the local party's financials for future months as well. 

Prentice's death has also opened up a firestorm of conspiracy theories from other local Republican Party officials, including one who called COVID-19 a "medically engineered virus" and suggested — without evidence — that his death was the result of wrongdoing on behalf of the hospital he was being treated at. 

It's a fucking cult at this point.  There, I said it.  It's that or pop a blood vessel in my brain trying to keep that in.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Mmmmm KFC

Two alleged gang associates found with a car trunk "full of KFC" takeout were arrested as they tried to enter New Zealand's largest city on Sunday in breach of strict coronavirus lockdown rules, according to police.

Under Auckland's Alert Level 4 lockdown measures -- the strictest in the country -- restaurants, including takeout services, remain closed. Everyone must stay home and only essential services are open.

The rest of New Zealand is at Level 2, with restaurants, cafes, bars and nightclubs open, and residents permitted to leave their homes.

Police were patrolling back roads near the outskirts of Auckland when they noticed a suspicious looking vehicle, a New Zealand Police spokesperson said in a statement Monday.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic