IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

On 7/28/2021 at 6:22 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Bad comparison, Brody. We don't segregate lepers anymore. We treat them with antibiotics and no one needs to know they were once infected. Think of the covid vaccines as similar to antibiotics and you'll have something worth saying.

• Upvote 6

Asshole restaurant owner in Texas boots family out for wearing masks.

A Texas couple who landed themselves a rare night out with friends says it was cut short when the restaurant kicked them out for wearing face masks, which they say they wore to protect their immunocompromised 4-month-old son.

Natalie Wester and her husband, Jose Lopez-Guerrero, joined a group of friends at a restaurant and bar in Rowlett, about 20 miles northeast of Dallas, on September 10.

Their infant has cystic fibrosis, they said, so they have taken precautions to stay safe and do what's best for their family, and that includes wearing a face mask in public except when drinking or eating.

But the restaurant they visited, Hang Time Sports Grill & Bar, has a no-mask wearing policy, according to its owner, whom CNN affiliate KTVT identified only as Tom. Wester said she was not aware of the policy.

The place was getting the love on Yelp until Yelp stepped in and took out most of the new reviews. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

But the restaurant they visited, Hang Time Sports Grill & Bar, has a no-mask wearing policy

It amazes me that some people are so threatened by mask wearing. On the positive side this will help with the segregation they all seem to be whinging about - well whinging when it affects them at least.

• Upvote 4

This is just awful

From the linked article:

"The suspect, a 49-year-old German man, walked to a police station the following day to turn himself in. He was arrested and has confessed to the murder.

He told police he felt “cornered” by the coronavirus measures, which he perceived as an “ever-growing infringement on his rights” and he had seen “no other way out”, Fuhrmann said."

Well he's likely to learn what actual loss of previously held rights feels like in prison I suspect. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

A bit more about Kristen Lowery, mother of four who died from COVID. Here's another tweet, showing Kristen describing herself on her Moms for Liberty account as  "forgiven, Mama of 4, homeschooling, freedom keeper, nontoxic" which might as well be fundy, fundy, fundy, political fundy, fundy. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Fucking ugh

More than 1,300 parents in the Ankeny Community School District signed a petition threatening to unenroll their children if the district reinstates its mask mandate.

It comes after a tension-filled, three-hour meeting to gather public input on the matter ended with the district deciding to begin requiring masks again starting Thursday.

A paragraph in the online petition reads, “Ankeny parents signing this petition are opposed to a mandatory mask policy and willing to unenroll their children for the Oct. 1 enrollment certification date if mask are mandated again.”

KCCI reports unenrolling a student from the district before October 1 would cost the district more than $7,000 per student unenrolled.

I just want to say fucking grow up to the parents and it ain't going away as long as they continue to be dipshits about precautions. 

Note to self: stay out of Ankeny next month when in the DSM area.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Fucking ugh

I just want to say fucking grow up to the parents and it ain't going away as long as they continue to be dipshits about precautions. 

People are insane. I get why some people might be willing to risk dying themselves for "their rights", but these people are risking childrens' lives. Their own children, and worse, other peoples' children. They would literally rather kill their own children than follow a simple common sense rule. 

The fuck is wrong with people?!?!?!!

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

People are insane. I get why some people might be willing to risk dying themselves for "their rights", but these people are risking childrens' lives. Their own children, and worse, other peoples' children. They would literally rather kill their own children than follow a simple common sense rule. 

The fuck is wrong with people?!?!?!!

I don’t know but it seems to me that in the DSM metro area a lot of the cannons of douche live in Ankeny.  Like this guy. 

Fortunately it’ll be fairly easy to avoid Ankeny since that’s up in the NE corner of the metro. 

• Upvote 3

It has been a very, very weird week for anti-lockdown/anti-everything protests in Melbourne. Things shifted into bizarrely amusing yesterday when Reddit and Twitter users infiltrated Telegram groups and hilarity ensued as wannabe "protesters" got more and more confused and paranoid, and attempts to organise various rallying points failed. The high point came when they gathered at a run down suburban mall, which is literally around the corner from a police station. Unsurprisingly police were there and shutting them down quite quickly. (Meanwhile on Twitter everyone who has ever been to that mall was engaging in debate as to whether they went to the good supermarket or the not very good supermarket, heh. Based on where they were I'd say the not so good one). Bunnings Karen was chasing media trying to get them to interview her, a noted protest livestreamer spent several hours wandering around Melbourne trying to find the protests before giving up and going home in disgust, the paranoia escalated to where fashion choices were seen as evidence of being undercover police and/or Reddit users ("people wearing red are infiltrators!")

Bizarre end to a bizzare week, anticipating more today.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

And of course at least two of them have now tested positive to covid. Thanks guys, keeping the lockdown going...

To be fair, at this point I think in Victoria, NSW and the ACT they are looking at vaccination rates rather than no COVID cases.  I don't think either NSW or Victoria can get down to 0 cases at this point, and the ACT would be unlikely to, and would keep getting reseeded from NSW anyway.

That being said, them going and getting vaccinated would help things opening up sooner...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

That being said, them going and getting vaccinated would help things opening up sooner...

They're almost certainly anti-vax, and being in a crowd of likeminded people... well, it's not going to help things.  Fortunately the majority of people are getting vaccinated as soon as possible, but it still feels like we're a long way off opening.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

They're almost certainly anti-vax, and being in a crowd of likeminded people... well, it's not going to help things.  Fortunately the majority of people are getting vaccinated as soon as possible, but it still feels like we're a long way off opening.

I'm hopeful that they will start easing restrictions in the ACT on Oct 15 (I didn't expect, nor did my workmates expect for us to open on September 17 or whenever it was) as I think we should be over 70% double dosed + 2 weeks by then. Though it would be a gradual easing, not an everyone can go do whatever they like type thing.  I can see masks sensibly hanging around for a long time, and no idea when I'll actually be back in the office but otherwise I'm hoping for shops to generally open rather than just be click and collect sometime in the next couple of months.  No idea on what will happen with the NSW-ACT border but I guess with a general easing then they will drop the form requirements etc.

• Upvote 1

Another day, another moron. 

An Oregon school employee was placed on administrative leave for wearing blackface during a protest against the school district’s COVID-19 policies.

A Newberg Public Schools District employee, who did not give her name, said she showed up to school on Sept. 17 with a darkened face to protest the district’s policy that unvaccinated staff must social distance.

She likened the policy to segregation and said she wanted to channel Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights era.

The employee said she doesn’t understand why her actions are causing offense and accusations of racism.

• Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

:shakehead2:

Lady, that's not magnetism, that's sweat. If "smart dust" made you smarter, she'd be in desperate need of it.

I guess this woman had no uncles who stuck coins to her forehead then pretended to find them? She never saw Annie Hall?

Spoiler

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Lady, that's not magnetism, that's sweat. If "smart dust" made you smarter, she'd be in desperate need of it.

I guess this woman had no uncles who stuck coins to her forehead then pretended to find them? She never saw Annie Hall?

Hide contents

Maybe "horses sweat, men perspire, but ladies magnetize"?

Edited by church_of_dog
corrected quote
  • Haha 10

Sovereign citizens aren’t just a US thing. 

CORK, Ireland — Joe McCarron was clearly struggling to breathe. His voice is barely audible when the doctor leans over and earnestly tells him: “You have the right to decide what to do. You are barely able to breathe. We want you to stay.”

McCarron is sitting in a wheelchair in a corridor of the Letterkenny University Hospital in County Donegal, Ireland. It is Sept. 14 and McCarron is at the center of a tug-of-war between the doctors who want to keep him in the ICU to treat a severe case of COVID-19 and a group of sovereign citizen activists who had come to “rescue” McCarron.

“We came to Letterkenny to rescue my friend because they were trying to kill him,” one of the activists, an Italian man named Antonio Mureddu, tells McCarron, who appears confused and distressed throughout the ordeal.

Ultimately McCarron left the hospital and was taken home. But days later the virus had spread to his brain, and he was rushed by ambulance back to the hospital and put on a ventilator. On Friday, McCarron died in the hospital.

And after McCarron died and the well deserved blowback began some of these same “friends” called McCarron a crisis actor. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 6

On 9/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, 47of74 said:

McCarron, who appears confused and distressed throughout the ordeal.

If I were his family I would be so angry at this group. If he was having trouble processing - which seems likely if he was struggling to breathe - then he was in no condition to actually make a decision to leave hospital and was effectively railroaded. I'm actually surprised the hospital agreed to release him - I would have assumed a next of kin would have been contacted.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Meanwhile in the booming field of "can we prove Ivermectin is actually magic?" research we have a paper showing it kills colorectal cancer cells. One small flaw though.

You know what else kills colorectal cancer cells in vitro? Aspirin. Does anyone use it in patients as chemotherapy? No. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic