IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

Well, well, if it's not the consequences of his own actions.  An anti-mask, anti vax COVID denier 30-year-old father of three with a pregnant wife, is near the end of life in an ICU in San Angelo, TX.   The husband tried to medicate himself with  Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin before being admitted to the hospital. The wife is being asked to sign a do not resuscitate order prior to determining when to stop treatments; they are out of medical options. 

His wife would probably be in there with him, but had enough common sense to wear a mask. She's set up a Go Fund Me for help with living expenses and hospital bills and will at some point soon be a young widow with little to no income and 3 young children and an infant to support.  I don't mean to make light of this; it is a 100% preventable tragedy and it is a tragedy.  He's also taken up an ICU bed since August 8. 

Texas Anti-Mask ‘Freedom Rally’ Organizer Fighting For His Life With COVID-19 His pregnant wife said this week that the hospital was “out of options” for her husband.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

When I read stories like this I'm torn between "how tragic for their family" and "well, they got what they were asking for." 

I feel bad for the kids that guy left behind, but damn. Make an effort to protect yourself. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

When I read stories like this I'm torn between "how tragic for their family" and "well, they got what they were asking for." 

I feel bad for the kids that guy left behind, but damn. Make an effort to protect yourself. 

The thing is though, he did. He tried all the things his subculture suggested - vitamin C, aspirin, zinc, ivernectin. The fact that none of them protected him is irrelevant - he was duped, and it killed him, left his children fatherless and his wife a widow. I am so angry at those who start these lies, who do the duping, who are too poll-driven to lead from the front and demand masks, promote vaccines. The Twitter thread about how to approach these people who have and are being conned into believing this crap is very informative - but it needs several people, preferably leading lights in the movement to realise it's a con and make it start happening.

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, Howl said:

aaaaaand one more: 

Sorry, not sorry. I am fresh out of anything resembling sympathy for such people. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Marc Bernier succumbed to COVID last night after 18 days in the hospital.  He was anti vax. 

This tweet may be the burn-iest of all burns. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 8/27/2021 at 9:19 AM, Howl said:

Well, well, if it's not the consequences of his own actions.  An anti-mask, anti vax COVID denier 30-year-old father of three with a pregnant wife, is near the end of life in an ICU in San Angelo, TX. 

Sadly, but predictably, Caleb Wallace has passed away. 

• Sad 3
  • Thank You 2

I am just having such a hard time understanding HOW these people are being so thoroughly duped. I mean intellectually I know that many of them are under educated, only watch half an hour of (fox) news a day, and tend to believe what they’re told. So of course they aren’t seeing the truth. 

But at the same time these are the people saying “do your research” and stuff like that. 

And many of them aren’t undereducated or uninformed, and should know better. But there they are dying of COVID and worse, putting thousands of other people at risk. 
I’m out of sympathy to give. And I’m irritated at myself for being so judgy but at the same time wondering how it’s possible so many people are so incredibly gullible and stupid!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

I wasn't familiar with this guy, but apparently he was an influential wing nut and very deep into QAnon.

• Thank You 1

Where the hell is airport security in that video from Miami?  That idiot should have been pinned to the ground as soon as he pretended to take a swing at the first man trying to calm him down.

• I Agree 3

I'm in favour of her discovering the process of getting natural immunity, preferably without being able to get an ICU bed. I'm over these morons today.

• Upvote 3

For those outside Australia - Drs here may soon have to decide who to give ICU beds and ventilators to, depending on who has a better chance of surviving.

I am very much in favour of hospital resources not being available to Covidiots. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/new-icu-guidelines-detail-ethical-challenges-around-those-most-likely-to-survive/news-story/9494ac77bcb5fc4c18a66f825299a35d

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, adidas said:

For those outside Australia - Drs here may soon have to decide who to give ICU beds and ventilators to, depending on who has a better chance of surviving.

I am very much in favour of hospital resources not being available to Covidiots. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/new-icu-guidelines-detail-ethical-challenges-around-those-most-likely-to-survive/news-story/9494ac77bcb5fc4c18a66f825299a35d

Thanks Gladys, Scotty and Greg*, stellar job.

I am so bloody angry right now.

*And the rest of their godawful incompetent governments.

• I Agree 1

I hope everyone who uses a fake vaccine card in order to go to Hawaii on vacation gets to enjoy the entirety of said vacation from inside a jail cell. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

There needs to be a website or subreddit: Covidiot shenanigans’ with photos of things like this. Name and shame them ALL!!

• Upvote 3

Comedian and podcaster Joe Rogan lost his $100 million dollar Spotify deal due to the star’s admitting that he took the animal dewormer drug ivermectin. Mr. Rogan went to Instagram and told his millions of followers he contracted COVID and told them he took the drug the FDA warned against. It only took Spotify, the world’s largest streaming service for music and podcasts, a few days to cancel his contract.

“Like most highly paid performers for Spotify, Joe Rogan had a morality clause in the agreement,” Spotify CEO Andrew Canard said. “It’s clear he broke it when he engaged in such irresponsible and dangerous behavior. It’s one thing to ignore the science and take a drug for livestock. It’s another to publicly endorse it.”

Yep talking up horse dewormer can be hazardous to one’s business. Fornicate him. 

• Upvote 3

Fuck.  Rogan has not lost his spotify deal.

Just days after Joe Rogan made headlines after contracting Covid-19, many of his fans have fallen for a rumour which alleges he lost his Spotify deal.

Rogan, 54, has since tested negative for the virus. Many media reports of Rogan’s Covid-19 diagnosis focussed on the fact that he had said he had also taken ivermectin. Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic drug, known as a deworming medication for horses or dogs (it is sometimes prescribed to humans in tablet form to treat parasitic infections, or as a topical medication to treat skin conditions such as rosacea).

A satirical blog, Patheos, started a rumour which alleges that Joe Rogan’s consumption of ivermectin has resulted in the cancellation of his Spotify contract. This is nothing more than a prank, although many Twitter users have fallen for it.

He totally should though. 

• Thank You 3

Let me get this straight.

Joe Rogan says he tested positive for Covid 19.
Rogan says he took ivermectin.
Rogan now says he's tested negative for Covid 19.

What are people supposed to infer from that?  Many are going to take that as proof that ivermectin cures Covid.

The kindest thing I can say about this ass is he's completely irresponsible.  But actually I wonder if he has any proof of anything he said.  Yeah, I'm wondering if he lied about the whole thing so he can pass on this dangerous 'cure' by claiming to have personal experience with its efficacy.  If challanged, he can say that the first test was obviously false, but he has to know that the story will stick with people looking to confirm their hope that they can fight Covid with horse de-wormer.

• I Agree 3

Over in New Jersey some hospital employees thought it'd be a good idea to submit fake vaccination cards.  And found out it wasn't.

University Hospital has fired several employees for submitting fraudulent COVID-19 vaccination cards in response to the Newark facility’s requirement that its staff be inoculated, according to a report.

The hospital, New Jersey’s only public acute-care facility, became the first in the state to mandate vaccination among all its employees, who faced termination if they refused. The requirement announced in June allowed for exemptions based on medical or religious reasons.

In an interview last month, Dr. Shereef Elnahal, the hospital’s chief executive, said more than 90% of University’s roughly 3,700 employees were vaccinated. Before the mandate, slightly more than half had been inoculated. The hospital also held a vaccine lottery to incentivize its staff, and four employees won $2,500 apiece.

It remains unclear how the terminated workers obtained the forged documents, as well as what their specific duties were at the hospital.

If it was up to me I'd report people doing this stuff to licensing boards.  And have them put on the OIG exclusion list, which would mean no more working for organizations which receive Federal payments from the likes of Medicare and Medicaid. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Someone might be an ex-SAP employee in the near future. 

A video of a maskless woman intentionally coughing on customers at a Super Saver grocery store in Lincoln, Nebraska, is being widely circulated on social media.

The original video was shared on Redditlast week along with the title, "Anti-Mask Karen Deliberately Coughing on me at South 27th Super Saver." The video quickly spread to other social media platforms, going viral on TikTok and Twitter, where a version shared by popular account Fifty Shades of Whey has been viewed more than 2 million times.

After the video went viral, Internet activist @thatdaneshguy didn't waste any time in identifying the "Karen" as Arizona resident Janene Hoskovec. According to her LinkedIn page, Hoskovec works for IT giant SAP as a Client Partner and is currently employed with the company's office in Tempe, Arizona.

In the wake of the incident, SAP released a statement saying they were investigating the incident. "The health and safety of our employees and the communities in which we live and work are of utmost concern to us," the company tweeted. "We are taking the matter of an SAP employee incident very seriously and investigating the situation."

Hope that’s not just a bunch of talk on SAP’s part and they get rid of her. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

43 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Hope that’s not just a bunch of talk on SAP’s part and they get rid of her. 

I'm sure Mikey can find a place for her at his pillow factory.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic