IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

Idiots 

All members of a San Francisco Bay Area school board resigned days after they were heard making disparaging comments about parents at a virtual board meeting they didn’t realize was being broadcast to the public.

The four members of Oakley Union Elementary School District Board had stepped down by Friday amid growing outrage that began with the board’s Wednesday meeting. Before the meeting officially began and unaware the public could see and hear them, they used profanity and made jokes about parents just wanting a babysitter or to smoke pot in their home.

The incident garnered national attention and widespread condemnation.

The district’s superintendent, Greg Hetrick, announced the resignation in a letter Friday and said that Contra Costa County education board members will replace them in an interim capacity, the Mercury News reported.

• WTF 3

On 2/9/2021 at 7:58 PM, 47of74 said:

The perils of using zoom without checking the settings first. 

Here’s the video in the spoiler  

Hide contents

$20 says his "assistant" is his ten year old granddaughter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

$20 says his "assistant" is his ten year old granddaughter.

Lol.  It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case.  Then again a lot of older attorneys aren’t that technically savvy. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I'm putting this into the "making something out of nothing" category. 

So, a woman is

• admitted to the hospital
  • refuses a COVID test
  • receives treatment while quarantined for 24 hours

Her daughter has a melt down, demands to see her mother, but refuses to wear a mask in order to get into the hospital to see her mother.  You're starting to see a pattern here. 

The daughter then calls the Sheriff's office, claims her mother is being held against her will (she wasn't), that the daughter has medical power of attorney (she doesn't).  

A Sheriff chats with mom, confirms she can make her own decisions and wants to stay in the hospital. 

The daughter meanwhile steams an online call for people to gather at the hospital to spring her mom.  Some show up armed, with gas masks.   At one point the group rushes the door to the ER to get into the hospital but are repelled by the police. They do this when the door opens for a patient trying to get treatment at the ER.    One guy gets pepper sprayed by the cops. 

In all, 22 deputies show up to deal with these yahoos who are blocking the entrance to the ER, trying to rush the doors and the hospital goes into lockdown.  But, get this, NO ONE IS ARRESTED.  How the actual fuck is this possible?  

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 4

3 hours ago, Howl said:

The daughter then calls the Sheriff's office, claims her mother is being held against her will (she wasn't), that the daughter has medical power of attorney (she doesn't).  

I read about this when it first happened and thought how frightening it must have been for staff and patients alike.  It pains me to say that my covidiot brother did something similar with our mom.  She was in lockdown at an assisted living facility. When told he couldn’t take her out and about when he wanted, he called the local police and claimed she was being held hostage.  He ended up causing her to be removed permanently from the facility, which was horribly disruptive for her.

Anyway, these yahoos must be on the same wavelength and not understanding or caring how quarantine works, especially in medical settings with exceptionally vulnerable populations.  My sister and I don’t understand how we ended up with a brother like this.  Argh! 

• Sad 6
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

She was in lockdown at an assisted living facility. When told he couldn’t take her out and about when he wanted, he called the local police and claimed she was being held hostage.  He ended up causing her to be removed permanently from the facility, which was horribly disruptive for her.

I'm assuming this did not endear him to her?  Difficult relatives and siblings - sending you a virtual hug! 

I'm fortunate that my most Trumpian relative (1st cousin, we're not close) lives halfway across the country. 

Somewhat funny story.  A mother-in-law was finally placed in memory care and she did NOT want to be there -- she retained the mental acuity to call a cab to take her back to her house. 

• Love 5

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Her daughter has a melt down, demands to see her mother, but refuses to wear a mask in order to get into the hospital to see her mother.  You're starting to see a pattern here. 
The daughter meanwhile steams an online call for people to gather at the hospital to spring her mom.  Some show up armed, with gas masks.   At one point the group rushes the door to the ER to get into the hospital but are repelled by the police. They do this when the door opens for a patient trying to get treatment at the ER.    One guy gets pepper sprayed by the cops. 

In all, 22 deputies show up to deal with these yahoos who are blocking the entrance to the ER, trying to rush the doors and the hospital goes into lockdown.  But, get this, NO ONE IS ARRESTED.  How the actual fuck is this possible?  

Gonna hop out on the ol limb which is on it's absolute last legs and guess it has something to do with the skin color of the protestors.  Because if they were minorities the state would have sent every National Guard unit rushing to the scene with all speed and firepower at their command. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

26 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Gonna hop out on the ol limb which is on it's absolute last legs and guess it has something to do with the skin color of the protestors.  Because if they were minorities the state would have sent every National Guard unit rushing to the scene with all speed and firepower at their command. 

Also gonna go out on a limb and say that  some law enforcement/sheriff might be covidiot Bundy sympathizers.  In addition, LE tends to go kid gloves on heavily armed white guys. 

I'm going to try to track down the youtube of the "protest"  insurrection at a hospital. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

This woman is a major asshole and is verbally insulting to the police, and then a guy shows up and also insults the police.  I don't know at what point this was taken; perhaps towards the very end as the patient was being released?  

Hard to watch. 

Also note that this episode happened at the end of January. 

• WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

On 2/27/2021 at 11:03 AM, Howl said:

I'm assuming this did not endear him to her?  Difficult relatives and siblings - sending you a virtual hug! 

I'm fortunate that my most Trumpian relative (1st cousin, we're not close) lives halfway across the country. 

Somewhat funny story.  A mother-in-law was finally placed in memory care and she did NOT want to be there -- she retained the mental acuity to call a cab to take her back to her house. 

My poor mother-in-law (RIP.) In her last year in the memory care unit, she used to complain that she didn't even have a quarter in her purse so she could take the bus! 

• Love 8

#@&!!!!&&^$$()()()(##!!!!!

The governor of the State of Texas, Greg Abbott, today (March 2) lifted all COVID restrictions, including mask wearing.  This directive supersedes local mandates.  We. Are. So. Fucked. 

• Sad 1
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, Howl said:

The governor of the State of Texas, Greg Abbott, today (March 2) lifted all COVID restrictions, including mask wearing.  This directive supersedes local mandates.  We. Are. So. Fucked. 

MIssissippi, as well.  I'd bet cash money that the governors themselves have been vaccinated, so it's the average joe still waiting for a vaccine that gets to be the canary in the coal mine.  They are gambling with their constituents' lives for their own political ends.  

• Upvote 7

The secretary at my school was crowing about this today. She was also reading the anti mask poem in the flavor of Dr. Seuss. I almost lost my dearest friend (hospitalized 9 days) and this woman's husband still says most cases were the "flu" and that they count all deaths as Covid. :pb_rollseyes:

• Disgust 1
  • Love 8

On 3/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, Howl said:

Whatever get people to focus on anything besides Texas's power outage.

• Upvote 4

And their are dumb fucks in Iowa who don't think CovidKim is reich wing enough

A 48-year-old Stuart man is charged with First Degree Harassment for leaving a profane voicemail with the office of Governor Kim Reynolds earlier this year. In the phone call, Harvey Hunter is accused of telling the Governor she should be hung or face a firing squad for “pushing this COVID scam.”

The phone message was left with the Governor’s office on January 5th, according to a police report. The report says Hunter was upset about recent COVID-19 regulations when he placed the call. He referred to the Governor as a “treasonous dictator” and other disparaging names. He suggests that the Governor should be “hung for treason” and that “every single one of ya pushing this <expletive> COVID scam, you need to hit the firing squad.”

A review of Hunter’s Facebook shows he regularly shares anti-government messages, including propagating the “Big Lie” that claims Donald Trump was unlawfully denied a second term in office due to widespread voter fraud.

• Upvote 6

Some douche cannons in Texas got mad that a restaurant decided to keep its mask mandate in place. 

Patrons at a Mexican restaurant in Texas threatened to call Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) on employees over their refusal to work maskless, according to the establishment's owner. 

"This has been ongoing through COVID," Steven O'Sullivan, an owner of Cantina Barba in Houston, told The Washington Post.

"We've had threats of calling ICE," O'Sullivan said. "I had one guy just stand there and berate one of my bartenders and tell her, 'You're an absolute idiot, you don't know what you're doing. If you think these masks are going to save your life, you're stupid,' blah, blah, blah. Nobody wants to deal with that stuff."

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) announced last week he wound rescind the state's mask mandate and allow businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity. 

I shared the story on my Facebook page along with a directive for those who applaud said douche cannons to get the FUCK off my friends list.  In those goddamn words too  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Anti masker says she’ll just go with Lyft. Not so fast. 

Ride-hailing app Lyft said they have banned a woman who was filmed assaulting and coughing on an Uber driver from using their service.

But she also said the driver, later identified as 32-year-old Subhakar Khadka, should not have kicked the friends out on the freeway.

"That's why I take Lyft," the woman adds before stating she plans on suing Uber over the incident.

In a tweet, Lyft said that they have made the decision to remove the woman from their app because of the "unacceptable" treatment of the Uber driver.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, 47of74 said:

In a tweet, Lyft said that they have made the decision to remove the woman from their app because of the "unacceptable" treatment of the Uber driver.

Here's a clip of her reaction to this news:

Spoiler

1134728966_summeroffear.gif.980b493425024c61bfc2e01fb566431f.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Up in Michigan a stick of fuck who beat up his girlfriend was busted being at her residence during his arraignment hearing.  Which cause pandemic was being held virtually. 

Coby Harris, 21, had been ordered to have no contact with his girlfriend after his alleged Feb. 9 assault on her in Sturgis, Michigan, which is about 45 miles south of Kalamazoo.

Because of Covid-19 restrictions, a March 2 hearing on the case, in front of St. Joseph County District Court Judge Jeffrey Middleton, was virtual, via Zoom and YouTube. The hearing included appearances by Harris and the victim, presumably from separate locations.

More than seven minutes into the hearing, as Harris' attorney objected to a question by prosecutor Deborah Davis, the woman appeared to look off camera to her right.

That's when Davis interrupted the defense lawyer and told the court: “Your honor, I have reason to believe that the defendant is in the same apartment as the complaining witness right now and I’m extremely scared for her safety."

Yeah, he was in the same residence.  The police were already there and the fucker was arrested.  He was taken off to jail after being told to get the cigarette out of his mouth and shut the fuck up (not quite in those words) by the judge.

The original video was wished out to the prayer closet but here's a reaction video for now.

It would be interesting to see future court proceedings where that bastard can't intimidate her anymore.  I hope he does a lot of time in a Michigan prison and his girlfriend gets away from him for good.

• I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

This jackwagon again: Warrant issued, Bundy arrested after failing to appear in Ada court for trial

According to text messages distributed by [Ammon] Bundy’s organization — People’s Rights — Bundy refused to wear a mask for the court hearing. Masks are mandated in all Ada County buildings, including the courthouse

I'm a little confused -- it sounds as though Bundy was arrested for not wearing a mask in the courthouse, and therefore was not able to attend his own trial. 

The charges

were trespassing and resisting or obstructing officers — in connection with the first of his two arrests at the Idaho Statehouse in August as the Legislature met for a special session.

In other words, performative asshole-ry.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

I saw this this morning, but only got a chance to post it now.

Maskless 'Karen' Cries Police Brutality In Arrest. Bystanders Say Nope.

Spoiler

Ron Dicker

·General Assignment Reporter, HuffPost

Mon, March 15, 2021, 5:28 AM·2 min read

A woman arrested at a bank last week after she refused to wear a face mask cried “police brutality” as she was handcuffed ― but fellow customers responded in a chorus of “No, no it is not.” (See the bodycam arrest video below.)

Terry White, 65, who said she doesn’t believe in the coronavirus pandemic, can be seen telling a responding officer at a Galveston, Texas, Bank of America that Gov. Greg Abbott lifted mask restrictions in the state. But the cop reminds her that businesses can set their own rules and refuse service to those who don’t comply. So mask up, or leave.

As the argument escalates, the officer says: “Ma’am, listen: We can do this the easy way or the hard way.”

“What are you going to do? Arrest me?” White asks. “That’s hilarious.”

When the officer gets out his handcuffs, she appears to struggle with him. He wrestles her to the floor and cuffs her. That’s when White attempts to recruit the sympathy of other customers by yelling “police brutality right here, people.”

But all she apparently gets is a “No, no it is not” from several customers who are wearing masks. “What a bunch of sheep,” she snipes back.

The Daily Dot, a Texas-based news site, called her “an anti-mask Karen,” a description echoed by many on Twitter.

White was issued a warrant for charges of resisting arrest and criminal trespass, The Daily News of Galveston County reported. She complained of foot pain in the video and went to the hospital with minor injuries, police said.

She told ABC 13 that she was “very opposed” to masks. “I won’t wear that diaper on my face!”

How much do you want to bet that she applauded the Supreme Court decision that said Hobby Lobby didn't have to pay for birth control? How much do you want to bet that she strongly and loudly believes that bakeries shouldn't have to bake wedding cakes for GLBTQ clients? How much do you want to bet that she believes a business has the right to refuse service to people. Oh wait?! You refuse to serve me without a mask?! THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!! THIS IS POLICE BRUTALITY!!!! ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!

• Upvote 9

On 3/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, Audrey2 said:

I saw this this morning, but only got a chance to post it now.

Maskless 'Karen' Cries Police Brutality In Arrest. Bystanders Say Nope.

Hide contents

Ron Dicker

·General Assignment Reporter, HuffPost

Mon, March 15, 2021, 5:28 AM·2 min read

A woman arrested at a bank last week after she refused to wear a face mask cried “police brutality” as she was handcuffed ― but fellow customers responded in a chorus of “No, no it is not.” (See the bodycam arrest video below.)

Terry White, 65, who said she doesn’t believe in the coronavirus pandemic, can be seen telling a responding officer at a Galveston, Texas, Bank of America that Gov. Greg Abbott lifted mask restrictions in the state. But the cop reminds her that businesses can set their own rules and refuse service to those who don’t comply. So mask up, or leave.

As the argument escalates, the officer says: “Ma’am, listen: We can do this the easy way or the hard way.”

“What are you going to do? Arrest me?” White asks. “That’s hilarious.”

When the officer gets out his handcuffs, she appears to struggle with him. He wrestles her to the floor and cuffs her. That’s when White attempts to recruit the sympathy of other customers by yelling “police brutality right here, people.”

But all she apparently gets is a “No, no it is not” from several customers who are wearing masks. “What a bunch of sheep,” she snipes back.

The Daily Dot, a Texas-based news site, called her “an anti-mask Karen,” a description echoed by many on Twitter.

White was issued a warrant for charges of resisting arrest and criminal trespass, The Daily News of Galveston County reported. She complained of foot pain in the video and went to the hospital with minor injuries, police said.

She told ABC 13 that she was “very opposed” to masks. “I won’t wear that diaper on my face!”

How much do you want to bet that she applauded the Supreme Court decision that said Hobby Lobby didn't have to pay for birth control? How much do you want to bet that she strongly and loudly believes that bakeries shouldn't have to bake wedding cakes for GLBTQ clients? How much do you want to bet that she believes a business has the right to refuse service to people. Oh wait?! You refuse to serve me without a mask?! THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!! THIS IS POLICE BRUTALITY!!!! ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!

Yeah I was just coming here to comment on this idiot.  She can go fornicate herself.  The longer she and other branch trumpvidians act out in public the longer we'll have to do this stuff.  This sort of stuff is really wearing thin on me now.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I was just coming here to comment on this idiot.  She can go fornicate herself.  The longer she and other branch trumpvidians act out in public the longer we'll have to do this stuff.  This sort of stuff is really wearing thin on me now.

What gets me is, after pulling these shenanigans at a bank, she goes to an Office Depot (or Office  Max) a few days later,

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4

On 3/11/2021 at 9:18 PM, 47of74 said:

Up in Michigan a stick of fuck who beat up his girlfriend was busted being at her residence during his arraignment hearing.  Which cause pandemic was being held virtually. 

Yeah, he was in the same residence.  The police were already there and the fucker was arrested.  He was taken off to jail after being told to get the cigarette out of his mouth and shut the fuck up (not quite in those words) by the judge.

The hearing was reconvened on the 16th.  I put it in the spoiler since the victim's testimony might be upsetting to survivors. 

Spoiler

Edited by 47of74
  • Thank You 1

Racist anti masker was caught on tape. 

While the vaccine rollout here in the States gives us all good cause to dabble in cautious optimism, it’s hard not to let out an exasperated scream whenever we’re all forcibly reminded of the continued presence of anti-maskers.

In one of the more inflammatory examples of anti-masker-ism in recent memory, we have footage now making the usual rounds in which a Trump-supporting white woman is seen calling a bakery employee in Manhattan the n-word after being told to wear a mask. As a reminder, we’re more than a year into the pandemic now, yet there are still quite a few people who want to insist on stirring up an ill-informed conspiratorial ruckus whenever they’re asked to do something that should be second nature at this point.

Speaking with the Daily News, the worker (who elected not to be identified) confirmed this all went down around 3 p.m. local time on Sunday and ended with the woman being escorted out of the restaurant by security. Security called 911, but the woman left the area while they were making the call. In the same report, Denaro defended her use of the n-word by saying “all of my children have a Black father.” And as for the footage going viral, she expressed excitement while revealing that she buys into a dangerous conspiracy theory.

“It’s actually great, because they’re forcing people in New York City to wear masks,” Denaro, who’s described in the report as a white woman, was quoted as saying. “It’s political theater. I don’t believe in COVID-19. It’s a hoax to convince people to use absentee ballots to steal the election from Donald Trump.”

• WTF 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic