IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I wonder how he'd feel about them doing surgery on him ungloved and unmasked. Honestly, these people who can't be bothered to do the bare minimum to protect others really annoy me.

• Upvote 5

I found a newspaper article about this from late September:

Another set of parents has sued the Clark County School District in federal court to eliminate its coronavirus pandemic mask mandate. They want $200 million in damages and criminal charges for top district officials.

Fourteen plaintiffs, with 18 children between them, said in the suit filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas that the school board and CCSD Superintendent Jesus Jara “blatantly and maliciously” violated the Constitution with the requirement.

“Plaintiffs' children have constitutionally protected interests in the benefits that come from them not being subject to the Board’s mask mandate, including the ability to pursue an education without being subjected to health risks that are not offset by any scientifically provable benefits,” the parents argue in the complaint.

The parents, who are representing themselves, claim violation of due process rights and allege that Jara and the school board committed felony threats “to injure a person” because masks have been “scientifically proven” to cause physical and mental harm.

To support their argument that masks harm children, the parents cite the results of a German survey published in a pediatrics journal that included critical caveats on the study’s “methodological deficiencies” and bias.

[...]

The parents not only ask the court to do away with the mask mandate but award them $200 million in damages and “each defendant held accountable for violating the public’s trust to the fullest extent of the law of no less than category C felony.”

The survey is written in German, but there's an English translation of the abstract. Call me crazy, but I think the parents only read the English version of the abstract. The second link has some English section headings, but it's mostly in German, so... :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I found a newspaper article about this from late September:

The survey is written in German, but there's an English translation of the abstract. Call me crazy, but I think the parents only read the English version of the abstract. The second link has some English section headings, but it's mostly in German, so... :confusion-shrug:

Are these people getting their legal advice from the Naugler School of Muh Rights? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Anti-Vax Flat Earth Preacher Dies of COVID-19

Rob Skiba, an influential figure in flat earth and Christian circles, has died of COVID-19, colleagues announced on Thursday. He had been fighting the virus since at least late August, when he began exhibiting symptoms after “Take On The World,” a biblical flat earth conference. “He has been sick since coming back from TOTW,” a Facebook friend posted in early September, adding that Skiba had been hospitalized for low oxygen levels. One of the country’s most prominent advocates of Flat Earth Theory, Skiba was also skeptical of COVID-19 vaccines and some of the illness’ treatments. On the first day of the Take On The World conference, Skiba authored a Facebook post suggesting that the COVID-19 vaccines were dangerous.

‘To those who disagree with my position on our current situation... One of us is right,” he wrote. “Unless YHWH miraculously intervenes, based on what I’m seeing/hearing, the one scenario that really does appear to be coming into focus is the likelihood that within I’d say 2 to 3 years or so... one of us will probably be dead. Truly, I take no joy in saying this, nor will I if I'm the one still standing.”

Skiba’s community memorialized him on social media. “Whether you agree or disagree with him on a particular subject, you can’t help but love his genuine, authentic, loving, disarming, comical approach to very polarizing content,” a friend wrote in tribute. “What a great teacher.”

:shakehead:

• Thank You 4

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

‘To those who disagree with my position on our current situation... One of us is right,” he wrote. “Unless YHWH miraculously intervenes, based on what I’m seeing/hearing, the one scenario that really does appear to be coming into focus is the likelihood that within I’d say 2 to 3 years or so... one of us will probably be dead. Truly, I take no joy in saying this, nor will I if I'm the one still standing.”

Hey, he was finally right about something!

Bye, dude. Hope you figured out you were the one who was wrong before you kicked the bucket. 

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Whether you agree or disagree with him on a particular subject, you can’t help but love his genuine, authentic, loving, disarming, comical approach to very polarizing content,”

Thing is, none of the content was polarizing. The earth is a sphere. Covid is a virus. The vaccines for it are safe. Being a contrarian, even an amusing one, doesn't change that he was choosing to tilt at windmills for the sake of it in the face of reality. 

Adopting a position in favour of universal tax-funded healthcare in the US - now that would have been polarizing content, with a lot of scope for debate. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/24/2021 at 3:25 PM, Cartmann99 said:
  Hide contents

monty python ugh GIF

That is beyond crazy! You’re not oppressed because you are choosing to not be vaccinated. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

On 10/24/2021 at 2:25 PM, Cartmann99 said:
  Hide contents

monty python ugh GIF

How times have changed -- my first reaction was "NOO, STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE!" :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I've got a suggestion as to what the unvaccinated United people can do but it's not very nice.

Almost all employees at United Airlines have complied with the company's vaccine mandate -- and they do not want to fly with unvaccinated co-workers, according to the airline.

United (UAL) is facing a federal lawsuit brought by six of its employees who have applied for a medical or religious exemption to the vaccine mandate. The airline has said that employees with valid requests for exemptions will be placed on either medical or unpaid leave. The employees bringing the suit are challenging the airline's decision to place them on leave.

US Court Judge Mark Pittman in Fort Worth, Texas, has ordered United to keep employees who have requested an accommodation on the payroll while the case is heard.

But United said in a court filing last week that it's not practical to allow them to keep working, because some vaccinated pilots won't fly with unvaccinated staff. In a separate filing, United said flight attendants have stated they would hold similar objections to flying with unvaccinated coworkers.

As in prayer closet not nice.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I've got a suggestion as to what the unvaccinated United people can do but it's not very nice.

As in prayer closet not nice.

I have an idea! All the airlines should go together and help start an all-unvaccinated airline. No Covid vaccines allowed, no masks, no restrictions. Each major airline can donate two of their oldest crappiest planes to the cause, and all their unvaccinated workers can be transferred to this airline. They can get special VIP passenger lounges (warehouses by the tarmac) and skip TSA entirely (because government overreach). They get the benefit of going directly to their plane by roll-up stairs. Passengers might even get the opportunity to load their own luggage, depending on whether there are unvaccinated ground workers available that day. Repair and maintenance work will be done at the airline's discretion. Pilots will still have to abide by ATC rules that affect safety for other planes and people on the ground, of course, but passengers can choose whether to wear seatbelts or not because freedom! 

I'm sure they can get the former guy to help with the startup, as long as he gets his name on the sides of the planes. 

I think one way or another this would help greatly with the way air travel is going today. The loonies could all fly together, and whether it's Covid infections, in-air fights (the head flight attendant gets to call these like a wrestling announcer over the intercom), or crashes - the number of willfully unvaccinated people will be reduced over time.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 3

@Alisamer, I love your idea. I'd also like them to never be able to land anywhere, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Maybe they could only land where there are pockets of willfully unvaccinated people? I hate  to do that to the sane people in Florida, Texas, etc., but at least they'd be less likely to take out the rest of us.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

@Alisamer, I love your idea. I'd also like them to never be able to land anywhere, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Maybe they could only land where there are pockets of willfully unvaccinated people? I hate  to do that to the sane people in Florida, Texas, etc., but at least they'd be less likely to take out the rest of us.

Good point. I suggest this airline be centered at the smaller airports at the edges of most cities (Concord instead of Charlotte, Sanford instead of Orlando, etc.), and each city gets to choose whether they are allowed to land there or not. Flights are only from low-vaccination areas to other low-vaccination areas, and there will be no connections with larger airlines allowed without a 48-hour quarantine and a negative Covid test. 

These will naturally be mostly vacation travel, so destinations such as Branson might be a good initial hub.

Honestly they could be one-way flights to a random remote island and that would be fine with me. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I'm sure they can get the former guy to help with the startup, as long as he gets his name on the sides of the planes. 

I think one way or another this would help greatly with the way air travel is going today. The loonies could all fly together, and whether it's Covid infections, in-air fights (the head flight attendant gets to call these like a wrestling announcer over the intercom), or crashes - the number of willfully unvaccinated people will be reduced over time.

Ya mean like this?

• Haha 6

So for reasons that I don't fully understand (and can't be bothered trying to) the state government has given unvaccinated people an extra month before they have to show their status to enter retail shops. (Personally I would have said screw them, they've had ample opportunity.) 

Anyway a new conspiracy theory is circulating in those groups that this is A Cunning Plan by the state government to blame new cases on the unvaccinated over the not-really-a-long-weekend Cup Day period. They are encouraging people to be cautious, not check in, and to use cash rather than card to pay so they can't be tracked.

I am trying to fuel this by suggesting that if it's a trap then the best strategy is to avoid it altogether, stay home, and use click and collect and/or home delivery. 

And people are agreeing with me.

Dying laughing here... and wondering if this theory is also an attempt by someone like me to convince people to just stay home and stop helping the spread.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Haha 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic