IGNORED

Chez Botkin back on the market

Deleted12

I CRS: Are the Botkins (or one of their corporations) actually owners of the property? I thought at some point it was determined that the owner was renting it to them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The house is far too Kramer ski lodge for me. :roll:

I know. And it was built in 2001!

So, where are they living now? Is this the reason behind the radio silence?

Where/why did they move?

I'm sure I remember reading something somewhere about them going back to NZ. Can't remember where I read it though.

The house seems really dark, not enough natural light there at all which is a shame as its a large house with a good plot of land. I'm insanely envious of your house/land prices in the USA. That sort of money would only get you a 2/3 bedroom box with a tiny garden here in the UK.

Aha - more proof of the reason for their extended silence. The bill collector has caught up with them again!!

I CRS: Are the Botkins (or one of their corporations) actually owners of the property? I thought at some point it was determined that the owner was renting it to them.

IIRC, the tax card inidcated that someone other than the Botkins owns the home, so I think they were renting. If you search it, I think I posted in more detail before back when I researched it. I'd be interested to know where they moved to.

Re: the house - even in the expensive world of Virginia real estate, that house looks at least a little bit overpriced. In my area, the land would be worth something, but the wood paneling and dated-looking outside of that house would drag the value down rather than enhance it. Too dark inside for my tastes, too.

The house is dark and icky. Worst color choices evah. Doug strikes me as the type of guy with some decorating skills, what a surprise that the house is so masculine. Maybe his wife decorated it!

In my area, that would probably be a 450-500K home, with all the land. It depends on what side of town it's on.

If they did return (or fled) to New Zealand, would the entire family go? Or would Ben/Audri & David/Nadia remain in the states? I can't see Geoff letting his sons be so far away from his control even if they are married.

How easy is it for Americans to zip back and forth to New Zealand? The easiest countries I know of to emigrate to are Uruguay and Norway, and even they require that each immigrant have $10,000 cash on them, plus university educations. Strikes me that the Botkins wouldn't qualify.

Perhaps they are moving somewhere that has better courtship/marriage opportunities for his daughters. They ain't gonna find anyone fancy enough for them in the Tennessee countryside, me thinks (that is an insult to them, not Tennessee, lol)

Are they from New Zealand originally? Remember, on that marriage webinar, when David said that because of his extreme holiness and righteousness (paraphrasing here) he was priced out of the marriage market in New Zealand? There just weren't any suitable women who were worthy of his headship there. Is New Zealand a home base for them or someplace they run to when things aren't going so well?

Also, the front of their house has no windows. Very odd.

I don't know which way the house is oriented, but from a passive-solar/energy-saving standpoint, not putting windows on the north side is a good idea.

I don't know which way the house is oriented, but from a passive-solar/energy-saving standpoint, not putting windows on the north side is a good idea.

Or they like not having windows on one side so people can't watch Geoff beating everyone. He comes off violent to me.

IIRC, the tax card inidcated that someone other than the Botkins owns the home, so I think they were renting. If you search it, I think I posted in more detail before back when I researched it. I'd be interested to know where they moved to.

Re: the house - even in the expensive world of Virginia real estate, that house looks at least a little bit overpriced. In my area, the land would be worth something, but the wood paneling and dated-looking outside of that house would drag the value down rather than enhance it. Too dark inside for my tastes, too.

Thanks for that, 'Chip!!

Now may I say what's been startling me since the first time I saw this topic? I keep thinking it says

CHAZ BONO back on the market

and I keep thinking, "What? HIM???? for whom? Sarah??????" :lol:

Doubt they're moving back to New Zealand to reside there. AFAIK, none of them is a NZ citizen & it's highly unlikely that one or more of them meet the fairly stringent immigration criteria that NZ has for would-be settlers.

House is about 1 1/2 hours southwest from Nashville, TN - fairly rural. I'm not a huge fan of knotty pine, but I'd love to have a commercial-grade kitchen and 20 acres with a horse barn - if I could afford to live in the middle of nowhere.

Perhaps they are moving somewhere that has better courtship/marriage opportunities for his daughters. They ain't gonna find anyone fancy enough for them in the Tennessee countryside, me thinks (that is an insult to them, not Tennessee, lol)

Hmm - if you're looking for good fundie prospects, I'd say either TX or VA would be good bets. There are plenty of political lobbying groups based in Virginia as well as some other very active conservative religious groups, and this has drawn plenty of fundies(mostly calvinistas) and fundie-lites to the state. And then down in TX, they've got Uncle Dougie, Jim Leininger and at least a few big, well-to-do, non-blogging fundie clans that I know of in the Dallas area.

Do the Botkins attend a regular church or do they home church? If they're really in the middle of nowhere what are their options for finding a Geoff-approved church?

Is there anyone here who lives in that part of the country and can illuminate day to day life there?

Are they from New Zealand originally? Remember, on that marriage webinar, when David said that because of his extreme holiness and righteousness (paraphrasing here) he was priced out of the marriage market in New Zealand? There just weren't any suitable women who were worthy of his headship there. Is New Zealand a home base for them or someplace they run to when things aren't going so well?

No, the parents are originally from Oklahoma, and all of the children were born stateside. They did live in New Zealand for several years, when Geoff worked for Jim McCotter's New Zealand Media Group.

20 acres, 6 bedrooms, at $325k?! Is this common for the midwest? I feel like the land alone should be worth more than that. That wouldn't even buy a one bedroom apartment here. Being responsible for 20 acres of land sounds exhausting.

This is outside of Nashville and pretty rural and yes. Nashville prices are high but 325 is about average for where it is.

Tax records indicated no sale of the house, but my sleuthing turned up Geoff was registered and voted in the last election.

The house is dark and icky. Worst color choices evah. Doug strikes me as the type of guy with some decorating skills, what a surprise that the house is so masculine. Maybe his wife decorated it!

In my area, that would probably be a 450-500K home, with all the land. It depends on what side of town it's on.

You mean Geoffrey Botkin?

Archived