IGNORED

The Wissmann Family

JermajestyDuggar

50 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing about Missouri is that fundies love Branson. They love Silver Dollar City. And that area is actually really close to where the Duggars live. I think it’s only an hour or so from the Duggar’s to SDC. So anytime they are headed that way, I assume they are meeting up with some Duggars.

There is a cinnamon roll shop that is owned by a close family friend of the Wissmanns in Branson.  The girls have gone there several times to help out on the weekends.  I imagine that Jeremiah will definitely come visit since he'll be less than two hours away.

• Upvote 8

Esther Keyes is in Arkansas and Carlin just said she can’t wait to see Joy. I’m guessing Jana’s shower is this weekend. 

• Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Esther Keyes is in Arkansas and Carlin just said she can’t wait to see Joy. I’m guessing Jana’s shower is this weekend. 

Carlin said that Joy is coming into town, so they’re going to be in Tennessee, not Arkansas

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Carlin said that Joy is coming into town, so they’re going to be in Tennessee, not Arkansas

Ohh thanks. I wasn’t able to listen.

Ugh! Why can’t you be a true “Christian” and pray for everyone in Afghanistan? It’s not just the church that’s under attack and suffering 

0A3040DF-B495-40B9-B5CE-A970A88C5F37.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

Ugh! Why can’t you be a true “Christian” and pray for everyone in Afghanistan? It’s not just the church that’s under attack and suffering 

0A3040DF-B495-40B9-B5CE-A970A88C5F37.jpeg

Right? The taliban will be punishing many people. Not just Christians. Pray for everyone they are harming. Even the Muslims. Because yes, they will also be harming plenty of Muslim people too.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Right? The taliban will be punishing many people. Not just Christians. Pray for everyone they are harming. Even the Muslims. Because yes, they will also be harming plenty of Muslim people too.

FFS these people. Since they love to pretend to support (but not serve in) the US military, they could at least pray for all the Afghans who worked with the allied military forces.  Rufus knows that they won't support any of these folks being admitted into the US as refugees.

• Upvote 14

If they were true Christians, then they be praying for everyone regardless of religion.  Not just the people who believe the exact same things that they do.  Apparently they missed the Golden Rule where you treat others as you'd like to be treated.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

If they were true Christians, then they be praying for everyone regardless of religion.  Not just the people who believe the exact same things that they do.  Apparently they missed the Golden Rule where you treat others as you'd like to be treated.

Exactly my point! These people are not true Christians who love everyone. Calling out that she’s praying for the church and not everyone in Afghanistan  is infuriating 

• Upvote 6

If they were people who actually think then they would see the similarity in beliefs between their fundamentalist Christian religion and the Taliban's fundamentalist Muslim religion.  I don't think the "flavour" of fundamentalism matters much at all - it is damaging no matter how you look at it. 

This being said, if anything this is worse than the fall of Saigon (or maybe there are just more pictures now). Today I saw a horrifying video of people falling from the plane they were clinging to in their desperation to leave. Not as deadly but tragic nonetheless - today teachers told their female students goodbye because the Taliban wants what all fundies want: to keep women under their control.

There's been a lot of bad news lately. I need a wedding to distract me. I'm going to need Stephen Wissman to (as we say in my area): "S*it or get off the pot" and ask Jana to marry him.  * drums fingers on table while waiting, waiting waiting and considers day drinking because it has been that bad lately*

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1

20 minutes ago, browngrl said:

If they were people who actually think then they would see the similarity in beliefs between their fundamentalist Christian religion and the Taliban's fundamentalist Muslim religion.

This exactly.

Various S'Mortons are sharing the same memes on their public IG accounts but, of course, they are incapable of making the connections between the uber-patriarchal Taliban and people like their very own Daddy Morton who married off his daughter to a pedophile. 

• Upvote 12

According to their insta, the Wissmanns put on a play at the music festival, and it was set in Egypt. May I direct your attention to their costumes as featured in this pic:
A47ABBFA-2067-40D7-977E-39715A7A8313.thumb.jpeg.b6fe494fee9f57b9bf726375a482b849.jpeg

And in particular, this wonderful gentleman:

C58BE5EF-C1BD-41F2-AABA-78C4596108A8.jpeg.332b3a65ea4e040ea628525074501ec1.jpeg

It honestly amazes me how completely tone-deaf these people are when it comes to racist stereotypes. Speechless.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 10
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

According to their insta, the Wissmanns put on a play at the music festival, and it was set in Egypt. May I direct your attention to their costumes as featured in this pic:
A47ABBFA-2067-40D7-977E-39715A7A8313.thumb.jpeg.b6fe494fee9f57b9bf726375a482b849.jpeg

It honestly amazes me how completely tone-deaf these people are when it comes to racist stereotypes. Speechless.

But I bet it was slightly less offensive than the Bontrager Christmas play ;)

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

I saw that Charissa is now selling Young Living products like Rachael.  I don't think participating in MLM's are great for anyone but it seems especially bad for a minor to join a MLM program.  I don't think Charissa is even 15/16 years old yet.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

They've done blackface in the last...5? 10? Years too. They're just awful.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, fundiefriday said:

I saw that Charissa is now selling Young Living products like Rachael.  I don't think participating in MLM's are great for anyone but it seems especially bad for a minor to join a MLM program.  I don't think Charissa is even 15/16 years old yet.

She will turn 15 next month. But she has always acted much older than her actual age. Probably because many of her siblings were grown by the time she was born. 

• Upvote 3

I don't see anything remotely Egyptian in those costumes. Even for someone as undereducated as Wissmans, I expected something "Hollywood-Cleopatra style", not House of the Prairie dresses. Not that Wissmans dressed as in an old Romans movie would be good, but at least would have some sense.

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling, as usual!
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't see anything remotely Egyptian in those costumes. Even for someone as undereducated as Wissmans, I expected something "Hollywood-Cleopatra style", not House of the Prairie dresses. Not that Wissmans dressed as in an old Romans movie would be good, but at least would have some sense.

I think it was supposed to be Egypt in the 19th (?) century, considering their description: 57642C3B-E299-49A3-95ED-9A81E2DB8C49.jpeg.bebbf4a0f5c6cd331362c408bc4e6c73.jpeg

It’s still horribly offensive, mind you…

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I think it was supposed to be Egypt in the 19th (?) century, considering their description: 57642C3B-E299-49A3-95ED-9A81E2DB8C49.jpeg.bebbf4a0f5c6cd331362c408bc4e6c73.jpeg

It’s still horribly offensive, mind you…

Oh I thought it was about Egypt at Biblical times, that's what I expected "ancient" outfits. Sorry.

Now I see... A faith-based orphanage, because Egypt at 19th century didn't know what faith is and the other orphanages were atheist-based, I assume. Why are fundies sooooo dumb????!!!!??!?!?

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

They've done blackface in the last...5? 10? Years too. They're just awful.

When was this

Editing to add: I'm missing something, because I don't know what you're referring to.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

9 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

When was this

Editing to add: I'm missing something, because I don't know what you're referring to.

I can't get it to come up on the Way back machine. The Wissmans, Nebraska Homeschool Convention 2011 did pretty much the same type of skit only some of the siblings were in blackface.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

59 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I can't get it to come up on the Way back machine. The Wissmans, Nebraska Homeschool Convention 2011 did pretty much the same type of skit only some of the siblings were in blackface.

I hate that they went private on their blog when the whole Jana/Stephen thing came out. 

• Upvote 9

Left hand ring finger. I checked her previous posts, she has never worn a ring on her left hand, if she has a purity ring it might be the one on the right hand. But if it really is an engagement ring, why didn't she bother to hide it at all? Unless they no longer care about the rumours 😂

Screenshot_20210820-220920_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, love2scrap said:

Left hand ring finger. I checked her previous posts, she has never worn a ring on her left hand, if she has a purity ring it might be the one on the right hand. But if it really is an engagement ring, why didn't she bother to hide it at all? Unless they no longer care about the rumours 😂

Screenshot_20210820-220920_Instagram.jpg

The image *could* be reversed…

• Upvote 16

On 8/20/2021 at 11:47 AM, DalmatianCat said:

The image *could* be reversed…

Agreed. Doesn't the placement of the camera on her iphone confirm it?

• Upvote 2