IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

26 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

So I popped on over to Twitter (as an aside, am I the only person who doesn’t understand how to navigate twitter?) and someone posted the sermon link. I looked up the church website- Lori’s BIL is the executive pastor. 

I would guess this means that Lori’s brother-in-law has no problem with women speaking in church. This will make family gatherings really interesting.  If Lori’s sister has been unaware of Lori’s nasty side, she is likely to see it now and it’s going to be aimed at her and the pastor. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Dafuq is this?  

ltwit.jpg

Another step in Lori's descent into dementia?

It's interesting they're saying KEN walked out. What about Lori? Was she even there? And if she was, why didn't she submissively follow her headship out the door?

Oh, I know. She was probably taking notes so she could post something scathing about the women who were speaking. 

She's mean, vindictive, hateful and very, very stupid.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

My pastor husband would probably agree a woman should not be the senior pastor

Why? Being senior pastor does not require a penis.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I would guess this means that Lori’s brother-in-law has no problem with women speaking in church. This will make family gatherings really interesting.  If Lori’s sister has been unaware of Lori’s nasty side, she is likely to see it now and it’s going to be aimed at her and the pastor. 

i think he has been there for a while. This is probably why Lori doubles down on her message and acts so angry and self-righteous all of the time. It also sheds some light on her absence while her mother was dying. I also think that’s why she pushes her books (she’s doing it again today)- she needs validation. I wonder if he was the one who told her she couldn’t lead women’s groups. They also have a women’s conference twice per year.  

As an aside, his church bio says he was the son if missionaries. Interesting, maybe? 

• Upvote 9

I wonder if this church publicizes it ahead of time that there will be a special presentation. It could be that these ladies’ presentations were on some schedule for a while - perhaps in the weekly bulletin or on the website. I would not put it past Ken and Lori to be aware this was going to happen and then plan to show up just to make a scene. 

I have seen people walk out of church services before and I’ve always wondered how they really justify their arrogance. They’d rather have NO worship experience that day than one they consider to be wrong?? I don’t get it. 

Edited by usmcmom
Typo
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

This Rich Stacey guy is an idiot -- in that he doesn't understand that by definition lesbians are  women, and only women (bolding mine).

To further push the homosexual agenda onto the population by creating so many problems between male and female relationships that many, especially women, would become lesbian.

He's also an idiot for spewing the nonsense that feminism is part of the occult and is witchcraft. (Would that I could put a spell on Rich.) 

He can string words together to make sentences, but they don't make sense. He's a terrible writer. 

Under what rock did Lori find him?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Did Lori ever even comment or acknowledge that her mother had died? I mean when it actually happened? Did she ever say “It is a sad day for my family. My mother has passed away?” I don’t think she did. I feel like we only knew of it because some of us followed Alyssa. 
My point is that Lori is more upset about a woman speaking in church than she was about her mother’s death. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

So feminist are witchy lesbians? Where’s my powers? Did I miss the meeting? I have some people to turn into toads ?. Being Bi I have the other part covered but that was way before I discovered feminism. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Lol, guys I got one of my alternates into the Chatroom. It's great....and by great I mean, the cringe is real. This one is about the "Little neighbor girl that likes JLO"

2.12.20.PNG

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 8

Well, If, when women were about to preach, no men... *with superiority complexes* showed up, it definitely would quickly solve *a* problem.

At least, I think men with superiority complexes in church are a problem that needs solving!

As for just Ken being the one to walk out, it's possible that Lori stayed to enjoy feeling persecuted and gather information to base her complaints on. After all, she's allowed to listen to a woman preach. It's only that women can't teach men, right?

And: That poor kid! Why was she in Lori's house anyways? Don't the neighbours know that she is unhinged and rants about sex on the internet all the time. Ooooh, but in *her* house they don't talk about gender. Right. I think she means that children are not allowed to talk about gender. She's totally allowed to. She talks nothing but 'men this' and 'women that'. Gender is her favorite topic. She just hates kids. And kindness. And the idea of anyone making a personal decision about their own gender. Somebody should keep a very close eye on *her* and how *she* speaks to other people's children.

• Upvote 12

On 2/12/2020 at 4:51 PM, SilverBeach said:

Why? Being senior pastor does not require a penis.

The people who hold to these beliefs (in my personal experience), are ones who realize that women are equal with men and therefore should not be barred from using any of their God-given strengths.  However, they try to reconcile this with 1 Timothy 2:12 ("I do not permit a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man"), by reserving the top authority position for men.  It's a loophole that encourages women to follow their calling but still observes a more literal view of the Bible.

• Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, EmmaWoodhouse said:

The people who hold to these beliefs (in my personal experience), are ones who realize that women are equal with men and therefore should not be barred from using any of their God-given strengths.  However, they try to reconcile this with 1 Timothy 2:12 ("I do not permit a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man"), by reserving the top authority position for men.  It's a loophole that encourages women to follow their calling but still observes a more literal view of the Bible.

I get this, I just don't buy it. My question was somewhat rhetorical.  If women are equal with men ("There is neither male or female in Christ"), then women pastors are OK, full stop. This "loophole" does not encourage women to follow their calling if they are called to lead by pastoring, and does indeed bar them from using their God-given strengths. This is cherry picking what verses to take literally, while ignoring others. If fundy types would just take scripture like the one you quoted in context, so many of these oppressive misunderstandings would be avoided. Like I said, there are no qualities granted just by having a penis that makes men more suited for pastoring. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

On 2/7/2020 at 9:12 PM, wallysmommy said:

What's a figure in your belly?

Just catching up with this thread.

I assume Ken was a victim of autocorrect, and meant that Trump has a fire in the belly.

I imagine Trump has a fire in his belly frequently, but from heartburn, not passion to get things done.

And, if he has a figure in his belly, it's a big zero.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

I guessed that's what he meant.  Most of the time with L & K, I can't figure out who's the stupidest.  Her, just because she is, or him because he plays into her stupidity.

Her tweets lately have been all over the map more than usual.  It's like she has no consistent train of thought.  Whatever pops into her pea brain goes to Twitter.

• Upvote 11

Lori's latest IG post /doodle is a direct quote from the sermon given at her church last weekend.  I listened to the sermon.  I wonder if the members of her church, in which her BIL is a senior pastor, knows about Lori's online life.   How would it be possible for them not to know?  

Purely speculation, but I'm guessing there are some fireworks in the family this week. I wonder if L&K had some strong words with the BIL, her sister,  the pastor, and others. etc.  I listened to the entire sermon and honestly felt it was reasonable, measured and the exegesis seemed spot on.  The guy who spoke is the head pastor of their church.  He referenced cultural differences and Greek language nuances in his sermon. He also pointed out other parts of scripture that point out that it is 100 fine for women to talk in church, learn, teach, preach. 

Oh to be a fly on the wall. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

So feminist are witchy lesbians? Where’s my powers? Did I miss the meeting? I have some people to turn into toads ?. Being Bi I have the other part covered but that was way before I discovered feminism. 

Third Thursday of the month at the library on 3rd street. 

Bring a friend.

?

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Third Thursday of the month at the library on 3rd street. 

Bring a friend.

?

But what if I am not a lesbian? I want to come to a meeting where I get witchy powers. I can't help it that I was born hetero. 

• Upvote 9

12 hours ago, EmmaWoodhouse said:

There is also a passage that talks about an elder being "the husband of one wife".  Most people at our church will acknowledge that the Bible does mention men being in the top positions of authority in a church, but they recognize that women have gifts to offer as well.  The wife of the seminary president where my husband attended would speak in chapel occasionally, but would speak from the floor and not from the pulpit.  

Personally, I'm OK not being in charge, just don't disrespect me as a woman and treat me like I don't have anything to offer. 

• Upvote 3

Aww damn! My alternate profile got booted from her sacred chat room already, I thought I was kissing her bony ass well enough ???

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

But what if I am not a lesbian? I want to come to a meeting where I get witchy powers. I can't help it that I was born hetero. 

If you're feminist enough then you are, by default, a dirty lesbian.  You see it's all a conspiracy.  You don't *think* you're a lesbian...yet.   It's the evil anti-feminist world that has been holding you back from truly fleshing out your potential as a man-role stealing Harlot.  

I mean really.....are you even trying? 

:laughing-rolling: 

Edited by Imrlgoddess
riffles
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, CrochetingGuineaPIg said:

Aww damn! My alternate profile got booted from her sacred chat room already, I thought I was kissing her bony ass well enough ???

If you just got in within the past day or two, and she hasn't let anyone else in very recently, she may have seen your post here and figured out who you were. That, or one of her minions saw it and reported your post to her.

(I personally think Lori reads her forum here daily. No proof whatsoever, but she just seems to me like the sort of person who cannot resist any mention of her anywhere online, good or bad! Hi, Lori! :my_biggrin: LOL)

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic