IGNORED

Did anyone else catch... Josh Duggar

sableduck

Oh, I know... It's when something looks like a purple dick right?! Purp and dickular!

But it has to be straight up and down....

Were you a fly on the wall a couple of weeks ago? I told my stepdad (who along with the rest of my family teases me about my endless watching of tv not in my demographic) that I was excited to finally be interested in a show on prime time tv. He asked me what show. Pan Am. He gripes about how all the scenes in the commercials were "sexy". I gripe about his fascination with death shows. (I am extremely pacifist and find his and mom's favorites NCIS/JAG/Criminal Minds very hard to watch, though intelligent and entertaining too). He says shows with death don't tempt him to kill, but shows with sex are tempting. Bah. Whatever. Three episodes in and Pan Am is fantastic (if somewhat sexy).

I once read a great quote: "On tv, it's better for a man to put a knife in a woman than to put his dick in her" (paraphrased). For the life of me, I can't remember who to credit that to. But it's just so weird that sex is more taboo than murder, especially since most people will have sex in their lifetime but most people will not be involved in murder.

I have never found the word perpendicular this amusing before. Thank you for the laughs :)

I didn't see that episode yet but clearly I need to. I'd also like to add that I recall watching Jurassic Park around when it came out and remembered enough of it even before re-watching it recently, and I'm Josh's age, so I'd argue he could've seen it as a child if there was a point in time when they were not too strict with the movies yet.

Pretty sure, too, though, that Joshie's been watching a lot more TV and quite a few more movies than he used to in Ma and Pa Duggar's house. That and sitting at the car lot desk would contribute to the rapid weight gain we've been seeing. Now, Joshie, since you do lurk here sometimes, I would like to point out that if you want to get rid of the beer belly, you could invest in a stationary bike or a similar piece of exercise equipment to use while you watch TV or movies. Or just move while you watch them instead of slouching on a couch or bed. Your choice, obviously.

...Josh's reference to Jurassic Park in the aquarium episode last night? I am thinking that the prohibitions against movies/tv have fallen by the wayside in the Josh and Anna household. From the reference he made, he has clearly seen the movie. (and Jurrasic Park is NOT a fundie approved movie)

Actually, Jurassic Park is considered one of the great greats. Even though it's not written from a fundie worldview, all the interns and VF staffers have seen it. Anything Spielberg is acceptable due to Geoff Botkin's love for the man's work. In the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Academy *breath* CD set, he goes on record a number of times praising Spielberg's sensitivity and understanding of what a father figure should be. He specifically played scenes from Jurassic Park and E.T. during the lecture. Isaac also went on to praise Spielberg later in the set.

Actually, Jurassic Park is considered one of the great greats. Even though it's not written from a fundie worldview, all the interns and VF staffers have seen it. Anything Spielberg is acceptable due to Geoff Botkin's love for the man's work. In the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Academy *breath* CD set, he goes on record a number of times praising Spielberg's sensitivity and understanding of what a father figure should be. He specifically played scenes from Jurassic Park and E.T. during the lecture. Isaac also went on to praise Spielberg later in the set.

LOLwut? In the book Alan Grant loved kids because of their fascination with dinosaurs, but Spielberg changed that in the movies, and Grant became someone who hated children but warmed up to them, however slowly. Spielberg had issues with his own father, and reflected this in his work.

The sad thing is... the beam is vertical. Not perpendicular. I mean, yeah, I suppose the beam is perpendicular to the floor. But JimBob says "We need to make sure these are straight up and down" and she responds "Which is perpendicular." Nice try, I guess...

4:08 in

LOLwut? In the book Alan Grant loved kids because of their fascination with dinosaurs, but Spielberg changed that in the movies, and Grant became someone who hated children but warmed up to them, however slowly. Spielberg had issues with his own father, and reflected this in his work.

Also, in the book the Laura Dern character is Grant's GRAD STUDENT and not his girlfriend. Trust Hollywood be totally baffled about why an older man and a cute young woman would, you know, go places together to look at dinosaurs. (Yes, my botany prof married his grad student, but he was a skeezy dude anyways. SO unethical.)

Hey Knight,

I've been reading through a bunch of your posts on other topics and I really appreciate your willingness to answer people's questions and clarify as much as possible. I have a few questions I'd like to ask too, if you don't mind more.

Let me know! :)

Hey Knight,

I've been reading through a bunch of your posts on other topics and I really appreciate your willingness to answer people's questions and clarify as much as possible. I have a few questions I'd like to ask too, if you don't mind more.

Let me know! :)

You interns really need to learn a thing or two about subtlety! LOL

Archived