IGNORED

Did anyone else catch... Josh Duggar

sableduck

...Josh's reference to Jurassic Park in the aquarium episode last night? I am thinking that the prohibitions against movies/tv have fallen by the wayside in the Josh and Anna household. From the reference he made, he has clearly seen the movie. (and Jurrasic Park is NOT a fundie approved movie)

I think Josh comes home from the carlot and watches a lot of TV. I think that may be one of the reasons he has become so overweight.

I think Josh comes home from the carlot and watches a lot of TV. I think that may be one of the reasons he has become so overweight.

Well, he has a lot of catching up to do!

He never learned "healthy TV habits" after all. It's like putting a juicy steak in front of a dog who has only known dry kibble.

I think ALL of the Duggars have "no tv" the way my house has no tv--we don't have cable or broadcast but we get everything on DVDs from netflix or the library! Especially on the bus I'm betting there's at least one movie in play all the time to keep the rug-rats quiet.

I didn't see that, but my daughter called me from college to rag about J'chelle calling the lake "Lake Linear" instead of Lake Lanier.

I don't watch the show anymore, but I did change the channel momentarily to see the Mother of the Year trying to wakeboard.

Mullet also said they watched the movie "Soul Surfer".... :?

I know she said they watched it, but seriously, for them- that movie should have been named "Nike!" Maybe they just let the girls watch it...

Jurassic Park came out a while back, so he could have seen it at any time when their rules were less strict. (Unless his comment suggested he'd watched it recently.) I think it's only PG-13 for violence/scariness, so there's not a lot of defrauding, and it even has a moralistic message (Don't play God) that I can see fundies getting behind.

Jurassic Park came out a while back, so he could have seen it at any time when their rules were less strict. (Unless his comment suggested he'd watched it recently.) I think it's only PG-13 for violence/scariness, so there's not a lot of defrauding, and it even has a moralistic message (Don't play God) that I can see fundies getting behind.

Yeah but there is a lot of science that they can't get behind ever... i.e. "God created dinosaur, God destroys dinosaur, God created Man..."

Heaven forbid they expose their children to someone insinuating that man and dinosaur didn't live side by side.

Yeah but there is a lot of science that they can't get behind ever... i.e. "God created dinosaur, God destroys dinosaur, God created Man..."

Heaven forbid they expose their children to someone insinuating that man and dinosaur didn't live side by side.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs...

Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth...

I like this version best!

I'm really amazed that he would watch anything with science in it, no matter how unrealistic that science is. I don't really see how a hardcore creationist could watch Jurassic Park. Maybe they watched it in some church group just so someone could explain to them how "wrong" everything was and reassure them that the Earth really is 6,000 years old. Or maybe it was a warning like "You think you scientists are so smart, but then you end up releasing this horror on humanity."

I also find it hilarious that our society in general, not just fundies, finds nudity more objectionable than the rampant violence in Jurassic Park. Getting eaten by a dinosaur is fine for a 14 year-old to see, but if any female nipples showed up it would have been rated R.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs...

Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth...

I like this version best!

Me too!

I think Jurassic Park came out before they went 100% Gothard/QF. He probably either saw it as a kid, or after he was married... although I definitely think the rules at La Mason de Duggar are breaking down. That is a TV gut if I ever saw one!

Mullet also said they watched the movie "Soul Surfer".... :?

Jim Bob implied that he "gets around"... :twisted:

I didn't see that, but my daughter called me from college to rag about J'chelle calling the lake "Lake Linear" instead of Lake Lanier.

I don't watch the show anymore, but I did change the channel momentarily to see the Mother of the Year trying to wakeboard.

At least she didn't get really confused and call it Lake Per-pen-DIC-u-lar....

At least she didn't get really confused and call it Lake Per-pen-DIC-u-lar....

Now you gotta ask everyone to repeat it.

I think Jurassic Park came out before they went 100% Gothard/QF. He probably either saw it as a kid, or after he was married... although I definitely think the rules at La Mason de Duggar are breaking down. That is a TV gut if I ever saw one!

I'm guessing it was after Josh was married. Jurassic Park came out in the early 1990s. Josh would have been a wee lad then. If he did see Jurassic Park back then, I doubt he would have understood/remembered it. And we know he has the big screen TV now.

Now you gotta ask everyone to repeat it.

Say it with me now, "Per-pen-DIC-u-lar!" Now who wants to look up its meaning? Anyone? What do you mean you don't know how to spell it yet? It starts with a "p," so go to the "p" section of the KJ Brand dictionary and sound out the words until you get the one that matches what we said. The first one to find the definition gets to spend 5 minutes with mama!

I can't tell you guys how many times I've gotten crazy looks in real life because someone has innocently said "perpendicular" in a sentence and every time -every damn time - I have to go "Per-pen-DIC-u-lar!" and they have no idea what I'm referencing. *mutters under breath*

I'm really amazed that he would watch anything with science in it, no matter how unrealistic that science is. I don't really see how a hardcore creationist could watch Jurassic Park. Maybe they watched it in some church group just so someone could explain to them how "wrong" everything was and reassure them that the Earth really is 6,000 years old. Or maybe it was a warning like "You think you scientists are so smart, but then you end up releasing this horror on humanity."

I also find it hilarious that our society in general, not just fundies, finds nudity more objectionable than the rampant violence in Jurassic Park. Getting eaten by a dinosaur is fine for a 14 year-old to see, but if any female nipples showed up it would have been rated R.

Were you a fly on the wall a couple of weeks ago? I told my stepdad (who along with the rest of my family teases me about my endless watching of tv not in my demographic) that I was excited to finally be interested in a show on prime time tv. He asked me what show. Pan Am. He gripes about how all the scenes in the commercials were "sexy". I gripe about his fascination with death shows. (I am extremely pacifist and find his and mom's favorites NCIS/JAG/Criminal Minds very hard to watch, though intelligent and entertaining too). He says shows with death don't tempt him to kill, but shows with sex are tempting. Bah. Whatever. Three episodes in and Pan Am is fantastic (if somewhat sexy).

Say it with me now, "Per-pen-DIC-u-lar!" Now who wants to look up its meaning? Anyone? What do you mean you don't know how to spell it yet? It starts with a "p," so go to the "p" section of the KJ Brand dictionary and sound out the words until you get the one that matches what we said. The first one to find the definition gets to spend 5 minutes with mama!

Oh, I know... It's when something looks like a purple dick right?! Purp and dickular!

Were you a fly on the wall a couple of weeks ago? I told my stepdad (who along with the rest of my family teases me about my endless watching of tv not in my demographic) that I was excited to finally be interested in a show on prime time tv. He asked me what show. Pan Am. He gripes about how all the scenes in the commercials were "sexy". I gripe about his fascination with death shows. (I am extremely pacifist and find his and mom's favorites NCIS/JAG/Criminal Minds very hard to watch, though intelligent and entertaining too). He says shows with death don't tempt him to kill, but shows with sex are tempting. Bah. Whatever. Three episodes in and Pan Am is fantastic (if somewhat sexy).

Pan Am has never made me feel like having sex... NCIS has never made me feel like murdering... And Law and Order: SVU has never made me feel like murdering someone after (or before) sex. I do agree that the tolerance for violence that doesn't exist for sex or nudity is confusing though. I'd rather my kids learning the "make love not war" way of life.

Archived