IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

I'll probably say this over and over, but these two Jed! and Katey seem like a bad match. I think she's too good for him. Yes it might be a little about looks, but mostly personality. If Jed! had a better personality, I wouldn't care about the looks. 

Jed! is the most fundie of all the brothers. That's why JB picked him to be the politician, because he's the one who will stand for the shit they believe in. Katey comes from a two kid family that seems to have gone fundie later in life.  She's not from a big fundie family, where they're used to doing without and she's not had to sister mom her whole life. She also seems more likely to remember things from before she was fundie, and that means she might have a better chance of wanting to escape fundiedom. 

His first campaign was flop, but he may want to keep running for office. If he wants to be a politician, she will have to get used to some public scrutiny. 

I feel like Jed! and Hannah would have been a better match and Katey and Jer would also be better. Maybe JB feels that Hannah will keep Jer fundie. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'll probably say this over and over, but these two Jed! and Katey seem like a bad match. I think she's too good for him. Yes it might be a little about looks, but mostly personality. If Jed! had a better personality, I wouldn't care about the looks. 

How could you possibly think you know this? He's likely spoken all of like, twenty words on camera.

• Upvote 9
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 9

8 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If Jed! had a better personality, I wouldn't care about the looks. 

You know you don't actually know him, right? You have zero idea about his personality. He has never been a focus on the show and he's limited on social media. There's no legitimate way to examine his personality. 

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

I've seen enough to get a sense of his personality. I also heard about his campaign which wasn't featured on the show. 

• Eyeroll 8

5 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

How could you possibly think you know this? He's likely spoken all of like, twenty words on camera.

And we know pretty much nothing about Katey. For all we know she has happily guzzled the kool-aid and has been just dying to find a fundie prince to make eleventy babies with.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 4

Also I guess my real point is that they come from a very different backgrounds. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Also I guess my real point is that they come from a very different backgrounds. 

I feel like Jinger and Jeremy came from different backgrounds. These two are both fundamentalist Christians.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jed! is the most fundie of all the brothers. That's why JB picked him to be the politician, because he's the one who will stand for the shit they believe in. Katey comes from a two kid family that seems to have gone fundie later in life.  She's not from a big fundie family, where they're used to doing without and she's not had to sister mom her whole life. She also seems more likely to remember things from before she was fundie, and that means she might have a better chance of wanting to escape fundiedom. 

His first campaign was flop, but he may want to keep running for office. If he wants to be a politician, she will have to get used to some public scrutiny. 

I feel like Jed! and Hannah would have been a better match and Katey and Jer would also be better. Maybe JB feels that Hannah will keep Jer fundie. 

Maybe they’ll be like Jill and Derick. Maybe she’ll lead him away from JB’s craziness-

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe they’ll be like Jill and Derick. Maybe she’ll lead him away from JB’s craziness-

That would be good. The problem is that he is the headship. He's thinks he can make all the decisions. Derick and Jeremy had easier time making changes since they're the headships.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I read Katey's blog on the Nakatsu family website. She has definitely drunk the kool-aid, and while I agree that she's out of Jed's league they seem perfect for each other. I don't see her leading him away from the family at all.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5

Just now, Bluebirdbluebell said:

That would be good. The problem is that he is the headship. He's thinks he can make all the decisions. Derick and Jeremy had easier time making changes since they're the headships.

Personally, I think the headship talk is just that. What does a sheltered kid who has never spent one moment alone know about leading anyone or anything? He hasn’t  even been able to make one personal decision for himself without his daddy’s approval. Not buying it-

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I read Katey's blog on the Nakatsu family website. She has definitely drunk the kool-aid, and while I agree that she's out of Jed's league they seem perfect for each other. I don't see her leading him away from the family at all.

I only scanned a few entries, but do we know if her Florida prison ministry work is connected to the Kellers? It seems like a long way from home to do prison ministry without having a connection to bring her in.

• Thank You 5

Just now, SassyPants said:

Personally, I think the headship talk is just that. What does a sheltered kid who has never spent one moment alone know about leading anyone or anything? He hasn’t  even been able to make one personal decision for himself without his daddy’s approval. Not buying it-

Joshua Bontrager is a good example of how he listens and completely obeys his father and also takes his headship role seriously. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

43 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jed! is the most fundie of all the brothers. That's why JB picked him to be the politician, because he's the one who will stand for the shit they believe in.

That might have more to do with his personality than beliefs... you need someone outgoing, friendly (or can fake friendly), who's fairly decent at debate and at off-the-cuff public speaking.  Not a niche for just anyone.  

1 hour ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I can imagine that JB is upset that he didn't get to do the People Magazine exclusive engagement announcement at this point, but it means that they can have several weddings to boost ratings for the show. I just hope they don't do a double wedding for the twins since each couple deserves their own wedding day.

What about a double wedding for the Duggar/Wissman couples?  At least in that case it's just 2 families involved rather than 3.  

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It probably depends on the individual. I can see Josiah being less rigid in the headship role, maybe JD too. I just don't think we remotely know enough about Jed to know what he will be like as a husband.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The headship talk is spouted about in theory, but much different in reality when it comes to fundie families, in my experience. I think from the Duggar family itself, it's obvious that Michelle and Jessa run their families. It's like what they said on My Big Fat Greek Wedding - the man is the head but the woman is the neck. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I only scanned a few entries, but do we know if her Florida prison ministry work is connected to the Kellers? It seems like a long way from home to do prison ministry without having a connection to bring her in.

It is not! I claimed it was twice in this topic, and I was wrong. Totally different ministry.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This.  In reality all these girls marrying Duggar boys are signing up for JB to be their headship.  They should take a good hard look at Anna and see what being unable to break away from your inlaws looks like.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, indianabones said:

yes! I linked the blog earlier. despite a "normal" christian childhood this Katey is now just as drowned in Kool Aid as much as anyone.

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, viii said:

The headship talk is spouted about in theory, but much different in reality when it comes to fundie families, in my experience. I think from the Duggar family itself, it's obvious that Michelle and Jessa run their families. It's like what they said on My Big Fat Greek Wedding - the man is the head but the woman is the neck. 

I have always said Michelle wears the pants in every way except literally.

I 100% believe this whole fundy crazy is her and JB is a figurehead who goes along with the program.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have always said Michelle wears the pants in every way except literally.

I 100% believe this whole fundy crazy is her and JB is a figurehead who goes along with the program.  

Oh for sure. I firmly believe JB would have been done having kids around 6-10. I do think he believes in a big family, but I think the excessive baby making was alllllllllll Michelle. 

• Upvote 16

I think the fact that Katey "chose" to become a fundamentalist Christian when she was 13 and "chose" to dress modestly a few years later has made her more entrenched than someone born into the lifestyle. Converts are often more zealous.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 19

2 minutes ago, viii said:

Oh for sure. I firmly believe JB would have been done having kids around 6-10. I do think he believes in a big family, but I think the excessive baby making was alllllllllll Michelle. 

Absolutely.  She was addicted to pregnancy and religion was a handy justification.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

21 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

What about a double wedding for the Duggar/Wissman couples?  At least in that case it's just 2 families involved rather than 3.  

Just like the Bowers/Bontragers did. Although the dynamics are a little different because its 2 brother-sister pairs in this case.

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, indianabones said:

I think the fact that Katey "chose" to become a fundamentalist Christian when she was 13 and "chose" to dress modestly a few years later has made her more entrenched than someone born into the lifestyle. Converts are often more zealous.

I'd say that he ability to switch gears like that at 13, and at 15 means she is also a candidate to switch away from the lifestyle. 

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic