IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

Yeah, I blew up the invitation, and it said the wedding would be via livestream. 

Curious who sent this to WOACB.

• Upvote 2

Several things wrong with this...

Jed looks very ‘shopped. The invite lists their names and not the parents’ as hosting the wedding...both families are very traditional so I highly doubt they would switch it up with this wedding.  And Katey’s name would never be first.

KJ has a lot of haters...I wonder if this is a set up? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Know why I think that pic was photoshopped? Look at Jed’s ears. They are almost non existent! They were partly cut off!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

That pic is definitely photoshopped. Unless there's something from the Duggars themselves, I don't trust any announcements.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 4

can someone post a screenshot please, I am curious. Also why does KJ have a lot of haters? Is KJ, Katey?

• I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

can someone post a screenshot please, I am curious. Also why does KJ have a lot of haters? Is KJ, Katey?

KJ = Katie Joy. She’s ‘Withoutacrystalball’

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
Typo
  • Thank You 4

Spoiler

974194032_weddinginvitation.jpg.648140184fd192e789e17424fedd9dd6.jpg

Spoiler

1414328456_jessa-duggar-wedding-invite_2.thumb.jpg.ee1289c9a9fb5e2df96df0b60b62cd23.jpg

Spoiler

fc95f74ddb341875de0ba9c7c7bfe2f1.jpg.7a5751d7f56963d2fdee26e6e63f1969.jpg

Spoiler

85b08883300c9ed8437a714134d3d23e.jpg.73dd9d923c96e564f36e330cc261b646.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_phmz6hKaZn1qet7nn_500.jpg.3770163974e5ab882af7b6c4a3890c56.jpg

The invitation is definitely fake. Look how different it is from all the ones they've had before.

I'm going to be in the minority, because I think the photo is real. I just think the backdrop behind them was sloppily photoshopped out.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Where is our lovely insider Frozensmile?  I think that was them. She normally has some kind of confirmation. The abbie invite made me think of her/him because they were invited (if memory serves).

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Where is our lovely insider Frozensmile?  I think that was them. She normally has some kind of confirmation. The abbie invite made me think of her/him because they were invited (if memory serves).

I don’t believe @FrozenSmile was invited to Justin’s wedding and probably wouldn’t be to this one either. She knew the older girls and they had really large weddings. 
I’m in the camp the picture is real but the invite is fake. Announcement coming tomorrow!

• Upvote 9

I could go either way on real vs. fake. There is a reason why the wording is different. At the other weddings, there was a large social event hosted by the parents, therefore “Mr. and Mrs. JBD request the honor of your presence.” That would be ludicrous for a livestream. I don’t think the style is a significant departure from the earlier invites, given that the information they need to provide is so different. 

I don’t remember seeing JD and Abbie’s invite before. I guess they were hoping that an elaborate font could class up “Reception to be held at Ada Regional Airport.” 

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I don’t believe @FrozenSmile was invited to Justin’s wedding and probably wouldn’t be to this one either. She knew the older girls and they had really large weddings. 
I’m in the camp the picture is real but the invite is fake. Announcement coming tomorrow!

announcement that it is fake coming tomorrow or that they are courting tomorrow

• Upvote 3

I obviously have no idea if it is real or not, but I don’t think the wording is indicative of anything. Traditionally the wedding is hosted by the bride’s family and Katey has a complicated mom/stepmom situation that as fundies they probably don’t want to draw attention to. Plus, I bet JB and mechelle are chipping in some funds. Easier to say together with their families than list out everyone’s names.

Also, all of those listed invites are Duggar daughters, so of course they would be worded the same. Abbie’s doesn’t list anyone’s name.

And did they actually spell hangar with an e?? Surely a PILOT would know better than that!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I obviously have no idea if it is real or not, but I don’t think the wording is indicative of anything. Traditionally the wedding is hosted by the bride’s family and Katey has a complicated mom/stepmom situation that as fundies they probably don’t want to draw attention to. Plus, I bet JB and mechelle are chipping in some funds. Easier to say together with their families than list out everyone’s names.

Also, all of those listed invites are Duggar daughters, so of course they would be worded the same. Abbie’s doesn’t list anyone’s name.

I included JD's invitation (I couldn't find Josiah's or Justin's online, probably because they didn't invite Jill Rodrigues to those weddings ?)

The Duggars always put pictures of the couples on their invitations. I'd give it a pass if the parents' names were the only detail excluded, but that invitation is so tiny and lacking in detail that I think it's much more likely that someone faked it than it being real.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 7

I guess we’ll find out soon! It would definitely be very unduggarlike to have a secret unpublicized wedding. April 3rd is pretty soon. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I included JD's invitation (I couldn't find Josiah's or Justin's online, probably because they didn't invite Jill Rodrigues to those weddings ?)

The Duggars always put pictures of the couples on their invitations. I'd give it a pass if the parents' names were the only detail excluded, but that invitation is so tiny and lacking in detail that I think it's much more likely that someone faked it than it being real.

It’s also extremely easy to fake a wedding invite without any pics. If there were pics on the invite that haven’t ever been published, I could believe it. But it’s just type. How easy to fake.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20210315-170847.thumb.png.042b526624f0883bdd6b38d3a26316d7.png

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210315-170902.png.30c63dc88c0093ccf7c5ee075287d7a7.png

Invite is under the spoiler tag.

yeah that picture looks like it 1) an old photo of Jed that I swear I've seen before cropped at his outline, 2) superimposed with either a generic white-girl-with-engagement-ring + Katey's face OR picture of Katey doing the sterotypical pose + a photoshopped hand. 

And there's no way to prove a text-only invite is real/fake therefore it's *obviously* real to WACB...

idk where else on the Duggar forum to ask, but has this blog of Katey's been found before? https://www.nakatsus.com/katey/ i know the main family blog has...but Katey's updated her personal page more recently

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

WOACB insists that these aren't fakes and were sent to her from a family friend. Well, as others have said, we won't have long to find out whether this is real or if she was bamboozled, possibly by one of her haters.

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

WOACB insists that these aren't fakes and were sent to her from a family friend. Well, as others have said, we won't have long to find out whether this is real or if she was bamboozled, possibly by one of her haters.

I’m not a fan of hers so I’m kind of hoping some faked her out. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

I have a hard time believing a ‘family friend’ leaked these...didn’t the invite leaks pretty much stop once they stopped inviting the Rods?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

And did they actually spell hangar with an e?? Surely a PILOT would know better than that!

You would think John David would know better. Then, he is also a graduate of the School of the Dinning Room Table, just like Alyssa Bates Webster.

(For those who don't read the Bates threads, Alyssa and family are moving and she showed paint or flooring for her new "dinning room". This has launched quite the discussion.)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

picture is good but I am still going with fake something about her hand placement near the tie.... 

As far as the speed of this (thinking it's false because there was never a courtship announcement)... I'm not familiar with Katey's family but is there a chance that there's a terminally ill parent or grandparent that they are rushing the wedding for?  

• Upvote 1

I watched her YouTube video about it. She claims that no one outside the immediate family knew that Jed and Katey were together until the invitations were sent out. She also claims that Jim Bob would go around telling people that Jed was courting a girl from Arizona but never mentioned her name. She also speculates that they're having a shotgun wedding ?.

Here is a photo of the full invitation front.

Screenshot_20210315-210043.png.61199e68fd76eb11c4d0b1dfaad6e961.png

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic