IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

24 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

It’s a joke. Hilary Spivey frequently comments on Jason Duggar’s social media, to the point it’s getting creepy...

I didn’t want to say anything, but I noticed that Hilary has a special interest in Jason. It’s really weird. 

• Upvote 9

My opinion on TLC:

They have new money makers. Cable tv channels are not doing great now that there’s Netflix and Hulu plus a bunch of other options. But TLC is still doing ok because the 90 Day Fiancé franchise is doing very well. They also have a bunch of spin offs from the 90 Day shows. The Duggars used to make TLC some money. I highly doubt they are bringing in enough ratings to keep them on tv. If Jana was a money hungry entrepreneur like her father, she would be smart to try to get in some shows with her idols Chip and Jo on their new network “Magnolia.” Because Counting On is dying in my opinion. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

There's also the recent launch of Discovery+, meaning TLC could be looking for content to move to streaming only like I've seen from some of the other Discovery networks. Maybe there's disagreement over whether or not they should be moved to D+.

(Side rant: I hate all these new streaming services. People started using streaming to pay less by getting rid of cable, but now you need like 15 different services to watch everything you want to watch, which adds up to more than cable. And those that still pay for cable are having existing programming moved to streaming only, meaning they're paying (and having rates hiked) for a product that is continually losing value. End rant.)

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 12

27 minutes ago, Smee said:

My guess regarding the password is that it’s too close to the date to set a new one and get the word out to all their friends, especially if they don’t know who the leak was and so a new password might leak anyway.

Oh I agree that it would be a pain in the arse to change the password, but they would have done it if it was important to them. And the current password wasn’t leaked...a Redditor guessed it. It is stupid easy to guess. 

• Upvote 1

Jer’s boo probably is Hannah, but are we sure? Jer is closer in age to Susanna and Alaythia...

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Smee said:

@Marionettethank you for all this! It’s such a toxic sounding environment, I can only imagine how hard it must be to break free and see people you care about still enmeshed. Is Sarra Kimble anyone you’ve heard of, or is that likely to be a fake?

No problem! It was very traumatizing to leave, and I was told I was apostate and a God-hater, even though at the time I only switched to SBC (which I knew was problematic, but... baby steps...). Covid isolation has helped me in weird ways with reevaluating everything, so I’m not sure what my church involvement will look like when things open back up. I still identify as Christian, but I’ve become pretty liberal socially/politically, so maybe I can one day be a part of a more liberal church. I don’t know which takes more “guts”—switching denominations or leaving church all together. Church people are brutal when you don’t do what they expect of you, and I haven’t been out long enough to know many people outside of that “bubble.” Thankful for supportive friends & FJ!

ETA: Got carried away... The last name Kimble sounds familiar, but I can’t put my finger on it. I haven’t heard anything about James being in a relationship, let alone engaged, so it may be some other James Duggar. 

Edited by Marionette
posted too soon
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 24

12 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Jer’s boo probably is Hannah, but are we sure? Jer is closer in age to Susanna and Alaythia...

They were standing close together in a group picture at the silos and none of her sisters were there. I don’t think they care about age much. She’s over three years older than Jer. Jessa is over 3 years older than Ben. I don’t think it’s a major factor.

In the pic, the arrow is over the guy who might be Stephen. The star is over Jer and Hannah. 

4D12A775-C425-4D70-8AAD-A7657B7A7E9F.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 16

I like Stephana for Jana, seems to have a natural flow to it like Benessa do. Personally I'm thinking Jeremannah for Jer ?. And I think of Katey as J'Katey bc we didn't know for so long which J'Howler was hers lmao ?? but maybe Katediah?

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

There's also the recent launch of Discovery+, meaning TLC could be looking for content to move to streaming only like I've seen from some of the other Discovery networks. Maybe there's disagreement over whether or not they should be moved to D+.

(Side rant: I hate all these new streaming services. People started using streaming to pay less by getting rid of cable, but now you need like 15 different services to watch everything you want to watch, which adds up to more than cable. And those that still pay for cable are having existing programming moved to streaming only, meaning they're paying (and having rates hiked) for a product that is continually losing value. End rant.)

We like to watch Battlebots on Discovery. They had a special tournament on D+. They would advertise it during the show. We said we could live without it for now. Tomorrow night this tournament is being re-run on the regular Discovery. I don't know who won any of the battles, so for me, its a fresh series and I didn't have to pay extra. 

We bought new Smart TVs and find that in addition to Netflix, we watch a lot of the free streaming services, like Pluto. They have a channel that plays all the old Price is Rights! A couple of weekends ago when I was in bed sick with fever from my second covid shot, I spent the day with Bob Barker. It was like being a kid again! They also have interesting movie channels. 

We still have cable but I keep telling my husband we should drop our package to the most basic. We will keep Netflix and the freebies. If I want to watch Disney+ or HBO Now, I can rent out (for free) a Roku at the library I work at. That is how we watched WandaVision. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I didn’t want to say anything, but I noticed that Hilary has a special interest in Jason. It’s really weird. 

Hold up....there's a Jason?? Is he older than Jackson? I started watching the Duggars when Jackson was born. Hilary might want him for her younger daughter ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Hold up....there's a Jason?? Is he older than Jackson? I started watching the Duggars when Jackson was born. Hilary might want him for her younger daughter ?

Yes. Jackson is the youngest boy. 
The six boys in a row are The Twins(Jed and Jer) then Jason, James, Justin, and Jackson. 

• Thank You 8

6 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

He's after Jeremiah. "Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johanna, Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie," is the final list. And yes, I hear Mechelle's voice in my head as I mentally recite it ??‍♀️

Edit: Jinx @JermajestyDuggar?

Edited by CaptainFunderpants
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

It’s Jason, James (who names his eighth son after himself?), Justin, Jackson. They were all born within four years and one month.

• Thank You 2

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I wonder if Jason and Justin were close? If they were friends she might be trying to give her son-in-law (love I mean) a boost. I feel like Jason, James and Justin are all kind of a blur. I’m not sure I could tell one from another if my life depended on. I know that James and Justin were kind to their buddies, Jenny and Jordyn (the two most neglected girls) but that’s all I know. Is Jason a pilot? I’ve heard they go for that kind of thing in the Duggar clan. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

It is stupid easy to guess. 

I feel like an idiot because I am apparently the only one who can't guess it. Someone please at least give me a hint!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

We like to watch Battlebots on Discovery. They had a special tournament on D+. They would advertise it during the show. We said we could live without it for now. Tomorrow night this tournament is being re-run on the regular Discovery. I don't know who won any of the battles, so for me, its a fresh series and I didn't have to pay extra. 

We bought new Smart TVs and find that in addition to Netflix, we watch a lot of the free streaming services, like Pluto. They have a channel that plays all the old Price is Rights! A couple of weekends ago when I was in bed sick with fever from my second covid shot, I spent the day with Bob Barker. It was like being a kid again! They also have interesting movie channels. 

We still have cable but I keep telling my husband we should drop our package to the most basic. We will keep Netflix and the freebies. If I want to watch Disney+ or HBO Now, I can rent out (for free) a Roku at the library I work at. That is how we watched WandaVision. 

Haha my husband and I have been watching the old price is right episodes too!  It’s oddly fun to watch people win 40 year old cars ? And the prices are crazy. Some things were so much higher back then than they are now, yet brand new cars were only around 5000-6000

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, Travelfan said:

Haha my husband and I have been watching the old price is right episodes too!  It’s oddly fun to watch people win 40 year old cars ? And the prices are crazy. Some things were so much higher back then than they are now, yet brand new cars were only around 5000-6000

I'm always surprised that I can guess a lot of the prices. 

• Upvote 3

Oh, the Old Price is Right brings back memories. For me Bob Barker really is the consulate game show host. He made it look so easy and I am impressed with how long he kept doing it. Plus, he always ended with a PSA about spaying and neutering your cats and dogs. 

• Upvote 5

When I was a kid, it was basically mandatory to watch The Price is Right when you stayed home sick from school. Otherwise, what was the point?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Oh, the Old Price is Right brings back memories. For me Bob Barker really is the consulate game show host. He made it look so easy and I am impressed with how long he kept doing it. Plus, he always ended with a PSA about spaying and neutering your cats and dogs. 

Watching the old shows, I see how good he was with the contestants. He always seemed to ask them about themselves. He was funny without making fun either. 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I was a kid, it was basically mandatory to watch The Price is Right when you stayed home sick from school. Otherwise, what was the point?

It was the one thing you looked forward to! No matter how sick, you had it on. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

My 85 YO mom still watches The Price is Right and Let’s Make a Deal. That lady knows the price of everything. If you put a $ sign in front of a number she’s a math genius.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My 85 YO mom still watches The Price is Right and Let’s Make a Deal. That lady knows the price of everything. If you put a $ sign in front of a number she’s a math genius.

Reading about your mom, my mind immediately went to Kevin in this scene from The Office. 

Spoiler

FD04B300-FF48-49F4-8B0C-994986FE5F76.jpeg.dccae78cf77d81fd6dd938c3330d308e.jpeg

• Haha 24
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic