IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

4 hours ago, EmiSue said:

I am truly surprised Katey and whichever twin hasn't been announced. It's been hinted for, what, a year or more now? And if her dad has property in NWA that the Duggars are building on, it's obviously serious. Makes me wonder if the show isn't a sure thing right now and they're delaying until they're done negotiating. 

My purely speculative guess is that they’re going to announce more than one courtship and they’re just waiting for the second one to ‘finalize’. I agree, the Katey/J-boy relationship has been going on for a while.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, EmiSue said:

I am truly surprised Katey and whichever twin hasn't been announced. It's been hinted for, what, a year or more now? And if her dad has property in NWA that the Duggars are building on, it's obviously serious. Makes me wonder if the show isn't a sure thing right now and they're delaying until they're done negotiating. 

My theory is that we sometimes find these things before they're ready to announce. They seem to have pretty strict standards for announcing now and we know from Jessa/Ben and Joy/Austin that sometimes the getting to know you period or courtships are longer for whatever reason. Austin waited a year to court Joy I think it was from the CO fake permission scene. Only now, they don't tell us until it's over and done. 

• Upvote 8

On 3/10/2021 at 6:40 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

My purely speculative guess is that they’re going to announce more than one courtship and they’re just waiting for the second one to ‘finalize’. I agree, the Katey/J-boy relationship has been going on for a while.

Especially if the other courtship is the second twin. A twin courtship followed by a twin wedding would be something new. Or as new as things get in Duggarland. 

I really hope this isn’t the case because I think the brides deserve at least one day that’s all about them before they are assimilated into the Borg.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

Especially if the other courtship is the second twin. A twin courtship followed by a twin wedding would be something new. Or as new as things get in Duggarland. 

I really hope this isn’t the case because I think the brides deserve at least one day that’s all about them before they are assimilated into the Borg.

In the US, the bride and her family usually plan and orchestrate the wedding. So while twin men might want a singular ceremony, the brides and their families (especially for very younger women) would have to agree to that arrangement. If the twins were engaged women, they likely would have less of a voice in the matter( especially for younger gals whose parents are footing the bill).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Topaz said:

They wouldn't do a twin wedding, he needs the ratings and you'll get more for two separate weddings. Plus there double wedding wouldn't get as many ratings as a Jana wedding

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, raayx01 said:

They wouldn't do a twin wedding, he needs the ratings and you'll get more for two separate weddings. Plus there double wedding wouldn't get as many ratings as a Jana wedding

A twin wedding would get way more ratings than two separate howler weddings combined.

Jana is a different story.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 25

The Amazon registry they had listed under Jediddiah and Katelyn's names I can no longer find.  If all gifts are bought do they just go away? Sorry for asking I'm just not sure how they work.  The Walmart and Zola registries are still showing 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

The Amazon registry they had listed under Jediddiah and Katelyn's names I can no longer find.  If all gifts are bought do they just go away? Sorry for asking I'm just not sure how they work.  The Walmart and Zola registries are still showing 

I believe a registry would stay up until deleted...even if everything was purchased it would still be there. 

I think the registries are fake. The Duggars usually try to keep things under wraps until they are ready to announce, and the registries are too obvious. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I can still see the Amazon registry, with quite a few items purchased and a wedding date of April 3 (which likely means nothing). Who's buying all this crap from this unconfirmed registry??

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

And a wedding on Apr 3rd makes no sense since it’s Holy Saturday and the day before ‘Resurrection Day’.  That would also put the rehearsal dinner on Good Friday...yeah no.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

I still think they're fake because it makes no sense to me.  They havent even announced a relationship and now they're having a secret wedding? Duggar Snark posted a Tik Tok of a woman saying one of her followers sent the Amazon registry a gift and it said delivered to Jed and Katey.  The same video also said one of her followers knew Katey's family and the wedding was happening but they're keeping it quiet.  

• Upvote 9

9 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I still think they're fake because it makes no sense to me.  They havent even announced a relationship and now they're having a secret wedding? Duggar Snark posted a Tik Tok of a woman saying one of her followers sent the Amazon registry a gift and it said delivered to Jed and Katey.  The same video also said one of her followers knew Katey's family and the wedding was happening but they're keeping it quiet.  

Yeah that video is not convincing. Of course the gift was delivered to ‘Jed and Katey’, because that’s the name on the registry. And I doubt Katey’s friends/family would leak...they’re a pretty private family.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

And a wedding on Apr 3rd makes no sense since it’s Holy Saturday and the day before ‘Resurrection Day’.  That would also put the rehearsal dinner on Good Friday...yeah no.

I thought the registry up at Amazon was for April 30th, which is a Friday.

There is one for Lauren and James up now. Wedding date is 9/18, which is a Saturday.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

9 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

I thought the registry up at Amazon was for April 30th, which is a Friday.

This one says April 3rd. So either someone changed the date or there are multiple fake registries floating around. Which makes it even more mind boggling that people, I'm assuming leghumpers, are actually purchasing items from them!

Spoiler

1691409837_Screenshot_20210313-0809072.thumb.png.1955d1fda7845804dc769972203aaf57.png

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Nice way for scammers to earn some easy cash, when all the stuff get sent to their house? Clever, really. 

I'm kinda wishing I'd thought of this. My wedding registry went up 15 years ago and we could use some new stuff?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 19

8 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I'm kinda wishing I'd thought of this. My wedding registry went up 15 years ago and we could use some new stuff?

Right? I could use some new stuff too!?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Right? I could use some new stuff too!?

I saw this meme about inviting all the world’s billionaires to your wedding cuz chances are their secretary will just send you a nice ass gift ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Not all Baptists celebrate Good Friday. You can't get 3 days and 3 nights out of Friday night to Sunday morning. It's more likely that the crucifixion was on Thursday (some say Wednesday). So they don't celebrate. (Not all, my current church does celebrate Good Friday.)

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Without a crystal ball just posted a photo that was sent to her showing Jed Katey and she’s wearing an engagement ring. Looks like an engagement announcement picture 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Whatthefundie said:

Without a crystal ball just posted a photo that was sent to her showing Jed Katey and she’s wearing an engagement ring. Looks like an engagement announcement picture 

it looks photoshopped to me 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Same. Heads pasted on. 

of course it could be real and also photoshopped. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

It does look really odd...he doesn’t look happy at all.  And they’re live-streaming the wedding? ?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, marmalade said:

She posted a copy of the announcement. April 3rd, place unknown.

Honestly, I don’t believe wacb. Like I said, it looked photoshopped and the supposed wedding invite could have been easily created by anyone online. I’ll believe it when I see it at this point. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic