IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

That's a pretty bare-bones wedding website. Nothing about how they met, the only photos are from the proposal, nothing about the bridal party... The only thing they listed for other activities to do while guests are in town is Easter Sunday services at their church ?Oh, and the Amazon registry is legit.

Looks like Jed proposed around Christmastime. There's lots of snow on the ground and a few wreaths. She does look ecstatic, I'll have to give them that. Here is a photo from the publicly available YouTube livestream.

Screenshot_20210315-222202.png.4a508702065b822d6648449d29b01d14.png

She is WAY too pretty for him.

• Upvote 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I can't stop thinking about how mad JB must be that all of this leaked before he could sell the wedding exclusive to People magazine. 

• Upvote 29
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

If you Google “Jed Duggar secretly engaged” all the articles that come up are still about him being engaged to Lauren Caldwell as recently as the first week of March. Yikes for both girls! Makes me wonder if they’ll start listening a little closer to Jill when she says it was hard not being able to share their own news because the show/family dictated what was allowed to be shared. The fun of getting to share “I’m engaged!” and have it be fresh news is gone for Katey, and Lauren has had to endure weeks of speculation that she was engaged to someone (who was really engaged to someone else) shortly after her own engagement ended. I feel bad for the girls. When I got engaged I started telling everyone right away and it was FUN to do so! I do not understand all this cloak and dagger secrecy.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 8

Wow and wow. The Duggars really sat on this one. I think the venue where Jed proposed is really pretty. If the Duggars didn't have such large weddings it would be a great venue for a ceremony. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

And here we all were, distracted by Jana having an unconfirmed relationship.

I was kind of hoping for the ultimate bait and switch and it is Jana who gets married lol. That would be epic. However they kept this one under the radar and Jana under the radar maybe it will be the Duggar wedding extravaganza  followed by the Bates because Kelly Jo can't have all the Duggar boys get married and hers are still unmarried. Yep wedding palooza is starting....

26 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

you Google “Jed Duggar secretly engaged” all the articles that come up are still about him being engaged to Lauren

Imagine that, tabloids getting it wrong. I take secret delight in them being so wrong.

• Upvote 16

10 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Imagine that, tabloids getting it wrong. I take secret delight in them being so wrong.

About that, up to a couple of days ago they were still listing Justin and Claire wedding as to be in April... (I was looking for news about CO) it was funny to read it knowing how wrong it was ?

• Upvote 7

While I’m glad they were able to keep it secret for this long, I’m having a hard time with KJ’s statement about the invite being independently confirmed by two sources ‘directly connected to the family’.  We know both Derick and Amy are on good terms with her, and they were both invited to the Jedding...confirming the invite would be on brand for Derick, but I’m hoping Amy wouldn’t do her cousin dirty like that. Ugh.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

If you Google “Jed Duggar secretly engaged” all the articles that come up are still about him being engaged to Lauren Caldwell as recently as the first week of March. Yikes for both girls! Makes me wonder if they’ll start listening a little closer to Jill when she says it was hard not being able to share their own news because the show/family dictated what was allowed to be shared. The fun of getting to share “I’m engaged!” and have it be fresh news is gone for Katey, and Lauren has had to endure weeks of speculation that she was engaged to someone (who was really engaged to someone else) shortly after her own engagement ended. I feel bad for the girls. When I got engaged I started telling everyone right away and it was FUN to do so! I do not understand all this cloak and dagger secrecy.

But when did they start being so secretive for so long?

In the past, they usually announce courtships quite fast, at least before engagement (except for Jill).

Duggar data did a post on it:

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/185021378100/is-there-any-difference-in-how-long-it-takes-from

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Dinner for two, unchaperoned, but it's OK because you're inside a big transparent plastic bubble?

Gee, that's depressing.

7 hours ago, Sabine said:

The duggars may make nice looking girls but their boys all look like used car salesmen, and i am being charitably here. 

I remember the howlers all being very cute when they were little - I think the problem is that Michelle has quite pretty genes that make for sweet-looking children and attractive adult women, but mangy-looking men with terrible hairlines. Certainly the boys who favour JB a bit more - I'm thinking of Jer particularly - are more, shall we say, conventionally handsome.

Mind you, I think JD glowed up HUGELY when he met Abbie, so it may be that they just haven't a fucking clue how to present themselves and/or are totally miserable.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Marionette said:

Btw, is this a bad time to non-confirm that Jana & Jer are in relationships with Wissmans? You didn’t hear it from me!

The rumours aren't true then?

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, Marionette said:

Btw, is this a bad time to non-confirm that Jana & Jer are in relationships with Wissmans? You didn’t hear it from me! ?

Is it an 'official' thing for both of them?

16 minutes ago, Smash! said:

The rumours aren't true then?

I took that as confirming but, not confirming ?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 24
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

That’s because Jana courting is way more interesting than a howler engaged. I would not be surprised if JB allowed this leak to distract everyone from Jana. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yeah it’s actually pretty nice if not all the staged photos. But as I saw on Valentine’s Day so many staged proposals were it was all about the pics I will give them a pass 

Hide contents

1A0C5798-33FA-4A84-B83E-2558D64F2C96.thumb.jpeg.46228586db1249592c5723315fe7c61e.jpeg

Hide contents

D757057A-271F-4313-B059-A0721CBAAC43.thumb.jpeg.0538c0a64bf5fa5b4c7daf39b50c0ea4.jpeg

Hide contents

9C5EBB22-E545-4BD4-9F15-4ABB4707EBC5.thumb.jpeg.1ce8b173d19562d1edc3151318b8f5c0.jpeg

Hide contents

46097E56-86B3-4306-A3FC-4A7C9E6D00F4.thumb.jpeg.cca135911dec6b4a872719730705d7fc.jpeg

Hide contents

A10F221E-1F46-45E1-94D5-FAA717C8EF9C.thumb.jpeg.f3e7e63bd6b1f84fb1104a4062ef7252.jpeg

Hide contents

1BC46D24-FBF3-48AA-9ADB-2112884AEFBB.thumb.jpeg.a051bb6acc0f852a261081923c40395c.jpeg

Hide contents

1BC46D24-FBF3-48AA-9ADB-2112884AEFBB.thumb.jpeg.a051bb6acc0f852a261081923c40395c.jpeg

Hide contents

DB5BBE1C-8D15-4234-BF31-D3BF69BB36F4.thumb.jpeg.a46dc5dd912cf09c896c9e055b5c5f01.jpeg

Hide contents

D3C0FB69-6A20-4B32-B3AC-CB175EB31566.thumb.jpeg.0684d19df31f6610104351d8921f4b26.jpeg

Hide contents

F2EFF110-B6F3-4EAF-BF63-778A712DCE49.thumb.jpeg.a861a7942185a642729d27c7f0a64cc0.jpeg

Hide contents

596CE20A-D12D-46F9-9233-60BF402C9AE4.thumb.jpeg.bbc0ab80c77e3eb2e20ed6ce58ec8089.jpeg

Hide contents

BD875549-609B-4410-A315-EB565527DA45.thumb.jpeg.b4a4d0172eac1f4a2dbfbc2231a7c430.jpeg

Hide contents

596CE20A-D12D-46F9-9233-60BF402C9AE4.thumb.jpeg.bbc0ab80c77e3eb2e20ed6ce58ec8089.jpeg

I'm going to be nice here and just say that I think that they are a nice looking couple who seem to be happy with each other.  They actually seem more mature than the normal Duggar couple, although I don't know that they are that old.  Isn't he like 21-22?  I'm sure she's around the same age or a little younger, maybe?  It's probably the Duggar genes that age a male quicker than the females.  Oh well, good luck to them,  

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, sarasue59 said:

I'm going to be nice here and just say that I think that they are a nice looking couple who seem to be happy with each other.  They actually seem more mature than the normal Duggar couple, although I don't know that they are that old.  Isn't he like 21-22?  I'm sure she's around the same age or a little younger, maybe?  It's probably the Duggar genes that age a male quicker than the females.  Oh well, good luck to them,  

They are both 22. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, OHFL2009 said:

They are both 22. 

Do you (or anyone out there) have her actual birthday? Time to update the spreadsheet 

• Upvote 2

Unlesd the Duggars are becoming secretive on courtship and weddings like the Maxwells I don't believe it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I agree with other posters who have said that Jim Blob is holding on to Jana as a last resort in case TLC decides to end the Duggar gravy train.  He's just teasing with the projected courtship by Steve Wissmann (is that the right spelling?), but if Jed and Katie don't bring enough interest to the table, I'm sure he'll have a courtship extravaganza and both Jed! and sinner twin Jer will get married, maybe in a double wedding, lol!  And if that doesn't work, goodbye CinderJana and hello Steve and Jana.  I try not to be cynical, but damn!  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic