IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

With patriarchy and those egos it could be anything, regardless how small. Like JB “allowing” the married daughters to wear pants - Caldwell has RAILED against that. He’s gone so far to say you should be able to tell a women from a man from a football field away, lol. More likely I think it was COVID related though.

With Lauren, regardless of a falling out, these families use marriage to level up (ahem bateses), so it’s totally understandable why a “young” family like the Caldwells would want to diversify. Their next oldest kid is only 16.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

maybe JB didn’t pay him for appearances on the show.

6 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That would have blown up a long time ago. Given the timing, it could have to do with Covid itself (different opinions about precautions), or, more likely with JB, the pandemic affected his business and he cut back on his tithe to the church or personal support of the Caldwells.

I heard that Jim Bob advised Paul to shut down church for a while in the early days of Covid, and Paul got mad. I didn’t mention it before, because it doesn’t make sense to me. If it’s true, I doubt JB had good intentions, and he was probably trying to cover his ass with the public eye. However, we all know the Duggars were still having large gatherings at their home. They stopped attending LH and began homechurching again, and we’ve seen pics of their infamous family nights. 

Though, Lauren was already seeing that guy at this time, and I think Paul said he wouldn’t let another Duggar marry his daughter before all of this. Maybe their “feud” was slowly escalating until Covid happened. 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 18

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can understand if Paul doesn’t want another daughter marrying a Duggar. Being in the spotlight must be we had ting. I wouldn’t want my kids to marry into a semi-famous reality tv family. One Duggar daughter probably feels like plenty. 

I think this is probably the most likely reason.  I mean, Lauren has been the subject of countless tabloid stories and it appears she was never in a relationship with any of the Duggboys.  I also suspect some of the more outlandish tabloid stories are planted by JB to distract from actual relationships, and the Caldwells were sick of Lauren being used as fodder. 

I feel bad for her. I wonder if she’s viewed as ‘damaged goods’ by the more strict fundie families since she has a publicly unexplained broken engagement? 

• Upvote 18

19 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think this is probably the most likely reason.  I mean, Lauren has been the subject of countless tabloid stories and it appears she was never in a relationship with any of the Duggboys.  I also suspect some of the more outlandish tabloid stories are planted by JB to distract from actual relationships, and the Caldwells were sick of Lauren being used as fodder. 

Just one statement could have easily dispelled those rumors. I think you’re right. They enjoy the speculation.

• Upvote 10

16 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I feel bad for her. I wonder if she’s viewed as ‘damaged goods’ by the more strict fundie families since she has a publicly unexplained broken engagement? 

I agree. Even if JB wasn’t planting anything with the tabloids, it must have been galling for Paul and Christina Caldwell to see their daughter be constantly linked to Jason then James then Jed. I’m certain that along with Lauren’s own hesitation, Titus got spooked off because of the constant linking with a Lost Boy Duggar. The Covid thing might have been the final nail in the coffin.  

• Upvote 10

For the new couple I suggest Jedey or Jadey for Katey and Jed! James's or Jhannah for James and Hanna, Jana and Stephen could be maybe Stephana or JaStep? 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 4

I like Stephana and Jerhannah, but I keep wanting to pronounce Stephana as ‘stef-Anna’. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I was wondering about the new home that Kendra had mentioned that she and Joe were building. So I wonder who actually owns the home, JB, JoKen or the Caldwells? 

• Upvote 13

1 minute ago, CarrotCake said:

I vote for Jedey!, Stephana and Hannemiah

Yes, any Jed/Katey couplename needs to include ‘!’

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, Marionette said:

I believe Paul & JB might have had some sort of falling out last year. As a result, the Caldwells supposedly moved off of JB’s property (they lived in the house behind the car lot) into a house Joe & Kendra were building for themselves. I do know that Lighthouse split in the early days of Covid, and that’s why Joy & Austin, the Pattons, and several other families have been pictured attending another church. I think there are a few Duggars that still attend LH (presumably Joe & Kendra and maybe Jason and James, but not for sure). 

Thank you! I’ve only “officially” been out of fundamentalism and away from these people for a little over 2 years, so there is still so much I am learning about myself and my upbringing. I feel like it’s been a long road already, but thankfully I’ve been able to reflect A LOT during Covid isolation. 

Interesting. I do wonder why it seems like so many of the adult married Duggars don’t go to the same church even though they live in the same general area. Joystin, Bessa, and Jabbie all seem to go to different churches. 

• Upvote 13

6 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Interesting. I do wonder why it seems like so many of the adult married Duggars don’t go to the same church even though they live in the same general area. Joystin, Bessa, and Jabbie all seem to go to different churches. 

This doesn’t surprise me at all. The siblings were forced to be together constantly prior to marriage. If I were them I’d want my own church, too. 

Edited by Giraffe
Clarifying
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

About Katey saying she 'doesn't love'... isn't she saying that her love is nothing like God's love? ie her attempts to emulate divine love towards everybody in her life fall far short of what Jesus would attain. But instead of beating herself up for that failure she will persist with loving acts, and keep striving towards that model. I don't think she's saying she is cold and unfeeling, just that her love is flawed and shallow compared to what she thinks she should be capable of.

I also feel a bit... reticent about infatuation, or limerance. That intense 'in love' sort of feeling... I think it kind of burns off very quickly and sometimes you're surprised how little it leaves behind. Perhaps that's a very jaded view but I don't like it much. However, I love my partner very much and I certainly did go through that phase of deep infatuation with him. But now we've been together ten years, we have a mortgage and a child, we moved to a new city together - then yes, love is a daily choice too. We're committed to one another and since he's bound his life to me, I feel I should treat him with respect and kindness, hear him even if I don't like what he's saying, act with his interests in mind as well as my own, always assume the best of him. And vice versa. Those are rational choices and sometimes take work.

Even if we broke up we are never going to be totally out of one another's lives because of our child, so I choose to treat him with love even though we are both sometimes impatient, tired, annoyed, etc etc etc. And he is my model for that: I know that sometimes he puts himself aside for my sake, and I admire how much he is willing to see the best in me. There is a level of discipline and dedication to that.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

Good for Lauren C. to end the engagement if she wasn't convinced in the first place.

I've never jumped in the Caldwell rabbit hole before (because I just have 24 hours a day...) but now I must say Paul sounds like a piece of work... I knew they are anti-vaccinations, but even JB seemed to act a tiny bit more responsibly than Paul, even for publicity's sake. And if he wants to tell a woman from a man from a football field away, then why not pick up binoculars! What an idiot.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

As a former long term Catholic and current UU, I find it odd how often fundies seem to church hop. Is it all based on the minister? Looking for someone who tells you what you want to hear?

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

It’s somewhat of a headship thing. As far as Jessa & Ben go, Ben is Reformed/Calvinist so they attend that “brand” of church. Derick has been involved with CrossChurch for years, so Jill naturally followed. However, it always surprised me that JB let Jessa & Jinger marry that type, cause the Duggars, Caldwells, Forsyths, etc. are NOT Reformed. Derick is enough “in the middle” for it to not surprise me. CrossChurch definitely leans Calvinist (at least people I know from there use very Calvinistic terminology, whether they admit it or not), but it’s not as.... obvious/blatant as Ben’s & Jeremy’s brand of Reformed. 

I have no idea why Joy & Austin and John & Abbie attend different churches. I do know Austin’s parents left LH a year ago, but not sure where they attend now. Also not sure if that influenced Joy & Austin’s decision to leave. 

@SassyPants From my experience, there is so. much. drama. in IFB churches. Families leave because the church isn’t “strict” enough (i.e. allows women to wear pants), new people come into the church and things change, the headship gets in a disagreement with the pastor, etc. etc. My father in particular  loooves to challenge/debate pastors at every church he goes to, and he does a ton of church-hopping for that reason. Churches never have the right combo of doctrine or the right kind of people for him, apparently. 

Edited by Marionette
adding reply
  • Upvote 16
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 24

4 hours ago, Marionette said:
5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I heard that Jim Bob advised Paul to shut down church for a while in the early days of Covid, and Paul got mad. I didn’t mention it before, because it doesn’t make sense to me. If it’s true, I doubt JB had good intentions, and he was probably trying to cover his ass with the public eye.

I totally believe this could have happened. Back in the early days of covid, the Duggars at least pretended to stay home during the pandemic. They at least didn’t post trips all over SM. But the Caldwell’s posted maskless trips all over the United States when many places were locked down. They got tons of pushback in the comments section. 

• Upvote 15

All the talk about church drama reminded me of one of my favorite comedy bits:

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

So the password on Jed and Katey’s wedding website hasn’t been changed yet. Why not? I’m sure they know someone guessed the password by this point. And why was it so easy to guess in the first place? 

When Chaney posted the pic at the silos, it was gone shortly after. The Wissmanns locked down their blog hard when the pic of Jana at their house leaked out...those were obviously not planned. 

Jill mentioned TLC controlled their announcement timelines...what if Boob isn’t happy with how TLC is handling things and decided to take matters into his own hands? KJ having a well-placed but anonymous source this time doesn’t track with her other Duggar gossip, aside from the times her sources were commenting ‘on the record’ (Derick and Amy).

Was the leak to KJ deliberate to get around TLC? She has a long history of lying so the family has plausible deniability...

Things that make you go hmmmm...?

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, anaandrade said:

Apparently there might be 5 weddings in a span of 18 months. This is all the info I've been able to gather. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Justin and Claire - just happened

Jedidiah and Katey - the family hasn't said anything, but a lot of info has been leaked the last 24 hours. Wedding is supposed to be on April 3. Everything points to it being legitimate.

James and Sarra - there's a registry with a date of July 31st. Could be fake, but given the surprise with Jed and Katey, I'm not ruling it out and I'm keeping it in the back of my mind 

Jeremiah and Hannah - right now it's speculated to be just a courtship

Jana and Stephen - right now it's just a speculated courtship

Would anyone else be surprised if these are all true? After today, I wouldn't be. At this point I'm expecting a big multiple announcement to coincide with the announcement of the next season. All of this is just making wonder why there haven't been any official announcements. And it's just not the Duggars either. The Bateses still haven't officially announced Nathan and Lawson's relationships either (though I'm expecting these in the next month before the next season of BuB starts. If there's nothing, then idk)

Don't forget Jase and Hil!

• Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Don't forget Jase and Hil!

Wait what? Are you saying Jason has someone too? Or is this a joke I'm not aware of?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Wait what? Are you saying Jason has someone too? Or is this a joke I'm not aware of?

It’s a joke. Hilary Spivey frequently comments on Jason Duggar’s social media, to the point it’s getting creepy...

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

54 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So the password on Jed and Katey’s wedding website hasn’t been changed yet. Why not? I’m sure they know someone guessed the password by this point. And why was it so easy to guess in the first place? 

When Chaney posted the pic at the silos, it was gone shortly after. The Wissmanns locked down their blog hard when the pic of Jana at their house leaked out...those were obviously not planned. 

Jill mentioned TLC controlled their announcement timelines...what if Boob isn’t happy with how TLC is handling things and decided to take matters into his own hands? KJ having a well-placed but anonymous source this time doesn’t track with her other Duggar gossip, aside from the times her sources were commenting ‘on the record’ (Derick and Amy).

Was the leak to KJ deliberate to get around TLC? She has a long history of lying so the family has plausible deniability...

Things that make you go hmmmm...?

My guess regarding the password is that it’s too close to the date to set a new one and get the word out to all their friends, especially if they don’t know who the leak was and so a new password might leak anyway.

There is SOMETHING going on with TLC, I’m sure. I hope the Duggars’ time on TV is about to be over, but sadly I doubt it. More likely it’s covid-related negotiations, maybe the new season being moved a little, and possibly TLC realising their “announcements” are all 6 months behind real life and no surprise to any of their viewers. The Jatey! secrecy does make me think it’s likely that Clairitin’s wedding wasn’t filmed for the show.

@Marionettethank you for all this! It’s such a toxic sounding environment, I can only imagine how hard it must be to break free and see people you care about still enmeshed. Is Sarra Kimble anyone you’ve heard of, or is that likely to be a fake?

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic