IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

Games should be more unfair so kids get more chances to repress negative emotions and tell the others they were right to be unfair.

Spoiler

What if Something Really is Unfair in a Game

October 24, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We are continuing to talk about competitiveness and sports. What if a situation in a game really seems to be unfair? Maybe you were called out, and you are sure that you were not out. Remember that God is a God of justice. You simply have to walk away from the situation and know that there is going to be another day and another time, and it is all up to God. If you speak up and argue back, then even if you are correct, you are actually making things worse. You are no longer being the salt—in fact, you are being the opposite, and that is not being like Christ. In the end, who cares about the game anyway? What really impresses people is seeing someone handle a difficult situation in an encouraging way. That is impressive. Most people are not really impressed if you made a basket or ran fast…in fact, they probably will not even remember it. What really impresses people is good character, Christlike character. Do you really think Jesus Christ would be arguing back with someone over something so small? No! So be prepared for that test. Expect it. Put that into your training program. Instead of doing one-hundred physical pushups for training every day, do one-hundred spiritual pushups in humility. Every day you should expect someone to say something like that to you so that you can be ready to walk away from it and say, “Oh, I guess you are right. I was out.”

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

10 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Gwen and Joe repeated the admonitions in their video a couple of weeks ago.

wow the outtakes were painful to watch 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

41 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

wow the outtakes were painful to watch 

That was just so awkward. Joe can't act enough to make is look like they even like each other. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

22 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

What really impresses people is seeing someone handle a difficult situation in an encouraging way. That is impressive. Most people are not really impressed if you made a basket or ran fast…in fact, they probably will not even remember it. What really impresses people is good character, Christlike character.

Every day you should expect someone to say something like that to you so that you can be ready to walk away from it and say, “Oh, I guess you are right. I was out.”

And we all know what's important is to impress people. ?

I'm not saying you should argue with the umpire or referee, but I don't think you need to say they were right. You can defer to the official without denying what you know to be true. Ugh! The mental gymnastics these kids are being taught to do.

P.S. Ugh! I'm so sorry this post has that extra stuff in it. I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Edited by hoipolloi
ETA: Hoipolloi removed extra images. Having a hard time getting this to post the way I want it to.
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Every day you should expect someone to say something like that to you so that you can be ready to walk away from it and say, “Oh, I guess you are right. I was out.”

I think she is trying to draw a parallel to life here and I REALLY despise it.  If this is indeed a parallel to life, I'll draw another parallel - to that of an abuser GROOMING it's next victim.  Gwen, the narcissist, is TEACHING the young that it's ok to be gaslit.  It's ok to accept an untruth as reality because it's the nice, polite thing to do.  She is grooming the young to NEVER question authority. How to Create a Cult Following 101.

• Upvote 18

On 10/21/2019 at 11:09 AM, AmazonGrace said:

My  theory: some children were sad because they were left out of RF teams because winning is more important than fair play and letting kids exercise and have  fun together. Gwen can't stand sulky kids because everything must be picture perfect. Hence the need to devotionally slap said sad kids.

A reasonable theory but another theory is that Gwen is directing her focus either on Joe's behavior in Remnant.  Is he rebelling against being a prop or was he specifically over competitive with the Beta males at a sporting event?  Discuss.

The message for the kids is a pretext for Gwen chastising Joe about his acting independent.  Is there trouble in Gwen and Joe Paradise?

Kids don't do 100 push-ups.  Kids aren't leadership.  Gwen focuses on superficial.  Joe is her prop but now he's asserting himself.  All good RFers know you don't challenge the prophetess.

It merged my previous response to Amazongrace which just now posted.  Luckily for consistency, the idea is same...... something happened and Gwen is instructing obedience under guise of the children but really to Joe.

• Upvote 7

31 minutes ago, Concerned1954 said:

Is there trouble in Gwen and Joe Paradise?

Judging from Joe inability to not look miserable around Gwen I think it is safe to say there has been trouble in Paradise since day one of that relationship. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

How will Gwen spin divorce number two? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Concerned1954 said:

A reasonable theory but another theory is that Gwen is directing her focus either on Joe's behavior in Remnant.  Is he rebelling against being a prop or was he specifically over competitive with the Beta males at a sporting event?  Discuss.

Who knows but the presumed source for these ramblings (the book she tagged in the games devotionals) came out when she was still married to David.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I think this is new... At least I don't remember seeing it before but I could be wrong.

Read Before Starting: General Medical Information

Spoiler

If you are considering joining this program because the stronghold of food (or other dependencies) is having a physical impact on your body, as well as your spirit, we recommend that you consult your physician for a medical examination before you begin. Also, if you have any pre-existing health conditions such as: food allergies, diverticulitis, cirrhosis of the liver, diabetes, bowel resections, chronic ulcers, kidney disease, chronic constipation, etc., please continue to be under your physician’s care and guidelines for food and medication. For example, if you have chronic constipation, you must keep eating fiber. If you have ulcers, take your medication and do not eat the foods that upset your stomach. Reducing your intake of excessive amounts of food will be a positive change, but the body that has become accustomed to excess food may experience some unfamiliar feelings during this transition. God has made our bodies to be sensitive to what and how much of anything we need, but this internal system must be resurrected! Be patient and trust God ultimately to satisfy you far better than anything the world can offer.

Some physical conditions may be alleviated when you lose weight and start eating regular foods in smaller amounts. For example, if you have high cholesterol or triglyceride levels, losing weight permanently could possibly alleviate the problem. Spastic colon and ulcers may improve as you eat the volume of food that your body calls for. Joint and muscle problems are improved in some cases. People on cortisone and/or those who have lupus will still lose weight, but the weight loss may be slower. Diabetics going through this program will reduce their food intake, bringing the insulin/food ratio closer. As a result, many have been able to reduce or even eliminate their medications. It is very important to understand, however, that the process of regulating insulin must be done under a physician’s supervision. Also, medications that should be taken with food usually require only small amounts—e.g., one to three crackers. Please consult your physician in regard to any of these conditions.

Weigh Down has helped many anorexics and many more bulimics to let go of control and become at peace with their bodies. They have lost their focus on food and their obsession for thinness, trading this in for a focus on and devotion to God. While individuals with anorexia or bulimia can certainly benefit from this program, they should remain under the care of their physicians.

If God causes your heart to question, we suggest that you take your concerns to your physicians and counselors to prayerfully determine how to best treat your personal situation.

(Disclaimer: Despite naming a number of diseases that is not medical information. )

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Insightful said:

I think she is trying to draw a parallel to life here and I REALLY despise it.  If this is indeed a parallel to life, I'll draw another parallel - to that of an abuser GROOMING it's next victim.  Gwen, the narcissist, is TEACHING the young that it's ok to be gaslit.  It's ok to accept an untruth as reality because it's the nice, polite thing to do.  She is grooming the young to NEVER question authority. How to Create a Cult Following 101.

Yes yes yes. We focus a LOT with our kids about how to respectfully and humbly disagree with authority. We tell our girls that it's important to stand up for yourself, but that there is a right and wrong time and a right and wrong way. We also tell them that the authority has the final say, but that if you still feel something was unjust, we can discuss the correct way to go about changing things. 

But "Yeah you're right, I was out!" No. How about "I know I was safe, but I respect that the ump is human, and that sometimes those bad calls will actually go my way, so I'm going to show good character and sportsmanship by not throwing a hissy fit." 

And then if it's clear the ump is biased or it's a repeated problem, you respectfully discuss the issue with someone higher in the league. 

2 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

And we all know what's important is to impress people. ?

I'm not saying you should argue with the umpire or referee, but I don't think you need to say they were right. You can defer to the official without denying what you know to be true. Ugh! The mental gymnastics these kids are being taught to do.

I agree. What's frustrating is that they're being taught to let others walk all over them, but at the same time being taught that they're superior to others because they have the "true message." 

What I (personally) think this amounts to is... within RF circles you are expected to be a doormat. You didn't even deserve to play, so if you get angry and make RF look like anything but perfect, you're screwed. Outside of the RF circles you can look down on an pity the poor children who don't have parents teaching them to be the perfect suck up.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Question for former members...

We've been talking to our friends in RF and it's frustrating because half of them insist that Gwen has never said or accepted the title of prophet and that people in RF don't think she's a prophet. The other half insist that she IS a prophet but that she's too humble (HA!) to admit it. 

In my mind, the fact that they call her a prophet publicly and in front of her (at least on some of the broadcasts that I've watched), and she doesn't deny it, is her accepting it, but have any former members heard or read of her saying she's a prophet? I've read about an e-mail that was circulated where it was discussed among members.

• Upvote 5

Weigh Down has helped many anorexics and many more bulimics to let go of control and become at peace with their bodies. They have lost their focus on food and their obsession for thinness, trading this in for a focus on and devotion to God. While individuals with anorexia or bulimia can certainly benefit from this program, they should remain under the care of their physicians.

Thanks @AmazonGrace for posting the "medical" information. 

How can Gwen Shamblin Lara of Weigh Down and Remnant Fellowship write the words I have bolded and believe it. Everything Gwen teaches is about focusing on food, obsessing about food, controlling food and obsessing about thinness. She doesn't let overweight people (that isn't her son) to be on stage or do a testimonial or many other examples in the 10* threads we have about Gwen here on FJ. 

*Ten! we have ten threads on her obsessive weight and food control, controling manners and hypocrisy! Boy have the threads flown by! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 10/23/2019 at 1:13 AM, ManyGoats said:

Looks like they're having trouble with the kids. So they're not all perfect and obedient?  :shocked:

I am curious how they get past the hangry reactions, particularly with younger kids. My son is tiny and very active - and you can see him losing the ability to self-regulate as he gets hungrier.  (He also has a tendency to run straight past the after school snack to play, use up his energy and then be inconsolable - I am trying to get him to stop and eat first, then play.)

On 10/24/2019 at 3:56 AM, ManyGoats said:

On a side note, I hate, hate, hate it when other people tell me how I'm supposed to feel. Especially when they demand that I act happier and more enthusiastic than I actually am. Examples:

Good morning! Come on you guys, you can do better than that! GOOD MORNING!!!

Don't say, "I have to do this," say, "I GET to do this!"

<shaking me head and rolling my eyes>

Me: just give me coffee or give me death please...

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

That was just so awkward. Joe can't act enough to make is look like they even like each other. 

Exactly! And Gwen's phony laugh is............. words fail me.

• Upvote 5

They also have a video entitled "How to Lose Weight Fasting", but every time I try to post it here it links to another video. It's really sad to hear her go on and on about the purpose of fasting being to bring portion sizes down. She is REALLY obsessed with eating less. There are 10 or so of these videos on their You Tube channel.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

They also have a video entitled "How to Lose Weight Fasting", but every time I try to post it here it links to another video. It's really sad to hear her go on and on about the purpose of fasting being to bring portion sizes down. She is REALLY obsessed with eating less. There are 10 or so of these videos on their You Tube channel.

Nevermind the fact that it ISN'T Biblical... the Bible explains fasting for spiritual purposes... it has nothing to do with wanting to loose a few more pounds.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Question for former members...

We've been talking to our friends in RF and it's frustrating because half of them insist that Gwen has never said or accepted the title of prophet and that people in RF don't think she's a prophet. The other half insist that she IS a prophet but that she's too humble (HA!) to admit it. 

In my mind, the fact that they call her a prophet publicly and in front of her (at least on some of the broadcasts that I've watched), and she doesn't deny it, is her accepting it, but have any former members heard or read of her saying she's a prophet? I've read about an e-mail that was circulated where it was discussed among members.

Exactly. The other leaders have called her a prophet multiple times and she doesnt stop them. That means she tacitly accepts the title of prophet. 

When you are in Remnant you are part of the line of authority. God is at the top. Gwen is next because she has the message that led everyone else to God. The other leaders are next in line. Then husbands, then wives, and children last. As a member, you are told that God has chosen your place in this line for you. The words and decisions of the people above you in the line of authority are therefore to be considered the words and decisions of God, because if he didnt want your husband/leader to make that decision for you, then he would have chosen a different place in the line for your life in the first place. Questioning the decisions and words of someone above you in line is akin to questioning the good judgement of an omniscient god.

In summary, Gwen has complete control over what the leaders beneath her say. If she had ever in her life said “Dont call me a prophet,” then all the other leaders would never dream of saying that word, lest they disobey God and go to Hell. Many Remnant leaders have repeatedly gotten up on stage and said things that boil down to “A prophet is someone who helps the people understand God’s message and leads people to God, so call her what you want but I have never understood the Bible better or felt closer to God in my life, and it’s all thanks to Gwen Shamblin, *wink wink*” ...And Gwen has demurred, but ultimately she is the authority, and the leaders under her authority keep using the word prophet in close conjunction with her, so clearly she doesn’t deny that title even if she has decided the PR optics will be better if she doesn’t publicly accept that title.

Any Remnant members who try to play games with you about whether Gwen is or is not technically a prophet are NOT participating in a discussion with you in good faith. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

When Jesus played board games he always lost and people laughed at him. Be like Jesus.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191025-143034.thumb.jpg.e25b390fa0a6b2425d8a7dd22fd23e99.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2

Who wants to play with someone who starts out saying that their goal is to lose the game? That wouldn't be any fun. 

Also, even Jesus would have gotten a bit annoyed if he was 40 minutes into a never ending game of Snakes and Ladders with a four year old and he was two spaces from winning but he got sent back to the start and that means at least another 20 minutes of that hellish game. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

32 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Who wants to play with someone who starts out saying that their goal is to lose the game? That wouldn't be any fun. 

Exactly! Not to mention that it's a lie and it's ridiculous. Those poor kids. 

On a side note, I know someone who doesn't play board games or card games or anything like that. She says, "I'm not good at them and I'm a sore loser. So I just don't play." I've always thought that was honest and refreshing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I like games, I love sports. I will play most any game. I hate Monopoly. I know hate is a strong word but I HATE monopoly. I refuse to play it. It takes too long, there never seems to be a real end. I can relate with your acquaintance @ManyGoats, i am not a sore loser but hate the game and tell people, nope, I don't like I won't be any fun during the game so play without me. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
sore loser; not sorry loser
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

On a side note, I know someone who doesn't play board games or card games or anything like that. She says, "I'm not good at them and I'm a sore loser. So I just don't play." I've always thought that was honest and refreshing

Haha this could almost be me! The only two games I will play are Scrabble and euchre, and only at my family’s lake house. Otherwise, no thanks. I’m too competitive for my own good and it just isn’t fun for me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Just now, Cat Damon said:

Haha this could almost be me! The only two games I will play are Scrabble and euchre, and only at my family’s lake house. Otherwise, no thanks. I’m too competitive for my own good and it just isn’t fun for me. 

Euchre! I haven't played in a while. I love that game. I also play games more at the family's lake house than at home. There aren't as many "mom duties" to accomplish while at the lake than at home. At home I play quick games of Sorry!, Battleship and clue with my kids. 

If anyone likes card games, I suggest phase 10. Little kids can learn to play too. It does have 10 phases but you can take a break and pick the game back up another day. It is also a card game that can accommodate a lot of people. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic