IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

My mom used to play in a euchre league(is that the right term?  A weekly organized event).  She was going to teach me how to play but never did.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Exactly! Not to mention that it's a lie and it's ridiculous. Those poor kids. 

On a side note, I know someone who doesn't play board games or card games or anything like that. She says, "I'm not good at them and I'm a sore loser. So I just don't play." I've always thought that was honest and refreshing. 

I generally don't play board games, but that is because I call them Boring Games for a reason.  They don't hold my interest. I have never enjoyed them, except for the mild gambling game Rummy Royal that I used to play with my parents when I was a kid.  Which probably would be viewed as awful because they allowed their children to play a gambling game, but it was pennies and nobody ever really kept count.  It was just a fun family thing.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Just noticed people are giving thumbs downs to RF videos on YouTube.  This one got more thumbs downs than thumbs ups.  Don't forget to give feedback on YouTube when you watch them.

image.png.2d4cca7252fcc14b6f1aa829eb284acb.png

• Upvote 13

Did you see the newest Life with Gwen and Joe yet, God is Fun ?

I need to make a generic youtube account so I can comment and ask for clarification that GOD placed Joe across the street from a MARRIED woman, and she was his gift to her.

The dissonance with these people makes my head hurt ?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

When you die and arrive at the Pearly Gates of Heaven, you're going to be asked, "Did you have fun?"

Life with Gwen and Joe

My contribution to Gwen's new message.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, RFfree said:

Did you see the newest Life with Gwen and Joe yet, God is Fun ?

I need to make a generic youtube account so I can comment and ask for clarification that GOD placed Joe across the street from a MARRIED woman, and she was his gift to her.

The dissonance with these people makes my head hurt ?

I was thinking the SAME thing!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Good lord, we are STILL talking about kids' games. Gwen, you played, you lost,  get over it already!

Spoiler

Being Able to Laugh at Yourself

October 26, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

You know that there is a just and fair God out there, and your day is coming. When it is your turn and you are winning, then you want to make sure you are a good sport. Games are all about learning to laugh at yourself when you mess up, but they are also about encouraging others when you win. Get the attention off yourself quickly by saying, “Wow, you came in second!” or “You are great at this game!”

It is just a game. It should not have anything to do with your ego or making you feel better because you won. How could you feel better about yourself just because you rolled the dice and got some numbers that allowed you beat your opponent? That is the kind of game where even a monkey could win!

*wins game*

*congratulates opponent sarcastically*: "wow, you came in second"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Good lord, we are STILL talking about kids' games.

I know we have speculated that the reason for this series of chastisements is that RF kids are having issues with winning/losing and good sportsmanship. Does anyone have any theories about what is driving the "Gwen and Joe" messages? There's been a big emphasis on joy lately and in this latest video, they are very insistent that we understand that "God is FUN!" Are there rumblings in RF that a judgmental, works based faith isn't all that great?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It is just a game. It should not have anything to do with your ego or making you feel better because you won. How could you feel better about yourself just because you rolled the dice and got some numbers that allowed you beat your opponent? That is the kind of game where even a monkey could win!

I am so sick of her inability to see anything beyond the extremes.

No you shouldn't be an arrogant jerk because you won. But you SHOULD feel proud of yourself... not all games are board games Gwen... they aren't all down to luck. When my girls spend hours upon hours practicing... taking time at home to work on things... watching videos to learn new techniques... and then all that pays off in a win? They should feel good - they worked hard and it payed off! Be a good sport - don't be a jerk - but you should have a smile on your face! Are you telling me she doesn't feel good when she writes a book and a lot of copies sell? (Although, she shouldn't, because even a monkey can guilt people into buying their works, right?)

Once again - people are allowed to feel emotion. We are allowed to feel everything from joy and happiness and satisfaction to frustration and disappointment... God gave us these emotions and feeling them does not dishonor Him. If anything, when I feel satisfaction in a job well done, I thank God for giving me the time and strength. When I'm frustrated, I thank God that I don't have to go through this alone. These emotions shouldn't be suppressed in favor of fake joy... they should be embraced as a way to become closer to God.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

I know we have speculated that the reason for this series of chastisements is that RF kids are having issues with winning/losing and good sportsmanship. Does anyone have any theories about what is driving the "Gwen and Joe" messages? There's been a big emphasis on joy lately and in this latest video, they are very insistent that we understand that "God is FUN!" Are there rumblings in RF that a judgmental, works based faith isn't all that great?

I think that it's just a way to show how "blessed" their marriage is and how well they get along. I'm sure plenty of people have had their concerns, so if they show videos of them being loving towards one another, it proves the naysayers wrong. It seems like Gwen is happy to have someone by her side who is supportive (I believe she mentioned as much in one of those videos) and the Gwen and Joe show is a way to showcase THAT as well.

As for her messages about joy...when I was an All Access member, she had a LOT of talks about being joyful, not being focused on self, etc. It seems like she believes that people who are depressed (or simply sad) are that way because they are self-focused and want pity. I have seen multiple people apologize to her on her show for crying when they start testifying about how great she is and how much she changed their lives. They're not supposed to do ANYTHING to put the focus on themselves, because it takes the focus off of God.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I had to go back and look at the engagement and wedding videos again, since @WeirdHarold mentioned them.  She (Gwen) looks so unhealthy, and much older than she actually is - which I would say is because of her general unhealthy state due to not eating enough to feed a fly.  And the brief shots of Elizabeth are frightening.

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed that I went to a new church. Everyone was given a small bookshelf to keep things on that were meaningful to them, and the bookshelves were kept at the church. But if a person left the church, they could take everything off the bookshelf when they left. But my bookshelf was emptied by other church members when I said I was leaving.  And the person at the door who held it open for me to leave was Gwen (hair and all!)  No idea if that means anything or if it was just an unpleasant dream, but I woke up with a very strong sense of WTF!!!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I am so sick of her inability to see anything beyond the extremes.

No you shouldn't be an arrogant jerk because you won. But you SHOULD feel proud of yourself... not all games are board games Gwen... they aren't all down to luck. When my girls spend hours upon hours practicing... taking time at home to work on things... watching videos to learn new techniques... and then all that pays off in a win? They should feel good - they worked hard and it payed off! Be a good sport - don't be a jerk - but you should have a smile on your face! Are you telling me she doesn't feel good when she writes a book and a lot of copies sell? (Although, she shouldn't, because even a monkey can guilt people into buying their works, right?)

Once again - people are allowed to feel emotion. We are allowed to feel everything from joy and happiness and satisfaction to frustration and disappointment... God gave us these emotions and feeling them does not dishonor Him. If anything, when I feel satisfaction in a job well done, I thank God for giving me the time and strength. When I'm frustrated, I thank God that I don't have to go through this alone. These emotions shouldn't be suppressed in favor of fake joy... they should be embraced as a way to become closer to God.

And in addition , some board games , such as namely chess , involve strategic skill over fortuitous chance .  And , as a chess enthusiast , I can tell you that people can give it their all , and be competitive , and still enjoy themselves , and love one another .  A case in point , if anyone is interested , would be the Botez sisters .  They are hard on one another , when they play against each other , and I am sure that Gwod would not approve of their taunting of one another , however good natured it be , but I am sure that they have a deep sisterly love for each other , win or lose .  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Concerned1954 said:

When you die and arrive at the Pearly Gates of Heaven, you're going to be asked, "Did you have fun?"

Life with Gwen and Joe

My contribution to Gwen's new message.

I don't suppose though that Remnant Fellowship , or for that matter all that many churches would approve of Cyndi Lauper's idea of fun , given how sexually charged she can be . :smile:   For example , 

:pb_wink:

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Marmion said:

Life with Gwen and Joe

Okay, maybe I'm crazy... but to me, if God says "Did you have fun?" it would be a sarcastic way of saying "Was it worth it?!" I'm more hoping to hear something along the lines of "Well done my good and faithful servant..."

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

So two things:

1) They just had feast of harvest which is normally themed as “Nothing but Joy” which might be why the focus on joy. 

2) all this talk about games reminded me of when a card game got “too competitive“ and ended up being banned when I was at the remnant day camp. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

On 10/26/2019 at 12:36 PM, WeirdHarold said:

Just noticed people are giving thumbs downs to RF videos on YouTube.  This one got more thumbs downs than thumbs ups.  Don't forget to give feedback on YouTube when you watch them.

image.png.2d4cca7252fcc14b6f1aa829eb284acb.png

I have to admit I'd give that one a thumbs up - along with a comment describing it as one of the funniest and most poorly acted things I've ever seen.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Spoiler

How to Start Losing Weight Again

October 27, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

If you are wanting to get back on track, start off by  reviewing the basics of Weigh Down at WeighDown.com and in your materials. But know that you can get started right now. An important part of the process of repentance includes the recognition that our relationship with God is wounded if our hearts are unclean—in other words, if our hearts secretly long for or lust for something else on this Earth—for more, that is, than what the Father has allotted. If we are plotting for, longing for, or wanting something on this earth, then we cannot be plotting for, longing for, or wanting God with all of our hearts. We can have only one master and love of our lives. All other false gods or idols in our lives should pale next to the true, awesome, and coordinated God of the universe. So in other words, the first major step is to recognize that you have been trying to clean up everything else—all in the name of God, of course—and you had no idea that cleaning up your own heart is the major job description God has given you.

The second step is to realize that if even a piece of your heart is not right, it is hurting God’s heart, and it prevents a wholehearted relationship with God. Anytime someone or something besides God has hold of your heart, it is sin. Instead of making a list of specific things, learn that you can feel it in your heart. If you are attached to any person, anything, or any behavior that you cannot seem to stop, that is a heart attachment—a stronghold—and you need to let go and cling to God or just wait on God. Jonah 2:8 states that those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.

The third major step is to turn your mind and heart and soul to God—turn to God any way you know how. You need to direct your sensitivity toward God and away from the stronghold.

We are done with games and back to losing weight. How to do it: Do not want anything, do not plan anything, do not get attached to anyone. Once your life is divested of any meaning you won't mind wasting away for God.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

All other false gods or idols in our lives should pale next to the true, awesome, and color-coordinated God of the universe.

Spotted an omission and fixed it for you, Gwod.  It looks like Gwen is saying that it's OK to have false gods or idols, as long as they are secondary.  So y'all can go out and buy a plantation (maybe several!), a plane, and new husband, just make sure that God remains your one, true, personal shopper.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Is she saying that God is also a false God? All other false gods should pale next to this false god?

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

So two things:

1) They just had feast of harvest which is normally themed as “Nothing but Joy” which might be why the focus on joy. 

2) all this talk about games reminded me of when a card game got “too competitive“ and ended up being banned when I was at the remnant day camp. 

I still like that game!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

I still like that game!

What game got banned?! My curiosity is killing me. Also, I might want to play it with my children for a little healthy competition. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RFIntrigued said:

What game got banned?! My curiosity is killing me. Also, I might want to play it with my children for a little healthy competition. 

There were actually quite a few ironically. 

The one I was thinking of was the card game Mao. They basically banned all card games around the same time because of Mao, Nerts, and Egyptian War. Also banned were cup stacking and the cup game. I’m sure I’m missing a few...but that’s all I can think of now. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mao_(card_game)

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

This kind of thinking and training strikes me as actually being dangerous. Telling people they should experience nothing but joy is not only unrealistic, it's dishonest. People may be able to fake it for awhile but sooner or later will suffer mental and emotional repercussions. It isn't healthy to deny your emotions. I know I've said this before but kids need to be taught how to deal with things like emotions, competition, and conflict. Those are an inevitable part of life for all of us and we do our kids a disservice if we don't provide them with insight and strategies. Gwen's advice is like telling someone they won't drown if they fall into the lake instead of teaching them how to swim.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

I still like that game!

Egyptian Rat was also a favorite (and as @RFsurvivor pointed out, it was banned from our daycamp as well). We still played it outside of daycamp, despite receiving scrutiny from various members (mostly adults).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Egyptian Rat was also a favorite (and as @RFsurvivor pointed out, it was banned from our daycamp as well). We still played it outside of daycamp, despite receiving scrutiny from various members (mostly adults).

Yes, when something is banned it becomes all that more desirable. :evil-laugh:

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic