IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

On 2/12/2023 at 4:12 PM, Smoochie said:

I wonder who has been 'deployed' to Turkey and what their actual function will be too.

Most of the single Duggar's are in Italy and Lawson was somewhere internationally (their words, no destination given yet) tropical with Tiffany for her birthday. Who's missing? That only leaves JD, Trace or Nathan right?

Lawson took Tiffany to the Bahamas. The single Duggars (plus at least 1 Mediccorp friend) are currently in Venice. I think they still may ultimately be headed to Turkey.

• I Agree 1

23 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

There were pictures posted of Nathan and Trace in Turkey. Didn't spot any Duggars yet. 

I saw a picture with Nathan and Trace shopping for tents and then another of a different person loading them in a car. 

As well, one that someone surmised could be Nathan, but, looked more like JD to me based on his profile, but, not 100% sure. Just odd, they've all posted the same thing, but, not one has said pray for X, Y & Z to be safe, etc. and the post on their Insta simply says due to your donations we were able to purchase dozens of tents & sleeping bags.

Are they still in Ukraine, or did that outreach stop? ETA I do see that someone is still representing them in Ukraine.

But do they as in the Duggars & Bates only stay for a few days, then pack up and go home? That's what it appears to be. Help a little, get some pictures and get outta dodge.  Just questions I have from following their 'relief' services.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Smoochie said:

I saw a picture with Nathan and Trace shopping for tents and then another of a different person loading them in a car. 

As well, one that someone surmised could be Nathan, but, looked more like JD to me based on his profile, but, not 100% sure. Just odd, they've all posted the same thing, but, not one has said pray for X, Y & Z to be safe, etc. and the post on their Insta simply says due to your donations we were able to purchase dozens of tents & sleeping bags.

Are they still in Ukraine, or did that outreach stop? ETA I do see that someone is still representing them in Ukraine.

But do they as in the Duggars & Bates only stay for a few days, then pack up and go home? That's what it appears to be. Help a little, get some pictures and get outta dodge.  Just questions I have from following their 'relief' services.

They would have done more good to donate their airfare & travel expenses to agencies already on the ground & working in Turkey & Syria along w/ urging their followers to do the same, then they could have bought more ‘dozens of tents and sleeping bags’ which is still a drop in the ocean of the hundreds of thousands of people w/out shelter https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/12/what-shall-we-do-millions-displaced-in-turkey-and-syria-after-earthquake but there’s no self promotion, selfie opportunities, & ego stroking in that.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

They seem to have delegated roles to people with some training and yes, the Duggars and Bates will swoop in for cosplay photo ops when it’s convenient to them. My understanding is that they are leasing aircraft and equipment to Mediccorps, so while the organisation is a non profit, they are making money from it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

20 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They seem to have delegated roles to people with some training and yes, the Duggars and Bates will swoop in for cosplay photo ops when it’s convenient to them. My understanding is that they are leasing aircraft and equipment to Mediccorps, so while the organisation is a non profit, they are making money from it.

How is that legal? Doesn’t it become a conflict of interest to lease planes from yourself? JB and Gil taught their sons well !

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile: The real housewives of Medic corps had a Ladies spring lunch. They exchanged aprons and tea. Very, very exciting. 

(Screenshot from Esther Bates' public instagram stories). 

18D81403-0FC7-4F23-8B41-F2718EF79DF3_1_201_a.jpeg

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 4

I see a few pairs of pants in those photos!  Also, three babies and some pregnant women. 

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

I see a few pairs of pants in those photos!  Also, three babies and some pregnant women. 

It’s crazy how almost everyone in that pic has a baby under age 1 or visibly pregnant in the pic. 

Who are the two women on either side of Abbie?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s crazy how almost everyone in that pic has a baby under age 1 or visibly pregnant in the pic. 

Or in Katey's case, both (even though Truett isn't pictured).

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

7 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Or in Katey's case, both (even though Truett isn't pictured).

Abbie should be holding a baby too. Charlie isn’t 1 yet. And Gabby Patton has a pretty young baby. But that baby could be over age 1. I can’t remember. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Abbie should be holding a baby too. Charlie isn’t 1 yet. And Gabby Patton has a pretty young baby. But that baby could be over age 1. I can’t remember. 

I noticed all the babies had bows, and thought "I wonder if that's the current crop of babies or just the girl babies?" I mean, it was a Menace Medic Corps Ladies event, so maybe only girl babies were welcome. That could explain Abbie not holding her son.

• Upvote 2

Aprons? Do people still wear aprons? The last time i remember seeing one that wasn't standing near a barbeque and/or involved a saying like "kiss the chef" was circa 1980. *prepares to duck as apron-wearers emerge and assure the world that aprons are still alive and well*.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, postscript said:

Aprons? Do people still wear aprons? The last time i remember seeing one that wasn't standing near a barbeque and/or involved a saying like "kiss the chef" was circa 1980. *prepares to duck as apron-wearers emerge and assure the world that aprons are still alive and well*.

Kelly Havens makes them to sell. She lives in an alternative universe though. I think most young apron wearers are doing it more for the look than the function. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, postscript said:

I’m in my early 30s and still wear them for messy food prep and washing dishes. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, postscript said:

*prepares to duck as apron-wearers emerge and assure the world that aprons are still alive and well*.

We have some white aprons that you get at restaurant supply stores. I deploy one if there's any possibility of grease splats at the stove. 

This summer at a Framer's Market I bought a little apron made from a Blue Bird Flour sack sewed up by a woman in her 90s! 

Now back to your regular programming!  

• Upvote 3

I have seen the argument to wear an apron if you get really distracted when you are trying to clean/tidy the house. Seeing the apron as part of a cleaning uniform to help stay focused. 

Have I considered getting one for myself? Yes. Have I done it yet? Oooh, what’s this!? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

On 4/13/2023 at 3:26 PM, Howl said:

OMG, is that a black bra strap I see showing on Ester Bates??? Lots of sleevelessness in this group, and Gabby’s placement, light dress and perpetual cheesecake pose in the photo make her look naked. 

Edited by Cam

The last time I saw someone wearing an apron, it was at a bbq.  The guy cooking had one on, and he loved to position himself with his back to the kids and then flip up his apron to reveal the cock and balls his sister sewed on the inside before she gave him the apron.  She made the genitalia out of a pair of nylons and stuffed them with cotton balls.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Flossie said:

he loved to position himself with his back to the kids and then flip up his apron to reveal the cock and balls his sister sewed on the inside before she gave him the apron.  She made the genitalia out of a pair of nylons and stuffed them with cotton balls.

I'm speechless...

• Upvote 5

On 4/13/2023 at 3:50 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gabby Patton is pregnant. Her youngest is a toddler I think. Well over a year. 

I wonder if "girls only" also applied to the babies because the baby girls are in attendance and the baby boys are not. 

On 4/13/2023 at 9:34 PM, postscript said:

I have a gorgeous 50s dress-style apron that I love and it also helps keep my clothes clean when I am hosting. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/15/2023 at 10:20 AM, Mrs Ms said:

I have seen the argument to wear an apron if you get really distracted when you are trying to clean/tidy the house. Seeing the apron as part of a cleaning uniform to help stay focused. 

Have I considered getting one for myself? Yes. Have I done it yet? Oooh, what’s this!? 

My self diagnosed ADHD self wants to try this mainly for the endorphins of looking for said apron (especially vintage) and the possible thought that it may a possible "cure" for my "lazziness"

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

My self diagnosed ADHD self wants to try this mainly for the endorphins of looking for said apron (especially vintage) and the possible thought that it may a possible "cure" for my "lazziness"

Or in my case a pattern that isn’t  vastly outside my skill set so I can make one that actually fits AND has any particular functions I want eg: pockets, loops, length and ties. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

il_794xN.4486150140_70vq.thumb.jpg.7ce8af407e3a0c9af6ca315918865523.jpgThe one I have is quite similar to this. It is adorable but also has a decent amount of coverage. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
Forgot image
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic