IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

I bought one for my daughter’s wedding. I cooked the bulk of the food and it was great to take photos etc. and then run over and put finishing touches on my food without ruining my dress. If I wore one everyday I’d have to wear it backwards as I am forever wiping my hands on the back of my legs or my back🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Huh. I feel like researching aprons online is an excellent way to procrastinate this morning. I'm so glad I checked this thread! 

• Haha 12

• 3 months later...

The boys in MC have had a "training week". This means that they had fun flying (including parachuting), having evening bbq's with the wives and perhaps doing an hour of two of medical training.

Here's a group photo (sceenshot from Instagam). We have John, Trace, Lawson, Jason, Jeremiah and Nathan. So three Bates and three Duggas. I think that the guy next to Nathan is Andrew Patton. The other three... no idea.

338D0E20-EE8E-4E02-83BE-44CA159B47FC_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Apropos of nothing, most of those guys look like they are spending some time pumping iron in the garage gym.  I was thinking about Medic Corps a couple of days ago, wondering if they are still active in Ukraine. 

Be interesting to trace the Medic Corps tax shelter advantages.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 Duggars and 3 Bateses in that photo. After the Shiny Happy People Doc with ALERT being shown, you would think there would be more scrutiny on this group. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Apropos of nothing, most of those guys look like they are spending some time pumping iron in the garage gym.  I was thinking about Medic Corps a couple of days ago, wondering if they are still active in Ukraine. 

Be interesting to trace the Medic Corps tax shelter advantages.

It would be interesting to know the relationship between Medic Choppers- which appears to be an LLC owned by John Duggar - and Medic Corps, a charitable fund run by John Duggar. Does he own the aircraft and lease the to the charity?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I heard recently that JD let his pilots license lapse. And I was surprised. 

Really? I wonder why he let it lapse.

The person posting that info needs to look again.

image.thumb.png.21e47df6eae16864d497869519f5ba06.png

There is more, but this shows he's current. Maybe he was late filing or the FAA slow processing.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

It would be interesting to know the relationship between Medic Choppers- which appears to be an LLC owned by John Duggar - and Medic Corps, a charitable fund run by John Duggar. Does he own the aircraft and lease the to the charity?

Yes, one LLC probably owns the aircraft and leases it to the charity. It’s a common business structure, probably done for liability reasons. If someone gets a judgment against the charity, they won’t lose the plane, and vice versa. It may also provide some tax benefits, and it may make it easier for them to get financing on the aircraft. I don’t for a minute believe they bought those airplanes debt-free. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I heard recently that JD let his pilots license lapse. And I was surprised. 

JD was/is a pilot?

They kept that quiet....

• Haha 16

3 hours ago, postscript said:

Yes, one LLC probably owns the aircraft and leases it to the charity. It’s a common business structure, probably done for liability reasons. If someone gets a judgment against the charity, they won’t lose the plane, and vice versa. It may also provide some tax benefits, and it may make it easier for them to get financing on the aircraft. I don’t for a minute believe they bought those airplanes debt-free. 

That seems a bit shady; is it actually legal? 

• I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

That seems a bit shady; is it actually legal? 

Yes, 100% legal and very common. I’m a lawyer and I see it all the time. 

It’s especially common with hotels. Real estate holding company owns the real estate and building and leases it to a separate operating company which operates the hotel. There are a lot of legitimate reasons for the structure, but in this case I’m sure there’s some Duggar shell game going on in the background. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

I guess JD Duggar probably benefits by getting to use the aircraft for personal use, while charging the charity for maintenance etc.

• Upvote 3

Judging from Lawson "wide stance" Bates' Instagram, the "training week" was only a few days.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Judging from Lawson "wide stance" Bates' Instagram,

Hah, that caused me to go to the photo up-thread and check for wide stances!  There are a few. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Howl said:

Hah, that caused me to go to the photo up-thread and check for wide stances!  There are a few. 

Because they are manly Christian men!!!

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Because they are manly Christian men!!!

So very very manly. The manliest.  

• Haha 9

On 7/18/2023 at 7:33 AM, xenobia said:

The boys in MC have had a "training week". This means that they had fun flying (including parachuting), having evening bbq's with the wives and perhaps doing an hour of two of medical training.

Here's a group photo (sceenshot from Instagam). We have John, Trace, Lawson, Jason, Jeremiah and Nathan. So three Bates and three Duggas. I think that the guy next to Nathan is Andrew Patton. The other three... no idea.

338D0E20-EE8E-4E02-83BE-44CA159B47FC_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks like the Duggar boys be wearing the ballcaps since they got the male pattern baldness thing going on. The other guys with full heads of hair are struttin their stuff. The couple guys on the right end don’t seem to care.

I will never get over Nathan being married to the beautiful Ester. Never.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Cam said:

I will never get over Nathan being married to the beautiful Ester. Never.

Glad I’m not the only one. Physically, he’s very cylindrical. I can’t look at him without picturing a series of barrels stacked on top of each other. Personality wise, he has no redeeming qualities. Can’t figure out why any woman, even a fundy maiden obsessed with the Bateses, would look twice at him. 

• Upvote 4

He might treat her really well. It’s hard to say with them. She might’ve been drawn to his being fundie famous and then he could have love bombed her. 

• Upvote 3

I will add I don’t actually find Nathan’s shape unattractive at all. I’ve dated men of all shapes and sizes in my younger years. But I will say his smile is probably the most unattractive thing I see. It just looks weird and forced. Like he’s scrunching up his face and it’s not really a smile. When his face is just relaxed and not smiling, it looks much more pleasant. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He might treat her really well. It’s hard to say with them. She might’ve been drawn to his being fundie famous and then he could have love bombed her. 

As they say here in Texas, "There's no accounting for taste." 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I know nothing about Nathan Bates. What does he do for a living? In the same way people think Jessa and Ben are a mismatch, I think the same about Ester and Nathan. I know nothing about Ester, either. I just can’t imagine a woman looking at Nathan and thinking, “Him. He’s the one.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think his shape is that different from Zach but his face and expressions are just much less attractive. 

Also, it really makes me think Esther is not a friendly person because if she was both friendly and goodlooking she must have been able to pick from guys with much more qualities (same for Jana).

Edited by CarrotCake

• Coconut Flan locked this topic