IGNORED

Trump 43: King of Chaos

GreyhoundFan

5 minutes ago, AuntK said:

According to NBC NEWS, Trump's 40-minute self-congratulatory diatribe on the killing of al-Baghdadi included not only incorrect information, (big surprise), but also classified information concerning military tactics! And he was allegedly concerned about Schiff leaking information! Apparently military leaders are not happy!

Congress, please hurry!

Rachel Maddow was also reporting on this in her show last night. Apparently he has ruined future raids and information gathering methods, so now new tactics and methodology will need to be devised. All because the stable genius couldn't contain himself from spreading the word that he knows things. 

Edited by fraurosena
forgotten s
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but since the tangerine toddler is a key part of the story, I figured this was as good as anywhere: "Evangelicals have been reshaped into the image of Trump himself

Spoiler

It has always struck me as strange that a narrative about genocide — Noah and the ark — should be employed as a children’s story. As the other boys and girls in Sunday school focused on the cuteness of the rescued animals, I remember thinking about the mass of humanity desperately clawing to get into Noah’s boat. This exposed an early tendency to see the glass as half-empty — particularly when it contained so many floating corpses.

Now I understand that all the best stories have sharp edges of tragedy and danger. Even so, the story of Noah is an odd curricular choice for young children. Fresh off the boat, according to the biblical account, he plants a vineyard, gets drunk and lies naked in his tent. This is a source of consternation to Noah’s sons, who don’t want to see the dark side, much less the backside, of their father. So they cover him with a handy duvet.

Rabbinic and early Christian scholars — figuring that there must be more to the story than meets the eye — postulated that adultery, rape or castration were somehow involved. But there is an application closer at hand.

I thought of drunk, naked Noah while reading the Public Religion Research Institute’s 2019 American Values Survey. In the PRRI survey’s pages, white evangelical Protestants (WEPs) are fully disrobed. And it is an embarrassing sight.

Consider the matter of immigration. Republicans who are WEPs are the most likely group to say that immigrants are invading America and changing its culture. More than 90 percent of WEPs favor more restrictive immigration policies. They support the policy of family separation at the border more strongly than other religious groups and more strongly than Americans as a whole.

How have we come to the point that American evangelicals are significantly crueler in their attitude toward migrant children than the national norm? The answer is simple enough. Rather than shaping President Trump’s agenda in Christian ways, they have been reshaped into the image of Trump himself. Or, more accurately, they have become involved in a political throuple with Trump and Fox News, in which each feeds the grievances and conspiracy thinking of the others.

The result has properly been called cultlike. For many followers, Trump has defined an alternative, insular universe of facts and values that only marginally resembles our own. According to the PRRI poll, nearly two-thirds of WEPs deny that Trump has damaged the dignity of his office. Ponder that a moment. Well over half of this group is willing to deny a blindingly obvious, entirely irrefutable, manifestly clear reality because it is perceived as being critical of their leader. Forty-seven percent of WEPs say that Trump’s behavior makes no difference to their support. Thirty-one percent say there is almost nothing that Trump could do to forfeit their approval. This is preemptive permission for any violation of the moral law or the constitutional order. It is not support; it is obeisance.

An extraordinary 99 percent of WEPs oppose the impeachment and removal of the president — which probably puts me in the smallest political minority I have ever had the honor of occupying.

If Trump survives the impeachment process, and somehow wins a second term, many explanations will be offered. It may be that the Democratic Party went too far left, or picked a nominee with a glass jaw, or couldn’t swim against the political tide of a good economy. But there will be one reason behind all of these reasons: because evangelicals lost their taste for character and gave their blessing to corruption. And this grand act of hypocrisy would mark them for a generation.

The reform of evangelicalism is probably the work of men and women of a rising generation, who have significantly different views and values from their elders. About two-thirds of young white evangelicals believe that immigrants strengthen the country. Their approval of Trump is significantly lower. Time will work in favor of sanity.

But we should not underestimate the cultural trauma that many leaders of the religious right have inflicted. It is in the order of things that a younger generation should challenge the views and values of its parents. It is a source of cynicism and social disruption when an older generation betrays civilizing values in full sight of its children. Many evangelical leaders now lie drunk, naked and exposed.

"

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

He even screws up Halloween (note how he puts the candy bar ON TOP OF THE KID'S COSTUME!!!!!)

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 5

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

He even screws up Halloween (note how he puts the candy bar ON TOP OF THE KID'S COSTUME!!!!!)

Here is how a real president hands out Halloween candy:

obama-laugh-baby-pope.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

9 hours ago, Ali said:

Here is how a real president hands out Halloween candy:

I also loved when he engaged a young boy dressed as Superman:

image.png.3c258d8f0b4ed75656597c74d24e42f9.png

• Upvote 5
  • Love 10

Yeah, right, it was the bulletproof vest. The only people who are fooled by that are BTs:

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yeah, right, it was the bulletproof vest. The only people who are fooled by that are BTs:

Not to mention that he couldn't get the ball to home plate.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Not to mention that he couldn't get the ball to home plate.

He would just be driven in the presidential golf cart from the mound to home plate 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

Seriously? "Trump tweeted a photo of a Medal of Honor recipient — who was edited out and replaced by a dog"

Spoiler

image.png.dc01b61f4564d0618216626fa9cfbf9f.png

In a somber White House ceremony in July 2017, President Trump draped the Medal of Honor around the neck of James McCloughan. He was credited with saving the lives of 10 men in a brutal, days-long battle in Vietnam, and Trump told the former Army medic that “we are in awe of your actions and your bravery.”

On Wednesday, Trump posted a photo of that moment with McCloughan’s image replaced by that of a dog.

image.png.d4d5576b7888ddead175ef14d1973cee.png

“AMERICAN HERO!” Trump tweeted, in the photo of the dog who ran down Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in a Syrian tunnel before Baghdadi killed himself.

The distinctive star of the medal was replaced with a paw print.

Trump and the Pentagon declined to release the dog’s name, but it has become a social media sensation after Trump tweeted a photo of the canine Monday. Since then, it has been the feature of countless memes.

It also collided with a real world moment after the conservative site Daily Wire tweeted the image Tuesday with McCloughan removed.

A watermark for the site appears in Trump’s tweet, but it is a cropped version that removes the attribution of the source photo, which is the Associated Press. That would have indicated that it began as a legitimate news photo, raising the question of whether Trump or a staffer knew McCloughan had been edited out.

A White House spokesman declined to comment. McCloughan, 73, could not be reached for comment.

Jeremy Boreing, the chief operating officer at the Daily Wire, dismissed emailed questions about whether the altered photo originated from his publication.

McCloughan saw the photo as an attempt to herald the dog’s actions in combat, he told the New York Times.

“This recognizes the dog is part of that team of brave people,” he said. McCloughan said he worked with military dogs in Vietnam, where they helped scouts detect enemy positions.

McCloughan was 23 in May 1969 when his unit was caught in a fierce firefight in Tam Ky. He was raked by shrapnel from a rocket propelled grenade while assessing other soldiers for their injuries, but despite his wounds, McCloughan repeatedly braved enemy fire to carry the wounded to safety.

A fellow medic was killed the next day, he later recounted.

“I got him, got his body, and now I’m the only medic,” McCloughan said. “So I downed my pack near a tree, and got all of my pressure bandages out of there and put them in all of the pockets that I had. … And now I start going to get men.”

McCloughan helped evacuate several other soldiers over the course of three hellish days in combat.

He was the first to receive the Medal of Honor from Trump.

The altered photo was tweeted by Trump about three hours before he awarded the Medal of Honor to Army Master Sgt. Matthew O. Williams for bravery in Afghanistan.

Trump basked in the reverence of the award to begin the ceremony.

“Nothing like it,” he said.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 10

5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I just saw an Orange Menace campaign ad. ??

I’ve seen several. Every time I see one, I send an email to the network, complaining about the pollution on the screen.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I’ve seen several. Every time I see one, I send an email to the network, complaining about the pollution on the screen.

So glad I don’t have a working TV

• Upvote 2

Why would you do this?

Although I do have a theory. Trump simply hates all animals. That’s why he has no pets. He probably thinks he will get germs from them or something. So no way would he ever voluntarily come near one, let alone touch them.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Every time I see that photoshopped picture of the dog receiving a medal, I wish the person who did the editing had made the dog a bit bigger so we couldn't see the mango manboy's face.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I'm guessing that the House passed his impeachment resolution...

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, smittykins said:

I just saw an Orange Menace campaign ad. ??

So did I, during the World Series game last night.  It struck me as a whiny tantrum...really lacking finesse.

I can now go back to never watching Fox.

• Upvote 7

On 10/29/2019 at 5:11 PM, JMarie said:

Once someone pointed out his feet to me, I can not stop laughing at how ridiculusly tiny they are. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

It struck me as a whiny tantrum...really lacking finesse.

Spoiler

498477202_ClaudeRainsshocked.jpg.7bda9db7a398998ea8526d215eaf4aea.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

I'm sure you all already saw this but ugh, he's so dumb. How do people still support Trump?

• Upvote 9

Sure Donny

Donald Trump has suggested his wife Melania Trump would not cry if he were shot in an assassination attempt.

The president made the prediction during a private fundraiser on Tuesday night, where he was pondering the 2017 congressional baseball shooting in which several people were shot including House minority whip Steve Scalise.

And some Washington Walgreens Nats fans really don't like fuck face.....

A Washington Nationals fan is going viral after letting out some feelings about President Donald Trump on live TV after the team’s World Series victory over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night.

“I think this is huge for D.C.,” the unnamed fan said on Fox 5, the Washington Fox station. “D.C. needed this. We got some asshole in the fuckin’ White House.”

The reporter, Sue Palka, quickly turned away. 

“Oh, no, no,” she said. “No, no, no.” 

That really ought to stew Fuck Face, not even being called by his name but just being referred to as some asshole.

• Upvote 11

Fox 5 deserves what it got.  Especially after this

Warning the word N**** is used

Spoiler

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

Paula White, the crazy evangelical "pastor" from Florida, is joining Trump's team in the White House.  She's supposedly conducting outreach programs to Trump's base.  I didn't think the average IQ of the White House could drop further but I was wrong.  

• WTF 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic