IGNORED

Joy & Austin 29: RV Living

Coconut Flan

SurpriseGrandkid3 is a moose. He will be 2 in 10 days. He’s 34 inches tall and 36 pounds. We just bought a bunch of 4 t shirts yesterday. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

My little dude is more mouse than moose. 

He's 6.5 years old and fits very comfortably in 5T clothes. And will till likely somewhere around his 7th birthday when he'll graduate into 6T. 

BUT he has gigantic feet. I keep looking at his new school shoes (which granted - we bought big so they'd last all year) and confusing them with MY shoes. I wear a 8.5/9 in women's (so about a 7 or 8 in boys/mens). His are a 1.5 in boys. 
Everyone says "oh he's going to be so tall!" but he's never cracked the 15th percentile in height since he was born and his birth parents are in the 5'1" range. He just has big feet.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

My little guy is in the 90th percentile for height and 30 something for weight. His BMI is technically underweight but his pediatrician told me she is hoping he fills out by his third birthday a little because he eats so much we don't know how we could add more calories without just giving him junk all the time.  He just turned two and barley fits in 2T but all his shorts are like short shorts... poor guy we are going to have real problems when it's time for pants lol even the adjustable waist pants don't go small enough last winter all his pants were pretty much Capris and his shirts if they are long enough are always hanging off his shoulder. I wish they made kids clothes for different body types. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

#2 son was always tiny for his age. He's 29 now and managed to make it to 5'7" tall. HOWEVER, he wears size 11 shoes. Yeah, he kinda looks like a clown with those big feets but...it doesn't seem to bother him at all. He just says that he's part Sasquatch (with the VERY hairy legs) and laughs. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

#2 son was always tiny for his age. He's 29 now and managed to make it to 5'7" tall. HOWEVER, he wears size 11 shoes. Yeah, he kinda looks like a clown with those big feets but...it doesn't seem to bother him at all. He just says that he's part Sasquatch (with the VERY hairy legs) and laughs. 

He sounds exactly like my brother in law. 5'8, very dark haired and very hairy but with these size 12 boots. He always says his feet didn't get the short person memo - they wanted him to be 6 foot something tall. 

• Haha 9

I’m only 5 4 and my feet are a size 9.5/10 since I was about 16. One of my high school PE teachers couldn’t believe how big my feet were. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

@Jana814 you sound like my daughter, she's almost 5'5" and wears a 9.5/10 as well, sadly she gets her giant feet from me, I used be 5'8" I'm now 5'7 1/4" (I shrank 3/4 of an inch), I wore a size 9.5 shoe until my I had kids, I went up to a size 10 after DS was born and to a 10.5 after DD. Of course as soon as I went from a 9.5 to a 10 they started making size 9.5 shoes, they still don't make 10.5 shoes so I have to wear an 11.  I guess I'm doomed to a life of shoes a 1/2 size too big.

I wish most shoes companies make 1/4 size shoes and shoes you can buy the left or right foot too in different sizes, because technically my right foot is a 10 1/4 my left is a 10.5, so my right shoe is usually pretty big and my left fits almost perfectly. I have to make sure to try the left shoe on when trying on shoes, because it has to fit that foot, and if it does the right one will fit, just be a little big. 

Just saw on Joy's insta that Austin, JD and 2 other Duggerling lost boys (Maybe Jason & Justin I can't ever tell the lost boys apart) are in the Bahamas "working" with Mediccorps I wonder if they will actually be doing anything or just obnoxiously be in the way handing out Gothard tracts with their noses in the air? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I have the smallest feet of my 3 siblings, my parents, and my 4 nieces and 1 nephew. I wear a women's size 10 wide. (About an 8 1/2 in men's, or a 41 in European sizing.)

We just grow big feet and big heads. I'm also the shortest of all those at 5' 7". After being around my petite in-laws (MIL and nieces, especially), it's a bit of a relief to be around my family and feel "small" again. :pb_biggrin:

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I have the smallest feet of my 3 siblings, my parents, and my 4 nieces and 1 nephew. I wear a women's size 10 wide. (About an 8 1/2 in men's, or a 41 in European sizing.)

We just grow big feet and big heads. I'm also the shortest of all those at 5' 7". After being around my petite in-laws (MIL and nieces, especially), it's a bit of a relief to be around my family and feel "small" again. :pb_biggrin:

I have the smallest feet in my family at a women's size 5.5 to 6. It can sometimes be hard to find shoes.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I have the smallest feet in my family at a women's size 5.5 to 6. It can sometimes be hard to find shoes.

My first roommate in college had a size 4 shoe. One of her shoes could fit in my size 10 sneaker. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCats said:

Ok. Am I just being mean, or do the “Medic” team including Austin not belong in the Bahamas????

Not mean. I don’t see what they could contribute that’s worthwhile. I think their hearts are in the right places here (I really do, not sarcasm), but unless they were specifically asked to come, they’ll probably be more of a nuisance than anything. 

I hope I’m wrong though, because the last thing the Bahamas needs is more problems. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I hope I’m wrong though, because the last thing the Bahamas needs is more problems.

Or a pack of fundies reminding them how blessed they are.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

Ok. Am I just being mean, or do the “Medic” team including Austin not belong in the Bahamas????

I could see how someone who was experienced in construction could be helpful with clean up and rebuilding, but I'm not sure if that's the most urgent and immediate need after a hurricane. (We don't have hurricanes in the Rocky Mountains.)

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
subject verb agreement matters
  • Upvote 7

On a good day, I am 4’ 10”  BlackberryKid3 is 6’ 5” . Watching us walk side by side can arouse gales of laughter. His feet have been size 13 since he was 13.  I wear an 8 1/2 shoe. For my size I have freaking kayaks.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Right now the Bahamas needs food and water, not Bible tracts and useless prayers.   Blankets and shelters would be nice too.  All these fools brought was themselves.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Right now the Bahamas needs food and water, not Bible tracts and useless prayers.   Blankets and shelters would be nice too.  All these fools brought was themselves.

A dry place to live.  The videos I saw were terrifying.  Reduced to hanging onto the appartment outside railing. With a 4 month old being held slightly more indoors.  No roof, walls. Framing is what was left. That's just the few we saw. Omg. It's so bad.  Even the houses that stayed together hadva whole ocean on the bottom floor, creeping into the 2nd floor.  Just, help these people.  Please don't sneak in early to praise god and themselves. Wipe the damn joyous smirks off your faces, Duggars, and use the talents you have to help. Anyone can help but these fools better read the room and act accordingly to help.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

Joy actually mentioned that Austin is a certified EMT so I can see that being useful in the Bahamas if it's true. Can anyone actually verify this or is his "EMT" training like their "homeschooling"? But honestly he's the only one I could see having any use being there, even if it is just construction. While it might be a little early for construction type stuff he could help building emergency shelters. The other two lost boys... I got nothing. 

• Upvote 12

It bothers me that they seem to have started their own disaster relief org, this Medicorps.  That makes it sound like they have far more medical expertise than they do. But it allows them to solicit donations directly from all their fans, and to keep control of the money.  I hope they're actually using it all for disaster relief, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of it ended up other places. 

Also any of that money would be much more effectively spent supporting existing, actually professional relief organizations that already have the infrastructure to mobilize resources.  But fundies don't believe in expertise, they just believe in "character" and think having some young white men show up wiling to work is actually helpful.  And it allows them to show off and be glorified as heroes. Cutting a check to the Red Cross isn't going to get them these photo ops, even if it would actually be much more helpful to the people in the Bahamas. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Joy actually mentioned that Austin is a certified EMT so I can see that being useful in the Bahamas if it's true. Can anyone actually verify this or is his "EMT" training like their "homeschooling"? 

Even if his training is legit, that’s only one consideration.  I’m more concerned about their technical and practical experience with this type of work. This isn’t treating a kitchen burn or practicing on a dummy.  

Proficiency matters.  My co-worker has a heart attack while he was running and his heart stopped before he hit the ground.  He would be dead right now if he hadn’t been running by a highly experienced EMT who saw him go down. 

• Upvote 12

22 hours ago, Meggo said:

My little dude is more mouse than moose. 

He's 6.5 years old and fits very comfortably in 5T clothes. And will till likely somewhere around his 7th birthday when he'll graduate into 6T. 

BUT he has gigantic feet. I keep looking at his new school shoes (which granted - we bought big so they'd last all year) and confusing them with MY shoes. I wear a 8.5/9 in women's (so about a 7 or 8 in boys/mens). His are a 1.5 in boys. 
Everyone says "oh he's going to be so tall!" but he's never cracked the 15th percentile in height since he was born and his birth parents are in the 5'1" range. He just has big feet.

My 5 1/2 year old granddaughter is a mouse too.  LOL

She weighs 30lbs and short.  She just started kindergarten and her uniforms are 3T!  She is super healthy and eats well, but she is just tiny.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I would think that strong young men and women would be helpful in the Bahamas *if* they can take direction from knowledgable people who aren't fundy. Along with the hauling/distribution of water, food and supplies, power needs to be restored as quickly as possible. My guess is power restoration cannot begin without major debris removal around the working sites. It is possible the Bates/Duggar "team" could help a lot with those things IF they can accept direction and orders from non-fundies.

The grifting for their "Bohemian" project is disturbing. What is wrong with getting themselves there on their own dime, following directions once there, then getting home on their own dime?

• Upvote 16

Can't speak to Austin's certifications, but my best friend was a preacher's homeschooled daughter and her EMT training saved lives.  She used to be a professional EMT.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

It bothers me that they seem to have started their own disaster relief org, this Medicorps.  That makes it sound like they have far more medical expertise than they do. But it allows them to solicit donations directly from all their fans, and to keep control of the money.  I hope they're actually using it all for disaster relief, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of it ended up other places. 

Did they start it themselves? Is it an ATI thing maybe? I was looking at their site and it seems awfully lean on info, for a supposed charitable organization that's trying to collect donations. I know there are plenty of dipshits out there who will click "donate" without doing any research, but I at least want to see, like, a leadership board and a legit office address before I part with my money. As far as I can tell this is just a handful of amateur jackasses playing white savior in a disaster zone.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Doesn't JB own a credit card processing whatever.  Like, they make money off being some kind of middle man. Hmmmm.....

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic