IGNORED

Bike ride adventures

47of74

Yesterday's bike rides to and from work.

• Upvote 1

This afternoon's ride around the Twin Cities

• Upvote 1

And this afternoon's ride up into Minneapolis and the lakes...

• Upvote 1

Yesterday’s ride to Saint Paul and back. 

62DC0450-1577-42D5-94C9-4FD459CDB2F7.thumb.jpeg.d2ac6bb71d119f0659e0c52459769446.jpeg

Didn’t have the GoPro since the strap was broke.  And now my bike is complaining that it wants some bike shop attention. Ugh. 

• Upvote 1

And this afternoon's jaunt around Lake Nokomis

This afternoon's ride.

As for the soundtrack the devil made me do it....

• Upvote 1

Wednesday's bike rides to and from work. 

I should have a handlebar mount for my GoPro so I can put the GoPro down on my handlebar.  I've been using the chesty mount the past few days after my previous bike mount gave out. 

5 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Wednesday's bike rides to and from work. 

I always enjoy your musical selections, and this one got me out of my chair busting out a few dance moves.  Thanks!  :banana-linedance: 

• Thank You 1

And today's post work ride

• Upvote 1

And of course after work today I did a bike ride to inaugurate the two days of debauchery to follow

• Upvote 1

Went out to the bike shop and back.

Yeah the wrench on the display was just a take me to the bike shop human so they can give me some TLC.  They said some time I should come by for a tune up when I can leave it overnight but no rush.

• Upvote 1

And today's rides around the Twin Cities

• Upvote 1

Today's post work ride

• Upvote 1

Today's adventure

Went down to Best Buy to see if they had batteries for my Canon EOS camera.  Wound up ordering a battery and a charger off Amazon for less than half what Best Buy wanted for a single battery if it was in stock at the time. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Wound up ordering a battery and a charger off Amazon for less than half what Best Buy wanted for a single battery if it was in stock at the time. 

And it arrived this morning. I gotta find out what time they lock the outside door at the main entrance so Amazon doesn’t leave it outside. I’d rather they leave packages in the foyer where there’s a security camera.

• Upvote 1

And today's commutes to and from work

• Thank You 1

Such a pretty area.  I keep admiring all those dedicated bike lanes.  Are you finding some favorite local hangouts?  Looks like some good options from what I can see as you zip by.  Thanks for posting.  🍻 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Such a pretty area.  I keep admiring all those dedicated bike lanes.  Are you finding some favorite local hangouts?  Looks like some good options from what I can see as you zip by.  Thanks for posting.  🍻 

Part of that was the green way - which I think was where a local railroad line used to be but I could be long.  I've seen it a few times and wanted to try it.  Maybe I'll do more of a ride this weekend.

As for hangouts, the one place I stopped at yesterday evening is called Town Hall Tap, which is a southside tap room for Town Hall Brewery.  I stop there every so often.  There's also Wild Mind Ales which is a little over a mile and where the people know my name given the number of times I've been there.  There's a couple coffee shops up at 48th and Chicago that are good if I'm not in the mood for beer.  There's a nice outdoor place up by lake Nokomis.  Plus a nice Cuban place the next block down from me.  There's lots of good local options around here.  (I do like Matt's Bar with the Jucy Lucy hamburgers but I don't tend to hang out there as much since they're almost always packed and it's almost always a wait even if you're just going to sit at the bar).  

• Thank You 1

And this afternoon's ride around the Lake Nokomis and the Diamond Lake neighborhoods.

• Upvote 1

Worked a couple hours yesterday and then went out on a nice long bike ride.  Wound up being about 28 miles in total.  Here's about 3/4 of it before my GoPro battery gave out.

I've gotta stick every kind of charge/sync cable known to human kind along with USB outlet adapters in my bike bag along with my camera bag.  My iPhone battery drained too but the one brewery I stopped at (which was open early on a Monday for the holiday) I was able to bum a USB outlet adapter off them and charge with the cable I did bring with me for an hour.   

• Thank You 1

Today's bike ride.

IMG_3943.thumb.JPG.42098f5e1f9904136b7991786f19c033.JPG

No GoPro time lapse because my GoPro is being an ass lately and locking up.  And if I don't check it'll lock up and run the battery all the way down to nothing which is what it did today.  I did the ride over lunch because I have some things I want to do after work. 

And yesterday I went over the Ford Parkway Bridge that goes over the Mississippi into St. Paul but turned around and went back across because I wanted to go up to Minneapolis side of the river.  Well, just so happens by doing that I drew what looks like a certain body part on the map...

Spoiler

mrpo.thumb.jpg.ef72e953df72a968ba8ef55f659d0e37.jpg

• Upvote 1

Today's bike rides to and from work.

I wanted to go over the Stone Arch Bridge but got a bit mixed up Monday and decided heck with it.  Went over it after work.  About 18.7 miles total today.

• Thank You 1

13 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Beautiful sunset scene from the dock.  I was wondering about the Stone Arch Bridge (seems like there are lots of bridges around your neighborhood) and found this website.  Stone Arch Bridge - Minneapolis Parks info page

Thank you.  Sunset was over Lake Nokomis which is the main lake in the part of Minneapolis where I live. 

There aren't as many bridges as far south as I am.  The closet Mississippi River bridge to me is the Ford Parkway Bridge.  That's the one where I unintentionally drew a penis on the map Monday due to my determination to go up the Minneapolis side.  The main concentration of Mississippi River bridges is down town with the Stone Arch bridge, I-35W, I-94, Washington Ave, and Franklin Ave.  Nice thing about Stone Arch is that it's a bike/pedestrian only bridge. 

I would've went over the Stone Arch Monday but got confused due to the shear number of bridges and decided fornicate it as I wanted to let back home sooner or later.  It was only about a mile to get there from work yesterday so I did that after work then headed back down on the St. Paul side.  I might head up and go over one of the Greenways after work today. 

A nice thing with the Washington Ave. bridge is that it's a double decker and the top deck has dedicated bike and pedestrian lanes on the top deck.  All the rail and auto traffice goes over on the lower deck.

• Upvote 1

The QE2 Memorial Bike Ride and Soda of Oat Session after work today;

• Love 1