IGNORED

Bike ride adventures

47of74

And after work today I did a ride up to the Lyn Lake neighborhood and back.  Almost 10 miles total.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 2

Did a ride around the neighborhood after work today.

It was cloudy but otherwise fairly pleasant out for riding.  It didn't rain at all while I was out.  It was right about 60 out so I was able to go with a lighter jacket.  It was about 6.7 miles total.

• Upvote 2

Here's the time lapse of the bike ride I did yesterday.

It turned out to be nicer than what they had forecast yesterday.  No rain to really speak of and it wasn't too windy out either.  I went 23 miles total yesterday so I was a bit tired and sore by the time I got home.  I was too tired to put the video up when I got home yesterday and it took quite a while to load today due to the length/size of the clips.

• Upvote 2

And here's today post work bike ride.

I went down to Historic Fort Snelling, crossed over the Minnesota river, and went for a ride around before heading back over the river.  It was just under 20 miles total.  It was in the mid-50s today but it was really windy out so that made for more of a workout than I would have gotten otherwise.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

And here is today's ride.

This is actually closer to the route I wanted to do Monday.  I went down to Fort Snelling but I went over the Mendota bridge instead of the Mississippi River one Monday and didn't realize I had made a wrong turn till I hit I-35E.

I got a bit of a work out guiding my bike up and down the stairs at each end of the Mississippi River bridge.  I just had over 80 miles last month (thank you freaky MN weather) but at the rate I'm going I might beat that this week.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Here's yesterday's ride.

It was the first ride to and from work that I did this year.  A bit chilly in the morning but fairly pleasant out in the afternoon with highs in the mid 60s.  My watch says its 75 and it's clear out so I'm looking forward to doing some more riding after work today.

• Upvote 2

And here's today's ride.  It was in the mid 70s so I didn't need to wear a jacket nor any head coverings. 

I was going to go down to Eagan but there was some flooding so I couldn't go down there.  Still, it was a good ride.  About 16 miles total.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

May the Fourth be with you, too!  What a great day for a ride.  Hope the water recedes soon so you can get where you want to go.  I continue to be impressed by the bike lanes and trails around your neighborhood.  

• Thank You 1

19 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

May the Fourth be with you, too!  What a great day for a ride.  Hope the water recedes soon so you can get where you want to go.  I continue to be impressed by the bike lanes and trails around your neighborhood.  

I went down to Eagan via my four wheel money sink today after work.  It was raining when I left today.

IMG_1807.thumb.JPG.49ff59a1b86127ee00310a21a043808d.JPG

However, even if it wasn't raining then I was going to skip since I had some groceries to get today

• Upvote 1

Yeah I continue to be impressed with all the bike lanes and trails around me.  Now that it's getting warmer again I can spend time during the day mapping out where I want to go on my bike.  I'm hoping I can get some riding in this weekend.  They're saying isolated showers/storms this weekend.  Plus I have a law school classmate meeting me at a winery 1:30 on Sunday so I hope I can get a whole bunch of riding squeezed in.  I got just over 90 miles in last month but I'm hoping to do a lot more than that just this week.

• Upvote 2

I went up to church and then to meet my friend all on the bike yesterday. 

The weather was just about perfect yesterday, just a little chilly in the morning but by the afternoon it had warmed up into the 70s. 

• Thank You 1

Picked up my bike today from the hospital.  Fortunately my GoPro and other property was still all there. After getting my bike back I took it to the shop for a once over. Other than a couple scratches and needing to straighten the fender a bit no real damage.   They said normally they’d charge $40 for an inspection but decided not to charge me anything for the inspection and work.  

Going to ease back in to riding over the near future.  Gonna have to check the GoPro to see if it was an accident or not.  

• Upvote 1

Here's the time lapse of Monday's bike ride.

Not much from the accident itself though but I did get over 15 miles total Monday.

Went for a ride this afternoon once it quit raining and cleared up a bit. 

About eight miles total today.  It was a fairly pleasant ride.  I went up around Lake Nokomis and the Minnehaha Parkway before heading back and stopping at Dairy Queen for some ice cream.  (Which was my plan last Monday - I was going to stop for ice cream then go home).

I hope these doctors understand I'm not asking their permission but am riding again.  If I'm gonna go it's going to be on my fucking bike and not sitting at home waiting for the end.  

• Upvote 1

And here's today's ride.

About 7.7 miles total this afternoon.  Supposed to really warm up later this week for bike riding.  

• Upvote 1

Glad you are out and about again, enjoying some Burger King!  😊 

And here's yesterday's ride.

I wasn't able to get out on a ride this afternoon.  Hopefully tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

• Upvote 1

Here's the commutes from Thursday

• Thank You 1

I was able to go for a 20 mile ride yesterday up to downtown Minneapolis and back.

The weather was perfect with highs reaching the low 70s.

• Upvote 1

Went up to the Minnehaha Falls and back. 

RYZB5845.thumb.jpg.cb1c1f86ef19a7e7e753e2982f45da2f.jpg

No time lapse though.  I couldn't remember where I set the GoPro.  I'm sure it'll turn up.  I saw it in the condo before I left.  I decided to go before I lost the energy to go out on a ride.  It was just over 8 miles totay.  Again the weather was really great this afternoon for riding.

• Upvote 1

Went for a ride after work today.

If it seems off it's because the GoPro recorded it at normal speed and not in time lapse mode as I thought I had set it.  So instead I sped it up in iMovie.  The ride was just under nine miles total this evening.

• Upvote 1

Goddamit.  Fuck.  Son of fucking bitch.  Shit.  Some time between about 7:30 last night and 4:15 this afternoon my bike got stolen out of my assigned spot in my condo's enclosed garage.  I filed a police report and an insurance claim as well.  I guess I'll have to get 20 goddamn locks and use them at home as well.  

• WTF 2

Oh and my dad asked if I’d consider giving up bike riding.  I managed to say no instead of fuck that.  Insurance company isn’t being as cooperative this time either. I’m not letting these sticks of fuck thieves or potential medical issues win. I’d rather go on my goddamn bike than sitting at home. If people don’t like it they can fornicate themselves. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Update on the bike front.  Went to a couple bike shops yesterday and today.  Tested one yesterday and am heading back tomorrow to test a couple more.  Went to the Trek dealer this afternoon and looked at some of their bikes.  They had some darker blue bikes which is what I had preferred over the teal I had before.

I also set up a fundraiser on GoFundMe to see if anyone will help me in raising money for replacing my bike.  While I was there I also wondered out loud the possibility of having the condo board install a chain linked cage topped off with razor wire for bike owners.

Oh and fuck bike thieves.  My position is throw the goddamn fucking book at them and send them Stillwater for the rest of their useless lives. 

• Upvote 1