IGNORED

Bike ride adventures

47of74

Got about 18.6 miles in today on the ol' two wheel money sink.  Couldn't find the GoPro (it's somewhere at home) and I was in a bit of a hurry so I didn't have any video of today's jaunts.  I just wish I had next Wednesday off cause it's supposed to be in the 60s - that would be a nice day for a ride. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I just wish I had next Wednesday off cause it's supposed to be in the 60s - that would be a nice day for a ride. 

Crazy warm for your part of the country!  Enjoy every warm day. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I just wish I had next Wednesday off cause it's supposed to be in the 60s - that would be a nice day for a ride. 

We finally got below freezing last night, but our forecast says low 80s for Wednesday. :cray-cray:

• 6 months later...

Finally got around to retrieving the video I made on the infamous April 2 bike ride and putting it up on YouTube.

I hope in the near future to put some more up since I'm out of the brace and can ride again.  Just have to wait and see what the verdict is on the bike.

I got my bike back today.  They said other than the fender there wasn't really any damage and they were able to more or less fix it.  Gonna wait and see how it works before deciding whether or not to replace.  They replaced the brake pads but that was about all they had to do.  So I'm out riding right now.  Had some Dick's Sporting Goods rewards to use up so I got a new light grey helmet for $10.  (I threw out the one I had because I figured it probably was compromised after the accident.  Had blood all over it too).  I was kind of hoping they'd have a bright yellow one but oh well this one is good.   

Found out there's a back entrance to the condo off the garage that works with the main entrance key so I didn't have to lug the garage door opener with me.  Of course I mounted the GoPro and have Strava recording the ride so Captain 47 Overshare will be sharing YouTube of the ride after getting home.

• Upvote 2

Got back from the ride and got the video up on YouTube.

It was just about 9.7 miles. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

And here's today's ride

• Upvote 1

Headed back to this part of the world (SW Colorado) on Tuesday! East Rock Creek Loop in Sand Canyon. 

WIZK1975.thumb.JPG.5fc64edc9c3041d7acf5feb0981e5136.JPG

• Upvote 3

Wanted to try riding the bike to and from work so I headed in to the office today.  The rides to and from home and downtown were fairly nice.  14 miles total today.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Wanted to try riding the bike to and from work so I headed in to the office today.  The

Good to see you are back in action on the two wheeled money sink!  The musical selection was inspired, especially going through the parking garage.  That was a little dizzying, but looked like fun.  Hope you are enjoying your new surroundings. 🚴‍♂️ 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Went and checked out some of the trails around South Minneapolis this evening and made a grocery store run.

There's some pretty good trails right in my neighborhood.  Of course if I had known it was going to get rainy later on I would have started for home sooner.  Just a little over nine miles total.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Went for a ride down to the shopping center then up and around Lake Nokomis.  Found the nice beach and lakeside joint there.

• Thank You 1

Today's post work ride around south Minneapolis / north Richfield.

Had some bike chain issues towards the end.  Fornicate.  Probably will have to take it in tomorrow to get it looked at.

• Upvote 1

The bike shop found the issue with the chain this afternoon and got it fixed.  So after work this evening I went for a ride around the area.

• Upvote 2

Here's Saturday's ride, at least the upright parts.

• Upvote 1

Went for a quick jaunt around Lake Nokomis after work today, complete with a stop at the main beach front place for a while....

• Upvote 1

This afternoon's post work ride. 

About 7.7 miles total.

• Thank You 1

This morning’s ride up to work. 

They got me access to the fitness center at work so I was able to take a shower and change at work. The gym there is pretty nice too and has soap/shampoo/towels/etc. But I still have my own here.  

• Thank You 1

And the ride home from work this afternoon.

Pretty nice ride home from work.  Traffic wasn't too bad riding home from work.

And here's the ride up to get a medicine refille and back this afternoon

• Thank You 1

I was out of coffee this morning so I ran over to Cub foods this morning to get coffee and a couple other things.

552449935_ScreenShot2022-07-22at10_54_44AM.thumb.png.7794bca6a302819cfb179bfcc5959177.png

It was pretty nice out this morning for riding.  If I didn't have to work today I would've made more of a ride out of it. 

Got a small portable bike lock that'll fit in my pocket better for when I'm out on rides.  I think next up on the shopping list is a trunk bag to mount on the back of my money sink.  Eventually a trailer as well. Even when I can drive again Cub Foods is nice and close by as is Target and other stores so I’d still ride as much as I could. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 1

Of course my FJ corrupted brain is trying to figure out what sort of obscene route I did after work today

322E175E-7E60-4E94-8B87-AEB9D2FAD6DD.thumb.jpeg.0c3bde8833829c2ecaffc0a28c7ae65d.jpeg

14 miles. Longest ride in a while. 

• Upvote 1

And the time lapse of today's ride

• Thank You 1

What a pretty area to ride around.  It’s good to see so many other cyclists and walkers out and about in the sunshine, and I’m impressed by all the bike trails.  Your condo looks like it’s in a great location to launch out from.  

18 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

What a pretty area to ride around.  It’s good to see so many other cyclists and walkers out and about in the sunshine, and I’m impressed by all the bike trails.  Your condo looks like it’s in a great location to launch out from.  

Yes I really think I hit the jackpot location wise.  Not only with trails but the main roads have dedicated bike lanes.  And it's six miles from the office so it's not too bad of a ride if I want to go in for work. 

• Upvote 1