IGNORED

Bates 27: I Want My Bates TV

Georgiana

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I just notice that the official Bates family account is now following Trace (don't know how new this is) and his family, soooo what do we think this means? They already said the kids are getting to know and are special friends. How fast will they ho with this relationship? Katie for now is the only 18+ female at home, I get that Jed and Jeb are not so little anymore and don't request so much help, but still I think Kelly needs someone at home for all the domestic stuff that she don't do. 

I think you mean Travis not Trace. I think it will be a really slow relationship. Travis just started college this fall and so he still has 4 more years in school. He also doesnt seem to have a job, and he is just 18. No Bates has married with a guy so young before.

• Upvote 9

Yeah sorry obviously I was meaning Travis, I had Trace in mind since they just announce the next step in their relationship, whatever that it is courtship or dating...

I hope for them that it will be a super long relationship, 4 years or so seems good to me 

• Upvote 4

I just watched yesterday's episode of Bringing Up Bates. It sounds like Erin is gunning for a vow renewal. She mentioned it and a few thinly veiled hints that she wants a redo.

The best part of the episode was Lawson getting his arse kicked at golf by Erin. He needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 1

Crazy stuff can happen at a youth service, but this is just stupid. Gil was just showing off. How insecure do you have to be? It's okay to be fit, but it's another thing when you're pushing your body's limits to the point of hurting yourself.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

I just watched yesterday's episode of Bringing Up Bates. It sounds like Erin is gunning for a vow renewal. She mentioned it and a few thinly veiled hints that she wants a redo.

The best part of the episode was Lawson getting his arse kicked at golf by Erin. He needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

Poor Chad is going to be hand crafting projects all day every day if Erin gets a vow renewal.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8

9 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Of course she wants it. Whitney had an amazing re-wedding (they called it vow renewal but looked like an actual wedding to me). And Tori, Josie and Carlin have had beautiful weddings that made Whitney, Erin and Michael's ones look tacky. Erin had developed her own style since she was married and now has (almost) 4 beautiful ring bearers and flowergirls of her own, so she is willing for a wedding revisited with a better dress and country chic decoration.

I'm OK with people celebrating whatever, but how can someone with 4 little kids organise a vow renewal wedding-style? Does Erin sleep at all? And why her kids have so few toys but she can have a super party? Not exactly an austerity lesson for them.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

14 hours ago, Kelsey said:

The best part of the episode was on the talking couch and Nathan was egging on Lawson until Lawson finally said, "It is NOT FUN to hit it in the little hole!"

Edited by Bobology
re-wording
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

4 minutes ago, Bobology said:

The best part of the episode was on the talking couch and Nathan was egging on Lawson until Lawson finally said, "It is NOT FUN to hit it in the little hole!"

Of course a virgin would say that ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

On 9/26/2019 at 9:23 PM, BrandoBarks said:

Yay for Berlin weddings ❤️ 

I just spent two weeks in Berlin. *Everything* in Berlin is cool, so I can easily imagine weddings being extra cool there... especially if held in Wedding (sorry!). I was going to complain about Munich being less cool,but I've just got back from the Oktoberfest, so ;) I'm calling it quits on the "who's coolest" question for now!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

On 9/27/2019 at 5:50 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Extreme Preaching: Fundie Edition. What an absolutely ludicrous headline.

EB8A8F7B-857C-4A85-83DA-DFFAD831AAF6.jpeg

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Gil had an existing injury, did something purposely stupid while preaching to feign injury. That way the church pays for his medical bills. Kind of like Work comp.

He knows how to grift better than most so I wouldn’t put it past him.

• Upvote 5

On 9/27/2019 at 6:50 PM, Seculardaisy said:

Extreme Preaching: Fundie Edition. What an absolutely ludicrous headline.

EB8A8F7B-857C-4A85-83DA-DFFAD831AAF6.jpeg

Why do they always choose that pic where it looks like Gil is trying to cop a feel?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Gil had an existing injury, did something purposely stupid while preaching to feign injury. That way the church pays for his medical bills. Kind of like Work comp.

He knows how to grift better than most so I wouldn’t put it past him.

He challenged some teens in a youth group to a push ups contest, he told the storie in the facebook live.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, llucie said:

He challenged some teens in a youth group to a push ups contest, he told the storie in the facebook live.

Push-ups for jesus! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Anyone remember the name of the former patriarch who had interns who he would challenge to push up contests? He always claimed to win but we always suspected that beating him wasn't actually an option for interns. 

Gil doing that made me think of that guy and his ridiculous push up contests. 

• Upvote 4

Since she dosen't yet have her own tread I'll posted it here.

Yesterday (well more in the middle of the night) I was surfing Ig and I saw Katie's stories she was out in a double date with Kelton and Josie and Travis, so they are definitely getting to know each other, and it seems to me that the phase is going well if they posted on IG with the #doubledate

I was hoping this could have been a looong relationship since they are both so young, but I have the feeling they will move fast

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Since she dosen't yet have her own tread I'll posted it here.

Yesterday (well more in the middle of the night) I was surfing Ig and I saw Katie's stories she was out in a double date with Kelton and Josie and Travis, so they are definitely getting to know each other, and it seems to me that the phase is going well if they posted on IG with the #doubledate

I was hoping this could have been a looong relationship since they are both so young, but I have the feeling they will move fast

And he was wearing a damn tux! Wtf? My nephew is similar in age and he hates having to wear tuxes. Even to prom. But that’s the only time he will do it. Yet they were just going on a double date! I thought it was odd to basically wear the dessiest thing possible on a date with a girl you aren’t even officially courting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I agree that is strange, plus he makes him look even younger like 15 or 16. 

I think also Bobby was dress up, but the video was very short and I didn't pay too much attention to him 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191005-140848_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.3d23354611334fe4354e1d432fd6cf8d.jpgScreenshot_20191005-140848_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.3d23354611334fe4354e1d432fd6cf8d.jpg

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I agree that is strange, plus he makes him look even younger like 15 or 16. 

I think also Bobby was dress up, but the video was very short and I didn't pay too much attention to him 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20191005-140848_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.3d23354611334fe4354e1d432fd6cf8d.jpgScreenshot_20191005-140848_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.3d23354611334fe4354e1d432fd6cf8d.jpg

It was Kelton, not Bobby. But he looked like he may have been wearing a tux but no tie. 

• Upvote 3

You are right Jermajesty, there is already too many people in that family for me to keep properly track of all of them...and the scary thing is that they only keep growing! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I know we all already knew that the Bates treat their animals like garbage but watching them build their chocolate lab a dog house to sleep on the porch broke my heart in last nights episode. Especially hearing the following exchange.

One of the Bates men: “I thought Mom was going to let Johnny (the dog) live inside the house.”

Gill: “OH NO!”

And those a-holes couldn’t even be bothered to build the dog house correctly. When all was said and done they had a bunch of extra parts including metal supporting pieces for the walls inside the dog house.

#FreeJohnny

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 15

Katie is 19 so I guess it’s not too surprising sadly. I just hope she can see 20 before she pregnant. After Katie leaves there are “only” 8 under age kids left in the house, the two youngest boys are really the only two that need much tending to, they are 9 and 7 which isn’t even that young. Then the middle girls who are 10-13, I’m sure Kelly and Gil think that’s plenty old enough to take on the majority of the work around the house. I wonder if after Katie and Trace move out, (which will happen in 2020 for both of them I bet) will the attention turn to Lawson and Nathan to settle down?

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I know we all already knew that the Bates treat their animals like garbage but watching them build their chocolate lab a dog house to sleep on the porch broke my heart in last nights episode. Especially hearing the following exchange.

One of the Bates men: “I thought Mom was going to let Johnny (the dog) live inside the house.”

Gill: “OH NO!”

And those a-holes couldn’t even be bothered to build the dog house correctly. When all was said and done they had a bunch of extra parts including metal supporting pieces for the walls inside the dog house.

#FreeJohnny

Poor doggie. I'm surprised they actually showed that. After the disaster of showing how they treated their horses I would think they would be more careful on what they showed. I guess they really think how they treat animals is okay. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Poor doggie. I'm surprised they actually showed that. After the disaster of showing how they treated their horses I would think they would be more careful on what they showed. I guess they really think how they treat animals is okay. 

That really is super sad. Dogs all animals deserve to be treated kindly. Labs are such good dogs too. I’ve got my lab sleeping next to me on my bed as I type this. The only time I let her sleep outside is when we’re camping and she’s in my tent—she loves that.

Also, how did they treat their horses? 

• Upvote 7

IMO, if heaven exists, the way to get into it is to treat animals and kids right. People like Lori Alexander and TAM won’t be in heaven at all. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic